2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it all most happen. I order a couple games as presents and they show up in a bubble mailer smash so bad there was plastic dust in the mailer. I went to my local gamestop to return them. The first girl tried to say she could not take the return because of the way the games were.

Before I could say anything a second girl walk over said she was sorry for the mishap and return the games.

Is each and every store actually directly operated by Gamestop corporate? I didn't know that! Good to know. I just assumed they're franchisees because there are so many stores, and I've met someone saying he owns two Gamestop stores. Maybe he meant he manages them.

Anyhow... If you're right, the employees have no right to tell me that they cannot process return for online orders. Ugh.
Gamestop doesn't franchise. Corporate runs them all through District Managers, and each store has a Store Leader

There's at least 2 districts here. One of the DMs is awesome and will fix any problems right away. No experience with the other DM.

I’ve returned so many non working refurbished to point of no return GameCube games to my local stores. No one ever gave me an issue and they process it right away.

Was thinking I may want to dump my extra DC to GameStop for $35 cash... Question is can I take it in with an offical Rf adapter or do I need av?

Most of the higher reviews are probably that way because those outlets don't want to be taken off the Sony press list.
This is exactly it. They don't want to lose access. It's also why nobody should listen to big-time "influencers" on social media, because they lie for the same reason as well. Although the game is not a 1.5 out of 10 either; those guys either just have an axe to grind or want the clicks.

I predicted myself the game is a 7/10 max, and that's about where the Metacritic is at. Which is average. Nowadays, with everything that is sensationalized and monetized, everybody has to be at the extremes. Like the one quote from 'The Wire', "nobody cares about a 40 degree day."

But Days Gone is exactly that, just average ho-hum.

I've been playing a bit more and have a full grasp of the core gameplay loop now. The character Deacon is still not likeable; he's just full of angst. But the touching flashback scenes with his girl Sarah have made me more receptive to him, along with other certain noble deeds.

You can definitely wait on this game to go on sale in a few months -- it's a perfect summer game, plus there is extra content being released in the summer, I wish they had now. A new difficulty, no HUD, etc. The horde is definitely a challenge, as I ran into a giant one the other day and had to bail. You need to have the best weapons, plan out tactics, use boosters, etc.

Was thinking I may want to dump my extra DC to GameStop for $35 cash... Question is can I take it in with an offical Rf adapter or do I need av?
RF should be fine. All retro console trades automatically get a $0 refurb in order to send it to HQ because they can't test them in store. If the system turns on, has the controller, power cable, and the original method to connect it to a TV you should be good to go.

Is it worth picking up the Tales of Vesperia Special Edition if it's complete? A buddy of mine is selling his for $40.
I assume you are talking about the Definitive Edition? If that is the case then yes the SE I believe was exclusive to the Namco-Bandai store and $40 is what the standard edition has been on sale for. I've been enjoying it quite a bit on Switch.

do i give different name? what happens if i go to trade in games on that account and they ask for id?
You can have more than one account with the same name. It's the phone number that needs to be different.

What do you think would happen if only 1 John Smith was allowed to have an account?

As mentioned by others, do check your account for any missing points. I just got 14k points added to my account because they have been missing my points from trade ins.

Purchases seem to calculate points just fine.

As mentioned by others, do check your account for any missing points. I just got 14k points added to my account because they have been missing my points from trade ins.

Purchases seem to calculate points just fine.
Added by calling?

I'm waiting til tomorrow to complain about a ton of missing points, including purchases on Monday. Has been 72 hours on those.

I assume you are talking about the Definitive Edition? If that is the case then yes the SE I believe was exclusive to the Namco-Bandai store and $40 is what the standard edition has been on sale for. I've been enjoying it quite a bit on Switch.
I meant the Xbox 360 one with the Soundtrack & Steelbook. I ended up going to pick it up and it's Mint & Complete.

I will likely take GameStop up on their offer to give $59.99 trade credit for days gone. I'll pick it up after work and give it a real shot though. If I like it I'll keep it.

Elite Pro member and a store near me finally got a refurbished white PS4 Pro. Been wanting to trade my Spider-Man Pro for a white one for a long time.

From the current console promo, it’s:

$360 for used white PS4P
-$250 trade in for my red PS4P
=$110 to change my consoles color

Am I being stupid about paying $110 for a different color? I’ve honestly grown to hate the Spider-Man PS4P and I’ve always wanted a white one.
Honestly I wouldn’t be able to stand the red PS4

But if I were you and planning to get a PS5 I would just tough it out for another 18 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I wouldn’t be able to stand the red PS4

But if I were you and planning to get a PS5 I would just tough it out for another 18 months
Plus there's no way to tell how well the condition of used systems are. Somebody could've traded in a near-death system or spilled something inside the system. It's best to just put up with the red color and know that your system is well taken care of.

