2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you can still buy PSN cards, who cares?

I've never bought a digital game via Gamestop, so it doesn't affect me directly. Were there deals at Gamestop that weren't available on PSN?

Crazy. Either a mistake or a new thing that's going to be abused majorly.
I don’t know it would be abused much. I mean 48 hours isn’t very long. Seems like it would push more day one purchases since you can return it if it stinks. Probably a ultra small percentage of folks would use it.

Crazy. Either a mistake or a new thing that's going to be abused majorly.
Can confirm
It's in test market stage right now. A new program called guaranteed to love it.
It's basically for guest satisfaction.
Reciept required

Is this rolling out nationwide everywhere at the same time or just in certain markets?

Is it a trade in policy or return policy (for open games)? 

Dont they "hold onto" your pre-order for 24 hours or something like that? I ask because I did the 20% extra trade credit towards Sekiro, but only reason I was/am going to pick it up was because of the letter opener (as I was gonna sell it on eBay to offset the price of the game). Doubt GS still has letter openers two days after release.

If they process it like a return then I agree, you would need to show you bought it from them first. But if it's just a trade in value then they open the door for some abuse.

Assuming this is even a thing. We'll see. They couldn't even do it for Sekiro because they're already into the 48 hour period right now.

Edit : Also they'd be cutting into their bests profits, because anything opened and sold back is pre owned, so they're trading selling something for 60 for selling it for pre owned price. I don't see them doing that.
lol, i guarantee any returned games with this policy will be sold as opened "new" copies. they wont be taking that hit.

Look at the games they're offering this on.  MLB is only on ps4.  Yoshi is first party nintendo.  Sekiro is practically dark souls.  Anyone who buys these games is not going to be getting rid of them within 48 hours.

lol, i guarantee any returned games with this policy will be sold as opened "new" copies. they wont be taking that hit.
I guess it depends on what they're trying to do. Worst case senerio, they lose between $5 to $16 in trade credit. Best case, that hit gives them increase in pre-order/new sales. They make up the loss in trade credit with increased margins elsewhere in preowned (basically continuing what they've already been doing with lackluster bonuses and values the last year). It may even give them increased foot traffic and sales in other areas with new releases potentially hitting the preowned shelves within days of release, not months.

Anyone else having problems getting the b2g1 to kick in? I’m logged in but not seeing the 1 free. Could it not work because I’m elite?

The answer is “no” ... but it can be a good deal if able/willing to boom.
Eh, only looking at the top tier games (which also affects availability), you're breaking even at best with Elite Pro (not considering points). Gonna have to dig around for a deeper look at boomerangs. If only sheets were still thing.

So is the consensus that its not working online at all or that its not working for elite members, just normal pro members?

The B2G1 does not work online until the store is open, which is 11am CST. This is from past experience IIRC.

Don't know if YMMV or not... I just picked up 8 games and the 4 for $20 and b2g1 stacked! 

Sin and punishment star successor (wii) $4

Okami (wii) $4

God Wars: Future past (ps4) $0!

Deus Ex mankind devided (xb1) $4

Mass Effect Andromeda (xb1) $4

The Inner world: The last wind monk (xb1) $0!

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom (ps4) $4

The Order 1886 (ps4) $4

Trade bump is now for Division 2, Sekiro, MLB, Yoshi, & AC 3 Remastered.

If you’re looking for something to spend credit on, purchase of MLB.tv gift card comes with $5 free GameStop gift card.

LMAO! DMC, Sekiro, AND TD2 are all not available online as preowned. Absolutely pathetic. Guess this B2G1 free is only in store, but not really since no stores have them.

LMAO! DMC, Sekiro, AND TD2 are all not available online as preowned. Absolutely pathetic. Guess this B2G1 free is only in store, but not really since no stores have them.
Uhhh...those games just came out. If you think they would have a plentiful supply of pre-owned copies right now, you're straight up delusional.

Don't know if YMMV or not... I just picked up 8 games and the 4 for $20 and b2g1 stacked!

Sin and punishment star successor (wii) $4

Okami (wii) $4

God Wars: Future past (ps4) $0!

Deus Ex mankind devided (xb1) $4

Mass Effect Andromeda (xb1) $4

The Inner world: The last wind monk (xb1) $0!

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom (ps4) $4

The Order 1886 (ps4) $4
post your receipt so we can determine if it's ymmv or not

Uhhh...those games just came out. If you think they would have a plentiful supply of pre-owned copies right now, you're straight up delusional.
They should have quite a few. These games aren't like RDR2 where anyone can play and enjoy it. Besides, gamestop has before opened new copies and labeled them as preowned.

Doesn't matter to me really. If I can't get these 3 preowned they're getting $0 from me instead of $100+. Its surprising that the only 3 games anyone would use this deal for aren't available.

They should have quite a few. These games aren't like RDR2 where anyone can play and enjoy it. Besides, gamestop has before opened new copies and labeled them as preowned.

Doesn't matter to me really. If I can't get these 3 preowned they're getting $0 from me instead of $100+. Its surprising that the only 3 games anyone would use this deal for aren't available.
Sekiro literally came out 2 days ago. Please don’t post ever again.

Ignore Weeedoo. This guy complains about Sniper Elite and Operencia - an upcoming Game Pass game - despite not having played either game.

is sniper elite anygood? i downloaded part 4 but havent played yet...i was hoping for a game similar to silent scope lol 

Sekiro literally came out 2 days ago. Please don’t post ever again.
That matters because....?

Ignore Weeedoo. This guy complains about Sniper Elite and Operencia - an upcoming Game Pass game - despite not having played either game.
Then you have this very young child still devastated that I talked badly about his two favorite games EVAR over 2 weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back