2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet. I'd wait until the earnings here in a few weeks. The mood among investors is pretty down after the ended search for a buyer, we'll need to see Gamestop's response and how it shakes out.

If it stays the same afterwards or lower, I'd go for it. It's not going to stay down this low, especially with a nearly 15% dividend yield.

Investors and those financial firms are idiots mostly, and run with whatever spooks them. They think Fortnite will eat into everything else (like RDR2), when those two really don't overlap. They hear any new game has a new BR mode, they'll invest it in thinking it's instant money. But we know that's not how it works. They're clueless.

Digital games has always been the major headwind for GME, and that's all they are aware of. The hear about Stadia and try to put two and two together. But we have yet to even see how Stadia performs, or if it even takes off. They are just spooked easily; it's the nature of the biz.

LoL just bought an xbone from some crackhead who got turned down at gamestop because he formatted it ND couldn't login No controller but copped for $40.

Anything I can do without a controller to test it? I know there's smart glass but I can't connect the xbone to the network without a controller first huh? It fires up.

I think Google is a dead end. Regardless of a corrupt FCC allowing super slow speeds, true gigabit when shared in a household with lots of phones and tablets needing constant reserved bandwidth for push notifications or whatever means download speeds on your console are more like 150-200 meg. And wildly inconsistent. And people don’t like to run super long coax or even Ethernet cables and rely on routers bought for as cheap as they can get them I suspect in most cases.

So I don’t think GS will simply fade away like blockbuster. Someone will buy it. They make good use of small spaces, too, unlike video stores that were either too big or too small and funky shaped to convert to something else.

If I had money to burn I’d give them a buy after hitting rock bottom (post discless Xbox reveal maybe?) . GS stock usually goes up to a yearly high during holiday season so maybe buy it at $8 a share at E3 and if no good news is on the horizon sell it for your money back LOL around Black Friday

Gamestop got a dividend where they pay you 9.37 over a course of a year and their stock is 10.45 pretty good deal gonna keep my eye out tomorrow.

Sometimes It’s good to step back and really look at things.

I did this at the GameStop I was at a few days ago, and Jesus, literally MORE THAN HALF the store is now not even video games - it’s literally figurines, hats, backpacks, shirts etc. insane. They have literally lost their identity.

I did this at the GameStop I was at a few days ago, and Jesus, literally MORE THAN HALF the store is now not even video games - it’s literally figurines, hats, backpacks, shirts etc. insane. They have literally lost their identity.
My store is literally the same, dude.

They need to do this in order to survive. It's called adapting to the ever-changing market. Blockbuster didn't learn this lesson.

I don't like it either. Now they're pushing figurines on us as well as pre-orders. I don't have the space (or want) for such trinkets.

They need to do this in order to survive. It's called adapting to the ever-changing market. Blockbuster didn't learn this lesson.
I don't like it either. Now they're pushing figurines on us as well as pre-orders. I don't have the space (or want) for such trinkets.
Blockbuster learned the lesson, they had a bunch of shitty collectibles too.

Collectables are (I believe) the area that they've had the most growth in. That's why they are plastered everywhere now.
They also have a huge profit margin, which is why they clearance so many things for 75% off and always have "sales" on them

I've been bitching about just this thing for a couple of years now. I remember how clean and organized the stores used to look, almost like a library of video games. Now the stores are cluttered with spinning t-shirt racks, glass display cases of figurines, and stuffed animals falling on the floor because it's hard to even walk through all of the mess of floor displays without knocking something off a rack.

I've been bitching about just this thing for a couple of years now. I remember how clean and organized the stores used to look, almost like a library of video games. Now the stores are cluttered with spinning t-shirt racks, glass display cases of figurines, and stuffed animals falling on the floor because it's hard to even walk through all of the mess of floor displays without knocking something off a rack.
I knocked over a display sign on accident at the Sunset GS and got yelled at by Jeff (he was joking though).

