2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious to know if anyone has had this issue? My Elite Pro expired and my points were all cashed out to google play credit without my consent. I figured because my Elite membership ended it did that but when I try to access the codes and input them in google play, they state that codes have been used. Was my account hacked? Does anyone have a similar experience? Thanks in advance,

Curious to know if anyone has had this issue? My Elite Pro expired and my points were all cashed out to google play credit without my consent. I figured because my Elite membership ended it did that but when I try to access the codes and input them in google play, they state that codes have been used. Was my account hacked? Does anyone have a similar experience? Thanks in advance,
that happened to me too a few months back. Call customer service, I got all my points back in like 10 minutes.

Curious to know if anyone has had this issue? My Elite Pro expired and my points were all cashed out to google play credit without my consent. I figured because my Elite membership ended it did that but when I try to access the codes and input them in google play, they state that codes have been used. Was my account hacked? Does anyone have a similar experience? Thanks in advance,
You were hacked

20% bonus only on games traded towards Division 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro
New weekly ad is out & the promo is losing DMC 5 & gaining MLB The Show 19 in its place. Also, if anyone needs a credit mover, UFC 3 PS4 is on sale for $10 & trades in for $10 at Best Buy.

Does anybody know if the Pro Renewal B2G1 Coupon can be used for more than just 3 games?? I’d like to pick up 9 of the upper tier Switch carts at a nearby store so I’d be saving $150 if I can get 3 free games instead of just the 1.

Does anybody know if the Pro Renewal B2G1 Coupon can be used for more than just 3 games?? I’d like to pick up 9 of the upper tier Switch carts at a nearby store so I’d be saving $150 if I can get 3 free games instead of just the 1.
No, wait for prestige day.

4/$20 is advertised now. I know some people have been waiting for this, as the 4/$10 has been running for quite some time now.

Any suggestions? So far all I see is Tearaway for PS4.

4/$20 is advertised now. I know some people have been waiting for this, as the 4/$10 has been running for quite some time now.

Any suggestions? So far all I see is Tearaway for PS4.
The 4/$20 deal is for all preowned games $9.99 and under, correct? I’m looking to expand my Wii/Wii U library on the cheap and my local GS has a surprising number of decent titles at that price range.

If you still have elite pro, Pokemon pearl and black trade in for a bit more than you buy them with if you use trade credit and put them towards one of the preorders.  Boomerangs suck now.  :(

Just got back from my local one and they had the price drops on games, but the system wasn't applying the 4 for $20.  They had to manually adjust the games so it shows "Disc. $5 - Promotion not found" on the receipt.   But managed to get Dragon Quest Heroes(PS4), Onechanbara Z2: Chaos(PS4), Uncharted 4(PS4) & GTA V(PS3) for $5 each due to the sale and used a few of the most wanted games to pay for it.

Looked online before I went and it's ridiculous how much more Dragon Quest Heroes & Onechanbara Z2 are going for online compared to getting them for $5 each due to this deal.  Glad that GS decided to change up the deals.

Just got back from my local one and they had the price drops on games, but the system wasn't applying the 4 for $20. They had to manually adjust the games so it shows "Disc. $5 - Promotion not found" on the receipt. But managed to get Dragon Quest Heroes(PS4), Onechanbara Z2: Chaos(PS4), Uncharted 4(PS4) & GTA V(PS3) for $5 each due to the sale and used a few of the most wanted games to pay for it.

Looked online before I went and it's ridiculous how much more Dragon Quest Heroes & Onechanbara Z2 are going for online compared to getting them for $5 each due to this deal. Glad that GS decided to change up the deals.
It probably wasn't applying since it goes from 3/18 through 3/31. You are a day early. At least you got them to do a manual override.

It probably wasn't applying since it goes from 3/18 through 3/31. You are a day early. At least you got them to do a manual override.
D'oh, didn't even catch that detail in the ad. But even the manager thought that the 4 for $10 ended yesterday and the 4 for $20 started today. Even had the signs out for it on the shelves. So guess I lucked out on that.

