2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How annoying/hard is it to get a preorder moved from 1 store to another? Still have a 2017 preorder for Evil Within 2 at a store so far out of the way i'll probably never go there again. 

Did you get points on the trade ins? Once again I did not. Still weird how some people say they still do and others don't.

I usually have no problem. The new store will call the old store and handle it. The only thing that sucks for the poor employee is that the other store one gets a -1 on their preorders. I believe.
Yep, 3 sets of points for trades and 1 for buying something.

Not sure why it works for some and not others. I was elite, then it expired in January and renewed Pro in March. Not sure if that matters or not, but might have some correlation.

Did you get points on the trade ins? Once again I did not. Still weird how some people say they still do and others don't.

I usually have no problem. The new store will call the old store and handle it. The only thing that sucks for the poor employee is that the other store one gets a -1 on their preorders. I believe.
You might be in the beta PUR Pro zone, where trade in points don't count anymore. That or CA has come up with some wonky law saying you can't get points for trades just like you can't get cash for trades.

Sorry, folks, been out of the trade game for a while, but looking to build credit for an Oculus Quest; how does one find the SB list these days? Thanks!

Edit: feel free to PM me if the first rule of SB is we do not talk about SB.

Sorry, folks, been out of the trade game for a while, but looking to build credit for an Oculus Quest; how does one find the SB list these days? Thanks!
On their trade site type in mwtmay19 and it will give you a list of 300+ games to trade.

I bought a Quest with credit last week and I’m blown away so far although it’s my first major VR experience. I encourage anyone with tons of credit to try it out if interested, totally worth it for me.

I got points for my trade and I was informed, by the ASM, that the changes to PUR in June. They were repricing everything. So I guess YMMV.

Guess I screwed up trading in MK11 yesterday. Wanted to get in my trades for my $3 Xbox One games and decided to send that along with it. Oh well. Live and learn, I suppose.

I hate when an employee assumes doing research on trade-in values is the same as abusing the entire program. :roll:
My favorite customers were informed customers, who had done their research before coming into the store. Generally they were the easiest to deal with (granted I didn't work at GS, but still).

Nope, I think he just confused his wording and meant to say trade policy. I forgot to mention that he was friendly until he pulled up my account, and saw that I saved $3,000 in the past year. His demeanor changed instantly, which is dumb because that metric has always been ridiculously off.
Just grill his ass on the review. He can keep his off-hand comments to himself. Is it possible for you to shop at a different GameStop?

On their trade site type in mwtmay19 and it will give you a list of 300+ games to trade.

I bought a Quest with credit last week and I’m blown away so far although it’s my first major VR experience. I encourage anyone with tons of credit to try it out if interested, totally worth it for me.
I through about getting Quest with my credit too. I got a Lenovo explorer WMR unit for my PC for $200 in 2018 , I like it but the Len quality is poor compare to oculus go much less Quest. In term of gaming wmr win for sure but in term of "video' go and quest are vastly superior.

Does anyone know if the $5 extra for PS4/Xbone/Switch and the 20% Bonus Trade in toward Crash Team Racing or Mario Maker stack? I didn't see this answered yet. Sorry if i missed it. 

Just grill his ass on the review. He can keep his off-hand comments to himself. Is it possible for you to shop at a different GameStop?
Yeah I have multiple GameStops within a 10-15 minute radius, it's just my luck that this one is a few blocks from my apartment and this manager transferred over right after I moved here. I appreciate everyone's concern!

Advise needed: As I stated a few pages ago, I traded in $365 worth of product on pro day, and walked out with a brand new ps4 $400 ($765 worth of transactions) and didn't get my points on my account. I emailed back and forth, and was only awarded 900 points, which is WAY off of what it should be.

Would an instore clerk be able to help with this by perhaps calling corporate themselves? I am not getting anywhere through email

Thanks in advance

Advise needed: As I stated a few pages ago, I traded in $365 worth of product on pro day, and walked out with a brand new ps4 $400 ($765 worth of transactions) and didn't get my points on my account. I emailed back and forth, and was only awarded 900 points, which is WAY off of what it should be.

Would an instore clerk be able to help with this by perhaps calling corporate themselves? I am not getting anywhere through email

Thanks in advance
Call customer service.

1 (800) 883-8895

Call customer service.
1 (800) 883-8895
they based it on the final payment. so if you only pay $90, thays where they gonna based the points. tried arguing over the phone but they would not listen to my explanation. i have over 200k points so i didnt push it.

they based it on the final payment. so if you only pay $90, thays where they gonna based the points. tried arguing over the phone but they would not listen to my explanation. i have over 200k points so i didnt push it.
Push it.

Thanks in advance
I would push it. Gamestop's PUR customer service is surprisingly very good. I just called for my missing $50 rewards cash with with $200 spend and GS credited after about an hour on the phone(3 calls).

With $765 spend, that's about 23k points you're leaving on the table with elite pro

Finally home from work, so I logged in online to check if I received the $25 from the bonus. Nothing under my active offers yet, but again, I only did my transaction yesterday.

Although I messed up by getting the wrong game as part of my $100 spend, haha. I got FIFA 19 for the Switch and today it went on sale on the eShop. I guess I’ll just straight trade it in (on the SB list, so Friday?), because if I try doing an exchange for a similar priced game, it’ll probably mess up my $25 bonus I’m waiting for. Terrible decision on my part to get a sports game, but I couldn’t find anything on the shelf to get.

Has anyone received more than 1 of the $25 or $10 reward certificates in their active offers? I did 3 transactions with over $100 in pre-owned games (after discounts and before tax) and have only received 1 $25 certificate.

Has anyone received more than 1 of the $25 or $10 reward certificates in their active offers? I did 3 transactions with over $100 in pre-owned games (after discounts and before tax) and have only received 1 $25 certificate.
Were they on separate days? I believe the memo the stores received said you can only get the offer once per day for that 4 day period.

Same here. Did 3 transactions all at different stores on Monday- more than $100 each. I only received one $25 certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back