2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the lingering coupon glitch fit happened to me. I bought 2 sets of $90 worth of certs and used one set which didn't disappear. If I go and use the other set and pick a wrong coupon, did we ever figure out if that results in a ban? Definitely not willing to double dip on the used ones but the associate used them from the pos and I have no idea which ones.

I got
Dark souls trilogy
DMC 5
Sekiro but its the xbox one vesion with a generic case. Going to trade it back today.
I got the exact same 3 (all Xbox) but my DST box is in rough shape. Will try to exchange it later.

I also did the 4 for $16 deal and got
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Wii
Okami Wii
Rayman Legends WiiU
Destiny 2 XB1

Does b2g1 end tonight? What about 4 for 20?
B2G1 ends tonight

[attachment=32015:ad.jpg]

I dunno about 4/20 think 4/20

randy-moss-gamestop.jpg

Looks like theres no used Sekiros ANYWHERE in CA and there hasn't been since release. Either it sold terribly here or people love it.

Looks like every game this year so far is lined up for a black Friday buy.
I've seen them all over the East Bay (even got one for the One last Monday) at the Richmond Macdonald prestige location.

Also I've found the actual website (not mobile version) is better than the app when finding used games. The app blows for showing used stock.

lol dude saying not a single used one in the whole state of California
lol but I dont wanna quote him

I've seen them all over the East Bay (even got one for the One last Monday) at the Richmond Macdonald prestige location.

Also I've found the actual website (not mobile version) is better than the app when finding used games. The app blows for showing used stock.
It's good for the wallet though. I'll be getting these games for under $20 on BF instead of $35 for each when theres a good chance I wont play them until then anyways.

Mine showed on Sunday night after closing, called about 10 mins before opening on Monday morning and confirmed it in stock and asked if they'd hold it for me for like 15 minutes. Also I should correct what I originally said, I picked it up at the El Cerrito location and traded in the other 2 games that same day at the Macdonald location. Got that backwards in my head originally.

Hmm, The division 2 I picked up in my b2g1 doesn't work lol. The disc just looked weird when I picked it up and also it wasn't in a original case, but I was just glad I found it nearby so I took it...

u must not have been to gamestop before, that happens alot, when u order for in store pickup, the store gets notified at some point but its up to when the employees have time to take the game from the shelf put it on hold, i have always gone to the store and the employee didnt know i knew about it but was besieged with customers or answering calls, pointless to do pickup unless u live faraway
I did it over the phone

Hmmm... I've had different results. I've found that stock on the app is much more accurate and updated than the website. It's probably so screwed up on app/mobile/web that any one of those only accidentally reflects actual stock randomly and leads us to different experiences.

Dammit. I did b2g1 yesterday and got a copy of re2. Now it's on sale. Would they give me a hard time exchanging it out now that the b2g1 is over?

I traded my switch in today for 300$ towards an XBOX ONE X...

but after realizing the TiV on XBOX is less then 200$ I dont want it.

The system is still sealed on reciept it shows 300$ for switch and 200$ paid with my gift card = 500$

Will they try to take money off for the bonus TiV I recieved towards my switch (100$) when returning the X1X?

The system is still sealed on reciept it shows 300$ for switch and 200$ paid with my gift card = 500$

Will they try to take money off for the bonus TiV I recieved towards my switch (100$) when returning the X1X?
You shouldn’t... might get a weird look though or a jr detective being a turd.

Considering you only got that trade in value for purchasing the X, the employee is pretty much well within their right to remove that with the refund. Otherwise, anyone trading in a switch should be upgrading and returning for the bonus.

Say it was a gift and you changed your mind

lol just be honest that you took advantage of the promo. i would do the same too if my not too lazy returning console. but in the future to save you the hassle or questions, always ask for gift receipt and tell them its a gift and you already have one. not hating just saying

i traded in a brand new switch they gave me weird looks but i took the reciept with me to the store just in case.

i didnt ''just take advantage of the promo trade bonus'' i actually wanted the X1X as I already have a PS4 PRO / SWiTCH

But considering its 200$ TiV if I open the box I rather not loose 300$ instantly especially with next gen around corner

its just low tiv right now for the xbox, im hoping for a trade in deal with the next gen at least $250-300 considering the xbox one x plays og xbox games, 360 and xbox one games.

Dammit. I did b2g1 yesterday and got a copy of re2. Now it's on sale. Would they give me a hard time exchanging it out now that the b2g1 is over?
Might be a little YMMV. They should let you exchange it for a different game. The only way you're really screwed is if that was the free game. Then they probably can't do anything,

Didn't get around to trading in my NBA 2k19 yesterday and now it tanked.  LOL...didn't realize game was going on sale this week. 

Edit...wow, actually quite a few tanks today.  Should have traded yesterday!!!

Gamestop posted on their FB page that they're doing physical rewards tomorrow. There's going to be some pissed off people if thats an April Fool's joke
April fools is dumb. I hope they aren’t fuck ing around with peoples. I myself would love to see the return of *exclusive* physical rewards. Even if it was just one day a year.

Now it's my turn to ask a dumb question...I never thought I would be in this position. 

What's an example of physical rewards?  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back