2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
helo every1 im new here i was at gamestop in silver spring md and i bringed my games and they telled me the 50% was over after sat and i telled them it sayed so on web and they telled me i t was mistka. so i bringed the games home and i mite just wait but y is horizon zero dawn goty edt no longer on stelth bonus list.... i was going 2 trade it in but i forgeted it last time iwent so i thuogh no prob ill jus bring it next time but now its not going 2 be on sttelth bonus list.. sory 2 use bad lnaguage but i was a dumba** 4 doing that oh well u lose sum u win sum.
YTMND!

I listen to the podcast too and have always thoroughly enjoyed the magazine. It has a lot of good features that are still relevant even if it’s a print publication that arrives via a snail mail.

Years ago before I even realized the GS trade deals I’d buy a PUR membership just for Game Informer.
I like the podcast and magazine as well. I remember the worst game magazine I ever read was the best buy one for gcu.

Did well on that 50% bump, I wish I had more time to put stuff together to get more out of it though.  I'll probably just try and bank more credit for awhile and hope for a Black Friday VR deal.

Will 50% trade in bonus stack with 20% from preorder promo?

Tempted to trade in let's go pikachu for $25 + $12.50 bonus, $37.50. Game sells for about that price anyways.

Xenoblade chronicles I'm more hesitant, even though i bought it at $30. Can get $23+$11.50=$34.50. Only issues is I want to re-buy, going to be pricey.

Also, can't save any trade in amounts. I get an error when trying to save amount for trade in for pokemon.

Did COD Ghost go up in price? It's like $20 at gamestop and currently at $7 + 3.50 bonus trade in. $10.50 seems decent, remember it being like $5 to buy all the time.

Ps4 version is at $7 and xbox one version is at $2.50.

Have one last question, going to trade in $250 worth of stuff. Would renewing my Pro membership help or bonus cover the membership?

Going to trade in switch,pokemon let's go and a couple of other games.

Let's say base trade in is $50 for games, then 50% makes it $75.

Would power up rewards 10% bonus make the $50, $55. Now it's 50% of $55 is $27.50, so 82.50?

Or does it just do 60% bonus?

I'm then buying a switch lite in 2 months, does buying new give extra points if Pro member?

Traded a bunch of accessories in to a non CSAC store tonight and got the 50% on them.  Move controllers got me $34 each...360 controllers got me $20.40.  Glad I procrastinated on trading them in!

Have one last question, going to trade in $250 worth of stuff. Would renewing my Pro membership help or bonus cover the membership?

Would power up rewards 10% bonus make the $50, $55. Now it's 50% of $55 is $27.50, so 82.50?

I'm then buying a switch lite in 2 months, does buying new give extra points if Pro member?
The 10% for the games and accessories will help but not the system since you don't get any extra for that.

The bonus for the games will be 60% so you'll get $80 if your games are worth $50 base value.

No, you get the same points for new and used.

Someone can let you borrow their elite for the 20 bonus. It does 60 we could make a elite account borrowing thread I have three accounts in my family with elite and they might like the points.

I still havent quite figured out this stealth bump business. So, at some point the games on that list are going to increase in value over the values currently shown? But we don't know exactly when, which is why its "stealth"?
Stealth refers to it being not officially announced. It isn't like a 40% bonus in trade credit promo. It just sort of happens quietly in the system. A bunch of titles magically increase in value.

Kicking myself in CA because I traded in 3 AAA Switch games last week for $25 base plus 50% bonus towards preowned. Got stuck with cheap shovelware I don't want plus if SB comes through this weekend those games will trade for $30 base each. Don't know why I was in such a rush to trade those in before the opportunity to get 50% plus a SB.

Kicking myself in CA because I traded in 3 AAA Switch games last week for $25 base plus 50% bonus towards preowned. Got stuck with cheap shovelware I don't want plus if SB comes through this weekend those games will trade for $30 base each. Don't know why I was in such a rush to trade those in before the opportunity to get 50% plus a SB.
You sound like a stock trader who FOMO's the shoulda woulda coulda's. You take the opportunity when you get it. Then you take advantage of the next opportunity the best you can.

