2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a PS4. I have an original Xbox one. GameStop is running a promo where if I trade in the Xbox One for a PS4 Slim I get $125 credit to use on the PS4, making its cost for me $175. Is this a good deal?

I think they were talking about the COD: WWII Valor Collection that does not include the game:

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-wwii-valor-collection/152125
Call of Duty: WWII Valor Collection includes:

• Call of Duty: WWII Exclusive Statue
  • Call of Duty: WWII Standard Edition Game
  • Complete Set of In-Game Division Patches (Infantry, Airborne, Mountain, Armored, Expeditionary)
  • Collectible Nazi Zombies Bloodraven Sword Pin
  • Exclusive Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies 24" x 36" Poster

I want a PS4. I have an original Xbox one. GameStop is running a promo where if I trade in the Xbox One for a PS4 Slim I get $125 credit to use on the PS4, making its cost for me $175. Is this a good deal?
Good that you're getting $125 for a xb1. Bad that you then have to pay $175 for a ps4. For that price you could get a used one off of Facebook, Craigslist, etc.

Call of Duty: WWII Valor Collection includes:

• Call of Duty: WWII Exclusive Statue
  • Call of Duty: WWII Standard Edition Game
  • Complete Set of In-Game Division Patches (Infantry, Airborne, Mountain, Armored, Expeditionary)
  • Collectible Nazi Zombies Bloodraven Sword Pin
  • Exclusive Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies 24" x 36" Poster
uugghh... my brain must have been taking a vacation this morning

uugghh... my brain must have been taking a vacation this morning
From my understanding, the retailer had the option to include the game with it or not. I looked into this and looked up some unboxing videos on it last night and that's what one of the people mentioned and theirs didn't have the game inside from release.

I'm literally being bitched at by a friend for being a CHEAP ASS GAMER

Long story short, bought a used game under a week ago and completed it within a couple days so I was going to return it for the full refund.

Friend found out, and is now giving me an ear full, saying I am defrauding Gamestop, and I do it more than other customers, and that I should be ashamed of myself.. he doesn't feel right associating with me.

(He's manager of produce at a local Target)

Long story short, bought a used game under a week ago and completed it within a couple days so I was going to return it for the full refund.

Friend found out, and is now giving me an ear full, saying I am defrauding Gamestop, and I do it more than other customers, and that I should be ashamed of myself.. he doesn't feel right associating with me.

Go to Target, buy some apples and trade them back in with the 50% produce bonus towards a B2G1 on the oranges

I see your friend's point. I wouldn't call it defrauding, however. It's an abuse of the rule/policy and is obviously not what it was meant for.

It's how most of us feel when we find out billion dollar corps like Amazon and Nike pay no federal taxes. Sure, it's within the rules but not what probably intended by the rulemakers. Although in the case of our lobbyist run government, it probably was.

So 17 of my 30 games came in so far. 3 switch games without cases, luckily I had back ups for these titles. Got a Vita game Disgaea4 complete which was surprising. world ends, snk heroines and sushi all came in brand new, not display copies so another win.

Today shipment also included: RE2, Division 2, My hero one's justice, Code of princess ex, captain toad, re7 gold, BOTW, Oddessy, NSMBUD, SMP, Yoshi crafted world.

Can't wait for the next SB 50% promo, gonna make a killing again.

It's grimy but I've done some grimy things too 🤷‍♂️

I see your friend's point. I wouldn't call it defrauding, however. It's an abuse of the rule/policy and is obviously not what it was meant for.

It's how most of us feel when we find out billion dollar corps like Amazon and Nike pay no federal taxes. Sure, it's within the rules but not what probably intended by the rulemakers. Although in the case of our lobbyist run government, it probably was.
It's grimy but I've done some grimy things too ‍♂
Well they even encourage it, always reminding you of the 7 day policy.
I remember back home, the managers and I used to joke about how Gamestop is America's most expensive rental store.

He felt it was even bad just trading it in so soon after purchasing it.

Granted, same friend feels it's too much work to walk to a store next door to the store he's going to (less than 50 ft) to save $10 on a game, and feels I am too anal about it.

and, he felt it was too much work to get Nintendo to transfer his digital library to his new 3DS, after he had his last one stolen. He had his 3DS lost/stolen a total of 3 times, and rebought his entire library each time...
(Sorry ranting)

Yea but he gets a new one? That’s a good deal. Even Black Friday will be $200 at lowest
I hear ya, but that's kind of my point. There are different parts of the year where you can get a new one for $200 without trading a system. Seems silly to pay almost that plus lose your xb1. But that's just my opinion.