New weekly ad is out & the promo is losing DMC 5 & gaining MLB The Show 19 in its place. Also, if anyone needs a credit mover, UFC 3 PS4 is on sale for $10 & trades in for $10 at Best Buy.
Also, it is an extra 10% for pro members that wasn't there yesterday? I have elite and traded in Red Dead Redemption 2 ($25 base plus 40%) for $35 yesterday towards my Sekiro preorder. So would I have gotten 50% on top of the base if I'd waited until today?

Edit: Nevermind...I think I got fooled by the tricky wording. 40% is probably still the max add on bonus if you have Elite.

Edit Edit: Wait, maybe the promo is 30% extra if you have a membership....are they saying that the promo changes if you have a membership or the amount you will get in the end changes if you have a membership?

Also, it is an extra 10% for pro members that wasn't there yesterday? I have elite and traded in Red Dead Redemption 2 ($25 base plus 40%) for $35 yesterday towards my Sekiro preorder. So would I have gotten 50% on top of the base if I'd waited until today?

Edit: Nevermind...I think I got fooled by the tricky wording. 40% is probably still the max add on bonus if you have Elite.

Edit Edit: Wait, maybe the promo is 30% extra if you have a membership....are they saying that the promo changes if you have a membership or the amount you will get in the end changes if you have a membership?
You answered yourself.

The extra 10% bump to 30% is cuz of your PUR membership

4 for 20 is nice but I would prefer the 14.99 variant sale

For anybody that hasn't seen today's new add PS plus 12 month subscriptions are 25% off @ $44.99 which isn't to bad since they don't go on sale that often. I used a $10 cert and picked it up for $34.99. It was actually perfect timing because my son only has about a month left. On a side note the cert that I used stayed in my active offers so I used it again at another gamestop and picked up UFC 3 for the XBOX ONE and got it for free. At this time the cert is still in my active offers but I don't want to get to greedy and get banned.

For anybody that hasn't seen today's new add PS plus 12 month subscriptions are 25% off @ $44.99 which isn't to bad since they don't go on sale that often. I used a $10 cert and picked it up for $34.99. It was actually perfect timing because my son only has about a month left. On a side note the cert that I used stayed in my active offers so I used it again at another gamestop and picked up UFC 3 for the XBOX ONE and got it for free. At this time the cert is still in my active offers but I don't want to get to greedy and get banned.
You already did and you probably should be banned (at least from PUR, they still take your money).

So I got kindgdom hearts 3 for about $40 at launch (price glitch on Amazon from many years ago). Haven't even opened it and debating just trading it in for $42 towards shadows die twice. Anyone have an opinion of kindgdom hearts 3? I've heard mixed things about it.

So I got kindgdom hearts 3 for about $40 at launch (price glitch on Amazon from many years ago). Haven't even opened it and debating just trading it in for $42 towards shadows die twice. Anyone have an opinion of kindgdom hearts 3? I've heard mixed things about it.
Just do it, honestly. It's a decent game, but apparently there will be DLC and extra modes in the future so might as well get what you can for it now and wait until it's sub $20.

It's my favorite game of the year so far, but if you haven't even opened it yet there's no harm in selling it and buying it back later at a cheaper price since you don't seem eager to play it.

It's a flashy but shallow arpg with a lot of polish paired with a convoluted story that is best appreciated by fans of the former games. I also preordered at that 2015 price mistake, played through once (7/10 in my book), then sold it on ebay along with the amazon preorder bonus for $50 ha.

I honestly am thinking of doing the same thing. I've played a few hours of KH3 and enjoy it, but I am not in love with it and haven't had a desire to play more of it with games like Devil May Cry 5 out and Seikro out at the end of the week. Thinking I may just trade it in and pick it up again when it's $30 or less. It's also Kingdom Hearts so inevitably there will be a 3 1/2.4.0 Mega Ultra Mix release.

I also still have my Elite Pro membership for a few more days I believe so I may have to make a trip to Gamestop after work before I lose that Elite Pro.

I, for one, hope that Wii Sports/Resort and Mario Kart will be on the stealth bump platter next month as well. Best time I've had with GS in a while. Fingers crossed for main line Wii Mario titles, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back