2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the bumped values have shown up, Luigi's Mansion on 3DS for example is now $12 base instead of $11, GTA V on PS4 is $6 instead of $5.50 or whatever it was. 

Edit:  Sorry those values were for Elite Pro.  Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5. 

Either way, stealth bump seems to be live.

Some of the bumped values have shown up, Luigi's Mansion on 3DS for example is now $12 base instead of $11, GTA V on PS4 is $6 instead of $5.50 or whatever it was.

Edit: Sorry those values were for Elite Pro. Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5.

I think you are just seeing the normal fluctuating values. I don't see any of the MWTMAY19 games on the first few pages bumped yet. Traditionally the values don't bump system wide until Friday.

I could be wrong, but none of my list has been bumped yet :)

Edit: Sorry those values were for Elite Pro. Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5.

Bumps go live Friday. Those are just normal price changes.

So you noticed your mistake and still went with the original assumption? Lol

Now is not a good time to have gamestop store credit saved up. ToysrUs went quick unlike blockbuster which still had stores open for years after going out of business. ToyRus had all their stores shut down nationwide within like a year.

This is something my dad always taught me to never hold onto store credit, specially at more mom and pop business's that are not franchise corporations. I used to do this a lot in the early 2000's when mom and pop CD shops were still a thing and people still buyed CD's. I'd go there looking for games and doing trade in. These were business's that were there one day and can be gone the next.

I'm sure there were people out there who had hundreds in toysrus credit and have no recourse. You have two things to worry about beside a complete shutdown they could start having liquidation sales and if that's the case your store can deplete it's inventory of anything you want and you'll be forced into spending it on things you didn't want.  I think my local toysrus liquidated it's stores in like 1-2 weeks. 

Now is not a good time to have gamestop store credit saved up. ToysrUs went quick unlike blockbuster which still had stores open for years after going out of business. ToyRus had all their stores shut down nationwide within like a year.

This is something my dad always taught me to never hold onto store credit, specially at more mom and pop business's that are not franchise corporations. I used to do this a lot in the early 2000's when mom and pop CD shops were still a thing and people still buyed CD's. I'd go there looking for games and doing trade in. These were business's that were there one day and can be gone the next.

I'm sure there were people out there who had hundreds in toysrus credit and have no recourse. You have two things to worry about beside a complete shutdown they could start having liquidation sales and if that's the case your store can deplete it's inventory of anything you want and you'll be forced into spending it on things you didn't want. I think my local toysrus liquidated it's stores in like 1-2 weeks.
Gs is fine for the next few years.
They already have the next guy in line ready to go which seems like an early retirement buyout.
It's not uncommon to switch out when a new CEO comes in.

I don't think ti's live. Smash is still at 25/27.50 and it's part of the mwtmay19

But Toys R Us was killed by its debt. Gamestop still has lots of cash on hand. The sign I'm worried about is that everyone in the know seems to be saying the writing really is on the wall for them now. Most are betting that they can't turn it around and it's just dying a slow death.

I agree. And as long as my trade credit still works on most gift cards it's an easy out for me. Like most others I'm holding out for that next gen console though.

They are going in debt though. Their profits have been going down for years. Their company makes its most profits off of used game sales and with publishers pushing digital gamestop has resorted to becoming a hot topic that sells video games. Nothing they really do can turn that around. This is after effects from the publishers and developers cutting out the middle man. Like blockbuster there was little they could do, the industry for movie rental stores was on its way out. It's to the point now they are selling you empty cases with no disc or manual and just a voucher code. You going to go to a store just to have a plastic case or just download it it via digital distribution. It's an inevitable process like when we went from VHS to DVD to Blu-ray format. I'm not even pro digital, I am pro physical but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the industry is going.

They are going in debt though. Their profits have been going down for years. Their company makes its most profits off of used game sales and with publishers pushing digital gamestop has resorted to becoming a hot topic that sells video games. Nothing they really do can turn that around. This is after effects from the publishers and developers cutting out the middle man. Like blockbuster there was little they could do, the industry for movie rental stores was on its way out. It's to the point now they are selling you empty cases with no disc or manual and just a voucher code. You going to go to a store just to have a plastic case or just download it it via digital distribution. It's an inevitable process like when we went from VHS to DVD to Blu-ray format. I'm not even pro digital, I am pro physical but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the industry is going.
This. We MIGHT see Gamestop try to hold on in the next generation but I think mid-way through they're going to just give up, or become something radically different from what they are (online only supplier ala Amazon?). Though with Gamestop's track record of adaptation to change....I wouldn't bet too heavily on that.

Right now, I'm getting as much trade credit as I can to save up for the inevitable Switch revision that's coming. But its true, the writing is on the wall for Gamestop as a business. Unless somehow all 3 consoles united into one multiplatform device with 100% backwards compatibility with everything, their inventory is just going to stagnate. Ludicrous, I know.

This. We MIGHT see Gamestop try to hold on in the next generation but I think mid-way through they're going to just give up, or become something radically different from what they are (online only supplier ala Amazon?). Though with Gamestop's track record of adaptation to change....I wouldn't bet too heavily on that.

Right now, I'm getting as much trade credit as I can to save up for the inevitable Switch revision that's coming. But its true, the writing is on the wall for Gamestop as a business. Unless somehow all 3 consoles united into one multiplatform device with 100% backwards compatibility with everything, their inventory is just going to stagnate. Ludicrous, I know.
I don't know the business-side of Limited Run Games but it seems successful. But perhaps they are only successful because of their small runs to make them limited collector's items. If Gamestop was really about the gamer they would invest in physical game production to games that otherwise wouldn't get them. It would certainly keep me coming back. Because obviously there is nothing to gain for Gamestop on the digital front. And I'm I don't know if the FanGamer portions of the store are profitable for them either.

If they invested more in the games it would keep me interested. So many of my Gamestops around me have turned into toy stores and games are sort of second to that. You see people dumpster diving as Gamestop throws away all the boxes, manuals, and cases to their games and sells them in generic Gamestop boxes.

If they had a standard of getting and selling games with their original boxes and content I'd buy more. I don't buy games without their cases.

I just don't know if the CEO of Gamestop cares about video games and sees the trend in digital and instead is just ready to cut their losses and run.

Mayday! Mayday! we got no stealth bump in May. I guess I will hold onto my games until the July bonus trade, 6 for 50% (yes I know it's not confirmed yet, but let a CAG have some hope).

I don't know the business-side of Limited Run Games but it seems successful. But perhaps they are only successful because of their small runs to make them limited collector's items. If Gamestop was really about the gamer they would invest in physical game production to games that otherwise wouldn't get them. It would certainly keep me coming back. Because obviously there is nothing to gain for Gamestop on the digital front. And I'm I don't know if the FanGamer portions of the store are profitable for them either.

If they invested more in the games it would keep me interested. So many of my Gamestops around me have turned into toy stores and games are sort of second to that. You see people dumpster diving as Gamestop throws away all the boxes, manuals, and cases to their games and sells them in generic Gamestop boxes.

If they had a standard of getting and selling games with their original boxes and content I'd buy more. I don't buy games without their cases.

I just don't know if the CEO of Gamestop cares about video games and sees the trend in digital and instead is just ready to cut their losses and run.
That is like telling an ink ribbon company that they should have started making typewriters to stay in business.

Guess they caught on that they’re having a $5 bonus so they lowered some values.
I was a little suspicious when I saw PUBG and NFS payback xbone on that list considering you can get pretty close to the used price of those games already with PUR and the $5 bonus.

Lo and behold, payback dropped $2.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back