I knocked over a display sign on accident at the Sunset GS and got yell at by Jeff (he was joking though).
I don't know the guys at that store personally, but I always felt like the customer service at that store in particular was better than most others. They actually gave me a free blu-ray movie once at that store that someone tried to trade in but they didn't accept. I guess when they said they couldn't take it the customer just left it there, and they asked if I was interested in it and handed it off to me. It was a John Woo flick so a pretty good freebie.

Gamestop names new CEO

Sherman, 56, official starts on April 15 and will also join GameStop's board. His annual base salary is $1.1 million and he receives a signing bonus of $150,000 that's subject to repayment under certain terminations within two years. He's eligible for a annual cash bonus and 1.5 times annual salary.

Lets give him some advice and bring back Elite Pro

Gamestop names new CEO

Sherman, 56, official starts on April 15 and will also join GameStop's board. His annual base salary is $1.1 million and he receives a signing bonus of $150,000 that's subject to repayment under certain terminations within two years. He's eligible for a annual cash bonus and 1.5 times annual salary.

According to VentureBeat, they may actually update the membership options.

"Moving forward, GameStop wants to shift from a retailer to a cultural experience. That involves new kinds of stores and more membership programs. Expect a variation on PowerUp Rewards that provides better trade-in and preowned-game prices."

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/21/gamestop-new-ceo/

Ordered a  bunch of gamecube games during the b2g1 retro deal. 2 didnt work at all mario party 4 and 6. Go drive to the store to exchange them 3 days ago, no problems. Just received 2 copies of mario party 4.... like HOW???? every single time i make a giant retro order something has to be fucked up....... no wonder this company is going down the tubes. the weird part is they both came with cases this time, however when i returned them both were not in a case.

I did better on the gold Master Chief Pop than Blockbuster did. I bought it for 4 or 5 bucks when they blew it out, and used it to get a box and manual for my Arkanoid and Harvest Moon. Thank you Blockbuster!

They killed it because people like us were the majority of those buying it. They needed enough normies to fork over the $30 to make it worth their while and it wasn't happening. It was confusing for the average Karen buying Fortnite bucks (or whatever the kids get these days) to decide to decline the 10% or the 20%.

Is the $5 extra trade credit for Switch games, PER Switch game you trade in? Just wanna make sure before I take a stack in.

Thanks y'all, and good job to all of you this weekend. Haven't checked in, in a while, so I had no idea. Whoops!

Is the $5 extra trade credit for Switch games, PER Switch game you trade in? Just wanna make sure before I take a stack in.

Thanks y'all, and good job to all of you this weekend. Haven't checked in, in a while, so I had no idea. Whoops!
Yes. Don't pre-order a power trade title if you're trading in any Switch games with a base below $25

Yes. Don't pre-order a power trade title if you're trading in any Switch games with a base below $25
Awesome, thank you for that. I saw a few pages back something like that, so I was gonna take in a separate stack of PS4 games for Sekiro, but do a single trade of Switch games solely for trade credit.

Just wanted to make sure I understood all the promos... So thanks a ton for the reply!!

I guess you don't know the story of Blockbuster then. Do some research on how the CEO of Netflix tried to sell the company to Blockbuster, and what Blockbuster decided to do.

Hmm...my power up rewards renewal  Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon says valid:  12/15/18 - 3/31/18. 

The link I used on Gamestop's website says 3/31/19.  Do they always have the wrong expiration date like that?

I went ahead and picked up The Order 1886 (PS4), Metal Gear 5 (PS4)Dishonored 2 (PS4)(we will see if the Dishonor 1 code works), and Sonic Colors (Wii) for 19.68. Good haul IMO.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Is there really a public B2G1 free next week? That seems good, but hopefully there's another deal to go along with it. I've waited on every release this year so far but $110 (does CAG even stack with B2G1? If so $95) for three used games still doesnt seem worth it.

was in store today and saw signage for guaranteed buy-back of new mlb, yoshi, and sekiro.  trade back in for $60 for 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back