2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a consensus on whether recently manufactured PS4 Pro's are quieter than launch Pro's?

Sounds insane, but I'm thinking of trading in my F-16 JET ENGINE PS4 Pro (lol) for...a new PS4 Pro.  My console is that loud.  I would just dump it but too many exclusives still coming (Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake, etc) to go XB1X only.  Currently playing Sekiro on PS4 and it affects my enjoyment.

The cost would be $125 + tax on the MSRP of $399, right?

Is there a consensus on whether recently manufactured PS4 Pro's are quieter than launch Pro's?

Sounds insane, but I'm thinking of trading in my F-16 JET ENGINE PS4 Pro (lol) for...a new PS4 Pro. My console is that loud. I would just dump it but too many exclusives still coming (Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake, etc) to go XB1X only. Currently playing Sekiro on PS4 and it affects my enjoyment.

Yes.

A

Has it always been this loud or is it a recent development?
As I recall, there was some discussion earlier this year around the time the RRD2 version came out. I think from that version on, they were supposed to run cooler and/or the fans didn't have to run as hard as previous Pro's. I'm sure someone will correct me if my recollection is incorrect.

Sounds insane, but I'm thinking of trading in my F-16 JET ENGINE PS4 Pro (lol) for...a new PS4 Pro. My console is that loud. I would just dump it but too many exclusives still coming (Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake, etc) to go XB1X only. Currently playing Sekiro on PS4 and it affects my enjoyment.

https://youtu.be/ynAr9kP-Xq8

A

As I recall, there was some discussion earlier this year around the time the RRD2 version came out. I think from that version on, they were supposed to run cooler and/or the fans didn't have to run as hard as previous Pro's. I'm sure someone will correct me if my recollection is incorrect.
my spiderman pro is loud but my gow one is not, thinking of trading it but there’s no upcoming limited ps4 pro.

Just realized I can get $96 trade credit for this old Elite controller.  Sounds like a great down payment for the new one coming out later

Has it always been this loud or is it a recent development?
Wasn't like this at launch or for months thereafter. I think when 4K-ish + HDR games became the norm (often it was one or other or nothing), that's when this became a thing.

I recall this as well, and perhaps even some updates were later revisions (after RDR2 bundle) actually were a bit louder (but not as bad as launch Pro's).

If it’s on the list, they do games and accessories automatically.
Called a couple stores in MN that are on the ineligible list, but no 50% bonus apparently. Although I wonder if they are just checking on their phone vs. their POS. Obviously it wouldn't show the value on the app or phone. I suppose I'll have to just go to a store and see what happens.

Looks like some of my trades are already showing SB; KH3 and Darksiders 3 are up to $13, and Division 2 is up to $17. Switch games are still low.

Are end of month fridays when we see stealth bumps for games? Going to wait and see if let's go pikachu gets a bump.

Anyone with multiple accounts ever run into issues with sharing coupons between accounts?

Since I have a ton of points I was debating making a separate account then using the buy 2 get 1 with my elite account.

In the past I know people have been wary about sharing coupons.

Looks like some of my trades are already showing SB; KH3 and Darksiders 3 are up to $13, and Division 2 is up to $17. Switch games are still low.
Darksiders 3 only went up because it's no longer on sale. Was $20 last week and traded in around $6-7. Now it's back to $40, so trade in doubled.

Anyone with multiple accounts ever run into issues with sharing coupons between accounts?

Since I have a ton of points I was debating making a separate account then using the buy 2 get 1 with my elite account.

In the past I know people have been wary about sharing coupons.
I wanted to use a B2G1 coupon from my new Pro account with my Elite account, the names on the accounts are the same so the guy had no issue with it as long as he could see me pull it up in my app. I've done this multiple times now (one employee told me it didn't matter, probably just so he could avoid doing 2 transactions), I believe the only time accounts get deleted are when they use coupons/points that were reported to customer service as stolen.

Has anyone else had any issues with coupons being in your Active Offers but not showing up in the POS? I've had 2 coupons in my Active Offers not show up on their screen, luckily the employees weren't sketched out and let me use them but I know there are some dick managers that would probably think I was using a screenshot from a stolen account or something.

