2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
To you guys who say you tried to order it, were you able to get all the way to the finalize order page? I was able to get through checkout and to where my points would be deducted, but I chickened out.

I don't think it's fake. One of the winners thanks GS for the prize, and the official GS account responds with, "You're welcome. Enjoy the erasers" - obviously a joke. It was a cool promo with probably very limited stock, so after a few dozen people redeemed for it, you'd get the error.

Anyone have a store up and disappear on them? I have a few GS's in my area but the one I tried to go to at lunch was gone. I swear it was there last month...didn't even look when I parked. Got out and then I was like dafuq the store go? Even the signage outside was gone. 🤣

Anyone have a store up and disappear on them? I have a few GS's in my area but the one I tried to go to at lunch was gone. I swear it was there last month...didn't even look when I parked. Got out and then I was like dafuq the store go? Even the signage outside was gone. 🤣
Me! One day I noticed my local store wasn’t showing up in any store search. Drove by another day and it was closed.

Anyone have a store up and disappear on them? I have a few GS's in my area but the one I tried to go to at lunch was gone. I swear it was there last month...didn't even look when I parked. Got out and then I was like dafuq the store go? Even the signage outside was gone.
Might be 2 situations. One is that the lease was up and GS couldn't get a deal on a new lease. The second is that the store was underperforming(low sales, thefts).

Might be 2 situations. One is that the lease was up and GS couldn't get a deal on a new lease. The second is that the store was underperforming(low sales, thefts).
Probably the first since it's a hectic shopping center. They had been there at least 3 years (and probably a lot more) since that's when I moved here. Just found it odd that even the signage was gone.

And eff me...Yelp says they closed around the end of January. Swear to god I was there last month and did a b2g1 from them. 😕

To you guys who say you tried to order it, were you able to get all the way to the finalize order page? I was able to get through checkout and to where my points would be deducted, but I chickened out.
I don't think it's fake. One of the winners thanks GS for the prize, and the official GS account responds with, "You're welcome. Enjoy the erasers" - obviously a joke. It was a cool promo with probably very limited stock, so after a few dozen people redeemed for it, you'd get the error.
Call me a dummy but I suspected something like this might happen...I was on the page one minute before and as soon as the purchase option came up I clicked on it. I got the error message and tried 5-6 more times. Even waited a few minutes and tried again...same error message.

I suspect GS probably gave away 10-15 total consoles...still a bizarre marketing ploy.

Anyone have a store up and disappear on them? I have a few GS's in my area but the one I tried to go to at lunch was gone. I swear it was there last month...didn't even look when I parked. Got out and then I was like dafuq the store go? Even the signage outside was gone.
Yeah, I had at least 2 shops near me close with no explanation or warning.

I haven't had any close around me, at least none that I frequent. A lot of the stores are in very close proximity of each other is due to the merger with EB Games and then Gamestop rebranding those stores.

A lot of the ones by me have fairly long leases and I imagine some of those leases surely are going to be coming up soon and these stores will start closing. I literally have 4 stores within a 10-mile radius of my house and 2 of them are down the street from each other and somehow they are both Prestige stores.

Didn't you guys see their stock plummet? I'm sure they will be ok in the short term with a new gen coming soon but I can almost sense they will start to get smaller and smaller over time. Fyi buy their stocks now and sell with next gen hype

Probably should have asked this before I ordered but I grabbed some rare and uncommon snes games on gs.com. Do they generally come authentic and decent condition?

Yeah I'll definitely be opening them and checking the pcb
My experience on cartridge games: $50-$100 pretty decent success, only one or two fakes. $100+ you are going to be getting quite a lot of them. You are very lucky if you get one out of 10. Especially if you get Mega Man 7, X3, Metal Warriors. Guaranteed to be fake, I dont even bother anymore. I've returned at least 5 of each.

My experience on cartridge games: $50-$100 pretty decent success, only one or two fakes. $100+ you are going to be getting quite a lot of them. You are very lucky if you get one out of 10. Especially if you get Mega Man 7, X3, Metal Warriors. Guaranteed to be fake, I dont even bother anymore. I've returned at least 5 of each.
Ok that should put me in a decent spot, I ordered pocky and rocky, mega man x2, and king of dragons.

There's a monthly bump each month where only games they have a lower inventory on and popular games receive a bump, it only lasts for one weekend a month. It hasn't happened yet for April so there's no list, search mwtmar19 on GameStop.com to see March's games. April's will likely be similar games.

Probably should have asked this before I ordered but I grabbed some rare and uncommon snes games on gs.com. Do they generally come authentic and decent condition?
I saw a guy trade in three red copies of Conker's Bad Fur Day once. Employee was clueless.

I have a friend who traded in about 20 counterfeit Genesis games... He's already a criminal so he wasn't taking any extra risks of being an idiot.

But yeah, I'd be worried about it.

I keep having problems with PUR not getting credited for trades at one particular store. PUR for purchases at that store show up the next day.

Any thoughts?

I keep having problems with PUR not getting credited for trades at one particular store. PUR for purchases at that store show up the next day.

Any thoughts?
It's not the specific store but just some problem with them crediting points. I have two trade transactions at two different stores that were never credited either.

I saw a guy trade in three red copies of Conker's Bad Fur Day once. Employee was clueless.
yeah I mean that's pretty obvious, but for a regular N64 repro, it's unlikely the store is going to have the ability to open the cart and check the guts if it's in a legit shell, if you're a casual gamer just pick up repros off aliexpress or get a flashcart

I finally started going through my collection and weeding out the junk.  I traded in 92 random 360/PS3 games that I had acquired over the years.  Was surprised to get $228 for them.  Most were about $.85 but some were higher.  It feels good to get rid of them. 

I finally started going through my collection and weeding out the junk. I traded in 92 random 360/PS3 games that I had acquired over the years. Was surprised to get $228 for them. Most were about $.85 but some were higher. It feels good to get rid of them.
I bet the employee who did that is having a wonderful day.

I finally started going through my collection and weeding out the junk. I traded in 92 random 360/PS3 games that I had acquired over the years. Was surprised to get $228 for them. Most were about $.85 but some were higher. It feels good to get rid of them.
You are inspiring me...I might consider doing the same while the 70% is still active.

I'm not really understanding the math here for the current promo.

Lets say I put it towards SMBU+Luigi at a 8.00 Base and Elite Pro at 11.00. What would the 50% give and 50%+MK11 give?

Someone reported B2G1 on last Gen youyesterday...anyone else confirm this? It could be that someone just saw an old sign in their store.

Seriously..
Don't display items that are no longer sold, have been discontinued, or delisted from your inventory as "Display Purposes" It sets a bad example of the items you have available.. I went to Gamestop today, and they had limited collectors boxes for the certain PS4 systems which are no longer sold, along with a box for the SNES and NES Classic behind the counter, and a bunch of limited edition or discontinued game controller display boxes on the shelves..

So I asked about the SNES classic, to which she said "Oh no, that's just a display box. We don't even have it listed in the system anymore. We might get it used, but that's rare" So.. why display it then!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back