2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out they put the 50% trade credit signage up by mistake. It's not valid at this store. But since they had already entered in all 24 games I brought, they gave it to me anyways

One of the 360 games I ordered during the B2G1 on Sunday came Thursday scratched to absolute hell on top not to mention multiple shit-looking stains on the disc.

Didnt even bother putting it in and called up GS for an exchange and the Indian guy who answered offered a full exchange with overnight shipping, and said I'd get a confirmation email in 24 hours.

48 hours later and still no confirmation email. Should I call again? It was weird that when I asked him at the end what I should do with my shit copy, he said "keep it".

Unrelated to this but in the same order I had to order a *NEW* copy of NHL 18 for $5 to get free shipping, and not only did it not come NEW, or even gutted, it came completely used.

It should be valid

It just starts tomorrow and not today
That could be, but when he got off the phone with someone else to ask about it, he said it was only supposed to be in stores that dont have the CSAC on tech promo. If it really is live tomorrow thats good because I got tired of digging through my games today, so I could find another pile to take in this week.

I'm glad the 3 for $15 on $9.99 and under is still going for at least another week, and there's a lot of stuff on sale for $9.99. Wouldn't mind picking up Dragonball Xenoverse, Halo 5, Mad Max, Prey, and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $4 each after Elite Pro.

Does elite pro stack with "GET 50% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT ON GAMES WITH PURCHASE OF ANY PRE-OWNED PRODUCTS"

$20 figures and replicas could be interesting, anybody know the category numbers for most efficient search?
I think this is it, the items are actually $19.99 online vs. $20.00.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/collectibles/collectibles?nav=16k-3-clerarance,2b50,28-xp0,1398-c5-162-3c

Seems like some of the same stuff that was part of the $10 sale, not seeing much of anything interesting in-stock around me. Hold for pick-up doesn't seem to be available, maybe due them being clearance items.

EDIT: it looks like more items are showing up now and hold appears to be active now

GS's site is screwed up right now. As the ad isn't displaying right. Here's the PDF version: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/071419/pdf/OLFSI_071419.pdf

I'm glad the 3 for $15 on $9.99 and under is still going for at least another week, and there's a lot of stuff on sale for $9.99. Wouldn't mind picking up Dragonball Xenoverse, Halo 5, Mad Max, Prey, and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $4 each after Elite Pro.
Just noticed when you try to look up which store has copies, it's showing as an online only price. So not sure if the stores will actually have them for that price.

I think this is it, the items are actually $19.99 online vs. $20.00.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/collectibles/collectibles?nav=16k-3-clerarance,2b50,28-xp0,1398-c5-162-3c

Seems like some of the same stuff that was part of the $10 sale, not seeing much of anything interesting in-stock around me. Hold for pick-up doesn't seem to be available, maybe due them being clearance items.

EDIT: it looks like more items are showing up now and hold appears to be active now
Thanks dude!!!! I was able to put some holds in before the gs site broke, off to sleep now, gotta wake early to see if I can actually get any cool stuff.

Site shit itself the second I wanted to just check stock on two statues. They're probably not even in stock and would take all of 5 seconds to confirm. . .FFS it's any wonder they're still in business at all.

GS employees must absolutely laugh their asses off when they see overweight BO ridden adults put in overnight holds on action figures

Site shit itself the second I wanted to just check stock on two statues. They're probably not even in stock and would take all of 5 seconds to confirm. . .FFS it's any wonder they're still in business at all.
Yeah, decided to buy Reaper and Widowmaker before something fucky happened. Went to log in and got stuck in infinite loops until it crashed. I'm gonna be so damn salty if they sell out, I love collecting Figma's and Nendo's

The stupid mobile app is even more busted. Lets you log in, and the moment you try to check out it boots you

Website is trash, app works better but you can't log in. I had almost no issues checking out as a guest for Reaper & that digimon figure. Missed out on points and had to pay $6 standard shipping.

