2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Pro member and a store near me finally got a refurbished white PS4 Pro. Been wanting to trade my Spider-Man Pro for a white one for a long time.

From the current console promo, it’s:

$360 for used white PS4P
-$250 trade in for my red PS4P
=$110 to change my consoles color

Am I being stupid about paying $110 for a different color? I’ve honestly grown to hate the Spider-Man PS4P and I’ve always wanted a white one.
I would check the sku of the white ps4 pro because the spidey pro is quieter than my og ps4 pro was.

details of the mk 11 b2g1 posted on reddit. you get a b2g1 on the same purchase transaction and a b2g1 active offer on 4/29. looks like it works with days gone too.

Elite Pro member and a store near me finally got a refurbished white PS4 Pro. Been wanting to trade my Spider-Man Pro for a white one for a long time.

$360 for used white PS4P

Am I being stupid about paying $110 for a different color? I’ve honestly grown to hate the Spider-Man PS4P and I’ve always wanted a white one.
Duplicate post

$360 for used white PS4P

I have a white pro. I'd swap you even ;)

I would've went for the spider pro, but was in your same dilemma..

details of the mk 11 b2g1 posted on reddit. you get a b2g1 on the same purchase transaction and a b2g1 active offer on 4/29. looks like it works with days gone too.
So two separate b2g1 opportunities according to the Reddit post. Must buy new copy of Mk11 or Days Gone between 4/22 and 4/28.

Now, I wonder if you could also use the 2-day guarantee. Get days gone for $60+tax on 4/28 along with 3 games, get the b2g1 coupon on 4/29 and trade in days gone for $59.99. effectively get 2 b2g1 opportunities for the tax paid (or possibly free if you're in a tax-free trade credit zone).

So two separate b2g1 opportunities according to the Reddit post. Must buy new copy of Mk11 or Days Gone between 4/22 and 4/28.

Now, I wonder if you could also use the 2-day guarantee. Get days gone for $60+tax on 4/28 along with 3 games, get the b2g1 coupon on 4/29 and trade in days gone for $59.99. effectively get 2 b2g1 opportunities for the tax paid (or possibly free if you're in a tax-free trade credit zone).
Genius

Unless you plan to play it for 2 days, you might as well return it within 30 days and get tax back too.

Unless you plan to play it for 2 days, you might as well return it within 30 days and get tax back too.
At that point the game is open, and so returning it wouldn't be possible.

Edit:
I'm assuming you mean just hold on to it without playing it?

They might, but that wouldn't look too good for their brand new program would it? Also keep in mind that the return is store credit, so if you're spending cash of your own then you are committing 60 bucks to Gamestop in some way.

Now they have me considering cancelling (or trying to) my digital PSN preorder of MK11 in favor of this one.
I just came from a store and the flyer they had for this program said it's for Days Gone only. Perhaps it's active for MK11 as well, but the 48 hour program flyer was for days gone only.

I just came from a store and the flyer they had for this program said it's for Days Gone only. Perhaps it's active for MK11 as well, but the 48 hour program flyer was for days gone only.
It starts with Days Gone & if it goes well it’ll go to Rage 2, etc.

At that point the game is open, and so returning it wouldn't be possible.

Edit:
I'm assuming you mean just hold on to it without playing it?
Yes, keep it sealed and return it with a gift receipt after using both b2g1 offers.

The 48 hour deal is cool if you don’t get taxed on trade credit or if a game is broken at launch (a la watch dogs save bug)...otherwise its not better then a rental from redbox.

I don’t think they will offer this for many 8 hour single player campaign games that can be finished (and enjoyed) in two days.

The 48 hour deal is cool if you don’t get taxed on trade credit or if a game is broken at launch (a la watch dogs save bug)...otherwise its not better then a rental from redbox.

