2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The offer is the first one on GameStop.com/trade. Expires on Saturday
Right on. I see it now, so I'll have to buy some cheap pre-owned game to get the additional 50% it looks like which is fine. Need to get rid of Anthem before it drops more. Thought they'd possibly turn that game around and bought it for $20 and they have not turned it around and the game is pretty much dead at this point.

Does anybody know if Gamestop is releasing Ultimate Alliance 3 tonight?
Probably not. Since the game is being published by Nintendo. For whatever reason Nintendo typically has a hardline on releasing their games before midnight and Gamestop no longer does midnight releases and instead do the 9pm est. releases. My store also usually call everyone to let them know if they are doing a late night release and I have not received a call. I am going to go pay my pre-order off tonight though so maybe I will get lucky and walk away with the game tonight too.

I may be totally late on this but why is the og phat PS2 trading for more than a slim ps2, or even more than an 80gb PS3 at the moment?

Stonks.

To the person talking about selling fees they have times where there are none like this current month for 5 items. If you use ebay like you say then you shouldn't be omitting information. I am aware that the period for this month has already passed of course.
Usually, when you call someone out for "if you use ebay like you SAY" you should really reply to them so that they can respond. I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times. I don't have any ZERO selling fee offer for 5 items.

Do you mean save 50% on selling fees on 5 items over $50 if listed before July 20th? Because I have that one. How many current gen used video games can be sold for more than $50. So it doesn't apply whatsoever to what we were discussing in here. And it just goes from 10% to 5% eBay selling fees. Yes, it is nice, but it's maybe once a month. And it is always always always $50, $100, or more items. It never will apply to a $30 or $40 video game. And 5% selling fee saved from my previous example, Resident Evil 2, would still be LOWER on eBay than trading in to GameStop this week. It's sad, really.

Any other questions testing whether I actually know my eBay shit?

Usually, when you call someone out for "if you use ebay like you SAY" you should really reply to them so that they can respond. I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times. I don't have any ZERO selling fee offer for 5 items.

Do you mean save 50% on selling fees on 5 items over $50 if listed before July 20th? Because I have that one. How many current gen used video games can be sold for more than $50. So it doesn't apply whatsoever to what we were discussing in here. And it just goes from 10% to 5% eBay selling fees. Yes, it is nice, but it's maybe once a month. And it is always always always $50, $100, or more items. It never will apply to a $30 or $40 video game. And 5% selling fee saved from my previous example, Resident Evil 2, would still be LOWER on eBay than trading in to GameStop this week. It's sad, really.

You definitely know your shit. I spent about 3 hours this week looking up the values of a bunch of my games on gamestops trade-in site. I compared that value to the current price on ebay, minus $4 for shipping, and the 13% in fees and if it was even close, I took it to gamestop. Out of the hundred and hundreds of games I want to sell, I found 31 that were worth taking to GS. Okay, so now I'm stuck with $300+ in trade credit. What am i going to do with that? well if i was desperate for the cash i could use it on gift cards for BK, Taco Bell, Uber, Subway, whatever...basically same as cash. But i use it on the 3 for $15 sales, B2G1, the clearance collectibles, the occasional game that isn't priced at market value for some reason, etc. Ebay, GS, pricecharting, facebook, offerup...all different tools for selling under different circumstances.

And, my elite has paid for itself ten times over at least. actually, $1135 this year according to the last receipt. I'm going to cry when my Elite expires.

I may be totally late on this but why is the og phat PS2 trading for more than a slim ps2, or even more than an 80gb PS3 at the moment?

Stonks.
If it's the same situation as it was a couple years ago, they're just shipping them off to China to have the gold stripped from the processor and such.

" I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times."

I wasn't aware it was one of those user targeted specific offers and is apparently not common since you and another poster both mentioned having not gotten one.  I get them semi frequently for whatever reason..

Here's a link to the image in question.  https://i.redd.it/cu1w1qdfnc931.jpg

If you two are done being all  :bomb:  now.

