2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious what did you place on hold? Sonic and tails?
Yep. I gotta do some shopping later anyway and I'll be right across the street, so I'll go in anyway and see what happens. The website still advertises the clearance sale and those are still included when you click on it. Would have gone yesterday, but got caught in really bad storms and couldn't go over there to see what they had.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep. I gotta do some shopping later anyway and I'll be right across the street, so I'll go in anyway and see what happens. The website still advertises the clearance sale and those are still included when you click on it. Would have gone yesterday, but got caught in really bad storms and couldn't go over there to see what they had.

Are you from Chicago too? Massive strong yesterday

Damn, I feel so dumb for missing out on this. I was lucky enough to be the first one to my own local GS, but if I had the know-how to put holds on all those $350 GOW and Dva statues and $250 Colossus statues, I would have spent all of Sunday doing nothing but driving around the whole state picking them up.
Don't worry, I'm sure hardly anyone who wasn't an employee or a friend of an employee got those more expensive ones.

When I was at gamestop the employee who was great btw. Printed out lots of tags to help me look for the $10 ones said the prices weren’t changed to $10 but when you scan them it comes up as $10...so maybe those still hunting for sonic and tails will still get them for $10

I picked up tails this morning don’t see why they would change the price mid afternoon

Just got back, Sonic and Tails were still $10, they even had a couple other statues with the $10 signing, so not sure what's up with the site.

I lucked out at my store with a few statues. Wish I had taken more effort Sunday than I had probably would’ve gotten quite a bit more in Baltimore.

9496c36e9a91b2ffa57bfe50ac0ec967.jpg
6437076a58842bcadfcbb7054a9d4f2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get (2) Fallout T-51, (2) Megaman vs wily, jim lee batman, sonic, tails, green lantern, vault girl, glow n dark slug/rick morty and joker gallery. Also, have solaire on hold which I thought was cancelled. I will have to pick up at opening tomorrow.

Resell isn’t even high on these I’m seeing $12-15 profit. I only bought what I wanted but I did grab some doubles in hopes to trade if it don’t happen people will get them for Christmas gifts

I just picked up my 2 statues that I had on reserve since this morning, and they were priced @ $10 each. Both Dark Souls and Joker are priced @ $42 & $28 on their website. Sales associate mentioned that maybe the website does not necessarily reflect in-store clearance prices.
I did see a Clearance $10 tag that shows the sale ending on June 29. Headed back there to buy more!

Picked up:

Sora
Pete
Goofy
Squirrel girl
Black Manta
Jessica Jones
Iron fist
Luke Cage
Mega man diorama

Placed a hold for T-51, Vault girl, Nuka Cola and Daredevil. My GPS is stupid, though. Store was two hours out, so I cancelled even though I really wanted those.

I was placing online holds like a madman the night of the sale.  Managed to get the following through holds:

Gaius

Squirrel Girl Gallery

Nightwing

The Batman Who Laughs B&W

2018 Summer Convention Batman

2018 Summer Convention Joker

Jim Lee Batman

Wolverine Gallery

Solaire

And then 3 of the Disney diorama statues - Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, and Toy Story. 

This was across 3 GameStop stores. All were actually really cool about the sale. One lady at my favorite location actually grabbed a statue and put with some of the others because she thought I may be interested. 

I know there was a $10 Flash statue listed on the website but did anyone find one at an actual store?

No kidding! I need to know the next big trade deal so I can get rid of some stuff and get Judgement and some other games on the cheap!
Thankfully, Bloodstained: ROTN is taking up most of my non-work time and curbing my acquisition desires.

Thankfully, Bloodstained: ROTN is taking up most of my non-work time and curbing my acquisition desires.
Same here. Also buying Mario Maker 2 on Friday so I am already overloading myself with new releases as it is.

I'v been playing the Switch version of that. I almost never say things like 'don't get this version' but...don't get this version. It's as bad as they say.
I am glad I cancelled my pre-order and just picked it up on PS4 instead. I was trying to find out more about the Switch port before release, but info was hard to come by and although the majority was saying that it's a bad port there were some people out there trying to argue that it wasn't unplayable but hearing that it crashes frequently and stutters to framerates as low as 15fps in some spots is really disappointing. The game isn't a graphical powerhouse, it certainly doesn't look bad but if Bayonetta 2 can run as well as it does on Switch then there is no reason a game like Bloodstained can't run in a more playable state.