Gotta love the 'get X% when trading toward a preowned item!' sales. 'Wow, you traded in $600 worth of credit, what would you like to do with it?' 'Yes thank you, I'll take this $.99 DS game please' lol

Finally got a fucking order in for the Reaper Figma and the Alphamon figure. I think Widowmaker sold out sadly but if I can atleast get these I'll be happy

I hope the TIV hold from yesterday my son was dumping a lot of $5-$10 games to get Mario Maker 2 and some extra Joy-Cons now his $180 worth of stuff might be worth $270.

put in widowmaker and reaper shipping orders right away to avoid site crash, never was able to get the plasma rifle to put in a hold despite it showing as in stock at a buncha stores, just immediately pops me an error processing instead of we got your hold

Thanks, like 5+ stores had the Fallout Rifle so I put orders in. Also 2 had the Mei Snowball. Though I'm sure someone else already beat me to the punch
yeah I wish I'd seen the snowball figure sooner, completely glossed over it. Site refuses to give me a hold confirmation on the rifle or snowball at this point for whatever reason, tried a regular game and it worked so who knows

edit: switched to firefox and it started working again, maybe they do cookie tracking who knows

yeah I wish I'd seen the snowball figure sooner, completely glossed over it. Site refuses to give me a hold confirmation on the rifle or snowball at this point for whatever reason, tried a regular game and it worked so who knows

edit: switched to firefox and it started working again, maybe they do cookie tracking who knows
Have you tried on mobile? The desktop site isnt working at all for me but placing holds on mobile is actually sending me confirmation emails

Also I swear it seems like all of the badass $200+ Statues and figures are in stock like 60+ miles away.

Have you tried on mobile? The desktop site isnt working at all for me but placing holds on mobile is actually sending me confirmation emails
desktop has been fine for me, for some reason switching to Firefox made holds start working again, not sure why. They do some pretty aggressive filtering on their backend now so maybe it flagged me for making so many requests for holds and was tying it to my UA, oh well. Put in a couple holds for snowball hope I can get it be a nice work prop, and the plasma rifle will look nice with the pistol i got from thinkgeek during their thing

edit: and now im getting errors in firefox. Who knows, maybe the site is just still falling apart as usual or something

edit: got a cancel on a freddie glove

I always wonder on the cancellations before the store is even open, considering gamestop.com delists the store after someone places the hold how does the item magically disappear, is their stock keeping really that bad?

Managed to find stores with the Megaman Roll and Sora Nendoroids, really hoping those two go through. Though if I can atleast get one of those Plasma Rifles I'll be really happy, especially since all the stores are like within 30 minutes

Also, I've checked this page and I haven't found a forum for statues, collectible or figures. I know this is cheapassGAMER but there are still some NONE gamer forums (ie Blu-Ray/DVD). Any chance we will see a forum for such a thing like collectibles? Sometimes I just don't want to check my twitter or IG page all the time for deals for such things. Just a suggestion of course :)

Was able to login to the iOS app for the first time in like six months. No missing rewards (well besides trade ins not counting anymore).

getting my Gamestop emails started now

so far I got a confirmed snowball and genji sword, one store cancelled a reaper request

So are we thinking we might see a bump next week or nah? Really don't want the rest of these switch values to tank if I wait on trading stuff. I have no idea why BotW is so low now.

So are we thinking we might see a bump next week or nah? Really don't want the rest of these switch values to tank if I wait on trading stuff. I have no idea why BotW is so low now.
The last bump we had ended on July 1st, so I wouldn't expect one until the 26th or Aug. 2nd. The last 2 bumps before the July bump didn't even include Switch games, so there is that.

"A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush."

I am trading my switch games today. I am afraid that they all might tank to BotW's value.

Just got a cancel on a Snowball but it doesn’t list which store it was so I have no idea which holds I still have pending.
I stand corrected, my cancellations do not show a store, that's kinda dumb.

I got confirms on an extra Reaper, multiple Genji swords but I'm only picking one up, multiple Snowballs but only picking one up, a Freddie Krueger glove, Mario nendoroid, and a Plasma Rifle. Still waiting to see on some widowmaker requests

Is it 50% extra on top of %20 elite? Or 50% extra with elite included? The offers say only 20% for the preorder bonus, so possibly it's 70% for elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back