2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
MK11 B2G1 Free coupon expire today, make sure you don't forget to use it!

I was hoping for a bump this weekend :/. Might was well take this 42.50 per switch title and sekiro.
I am trying to find things to buy with the B2G1 today before it expires, but really the only game out right now that I want and don't already have is Days Gone. Thinking that I may just use it to pick up some Switch first-party games that I can later flip with a promo.

So with the guaranteed $30 for days gone and mk11 (just recently added this week?), will non-CSAC get $47.50 with elite?

$25 * 1.7 + $5 = $47.5

So with the guaranteed $30 for days gone and mk11 (just recently added this week?), will non-CSAC get $47.50 with elite?

$25 * 1.7 + $5 = $47.5
I thought that's what had happened in the past but when I traded in MK11 on Tuesday I only got $42.50. I asked the guy and he said they didn't stack. Don't know if that's true or not though. I did catch him trying to sneak a $7 refurbished fee on a GameCube game...

$25 * 1.7 + $5 = $47.5
The guaranteed $30 doesn't stack with other promos, it's just a guarantee that the game will always get you at least $30 until the end date. If there is a promo then it will go with that promo as it is also over $30. So it would trade for $42.50

What is required when trading in elite controller? Do I need the paddles?

I am trying to find things to buy with the B2G1 today before it expires, but really the only game out right now that I want and don't already have is Days Gone. Thinking that I may just use it to pick up some Switch first-party games that I can later flip with a promo.
Can never go wrong with 1st switch games :D. That's what Imma pick up. Luckily I found a copy of Yoshi.

Has anyone run into issues returning a lot of retro stuff from online or a lot of returns in general?

They keep sending me bootlegs or half broken games, I'm going to be doing my third return in the past few weeks with this bootleg pocky and rocky I got. ( This is the second bootleg pocky and rocky :( )

I'm worried if I return too much they'll flag or ban my account. Since I have 2 years of elite left I'd like to avoid that.

Either way I'm going to take a break ordering high end retro stuff for a while from them.

Meh.
The SC6 value dropped a bit so now I'm -$2 per copy even with in trade-in towards RAGE 2.
Do you think the value will bounce back after the Cash = Credit promo ends?

Is anyone else seeing a 0 balance of trade credit on the gamestop app? All my other information and points are accurate, but my credit is showing at 0

Is anyone else seeing a 0 balance of trade credit on the gamestop app? All my other information and points are accurate, but my credit is showing at 0
Yeah it's kinda busted. If you go to your card settings, remove the pin, and then input it again it seems to show your balance. I did that and it worked but then it went to zero again the next day so I gave up.

Am I reading this right? New opened accessories can be returned or exchange within 30 days from gamestop? So I can open and play my new xbox elite controller for 29 days and return it for a full refund?
Technically yes but I'm pretty sure it states the item must be in sellable condition.
That basically leaves it up to the employee to determine.

If i bought 3 games with the buy 2 get 1 free coupon , can i have one of them exchanged for a diferent one same price if i didnt like it?

The owner of my local game shop says, at least with his machine, gamecube games cant be resurfaced with good results.

I bought a zip lock bag of 3" discs for $0.99 at Goodwill. The first two discs were lego bionicle pc discs. The rest were GameCube. Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Mario Golf, Wario world, Prime 2 Echos, Animal Crossing, bunch of other minor titles. I buffed out some of the scratches. No GameCube to test.

I figure I'm at $3 a disc to resurface (less in a bulk deal) plus locating boxes and manuals. Or I take to Gamestop and potentially net 60ish. I wouldn't normally take anything decent to Gamestop.

Xbox One X Trade-in deal is back, 5/5 through 5/19:

Valid toward purchase of select New Xbox One X consoles, excludes Fallout 76 bundles.

$300 - PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Nintendo Switch

$225 - PS4 Slim or Original

$175 - Xbox One S

$125 - Xbox One

928X400_Xbox_Trade_Offer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Valid toward purchase of select New Xbox One X consoles, excludes Fallout 76 bundles.

$175 - Xbox One S
$125 - Xbox One

I wish the fallout 76 bundle was included. I want the white system. Also, can a system be returned if unopened after the trade?

I wish the fallout 76 bundle was included. I want the white system. Also, can a system be returned if unopened after the trade?
Yes that’s what I did

But not in the same store. Don’t make it obvious, get a gift receipt and return unopened at a different store

$175 - Xbox One S

$125 - Xbox One

Are you saying that if I trade in a Xbox One X that I'll get $300 of credit to put towards a Xbox One X? Now THAT is a deal!

May I ask: If I trade in my S toward an X bundle and return the X bundle couple days later with the gift receipt, what do I get? Store credit? Thanks!
Yes sir

store credit, and whatever partial payment you used to cover the rest of the cost

So if you used cash, you’d get cash back. (Needs original receipt)

May I ask: If I trade in my S toward an X bundle and return the X bundle couple days later with the gift receipt, what do I get? Store credit? Thanks!
If possible don't use your PUR, since you will be returning it with a gift receipt. Just tell them you don't have an account. Once I did a transaction that I did not want to be tied to my account (converted credit to gift card) so I gave a fake phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back