I'v been playing the Switch version of that. I almost never say things like 'don't get this version' but...don't get this version. It's as bad as they say.
Same here. Also buying Mario Maker 2 on Friday so I am already overloading myself with new releases as it is.

I am glad I cancelled my pre-order and just picked it up on PS4 instead. I was trying to find out more about the Switch port before release, but info was hard to come by and although the majority was saying that it's a bad port there were some people out there trying to argue that it wasn't unplayable but hearing that it crashes frequently and stutters to framerates as low as 15fps in some spots is really disappointing. The game isn't a graphical powerhouse, it certainly doesn't look bad but if Bayonetta 2 can run as well as it does on Switch then there is no reason a game like Bloodstained can't run in a more playable state.
I am playing on the PS4 because I didn't want to be saddled with 30fp and 720p on the switch. I have a copy of the switch version preordered at Best Buy with GCU because I think the game is good enough that the steel book will be worth something in the future.

It is a fantastic game, even with all the glitches. I do find that it is waaaayy too easy on normal difficulty. I should have done hard. It is nowhere near as challenging as SOTN is on normal.

turning $60 in points to $60 in credit
Thats bizarre. But ok.
Not really that bizarre. Let's say you have 180k points and you want to spend that all towards a console. Right now you can't use more than one of the same denomination so you get up to what, $105 in certs possible if you get one of each? Flip those $60 certs into store credit though and you can then use all $180.

Not really that bizarre. Let's say you have 180k points and you want to spend that all towards a console. Right now you can't use more than one of the same denomination so you get up to what, $105 in certs possible if you get one of each? Flip those $60 certs into store credit though and you can then use all $180.
You also get the points from doing the trade, if your area/account still gives PUR points for trades.

I am playing on the PS4 because I didn't want to be saddled with 30fp and 720p on the switch. I have a copy of the switch version preordered at Best Buy with GCU because I think the game is good enough that the steel book will be worth something in the future.

It is a fantastic game, even with all the glitches. I do find that it is waaaayy too easy on normal difficulty. I should have done hard. It is nowhere near as challenging as SOTN is on normal.
It's a metal case sadly. Artwork and glossyness is beautiful unfortunately 100% confirmed metal case. Its has a spot for a switch cart and a CD, so I'll flip my switch copy and put the ps4 copy in it.

It's a metal case sadly. Artwork and glossyness is beautiful unfortunately 100% confirmed metal case. Its has a spot for a switch cart and a CD, so I'll flip my switch copy and put the ps4 copy in it.
Cool. Now, I hope there will be some way to get that PS4 dynamic theme preorder-order bonus in the future...

So in theory.. if you have an elite membership as I do.. could you buy the game and trade it in the next day then buy it back to get the points

Usually not a good idea to trade something in and then try and buy it back right away (if I understand what you're saying). You could try and buy, bring it back just before close, and try and get it the next morning w a different employee but a game that new will go very quick pre owned.
I was talking about like just buying it back from a different store after I trade it in to another but either way I already preordered it and cant wait to play

Was denied a return of a pre-owned item that I purchased online. Guy said it was past the 7 days from shipment. I asked what happens when it takes a week or more to get something once it has been shipped...he just shrugged.

Was denied a return of a pre-owned item that I purchased online. Guy said it was past the 7 days from shipment. I asked what happens when it takes a week or more to get something once it has been shipped...he just shrugged.
Would wreck the guy on a survey and go to a different store. Sounds like he just didn't want to do his job.

What do you want this site to do? Antisocial? I mean its your money. People who know they are deserving of a service normally speak up to people who can amend the wrong. Not run to the internet. Obviously you dont care enough.

What do you want this site to do? Antisocial? I mean its your money. People who know they are deserving of a service normally speak up to people who can amend the wrong. Not run to the internet. Obviously you dont care enough.
Please shut the fuck up. Your post are obnoxious and you bring nothing of value to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back