Is there a reason my pro b2g1 expired so fast (within a month) I read another Reddit post his coupon doesn't expire for 2 months since he renewed this month. Could I email GameStop and would they issue me another coupon?

Is there a reason my pro b2g1 expired so fast (within a month) I read another Reddit post his coupon doesn't expire for 2 months since he renewed this month. Could I email GameStop and would they issue me another coupon?
If GameStop responded to emails with any regularity then you might have a shot. You'd have better luck calling or on Twitter

I signed back up on June 28th and the coupon is good until the end of September. On a side note I have done 3 of the 3 for $15 and each time they have tried to add the coupon without me telling them to. I keep having to explain that it is cheaper if I do not use the coupon. One guy was arguing with me that it would be better to use it. Do they get credit for getting you to use your active offers now? I miss the days where you had more controll over your active offers and you had to fight to them to scan your phone.

" I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times."

I wasn't aware it was one of those user targeted specific offers and is apparently not common since you and another poster both mentioned having not gotten one. I get them semi frequently for whatever reason..

Here's a link to the image in question. https://i.redd.it/cu1w1qdfnc931.jpg

If you two are done being all :bomb: now.
First, learn to quote someone when you're replying to them. Like so:

Second...no. You can't just come in and accuse someone else of omitting information, then when you get called on it, put up a picture and claim it as evidence when said picture has none of the terms or even the active dates. You know, the important information.

Not very likely since there is no most wanted game list for july but with gamestop I guess anything is possible.
I think we agree with each other that prices won't go up. "Reverse bump" being when prices go down. I don't know when we started calling it this. I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

Didn't the stealth bump/drop move to the last weekend of the month these past couple months? If that's the new trend, it wouldn't be happening until next week.

Second...no. You can't just come in and accuse someone else of omitting information, then when you get called on it, put up a picture and claim it as evidence when said picture has none of the terms or even the active dates. You know, the important information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate Offer” on the Promotion landing page. The Promotional discount applies to final value fees only; Insertion fees, optional listing upgrade fees, and payments processing fees may apply.

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then list during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will pay no final value fees (“Promotional Rate”) for up to five (5) sales that are (i) listed during the Promotion Period (the “Promotion”) and (ii) sold before the listing is automatically renewed for Fixed Price and Buy It Now listings or during the first listing period for auction-style listings.

Discounted final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale is the amount the buyer pays, including any shipping and handling charges. Sales tax is not included in the calculation. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. View the everyday rate plan for full details.

Who’s eligible?
The Promotion is available to Sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the Promotion in the email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
The Promotion will begin on Mo‌nd‌ay, Ju‌ly 1, 2‌01‌9 at 0‌0:0‌0:0‌1 PT (1‌2:0‌0AM plus one s‌eco‌n‌d), and will end on W‌ed‌nes‌da‌y, Ju‌ly 1‌0, 20‌19, at 2‌3:5‌9:5‌9 PT (1‌1:5‌9 PM plus 5‌9 s‌ec‌on‌ds), for listings on www.ebay.com (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion, and then create listings on the US site at www.ebay.com through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Please note that the discount may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the “Seller Account” section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.
• The following categories are excluded from the Promotion: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles; Motorcycles; Boats; Power Sports; Other Vehicles; Motors Local Market; Real Estate; Classified Ad listings; Heavy Equipment; Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts; Commercial Printing Presses; Coins & Paper Money; and Gift Cards & Coupons.
• The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Period.
• Auction-style listings created during the Promotion Period must sell within the first listing period to be eligible for the Promotion; Fixed Price and Buy It Now listings must sell before the listing is automatically renewed.
• Relists or renewals that occur outside of the Promotion Period will not qualify for the Promotion.
• This Promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com.
• All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
• Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in two categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees and payments processing fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.

I linked the image so you could look it up yourselves but it didn't have the terms included in the google image link so here's the text from it.

