2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I trade MK11 for $35 or wait for a SB? Today is the last day for guaranteed $30
$35 is most likely the best you will get unless there is a great trade promo...doubt it gets bumped to $30 base next month.

$35 today no trade or $35 tomorrow with rage 2 purchase.

This assumes ps4/xb1...switch has a chance

2ds New Super Mario Bros 2 edition (or any 2ds I think) with choice of free game $79.99 at gamestop. Exp 5/26. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have a sealed one along with the Zelda 2ds sealed. Loving the switch in handheld mode though so no time for anything else but PS4 and retro gaming.
I like this verbage better than the post after yours. Where did you see this? If I can get a 2ds and an expensive game, it then flip the game, I'd be all this.

anybody tried to get pojnt for their trades? i traded 2 consoles and purchased games on the same transaction. i still havent received any points for it. i know they stopped the points for trade but just just wondering if anybody got lucky to get points for trade.

anybody tried to get pojnt for their trades? i traded 2 consoles and purchased games on the same transaction. i still havent received any points for it. i know they stopped the points for trade but just just wondering if anybody got lucky to get points for trade.
I trade in a PS4 last weekend. The points didn't show until i called in to complain about the omission.

Ah I been wanting a 3ds xl but gamestop always gives me the run around. I ask for system condition and they always say they can’t show me or say. I’ve gone in person and over the phone. I don’t want a beat up one a kid had that’s all...I’m not willing to try my luck ordering online either, don’t wanna go thru the hassle of a return. Why can’t they show it to me in person smh or at least tell me the condition if they got it in store.

What were the two big trade-in promos? I've been MIA for the past two months or so.
Last 2 months had nice stealth bumps in the middle of the months during a time when they were also doing power trades (get 20% bonus by preordering or purchasing select games). For example, during the bumps, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort had bases of about $14 and 1st party Switch games had bases of $30

Ah I been wanting a 3ds xl but gamestop always gives me the run around. I ask for system condition and they always say they can’t show me or say. I’ve gone in person and over the phone. I don’t want a beat up one a kid had that’s all...I’m not willing to try my luck ordering online either, don’t wanna go thru the hassle of a return. Why can’t they show it to me in person smh or at least tell me the condition if they got it in store.
They should be letting you open it up in store to see condition, literally no reason not to unless they know they took in some poor condition handhelds.

What were the two big trade-in promos? I've been MIA for the past two months or so.
Cash same as credit (70% bonus for some,) MK11 and Days Gone having a 20% bump coupled with a B2G1 when purchasing items on pickup. I think there was another one I’m forgetting.

Also, one really good stealth bump in March including lots of Wii stuff, then we had another pretty good stealth bump for April.

MK 11 is probably going to be on the next stealth bump I bet, but it most likely won’t hit $30, like a Switch Game would. Probably $25/27.50-ish

Be sure they're still running that promo. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I noticed it was gone from where I saw it earlier this week. I just assumed they would put it back up on the 24th to avoid confusion. Right now I can't find the banner on the site.
Yea, that is strange, but they have cancelled promos out of the blue before. I bought a $100 in preowned, just in case. I can always return this stuff on Monday if the promo was shelved.

I did get an email from Gamestop just before noon EST that is promoting the reward cash promo 5/24-5/27. So it should still be valid :) no mention of it’s in store only.

Do you guys remember from the last time they did this promo if you get multiple rewards cash codes for each $100 transaction spent? Or is it just 1 per account?

Only reason I ask is because earlier this month I saw 5x $10 rewards cash certs in my account. I have no idea what they were  and no idea why i had multiple sets of $10 cash rewards for but assume from a previous cash rewards weekend. 

Can anyone confirm?

And did anyone else who got multiple rewards codes last month know what it was for? All mines expired around May 5 I believe

Do you guys remember from the last time they did this promo if you get multiple rewards cash codes for each $100 transaction spent? Or is it just 1 per account?
I only got one last time but this may be because GameStop.com timing is totally wrong sometimes, where they mark the shipment (or delivery?) date as the date for rewards and these kind of promotions.

Last 2 months had nice stealth bumps in the middle of the months during a time when they were also doing power trades (get 20% bonus by preordering or purchasing select games). For example, during the bumps, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort had bases of about $14 and 1st party Switch games had bases of $30
Cash same as credit (70% bonus for some,) MK11 and Days Gone having a 20% bump coupled with a B2G1 when purchasing items on pickup. I think there was another one I’m forgetting.

Also, one really good stealth bump in March including lots of Wii stuff, then we had another pretty good stealth bump for April.

MK 11 is probably going to be on the next stealth bump I bet, but it most likely won’t hit $30, like a Switch Game would. Probably $25/27.50-ish
Thanks for sharing.

So spend $125 [before discount] on used games to make the most out of the promo (i.e. $100/0.8=$125). Then take $25 off $100, which would result in the games essentially being 40% off (i.e. 1-($100-$25)/$125=0.4). The more you spend over $125, the less that percentage is.

So about the same as b1g1 50% off, if you manage to get the subtotal to $125 even.

I only got one last time but this may be because GameStop.com timing is totally wrong sometimes, where they mark the shipment (or delivery?) date as the date for rewards and these kind of promotions.
Yeah I think thats what happened. I had about 5 or 6 the last time. I didnt get my last few because they didnt ship until the promo ended

So spend $125 [before discount] on used games to make the most out of the promo (i.e. $100/0.8=$125). Then take $25 off $100, which would result in the games essentially being 40% off (i.e. 1-($100-$25)/$125=0.4). The more you spend over $125, the less that percentage is.

So about the same as b1g1 50% off, if you manage to get the subtotal to $125 even.
Do we have to spend $100 before or after any discounts to get the $25? I am not clear on this one. If I buy 2 switch games for $54.99 and I am elite would I qualify?

I'm glad my Elite expired yesterday. Probably not going to go back to Pro at this rate. Between the possible change in the program to the used games not matching sale prices of new games most of the time to the inconsistent trade promos, it's just not worth at this point. I'll probably cash out my Rewards points sometime this week to get a Steam card to prepare for the Summer sale.
My Elite expired in March. I think like you I am going to leave it expired. I have 19K points or so. Not sure what I will spend it on. Maybe a new $15 game or something around BF. I haven't been inside a GS in a couple of months as it is.

Thanks for the thoughts. For me personally, I don't have $125 on my list of must-have pre-owned, so I guess I'll sit this one out.

WTF....I've had a bunch of GBA games in my cart all day, trying to decide if I want to get them.   And I just noticed that ALL the Pokemon GBA prices have been increased by $5.

WTF....I've had a bunch of GBA games in my cart all day, trying to decide if I want to get them. And I just noticed that ALL the Pokemon GBA prices have been increased by $5.
Good to know it's not just me.
Since they are having the $14.99 and under 2 for 20 sale, almost all of the prices have gone up.
Nearly everything that I wanted at $14.99 has gone up to $17.99-$19.99.
Including a couple of ones where they were $14.99 on the website, but ringing up at $19.99 at the store (and of course they wouldn't match their own not marked as online only price) and the next day it was $19.99 on the site.
So most anything on the site that would fall under the in store only sale, is marked as online only price.
I really don't want to see Gamestop go away. It is the last place like this that we have.
But things like this piss me off.

Whelp, a bunch of games I was planning on trading in just plunged in TiV. Guess I'll hang onto them since there aren't any decent promos anyway.

With the recent change to pro account, I beginning to fear the future of GameStop. I got 400+ credit left that I was going to use on next gen console but now I worry if have will last that long

How did you calculate 125? with pro it is 10% off and cag 16%

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back