Anybody order and receive their orders for the 2ds's and elite controller? Just wondering what the condition of the Elite controller you received.

Anybody order and receive their orders for the 2ds's and elite controller? Just wondering what the condition of the Elite controller you received.
I received my white xbox elite controller. I haven't tried mine yet but I will later today. It came with the case and all the parts. It looks to be in great shape.

I received my white xbox elite controller. I haven't tried mine yet but I will later today. It came with the case and all the parts. It looks to be in great shape.
Good to hear. I hope mine arrives in the same shape as yours. I wasn't expecting it to come with the case. That's great

I received my black Elite controller today, also with the case and all parts. I never used an Elite controller before, so I'm not sure what I should check on it to make sure it is in fact in good shape.

Also received a Super Mario Maker 2DS and NES Classic; both look to be in great shape, and the NES came with a brand new HDMI cable (still sealed in a Monoprice bag).

I received my black Elite controller today, also with the case and all parts. I never used an Elite controller before, so I'm not sure what I should check on it to make sure it is in fact in good shape.

Also received a Super Mario Maker 2DS and NES Classic; both look to be in great shape, and the NES came with a brand new HDMI cable (still sealed in a Monoprice bag).
Do the bumpers (LB/RB) work?
Are the rubber grips coming apart?

Just received my 2 2DS systems and white elite controller. The Elite controller came with the original box and everything besides the USB cord and batteries. At first I thought it may have been a brand new one that they converted to pre owned for some reason since there was a "New" sticker behind the "pre owned sticker". Also I ordered 2 crystal red 2DS systems, and one of them arrived as the white / red one, lmao.

Well they even encourage it, always reminding you of the 7 day policy.
I remember back home, the managers and I used to joke about how Gamestop is America's most expensive rental store.

He felt it was even bad just trading it in so soon after purchasing it.

Granted, same friend feels it's too much work to walk to a store next door to the store he's going to (less than 50 ft) to save $10 on a game, and feels I am too anal about it.

and, he felt it was too much work to get Nintendo to transfer his digital library to his new 3DS, after he had his last one stolen. He had his 3DS lost/stolen a total of 3 times, and rebought his entire library each time...
(Sorry ranting)
your friend sounds like a lil bitsch. when i was 14 my local gamestop employee would want us trading in games within the week so we could tell him what was good or not. cool dude. he got fired for selling mature games to kids lol. he gave absolutely no fucks. also instead of field destroying shit he would leave it on the floor next to the trash for us. wonder what became of him... his coworker who started around the same time became regional manager or some bs like that. he was such a lil phagget, always complaining about everything and watching you like a hawk.

your friend sounds like a lil bitsch. when i was 14 my local gamestop employee would want us trading in games within the week so we could tell him what was good or not. cool dude. he got fired for selling mature games to kids lol. he gave absolutely no fucks. also instead of field destroying shit he would leave it on the floor next to the trash for us. wonder what became of him... his coworker who started around the same time became regional manager or some bs like that. he was such a lil phagget, always complaining about everything and watching you like a hawk.
Was this last year?

OK this is weird.  I have a bunch of GBA games in my cart, and one DS game.  My Elite Pro and CAG16 are applying to everything BUT the DS game.  Wtf....

Anyone else get a Frankenstein’d Elite controller? I’m guessing mine was a refurbished black controller that got a white faceplate. Looks pretty cool. I think I’m probably better off with this than something that was traded into a store and then sent directly out.

OK this is weird. I have a bunch of GBA games in my cart, and one DS game. My Elite Pro and CAG16 are applying to everything BUT the DS game. Wtf....
Have you tried checking out? That usually means it's out of stock if it doesn't show the discounts. I hate that there's like a good 20-30 min delay from when an item goes out of stock to the add to cart button being greyed out for it.

Any idea why I seemingly randomly get free edge shipping? I can’t figure out how to recreate it. BTW I don’t have any sort of special membership..

My "free" elite controller came in today also. It came in the original carrying case with all the bits. Only thing missing was the usb cord, tho I don't think GS requires that to trade it in..

Any idea why I seemingly randomly get free edge shipping? I can’t figure out how to recreate it. BTW I don’t have any sort of special membership..
I was wondering that too, made an order after the sale went live and got it today, but also had free Edge shipping show on mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ugh. My Elite runs out end of September and I'm definitely not renewing if the new Pro takes effect everywhere. The more I read about it the more it just seems awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back