As for "getting called on it" You two were acting as if I was making up the targeted offer. Whether it being a user specific offer or not there should be record of it somewhere and you couldn't be bothered to find it via google. I posted the image and you could have looked up the terms relevant yourselves instead of having to post them here and clutter the thread.

Ultimately it's moot as neither of you mentioned that ebay does in fact offer discounts until I brought it up. Some may be targeted offers but that's neither here nor there. You knowingly omitted information.

May be a long shot but if anyone has a gamestop near them with the Bravo Team VR Aim bundle that they clearanced out for $50 a couple months back I be mighty grateful if I could compensate you for the item shipping and time. I need it to complete the set. Heck I'd even buy just the box if possible.

May be a long shot but if anyone has a gamestop near them with the Bravo Team VR Aim bundle that they clearanced out for $50 a couple months back I be mighty grateful if I could compensate you for the item shipping and time. I need it to complete the set. Heck I'd even buy just the box if possible.
This store has one, possibly. Popped up when I went to search as I'm on a VPN that pings in OK. I am actually in CT. Could you do a ship to store thing, maybe?

Owasso Market
12401 E 96TH ST N
Owasso, OK 74055

[...]

I linked the image so you could look it up yourselves but it didn't have the terms included in the google image link so here's the text from it.

As for "getting called on it" You two were acting as if I was making up the targeted offer. Whether it being a user specific offer or not there should be record of it somewhere and you couldn't be bothered to find it via google. I posted the image and you could have looked up the terms relevant yourselves instead of having to post them here and clutter the thread.

Ultimately it's moot as neither of you mentioned that ebay does in fact offer discounts until I brought it up. Some may be targeted offers but that's neither here nor there. You knowingly omitted information.

EDIT: Just looking it up, the last instance I can find of them offering zero FVF at all was back in 2015, and that was specifically for some European sellers. So even if you saw something rare like that in your messages, it's definitely not a regular thing and therefore irrelevant, anyway.
It doesn't work to accuse someone of being too lazy to use Google when said person opened with what results they got when they used Google. That was, in fact, one of the first things I did when I saw your original post. I even looked it up again after you posted the image, but still the closest I could find was this from back in 2013. Everything else I got was about the crash sale, how-to guides, policy changes, coupon sites, or the 50% offer gldndomer and I mentioned earlier. But you did finally post some actual information on it, so I'll accept that you didn't make it up.

Still doesn't change the hypocrisy of you trying to get away with that image, though.

And it's still irrelevant. A promotion so rare that nobody else in the thread even knew it happened? Come on, man. It being targeted is most definitely relevant as that means it's not something you can even count on being included in when it's offered, much less that it'll be offered at all, meaning it's not reasonable to normally include when calculating your potential profit. And that was the whole point of the discussion. Sure, it's a nice bonus when you happen to get it, but it's not so guaranteed that it should be taken for granted. Generally it's more like the 50% promotion, which at least doesn't seem to have been so targeted as more than one of us in this thread have gotten it, but that doesn't even apply to the games being discussed, so why would it need to be brought up? That's like saying gldndomer omitted information in his calculation by not bringing up that you get a lower FVF rate if you're selling a truck. eBay might offer discount promotions, but when those promotions are either a. too targeted to reliably be able to get in on, or b. always with restrictions that disqualify your items, of course they won't be included in the general math.

If you really can't tell the difference between "knowingly omitted information" and "ignored irrelevant information", then this discussion is over.

This store has one, possibly. Popped up when I went to search as I'm on a VPN that pings in OK. I am actually in CT. Could you do a ship to store thing, maybe?

Owasso Market
12401 E 96TH ST N
Owasso, OK 74055
Hey thanks for checking for me. I tried calling twice and no one has picked up the phone. Oh well, worth the shot.

I, for one, am hoping this is the case
Yeah, sorry. Started drifting way off-topic there.

