2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering it's a trade in offer and not a return, do you still get PowerUp Rewards points if you take advantage of the Super Mario Maker 2 full trade guarantee? Does anyone know from their experience with Days Gone?

Please shut the fuck up. Your post are obnoxious and you bring nothing of value to this site.
Continuous ramblings and whining about not having something happen also brings nothing to the table. Not to mention the user never said he purchased something so how do you 'burn' someone without a receipt? Too busy complaining to think rational?

Considering it's a trade in offer and not a return, do you still get PowerUp Rewards points if you take advantage of the Super Mario Maker 2 full trade guarantee? Does anyone know from their experience with Days Gone?
Yes, there was a promo code on the receipt when you purchased it and they would enter that in to add a promo to the trade in value so it's not run as a return or anything.

I was talking with an employee today when I was in the store about the elite pro and how we both renewed for a few years when they announced it was ending. I was told someone renewed theirs for like 10 years and the employee was like "that's crazy that they have faith in this place being around at that time" lol

That was the thought that stopped me from renewing too far. But it's still being mentioned that August is when they kill the elite pro for everyone regardless of remaining years. Just a rumor though. But that's why I'm so suspicious of all this new beta BS. If they were going to put it in everywhere, I think they will do it in August while ending the elite pro at the same time. Only question would be, what do they give us in return?
I have no idea. Honestly I wouldn't expect them to give us anything because they know they can get away with giving us nothing.

That being said though, it wouldn't disappoint me that much if it did end this year as I only renewed through 2021 and I paid for one of those years with points.

are statues still $10 in-store? I really like the Marvel ones. With that said, I would like to confirm this promo is good thru 6/29
Yup. I picked up Black Manta, Green Lantern, Nighthawk, Sonic, Tails, and one of the Joker ones today between two stores. I'm going to stop at another store or two in my work neighborhood tomorrow

Continuous ramblings and whining about not having something happen also brings nothing to the table. Not to mention the user never said he purchased something so how do you 'burn' someone without a receipt? Too busy complaining to think rational?
That ‘user’ was me. Too busy constantly bitching about what people post to read properly? You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about, so you should quit while you’re behind.

That ‘user’ was me. Too busy constantly bitching about what people post to read properly? You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about, so you should quit while you’re behind.

Kind of ironic. Since the very thing you are whining about has been discussed a million times. 🤕

Really wish I could of found a Sonic and Tails statue. If anyone happened to grab an extra of either and is willing to sell at a decent price please PM me. Thanks and good luck all.

axvhsfwggy531.jpg

This made me laugh..from the GS Reddit :)

Picked up Iron Fist and Black Widow statues today. Going to look at other stores tomorrow. Im looking for other Marvel statues if anybody wants to trade(for BW/IF or other statues) message me what you need. 

Just got the squirrel girl statue from and online order and the box looks like someone elbow dropped the damn thing. Beat all to hell, and could barely get the statue out. Luckily the statue is fine, but goddamn.

Nice. Dark Souls Trilogy increased in TIV. I'll try to trade in each game individually because I'll get more trade credit that way. I just need a good promo as well. Fingers crossed for 4th of july bonus.

I got a Vault Girl, the Tails figure, and s Fallout T-51.  All were originally $40 I think ,  so although the really good ones were all long gone, I still managed to get a couple.  There were a couple Kingdom Hearts Petey left too.

I made my rounds and rounded up some $10 statues.

Sonic

Tails

Fallout Power Armor

Dark Souls Solaire SD

Kingdom Hearts guy

Bloodbourne Arsenal.

Really really trying to track down the Megaman X Second Armor Lightning LED 4.5 Inch Statue. One gamestop is saying that the item is "on hold" what the heck....

God, I'm dumb. I've been debating between getting Destiny 2 or Division 2, saw that Destiny 2 is going F2P this fall, so I told myself I'd keep an eye out for a sale on the latter. A sale just popped up on a digital copy of Division 2 for $25, so I bought it without thinking. I then realized I could've paid the same price for a physical copy from GameStop.com, using the ton of store credit I've been sitting on. What's the use of this Elite membership if I keep forgetting about ordering from the website? I'm getting sloppy.

Can't believe you guys are finding all these statues this late in the game. I had stores denying my requests before open on Sunday  :applause:

It's worth checking out stores you haven't been to that aren't too out of the way if you're hunting for clearance statues.

We've just been stopping at random gamestops on our way, and found many that we were looking for that didn't say they were in stock anywhere around us.

From my experience, no. Local thinkgeek had the solaire statue but did not have it clearanced. Actually they were charging more than the original price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks and yeah I kind of figured but was hoping as my local ThinkGeek has quite a bit of them but I guess that’s why they are still available.

Sonic
Tails
Fallout Power Armor
Dark Souls Solaire SD
Kingdom Hearts guy
Bloodbourne Arsenal.

Really really trying to track down the Megaman X Second Armor Lightning LED 4.5 Inch Statue. One gamestop is saying that the item is "on hold" what the heck....
... clearly a rival has urinated on the item already.

Check back in the morning. Maybe you'll get lucky and no one will have actually picked it up.

Sonic

Tails

Fallout Power Armor

Dark Souls Solaire SD

Kingdom Hearts guy

Bloodbourne Arsenal.

The Tails i picked up was "on-hold" but the hold had expired. If they tell you its on hold, ask when the hold expires and then call/come back.

I don't see the big deal with the video. Perhaps game publishers might care that GameStop is allegedly undercutting their retail price but otherwise...meh. How do you define "pre-owned"? Does it have to be "owned" by consumers? They know their target market wants newly released games and if they can save $5 buying "pre-owned", who cares?

I don't see the big deal with the video. Perhaps game publishers might care that GameStop is allegedly undercutting their retail price but otherwise...meh. How do you define "pre-owned"? Does it have to be "owned" by consumers? They know their target market wants newly released games and if they can save $5 buying "pre-owned", who cares?
It feels like a lot of conjecture overall, especially after looking at some of his other videos.

None of that video makes any sense. First off, that guy has a major axe to grind with Gamestop so anything he says must be taken with a grain of salt. Secondly, if some corporate guy decided to expose some fraudulent practice, wouldn't he do it to the SEC, or even just someone on youtube with more than like 20K subscribers?  Third, where's the proof he supposedly sent? Show me the documents. BTW, the fact that gamestop converts new games to used isn't a secret. There's a thread on this very forum that discusses it so you know which used games you can buy that may still have good codes inside.  The fact that they sell open games as "new" seems considerably more appalling to me than selling new games as used. Finally, how does what he's saying even make sense? The best way to attract investors is to turn a profit. sacrificing profits to move a sales number on the balance sheet from "new" to "pre-owned" is a terrible idea, regardless of whether it is legal.

TL;DR:  This video doesn't pass the sniff test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back