2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to nab two of each of Evolve, Killzone and Homefront and trade them for $7.40 each.

Flipping ~$2 in credit to $7.40 with minimal legwork is nice.

Kind of annoyed at GS. Missed out on Trails of Cold Steel 2 for PS4, so bought two copies used on their website. Got Trails of Cold Steel 1 instead.... Guess it's back to the store for a return. Has anyone had a similar situation? I imagine if I brought it up to CS they would just want me to ship them back for a refund, since they don't seem to have the game in stock.
There are no used copies of PS4 CS1 or CS2 listed on the website. In April, they started to list used CS2 as available confusing them for CS1. Now the website doesn't list any used games. The buyback portal still doesn't list any buyback for CS1 or CS2 even though they do buy in store.

Anybody know if I can trade in multiple consoles for the switch promo? Let's say I have an OG Xbox One and an Xbox One S, can I trade in both ($100 + $200) for $300 toward a new switch? TIA

Edit: in the past I think I read that people here were able to trade in two consoles from different grouping - e.g. One Xbox and One PlayStation - but not sure whether two different Xbox Ones at different price points would work. 

I was able to nab two of each of Evolve, Killzone and Homefront and trade them for $7.40 each.

Flipping ~$2 in credit to $7.40 with minimal legwork is nice.
I've done 19 of them over the past two days (#20 was a $5 game for another system I wanted), but i started to get push back from the wife about the time spent driving around and flipping them, so I think I'll be content with that.

Anybody know if I can trade in multiple consoles for the switch promo? Let's say I have an OG Xbox One and an Xbox One S, can I trade in both ($100 + $200) for $300 toward a new switch? TIA

Edit: in the past I think I read that people here were able to trade in two consoles from different grouping - e.g. One Xbox and One PlayStation - but not sure whether two different Xbox Ones at different price points would work.
I was successful with a One and a One S during a similar promo, but that's been forever ago in Gamestop time (around 7-8 months)

Hopefully, there will be a switch bundle announced tomorrow that you can trade towards in multiple transactions.

No the 16th.

It’s in their ad for this week.

Although to be fair I double-checked their website and I didn't see the time period in the fine print. I don't remember where I saw that the promo was ending on the 16th.
I don't see it saying that it ends on the 16th. I don't know where I saw 6/16 but I know for a fact I saw it somewhere and prominently too.

There’s still a limit of 4 like-titles per 30-day period, regardless of where you trade in or how many at a time...
Hmm, well, it didn't seem to effect me. I'm happy with my results anyways, so I won't try to push it and further. But I had a roughly equal number of copies of each, in the end, so it's highly likely each one went over the limit. I actually asked, because I tried to trade in two copies of homefront on Monday, and was told I could only do 1 per store per day, and asked about over all limits on individual games, and was told there was none, so who knows....

No. I did 7 on Monday, and 12 yesterday. Only one copy of a game per store, otherwise I would have had triple that, so I had to do more driving.
Pretty sure it’s 3 of the same title within 30 days. The fourth gives you the temporary ban hammer. If you did these games 17 times, a ban is probabaly worth it. $102 plus tax into $377

the 2nd day would be when you crossed the limit, which you won't find out about at the register. it will allow the transaction and then quietly ban you, sometimes as quickly as overnight.

the limit is 4 copies per game per console in 30 days. the 5th gets you banned.

the 2nd day would be when you crossed the limit, which you won't find out about at the register. it will allow the transaction and then quietly ban you, sometimes as quickly as overnight.

the limit is 4 copies per game per console in 30 days. the 5th gets you banned.
I actually have a personal game that had a solid trade value that I was going to trade in still, so I'll do that today and see what happens.

If I did get trade banned, it's honestly not a big deal, because prior to the $5 bonus, I've never traded anything in, because the values were so shitty.

Even with the current bonus, I've only traded in about 5 of my ps4 games, and the rest have been Walmart clearance finds that I'd take in as long as the trade value prior to the bonus was roughly the same as the price I paid for the game.

I'll check back with what happens later on today.

FIFA 19 (XB1) base is $8 in store despite showing $13 on the app and on the site. Sucks, but I didn't really want to fight it as I had to wait a while there do to their computer freezing up and had to reboot them.
Does anyone happen to know if FIFA is still coming up as $8 base, even though the website and app are showing something else?

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (XONE) is a great flip: Preowned $9 - Trade In $12 ($7+$5) - This is for regular members. Pro and Elite will get even more.

I just tried, and it does say that I'm trade banned, so I guess you guys were right.

I only have 1 game left, so I'm thinking of just going to a different store, and forgo the 20% bump and trade points, just becks I doubt I'll ever get this much for the game again.

Has anyone done that and still traded in ok without using your pro account?

I just tried, and it does say that I'm trade banned, so I guess you guys were right.

I only have 1 game left, so I'm thinking of just going to a different store, and forgo the 20% bump and trade points, just becks I doubt I'll ever get this much for the game again.

Do you need an ID to trade in when you live? If so you still won't be able to and if you don't then you should be fine.

I believe it's actually 4. The 5th game gets you banned.
That is correct. I managed to trade in 24 games (8 each) on two separate accounts and I'm not trade banned.

I feel like I'm the only CAG person in my area cause I haven't seen anyone else do it.

It’s attached to your ID, not account.

I signed up for a new account yesterday and traded probably 6 of each, bringing me to 10 total on my driver's license. I'm assuming my ID and new account are banned, but my Elite is still good since I didn't use it to go over the limit. So just in case the 4th of July promos overlap, I can have someone else trade using my account with their ID.

I feel like I'm the only CAG person in my area cause I haven't seen anyone else do it.
I felt that way since nobody was giving me a hard time (though I avoided my usually crappy GameStop), but towards the end of the night I was picking up copies of Killzone and Evolve with tags dated for 6/10, meaning they were traded in earlier.

well, i manage to borrow my friend normal account and trade in my remainign beast quest at a store that don;t check id as long as there is an account.  

Mobile app is showing 15$. You mean it rings up at 9$ for trade in?
The desktop version TIV is $9.

2rzqh35.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back