Anyway, retro bump. Even with the 50% those values don't look too fantastic unless you have some scuffed-up disc-only copies of some of the games (would the 50% still trigger if your game gets hit with one of the $0 refurb fees?) that you wouldn't be able to sell elsewhere, anyway. Somebody else mentioned Pokemon Emerald, and that's the one that sticks out the most to me, too. Mine has a damaged label, so I probably wouldn't be able to get much more for it somewhere else than trading it in to GS with the boosts.

Some of them are straight-up jokes, though. $22 base for Mega Man X2? Who are you kidding with that?

EDIT: wait a minute. That code's for June. Is this even an active bump?

Yeah, sorry. Started drifting way off-topic there.

Anyway, retro bump. Even with the 50% those values don't look too fantastic unless you have some scuffed-up disc-only copies of some of the games (would the 50% still trigger if your game gets hit with one of the $0 refurb fees?) that you wouldn't be able to sell elsewhere, anyway. Somebody else mentioned Pokemon Emerald, and that's the one that sticks out the most to me, too. Mine has a damaged label, so I probably wouldn't be able to get much more for it somewhere else than trading it in to GS with the boosts.

Some of them are straight-up jokes, though. $22 base for Mega Man X2? Who are you kidding with that?

EDIT: wait a minute. That code's for June. Is this even an active bump?
If the label is badly damaged, they're not supposed to take it in for trade

They're advertising the MWT for retro on the site and that's the code. I didn't check the values to see because I don't care enough

Can anyone tell me if there are items I can purchase with a points redemption certificate that I can't buy with trade credit? Debating cashing in points for Ultimate Alliance 3

Luckily my GameStop has a new employee that doesn't hassle me whenever I get something on clearance or use one of the promos. I forgot what its like to not have to argue with GameStop employees. The other nearest GameStop wouldn't accept my trade-in because one of the games still had shrink wrap, refused to sell me clearance statues, always cancels my store pickups and automatically applies my credits when I don't ask.

Southeast Missouri, from what I gathered my store is going to be a test store for a lot of the new business tactics. They have little flyers at the checkout that has some of the price match policy on them. If I head back that way today I'll try to grab one and post a pic.
Wish St. Louis was the test market like it was for PowerUp Rewards back in 2010. Fun fact, the southeastern MO stores are in the same GS district as all the locations over a hundred miles away in south St. Louis county, Jefferson County, & Manchester/Eureka/Washington.

Luckily my GameStop has a new employee that doesn't hassle me whenever I get something on clearance or use one of the promos. I forgot what its like to not have to argue with GameStop employees. The other nearest GameStop wouldn't accept my trade-in because one of the games still had shrink wrap, refused to sell me clearance statues, always cancels my store pickups and automatically applies my credits when I don't ask.
The guys at my gamestops know me well, know i'm not trading in stolen stuff, and they still won't take shrinkwrapped games from me. I don't take it personally though. Its a rule they have to follow.

Southeast Missouri, from what I gathered my store is going to be a test store for a lot of the new business tactics. They have little flyers at the checkout that has some of the price match policy on them. If I head back that way today I'll try to grab one and post a pic.
Wish St. Louis was the test market like it was for PowerUp Rewards back in 2010. Fun fact, the southeastern MO stores are in the same GS district as all the locations over a hundred miles away in south St. Louis county, Jefferson County, & Manchester/Eureka/Washington.

Debating on trading in Nier so I can get upgrade to the Game of the Yoruba edition but not sure if it’s worth it. Also really surprised how high Secret of Mana TIV is right now.

Can I trade my power up rewards for Xbox gift card?

[meaning use the certificates from the power up rewards program to purchase a xbox live gift card (so I can buy digital games)]

Here is the little cardboard insert they are putting out in the store. Only good on new games, local competitors only.[attachment=32500:20190719_181637.jpg]

Can I trade my power up rewards for Xbox gift card?
You absolutely can. I used GameStop -> Xbox credit to buy an Xbox One X when they were on sale earlier in the year.

Edit: I'm dumb. I thought you were talking about credit. Ignore me :whee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back