2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just a heads up if anyone was looking to get an arcade cabinet by 1up through gamestop. Some of the arcades have come back online to buy and there is a coupon for 20% off $100= Collectibles Purchase. The total came out to 278$ with shipping. Better then spending the 299$ plus tax.
Just FYI, these are at walmart (at least mine) for 199. Not sure which varieties though, but worth checking.

How are your stores looking inventory-wise? I went to one today for the first time in a few months and they had very little for used games on any system, and 90% of what they did have was generic cases. Maybe it’s because of tax season or whatever, but I’ve never seen a store so devoid of used games.

I picked up:

Monster Hunter 4 :3ds:

Heroes of Ruin :3ds:

Assassins Creed 4 :wiiu:

Bayonetta 2 :wiiu:

Rayman Legends :wiiu:

Injustice :wiiu:

Sly Cooper 4 :vita:

Split Second :360:

not bad for 4.50 a pop. 

Traded in 2x Wii sports and 2x mario kart wii for 72 bucks so still pocketed about 30 bucks credit after everything. 

How are your stores looking inventory-wise? I went to one today for the first time in a few months and they had very little for used games on any system, and 90% of what they did have was generic cases. Maybe it’s because of tax season or whatever, but I’ve never seen a store so devoid of used games.
Usually the ones around me have most of their PS3, 360, Wii & Wii U games in generic cases. PS4, XB1 and Switch are about 70% that have their original cases. PS Vita and 3DS seem to be a 50/50 toss-up on cases. The ones around me have started to throw away the cases for 3DS games under $10 and put them in those clear plastic cases they use for original DS games.

This current promo has been great for me to fill out my Wii U collection as well. I hit almost every GS in my area looking for goodies and did well.

I just wish I had more games in the locations to pick up. The 4 for $20 plus pro discount brings me in right under $5 a game. I'd buy all day if I could find applicable games in good condition in store.

I just came across a copy of Super Mario All-Stars for Wii at my local walmart, and I know there were trade bumps for some older games based on the talk here, but I hadn't paid attention to any of it while it was active. I see the current base value is $8.

Does anyone know if this game saw a bump this past weekend, what it's value was, and if it's likely to see a bump again in the future? Trying to decide if it's worth getting at $14.

I just came across a copy of Super Mario All-Stars for Wii at my local walmart, and I know there were trade bumps for some older games based on the talk here, but I hadn't paid attention to any of it while it was active. I see the current base value is $8.

Does anyone know if this game saw a bump this past weekend, what it's value was, and if it's likely to see a bump again in the future? Trying to decide if it's worth getting at $14.
It had a $15 base this past weekend and I traded mine in tho it was badly scratched and got hit with a $5 refurb fee. Tho since I traded it towards sekiro I still received $16 for it.

Does anybody know if the PUR Pro Renewal B2G1 coupon can be combined alongside 3 Reward certificates in the amounts of $25, $15, and $5 denominations??  

I'm looking to purchase 3 $50 Switch games and I'd like to use these pre-owned reward certificates at the same time.

After the bump on certain Wii games this past weekend, I would hold onto it at least until next month's SB. The manager at one of the local stores told me they've had a huge resurgence in demand for Wii games, which makes me think we'll likely see a handful of key ones that used to be perennial big traders (Kart, New Super Mario Bros, Sports and Sports Resort, etc) pop up on SB weekends. The guy who owns a local mom and pop game shop said Wii Sports is by far the Wii game that gets the most requests at his shop. I guess a lot of people pick up used Wiis from people who had pitched the pack-in game.

So thanks to local Walmart stores going Clearance crazy, my points are getting crazy high - I'm at over 225k right now, and I expect that to jump tomorrow once some Monday trades are factored in.  Am I at risk for drawing attention to myself if I don't spend some of them?  I had planned to use a ton on the Mar10 sale for digital games, but then the eShop was excluded from that sale.

So thanks to local Walmart stores going Clearance crazy, my points are getting crazy high - I'm at over 225k right now, and I expect that to jump tomorrow once some Monday trades are factored in. Am I at risk for drawing attention to myself if I don't spend some of them? I had planned to use a ton on the Mar10 sale for digital games, but then the eShop was excluded from that sale.
I would watch your account once a day to make sure someone doesn’t hack in & cash the points out.

I would watch your account once a day to make sure someone doesn’t hack in & cash the points out.
Yeah I was sitting on 250k points and I blew through 160k of it in 3 days just to be safe. If there's nothing you want then try find some points to credit movers. Somebody mentioned M+R.

Can’t you buy both digital and physical gift cards with points? Everything from Nintendo to Hone Depot?

If so, seems like a good way to reduce your point total.

Is it possible to use a $5 off preowned certificate along with the four for $20 promo to get four games for $15 or is it kind of like using it with a B2G1 where it screws up the values and you don't save anything?

Is it possible to use a $5 off preowned certificate along with the four for $20 promo to get four games for $15 or is it kind of like using it with a B2G1 where it screws up the values and you don't save anything?
Coupons only work for one item, and come off before other discounts, so it would knock a $9.99 to $4.99 and you'll still end up paying $20. And no, you can't knock a $14.99 game down to $9.99 with the coupon to have it active the 4 for $20 deal.