But, as mentioned, the 50% bonus promotion was very weak, and values were 20-30% higher even without the 50% bonus just two weeks prior.

Because we're never guaranteed both occurring that the same time, it's been a while since we had a 50% bump. I also did a last minute trade on 5 AAA switch games on Saturday. Didn't think they were going to do the CSAC promo anytime soon. I kept 3 that I think I might play them so I could always trade those in if the SB happens and rebuy later with a B2G1 when my elite expires and I'm forced to go pro in Oct.

So just traded my switch for $200 at gamestop, renewed my pro membership so really only got $185. Going to wait for switch lite and b2g1 coupon to buy some games later.

I traded in a bunch last week as well. GameStop has been pretty conscientious lately. I could be wrong but I think the last time we had a 50% boost coincide with a bump, the Switch games still didn’t go above $25.

But even if it does boost, it’s not money lost; just money we never got.

So the 50% bonus applies to these too? I'm here in CA, haven't traded anything yet.
Yeah I'm in CA, wasn't sure at first as sign mentioned only game trades, no mention of accessories.

Traded them in and showed 50% bonus. Might go back and trade in let's go pikachu at $40 after bonus.

Huh so there’s a 50% bump in ca stores? Is that on games and accessories? I just snagged a pair of 360 wireless pads for $5 each thinking it’ll be a nice flip. No sense waiting on stealth bump I suppose since I don’t have anything from the mw list.

And how long is the 50% supposed to last? Worth to see if it stacks with stealth bump?

Huh so there’s a 50% bump in ca stores? Is that on games and accessories? I just snagged a pair of 360 wireless pads for $5 each thinking it’ll be a nice flip. No sense waiting on stealth bump I suppose since I don’t have anything from the mw list.
And how long is the 50% supposed to last? Worth to see if it stacks with stealth bump?
If the store does not normally give out cash (there’s a list somewhere), then there is an automatic 50% extra on games and accessories. It will certainly stack with the upcoming bump this Friday. Basically wait until then if you have stuff on the list, if not, trade away. I believe the same cash is going until 8/11, but they could end it early.

If the store does not normally give out cash (there’s a list somewhere), then there is an automatic 50% extra on games and accessories. It will certainly stack with the upcoming bump this Friday. Basically wait until then if you have stuff on the list, if not, trade away. I believe the same cash is going until 8/11, but they could end it early.
I have Pokemon let's go pikachu, which is on the list. Will it go to around $30?

Base of $30 gives me $48 instead of $40 now.

Might go back to trade in Cod Ghost ps4 for $7 + $4.20,$11.20.
Pokemon let's go, $25 + $15, $40. $51.20 extra.

Not sure how long promotion runs for, guessing it might end early?

So outside of CA, are there any bonuses for game trade outside of the 20% bump toward the top new releases? I have looked on the app & the website & do not see any % bumps.

I bought a switch and 3 games last year, and haven't played it more than an hour. Is there a way to bump cash value and walk out, or cancel and pull out?

Don’t know how others feel, but I’m not a fan of GS’s CSAC promotions. I’d rather get the +50% credit. I was pumped when GS originally had a banner saying all trades got +50% credit coinciding with a possible bump, but then the site was corrected to read CSAC.

Anyone had experience requesting the credit boost offered elsewhere in lieu of taking cash?

Here’s to hoping there’s at least no stealth tank like a couple of months ago!   :beer:

For those getting the 50% bonus trade-in on accessories, are you all in CA? I'm not, but there are some locations near me that are CSAC ineligible that should have the bonus as well, but I'm not sure if they would get the bonus for accessories or just games. I suppose I could always go to the location and see what happens.

For those getting the 50% bonus trade-in on accessories, are you all in CA? I'm not, but there are some locations near me that are CSAC ineligible that should have the bonus as well, but I'm not sure if they would get the bonus for accessories or just games. I suppose I could always go to the location and see what happens.
If it’s on the list, they do games and accessories automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back