I don’t think they will offer this for many 8 hour single player campaign games that can be finished (and enjoyed) in two days.
You can sell the preorder bonuses or keep them for yourself. Can't get those from redbox. This is also a good opportunity to flip PUR points to TC.

Can someone confirm if you can buy multiple sets of b2g1 when picking MK11 during midnight launch 4/22?  I have a few games in mind so would like to advantage of this promo.  Thank you.

Note that you don't actually get ALL of your money back. It looks like any tax paid on a game is lost and not refunded. You just get a straight $59.99 credit.

Most new releases would also have some sort of bonus/promo, if you were trading a pre-owned game towards. Which means it would be worth looking into using that trade credit ($59.99) on some other game in which you would turn around and trade in towards that new game.

Overall, I suppose the program Gamestop is providing is a good option for consumers. If you bought a dud, it would nearly be impossible to sell it on the second hand market for $59.99 within those two days.
If you purchase a game with that $59.99 you won't have to pay tax anyways. It basically balances out.

Small window of opportunity on Monday in California:

Same cash as credit starts Monday, which means Cali gets 50% Extra, bump should last till Monday, you do the math. ;)
That's great. I wonder why it's not starting on Sunday since that's the new turnover day (used to be Wednesday).

so is there a 50% trade in bonus right now on California for games?

when I checked the value of a trade-in game, it has the following message;

*Cash the Same as Credit offer not available in California

God of War TIV is $24.50 after the bump, 20% Elite Pro, and 20% for preorder. Digital on PSN is $23.99, so a good way to go digital if you have physical.
Chances it goes back down to $17 on BF? Wont be playing it for a while.

WOW. Detroit made it back up to $16.50. Definitely trading that in and getting the collection.

Also, when does the bump end?

Just updated my trade balance after trading in 3 games for the 20% Days Gone bump and my balance reverted to zero.

Anybody have experience with this? My receipt has my balance on my card, but the app shows $0.00 now.

Just updated my trade balance after trading in 3 games for the 20% Days Gone bump and my balance reverted to zero.

Anybody have experience with this? My receipt has my balance on my card, but the app shows $0.00 now.
Balance isn't tied to account, its tied to card. Everyone's balance on gamestops apo says $0.

For the past year or so the app always listed my balance and updated accordingly, weird. I’ll have to add something expensive to my cart and try to pay with my elite card to see if the balance is there, thanks.

Edit: went into the rewards area of the app and clicked on “card details.” It asked me if I wanted access to my trade credit and I inputted my PIN from my physical elite pro card and it showed my balance again.

PSA: You should be putting your credit on a separate trade card rather than on your PUR account. If your account gets banned, you lose your trade credit when its on your PUR account

For the past year or so the app always listed my balance and updated accordingly, weird. I’ll have to add something expensive to my cart and try to pay with my elite card to see if the balance is there, thanks.

Edit: went into the rewards area of the app and clicked on “card details.” It asked me if I wanted access to my trade credit and I inputted my PIN from my physical elite pro card and it showed my balance again.
Yeah the app seems messed up. It used to display correctly for me as well. I tried what you said and it did momentarily display the correct balance but then it reverts to 0. Ah well, at least there's a way to check.

Decent movers from Best Buy to Gamestop, factoring in gcu & elite + 20% preorder bonus:
Lego Harry Potter Switch
Rocket League Ultimate PS4
Minecraft PS4

Yeah the app seems messed up. It used to display correctly for me as well. I tried what you said and it did momentarily display the correct balance but then it reverts to 0. Ah well, at least there's a way to check.
I noticed that my app said this too. I was going to call customer service but they weren't open yet. I played around in the app some more and found the card details section where I needed to enter the PIN on my pur card. After doing that my trade credit reappeared

No $14.99 or under Xb1 games that aren't on gamepass/gwg or not 4+ years old, so that's another absolute bust.

On the bright side, hopefully the stealth bump is active until Monday night. Can use the extra 60% to cash in on a couple bumped PS4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back