So thanks to local Walmart stores going Clearance crazy, my points are getting crazy high - I'm at over 225k right now, and I expect that to jump tomorrow once some Monday trades are factored in. Am I at risk for drawing attention to myself if I don't spend some of them? I had planned to use a ton on the Mar10 sale for digital games, but then the eShop was excluded from that sale.
I've had well over a million active points in my account for a long time in the past. I'm sure many others on this forum have/had more than that. You should be fine. It is just annoying when sales associates yell out loud how many points you have. Also consider that GameStop may not be around very long or may not make good on points if they restructure to attempt to save themselves.

The attention that you will get is store associates making comments about your points every time you buy something. The account itself won't draw attention because of that though.
This. And all the fears from a couple people having their account hacked.

Even after you use your points you'll still have the "you saved $x this year" on your receipts. I had one employee loudly say my number and ask me how I did it in a crowded store on Black Friday in a bad neighborhood. My number was around $6,000. It got a little uncomfortable.

Even after you use your points you'll still have the "you saved $x this year" on your receipts. I had one employee loudly say my number and ask me how I did it in a crowded store on Black Friday in a bad neighborhood. My number was around $6,000. It got a little uncomfortable.
I hope you filled out a negative survey for that employee; I hate when someone pulls that crap.

Banking massive points like that also makes them more likely to remember you. I used most of my points recently and went to a store I hadn't been to in over a year. The mod instantly recognized me as 'the guy with 450k points'. It was worth it to me to cash them out just so I didn't have to keep having my balances exclaimed out loud constantly.

What about it being a bad neighborhood made you uncomfortable? It's not like they said "This guy has $100s of dollars in cash in his wallet!!"

Side note: Those Gamestops are great for entertainment. I always see people bringing the most random stuff in trying to trade. The last time I was in one in North Philly I saw a guy trying to trade in one of those fake Chinese PSP things.

Also, don't say your phone number out loud in a store... Someone can easily type it down/record it. Thankfully, they changed the CC swipe to accept phone #s for your account. Some stores bypass that to get your phone number to put into the iPad, but insist you want to type it in yourself. Certificates can't be purchased through the store, but strangers can redeem any coupons or certificates on your account if they have your phone # and most sales associates will not question them.

Also, don't say your phone number out loud in a store... Someone can easily type it down/record it. Thankfully, they changed the CC swipe to accept phone #s for your account. Some stores bypass that to get your phone number to put into the iPad, but insist you want to type it in yourself. Certificates can't be purchased through the store, but strangers can redeem any coupons or certificates on your account if they have your phone # and most sales associates will not question them.
Agreed. I get uncomfortable about this, so I usually just hold out my PUR card so they can scan it.

What about it being a bad neighborhood made you uncomfortable? It's not like they said "This guy has $100s of dollars in cash in his wallet!!"
True, I just don't like attention. I was driving around with several hundred dollars worth of games in my car, so I get uncomfortable about the attention, but that's just part of the game.

Not OP but I would be uncomfortable as well as its personal information and would rather not have anyone else know especially out of someone else's mouth as its my own business.

Are pre-order reservations locked to a GS store? Say I put $10 down on Sekiro but now want to move it back onto a GC...do I have to do that at the store I reserved it at? Or can any GS make that change?

Agreed. I get uncomfortable about this, so I usually just hold out my PUR card so they can scan it.
Yeah I always use the card as well. I hate giving out personal info in a crowded store. Yesterday I was trading in a game and the dude was gesturing and pointing at things in the store while holding my driver's license. I didn't say anything but it was still a bit frustrating to me to see it happen and treat it disrespectfully.

You can buy eShop, XBL, and PSN digital currency in-store only with reward certificates. You cannot buy any other gift cards with reward certificates.
Ok, I guess it’s trade credit you can buy those other gift cards with.

You can also use points to buy the cards you mentioned on the website, but not the app.

Not OP but I would be uncomfortable as well as its personal information and would rather not have anyone else know especially out of someone else's mouth as its my own business.
It sounds like you'd be uncomfortable with that anywhere, whereas OP specifically mentioned the bad neighborhood as part of the equation. I just don't understand how the location of the store would make a difference with this situation. That was what I pointed out.

It sounds like you'd be uncomfortable with that anywhere, whereas OP specifically mentioned the bad neighborhood as part of the equation. I just don't understand how the location of the store would make a difference with this situation. That was what I pointed out.
Ah OK sorry I misunderstood but your right.

Why do people nitpick so much.

To be clear, I didn't say it only mattered because of the bad neighborhood. It was a fact. You see to have an issue with my observation and recollection of that fact. Not my problem.

You some kind of liberal douche? A bad neighborhood with a reputation of high crime/theft/assault should make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm sure there are plenty of stores that are in a neighborhood that fit that reputation.

You some kind of liberal douche? A bad neighborhood with a reputation of high crime/theft/assault should make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm sure there are plenty of stores that are in a neighborhood that fit that reputation.
Oh, look, an internet tough guy. GTFO here with the name calling BS.

Me a liberal? Thats funny. Me a douche? Im not the one saying Im too good for a particular neighborhood like you are.

I have noticed the GameStop’s in bad areas aka high crime do not let me use their restroom. Where the GameStop’s in nicer areas have no problem letting me use the restroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back