2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the refurb fee on PS4 discs? I picked up a scratched up Skyrim, trades in for $11 pro wonder if they’ll accept it or turn it down

So I need someone to confirm I've been stupid for several months now... A few months back I came into a lot of 30ish xbox one controllers. I've been trading them in 4 a month for 4 months so I don't get trade banned. This whole time, could I have been trading in 4 of each color? 4 white controllers plus 4 black ones plus 4 red ones etc?

I had to pass on a bunch of B2G1 retro carts due to funds and time. Should have money for the 3 for $15 at least. In store only, unfortunately (page 10 of ad), so I may be out of luck retro-wise.

So I need someone to confirm I've been stupid for several months now... A few months back I came into a lot of 30ish xbox one controllers. I've been trading them in 4 a month for 4 months so I don't get trade banned. This whole time, could I have been trading in 4 of each color? 4 white controllers plus 4 black ones plus 4 red ones etc?
Yes, as long as they ring up as different SKUs you should be fine doing 4 of each color. Make sure the sales associate puts in the right colors in the system. All it takes is one slip up on their end to get you banned for going over 4.

It says cash same as credit on hardware and tech. Does not say games.
Looking up game trade values, credit and cash values are showing the same, so it appears to be valid for games. Accessories as well. Although, always a chance it doesn't work properly instore despite the site and app showing the value based on recent issues.

the 50% is probably legit but only in the state(s) that won't allow the 'cash same as credit' promos - this is what we usually see.  The initial 50% ad probably was just handled poorly (shocking) and meant only for the markets without csac.

I got trade banned Saturday night, so my girlfriend traded my last stack yesterday with a PUR Pro account I signed up for last month. We got the 800 points for buying Crash Team Racing, but no points for the trades. I DID get points for all of my trades on my Elite account from Saturday, so it looks like new accounts go by the new terms of no points for trades. I'll update if I end up seeing them.

the 50% is probably legit but only in the state(s) that won't allow the 'cash same as credit' promos - this is what we usually see. The initial 50% ad probably was just handled poorly (shocking) and meant only for the markets without csac.
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm actually thinking about just dumping most of my stuff during this cash for trade promo instead of waiting for a 50% credit promotion. Reason being, I feel like I picked up everything I wanted within the last month to add to my 600+ backlog. The only game-related purchase I can foresee in the next 18 months is Sekiro, Nier, and a next gen system at launch.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm actually thinking about just dumping most of my stuff during this cash for trade promo instead of waiting for a 50% credit promotion. Reason being, I feel like I picked up everything I wanted within the last month to add to my 600+ backlog. The only game-related purchase I can foresee in the next 18 months is Sekiro, Nier, and a next gen system at launch.
I've been clearing everything out, too. I'm just looking to get Pokemon, FFVIIR, and Cyberpunk 2077 over the next year and a half. I'll probably pick up the new switch revisions and next gen as well.

Never played a KH game, can I jump right into 3 or will I be lost? Needed a 3rd game last night and went with it.
KH3 has some videos you can watch to catch you up, but the series is very confusing regardless. The first two games don't hold up as well IMO either so if you are going to play a Kingdom Hearts game I'd recommend starting with 3. I played the first two and was confused by 3 still and ended up trading my copy in before beating it. I am considering picking it up again for $20, but I feel like I could wait and maybe get it a little cheaper when I am ready to start playing it again.

Does anyone have the list of exclusions for the csac stores? Can't remember where to find it. Also, if the 50% is live at those stores, I wonder if it does count for games and if you actually have to buy something to trigger it. Very confusing when they do this.

I've been clearing everything out, too. I'm just looking to get Pokemon, FFVIIR, and Cyberpunk 2077 over the next year and a half. I'll probably pick up the new switch revisions and next gen as well.
Oh yeah, forgot about Cyberpunk. But now that I think about, I don't plan on getting any new releases at launch besides Borderlands 3 and Animal Crossing (the latter of which I can use my eShop credit on). So I think I might be able to hold out until Black Friday 2020/whenever the new consoles launch.

Does anyone have the list of exclusions for the csac stores? Can't remember where to find it. Also, if the 50% is live at those stores, I wonder if it does count for games and if you actually have to buy something to trigger it. Very confusing when they do this.
I could've swore I saved the list as a spreadsheet in my Dropbox or something, but I can't seem to locate it...

They changed it again. The cash values are not the same as trade in values, on games (they were, this morning).

The app is. The website is not. Weird huh.
I just refreshed the app, and all my saved trades for games (not hardware) are showing lower values for cash now.

What a whirlwind! Spent all that time calculating at 50%/70% bonus based on the banner, then interpreting the worthiness of the cash values instead, to now just sitting on my pile of games. I got played.

Never played a KH game, can I jump right into 3 or will I be lost? Needed a 3rd game last night and went with it.
You'll be lost regardless. The story is convoluted rubbish whether you have played all the past games or have started with 3. If you pick up KH3 just do so casually and enjoy simple gameplay and the disney feels.

I thought I saw somewhere on CAG that COD WWII was $9.97 new at Game Stop starting Sunday?  But I can't find it now.  It is $9.97 used and $19.99 new.  Did I imagine it?

Got no bonus for trading towards a preowned game

Ended up with a sealed copy of the division 2
In tx btw sorry was leaving the parking lot. There was an accident.

Traded in 2 games tried to get used kingdom hearts 3 it rang up with no bonus I said never mind n I got the division 2 instead....also was charged $4 for that Skyrim scratched disc not bad

They changed it again. The cash values are not the same as trade in values, on games (they were, this morning).
^THIS. Went to Gamestop to trade in some 3ds games I was hanging on to. They got the email from corporate around noon central time. Only works for consoles now like the ad said. Sadly missed out. :(

^THIS. Went to Gamestop to trade in some 3ds games I was hanging on to. They got the email from corporate around noon central time. Only works for consoles now like the ad said. Sadly missed out. :(
I wonder if their systems were actually programmed with the cash trade same values for the few hours this morning, or if it was just reflecting via their website and app.

CSAC on systems a no go in Cali...I guess their system isn't compensating for us at all? I know they haven't given bonus trade on systems before but maybe theres a chance.

Damn this sounds like a mess. Stocked up again with the possibility of a 50% but now I'm wondering if I should just return everything I don't want. C'mon gamestop!

So what happens to the games converted to pre owned? Hidden in the back/shelves? And are the prices the pre owned price you see on the app? I’d actually check to see if I have any luck
They are stickered as preowned & put into the preowned section of the drawers. If it’s the only copy then the case is put into the used section.

Many times a game converted is the only copy a store has, but there are times like SotTR Croft Edition where a store has a bunch left. Just ask politely to see the cases on their selection of used SotTR.

They are stickered as preowned & put into the preowned section of the drawers. If it’s the only copy then the case is put into the used section.

Many times a game converted is the only copy a store has, but there are times like SotTR Croft Edition where a store has a bunch left. Just ask politely to see the cases on their selection of used SotTR.
And sometimes you get lucky and get sealed copies.

Scored an AC Oddysey steelbook with a copy in store this week. And got a brand freaking new Persona 5 steelbook edition with one of my online order.

Scored an AC Oddysey steelbook with a copy in store this week. And got a brand freaking new Persona 5 steelbook edition with one of my online order.
Damn that's a nice score. Hoping a store nearby has the Croft Edition steelbook still sealed. Can't believe I missed that sku conversion, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back