2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone actually find a Gaius or GoW statue? I imagine the employees would steal those immediately but some might have slipped through.

I tried to get a Gaius on hold last night, but couldn't :( Other than that I found most the ones I really wanted.

Sora
Naruto
T-51 Power Armor
Vault Girl
Cayde 6
Solaire

Added lenee and harley to my shelf. Will probably add solaire too. debating on what to do with black panther. Might end up sellign it for sloght profit to conver today purcahse

a57xfs.jpg
340-500_HR_0.jpg

Saw this go up last night and the link on the FP didn't work for shit and looked like just a few statues so thought nothing of it. Just spent the last half hour calling around trying to get Solaire (now that I knew about him -_-) only to have missed him by seconds at a store 10mi away and the rest were either claimed already, or gone in 100mi radius. Wish I'd known because I'd have gotten one easily today. . .

Placed 11 holds last night when the ad went live, just to be safe. 5 declined, 1 never went through, and the store with a Tails statue sold it to the complex security guard before I got there because the person that printed the hold sheet was distracted with something and his coworker didn't know it was on hold. Ended up with a Black Panther, Solaire of Astora, Sonic, and Tails.

Should've got a Cayde and a Vault Girl, but I didn't realize how many of my holds would be declined, and didn't want to be the guy buying 20 statues (might as well have since somebody was going to anyway). The employee told me they've known about this sale since Friday, so it's bullshit that any employees that wanted these couldn't just place holds last night themselves.

I placed three on hold at one store when this first went live. Also placed one on hold at a separate store my friend works at. I received a confirmation on all of them. My friend wanted my reserve so I said cool go ahead and cancel mine. He did and I received the notification immediately. Went to the other store for my three reserves and the guy said, " oh you didn't get the message? Some guy came in last night in person and reserved them." That doesnt make any sense so I assumed he was lying because he or a friend swooped in on them. I'm just confused why he didn't cancel the order. I drove all the way there when I could have been looking elsewhere. I eventually found a solaire and t51. Only missed out on a Jim Lee batman. Hope everyone managed to find something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LMAO This is at GS
6NugiW6.jpg
I saw these in store the other day. They were right front and center, surrounded by a bunch of other statues. I kept imaging a Larry David type situation where someone I know would see me and tell everyone I have a thing for these statues. Too anyone who does, to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m going in today and buying the statues I want and try to argue that holds are only for 24 hours and that the statue should be up for grabs

Here is the Mario Maker guaranteed full trade screenshot from the email I got.

attachicon.gif
B95A8293-82CB-429A-A34F-3084D5CB2595.jpeg
Too bad it is the Nintendo Online Bundle and not the regular edition. Smart move on GameStop's part as very few people are actually going to trade this game back in within the 2 day period. I would do it for point conversion, but I think I'm going to stick with the family plan for Nintendo Online.

A previous poster said that the fine print states that it's only for the standard edition. That would make more sense since GS wouldn't give $70 for the bundled game sans the online code. I plan to convert my points, and I'm wondering if it's limit 1 copy per PUR account or if I can do it twice.

Too bad it is the Nintendo Online Bundle and not the regular edition. Smart move on GameStop's part as very few people are actually going to trade this game back in within the 2 day period. I would do it for point conversion, but I think I'm going to stick with the family plan for Nintendo Online.
The standard edition is right above it in the screenshot. Unlikely they will give more than $60 back for the game. Good if you want to convert points or try the game out for two days.

So GS will let you use $60 in certs on the game, then take it back for the full $60? I'm assuming you don't have to show the receipt either.

Isn’t the Harley Quinn for $10 from the injustice 2 line? Associate said it was $45 but wouldn’t let me
Look at the pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t the Harley Quinn for $10 from the injustice 2 line? Associate said it was $45 but wouldn’t let me
Look at the pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep that's included. I don't think any stores actually marked them $10, the two I went to yesterday just had signage stating clearance statues $10

https://m.gamestop.com/product/collectibles/toys/injustice-2-harley-quinn-statue-only-at-gamestop/139338

The hold I put on Sonic and Tails statues went through, so I'll grab those tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With Days Gone I did more than one. As long as you're ok with getting back trade credit and losing whatever tax you pay it's all good.
You did more than one on the same PUR account? I think the fine print said it was limit 1, but I wouldn't be surprised if the POS allowed it.

So you bought two copies with certs from the first store and traded them into another store with no issue? When I did the Days Gone promo, the associate asked me why I didn't like the game, so it would be difficult to explain why I'd have two copies.

Got sonic, tails, solaire (2), t-51(2) and sora

A lot of driving but I really wanted t-51...the last place I went too had the Jim Batman but no box cause it got wet

Pocky and Rocky, Chrono Trigger, Final fight 3, in stock at decent prices. Only back draw is that cag16 and my elite pro is not working towards an order. If anyone wants to order and then call up customer service and see if they can have the discounts applied knock yourself out.

NVD theyre gone.. literally a min after I posted hahaha

Pocky and Rocky, Chrono Trigger, Final fight 3, in stock at decent prices. Only back draw is that cag16 and my elite pro is not working towards an order. If anyone wants to order and then call up customer service and see if they can have the discounts applied knock yourself out.

NVD theyre gone.. literally a min after I posted hahaha
I bought Chrono Trigger 3 times last year and the first two were repros. So for whoever bought it, I hope it's a legit one.

I wonder if it is too much to ask for my home GameStop store to request transfer of the clearance statue from one store to another
I'm sure they will try, just to appease you, but can't imagine another store sending anything out. Almost all of these have sold pretty well everywhere.

I bought Chrono Trigger 3 times last year and the first two were repros. So for whoever bought it, I hope it's a legit one.
For that reason I never buy snes, n64, or nes games off their website, luckily my local store still has a retro section which I make a couple purchases from when I see something nice. I've gotten a good amount of gamecube games, dreamcast, n64, and a couple ps2 rpgs.

My elite pro sadly runs out in literally a week so doubt i'll be making many more purchases after that. Really hoping for a 50% trade in before then but i don't it'll happen :/. I've got a ton of switch and ds game I bought in a lot for super cheap to convert to credit from the time i sniped a gamestop trade in lol. Resold like a 1/3rd of the stuff and got my money back. now looking to clear a couple hundred in store credit and wait to purchase a next gen system next year, or just spend it all buying retro games from local store... guess we'll see what happens.

Damn, the two I had on hold for today went back up. Wondering if it's even worth it to go in. Was anyone able to get anything today at $10?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yup got tails, t-51 and dark souls. Before 2pm

Yup got tails, t-51 and dark souls. Before 2pm
It is like random item go back up in price. For example, T 51 Vault girl and Solaire are still $10. Then item like Sonic, Tails, deadpool bust and nukagirl are back to original price. I wish i could have gotten tails tomorrow. When i check price a hour or 2 ago they were still $10. I only find out because i was goign to ask my home store to help me transfer soem figure and i saw the price. Side note, Vault Girl look a bit disappoint but for $10 i will survive

Damn, I feel so dumb for missing out on this. I was lucky enough to be the first one to my own local GS, but if I had the know-how to put holds on all those $350 GOW and Dva statues and $250 Colossus statues, I would have spent all of Sunday doing nothing but driving around the whole state picking them up. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back