Has anyone tried using PUR certs to fully pay for Days Gone and still receive the code for $59.99 trade in? I will give it a try tomorrow since I couldn't use a cert on a pre order. TIA

You can have more than one account with the same name. It's the phone number that needs to be different.

What do you think would happen if only 1 John Smith was allowed to have an account?

Just checking. I have a unique ass name no one else in the world has so obviously I wanna make sure my other account doesn’t get flagged or something for having multiple accounts.

Just checking. I have a unique ass name no one else in the world has so obviously I wanna make sure my other account doesn’t get flagged or something for having multiple accounts.
How hyped are you for the bonuses and the B2G1s?? You've seemed absolutely stoked about it for a week

I meant the Xbox 360 one with the Soundtrack & Steelbook. I ended up going to pick it up and it's Mint & Complete.
Wow that used to be a $120 game easy.

Too bad your friend didn’t redeem the code in the game on the Nampo website for Vol. 2 & 3 of the soundtrack.

Can anyone confirm in the B2G1 for buying Days Gone works on multiples?
I don't see why it wouldn't. Chances are no one has traded it in yet though since it literally just came out today. I plan on hitting up my local store on Sunday evening to see if any were traded during the promotion. With MK11 out this week too though, who knows how well Days Gone will even sale.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Chances are no one has traded it in yet though since it literally just came out today. I plan on hitting up my local store on Sunday evening to see if any were traded during the promotion. With MK11 out this week too though, who knows how well Days Gone will even sale.
I think he was asking if the B2G1 for buying Days Gone would work for multiple 3-game sets.

The answer to that is that we don't know, but I would assume it only works for a single 3-game set similar to how Mortal Kombat 11's B2G1 offer works.

Thanks Vig.

My store did a 9pm release last night for Days Gone... but figured I would wait.

I will try it out this afternoon when I pick up my pre-order.

Has anyone tried using PUR certs to fully pay for Days Gone and still receive the code for $59.99 trade in? I will give it a try tomorrow since I couldn't use a cert on a pre order. TIAI
it is a generic code on receipt that can be used multiple times the reciept says it expires on the 28th does it mean we have to use it on the 27th

seems like a decent credit mover buy a copy use generic code rinse and repeat till you move the credit you want

Called in to get my missing trade PUR points from Monday/Tuesday and it probably took longer going through the 50 question verification process than it did getting the actual PUR points awarded.

Not sure why so many verification questions...

I just did the Days Gone deal. I used $60 worth of PUR certs and also got the B2G1 on the same transaction. On the receipt, it says that you need the receipt to be able to trade in Days Gone even though it is a generic code. We will see how this goes tomorrow because the price of Days Gone came out to zero on my receipt and no tax since I used PUR certs.

I just did the Days Gone deal. I used $60 worth of PUR certs and also got the B2G1 on the same transaction. On the receipt, it says that you need the receipt to be able to trade in Days Gone even though it is a generic code. We will see how this goes tomorrow because the price of Days Gone came out to zero on my receipt and no tax since I used PUR certs.
When does the B2G1 expire? Or does it only work on the same preorder transaction?

Billion dollar idea:

Ask go exchange the unopened extra MKs from the SB for copies of Days you can get your money back on. Since they both carry a B2G1, employee shouldn’t mind.

Lol just my luck. Prepaid yesterday at 6pm, though I haven't picked it up yet (didn't feel like going back to the store at 9pm). Probably can't get the b2g1 now.

Hmm no b2g1 coupon showing up in my active offers yet after picking up MK11 but I can wait. Guess the later, the later the code expires.
Supposedly they are going to show up on the 29th of April.

On another note, is the get $10 reward for buying $50 worth of pre-owned games still on going? I did two transactions Tuesday and they still haven't came in.

When does the B2G1 expire? Or does it only work on the same preorder transaction?
According to my email the B2G1 will expire on 4/28. Not sure about the pre order transaction because I bought the Days Gone game and the B2G1 in the same transaction (did not pre order) this morning.

"**Offer valid 4/22/19 - 4/28/19 only. Free item(s) must be of equal or lesser value. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."

Anyone got any games to move Credit from Best Buy to Gamestop? I have Elite and live in Cali so surely there's something when taking those bonuses into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back