Has anyone heard if Gamestop will be doing a trade in promo for the Switch Lite?  They had a great one when the switch came out that I used to get rid of a wii u.  Would like to trade in one of the 3ds we have lying around for switch lite for spouse.  I'm surprised they aren't taking pre orders on the system yet at gamestop or anywhere else I could find.  

Wasn't like this at launch or for months thereafter. I think when 4K-ish + HDR games became the norm (often it was one or other or nothing), that's when this became a thing.

I recall this as well, and perhaps even some updates were later revisions (after RDR2 bundle) actually were a bit louder (but not as bad as launch Pro's).
I ask because these things suck in air, and thus dust, like crazy. My son's was loud, so I plugged in the vacuum cleaner and hooked up the attachment for cleaning along edges and put it to work on all the vents on the system. His system went back to being quieter.

Obviously it's not as good as a teardown (I'm sure the fan is still caked), but it's the best way to clean them without voiding the warranty. It's a good idea to do it once a month or so.

I ask because these things suck in air, and thus dust, like crazy. My son's was loud, so I plugged in the vacuum cleaner and hooked up the attachment for cleaning along edges and put it to work on all the vents on the system. His system went back to being quieter.

Obviously it's not as good as a teardown (I'm sure the fan is still caked), but it's the best way to clean them without voiding the warranty. It's a good idea to do it once a month or so.
Would you mind expanding on the vacuum? Do you mean, for example, a regular house vacuum with one of those smaller attachments? or is this a special vacuum for things like electronics?

Thank you!

Has anyone heard if Gamestop will be doing a trade in promo for the Switch Lite? They had a great one when the switch came out that I used to get rid of a wii u. Would like to trade in one of the 3ds we have lying around for switch lite for spouse. I'm surprised they aren't taking pre orders on the system yet at gamestop or anywhere else I could find.
Nobody will know until they can start taking pre-orders. Even then, we may not find out about any trade-in offers until closer to release.

from what i heard at my local gamestop, i dont even think they are going to take preorders for the switch lite. i know its still 2 months out but they were acting like they didnt expect to get many. i dont know if this is because of something they were told or they just assume nintendo is going to pull the scarcity card to drum up sales again.

Has anyone heard if Gamestop will be doing a trade in promo for the Switch Lite? They had a great one when the switch came out that I used to get rid of a wii u. Would like to trade in one of the 3ds we have lying around for switch lite for spouse. I'm surprised they aren't taking pre orders on the system yet at gamestop or anywhere else I could find.
With the Switch getting it's open hardware revision who knows

I’ll probably trade the division 2 back in getting 19.80 paid 20 for it...cool game but it’s more or less the same as the original

Would you mind expanding on the vacuum? Do you mean, for example, a regular house vacuum with one of those smaller attachments? or is this a special vacuum for things like electronics?

Thank you!
Not sure what the other person uses, but I use an upright with a hose attachment. On the end of the hose, I use the brush attachment to get into the vents and smaller places which I think helps loosen the stuck on dust. it also won't scratch the console surfaces.

Don’t know how others feel, but I’m not a fan of GS’s CSAC promotions. I’d rather get the +50% credit. I was pumped when GS originally had a banner saying all trades got +50% credit coinciding with a possible bump, but then the site was corrected to read CSAC.

Anyone had experience requesting the credit boost offered elsewhere in lieu of taking cash?

Here’s to hoping there’s at least no stealth tank like a couple of months ago! :beer:
Anyone? I know employees can edit values, but not sure if it’s restricted to managers or something.

Damn WWE 2K19 and Division 2 jumped up in TIV. If you got these during the B2G1 when they were both $18.99, they would be great flips. 

I need some help with Trade In/Store Credit asap and not sure who to talk to/contact.

I had $100 in Trade In/Store Credit

On July 23rd, I ordered $93.78 worth of Games and Items from Gamestop.com
I went to purchase an item today instore, pulled out my card.. only to find out I have NO credit left.

Where did my 6.22 go?
Is this a glitch, what's going on!?

(Edit: The items have NOT shipped yet)

I need some help with Trade In/Store Credit asap and not sure who to talk to/contact.

I had $100 in Trade In/Store Credit
On July 23rd, I ordered $93.78 worth of Games and Items from Gamestop.com
I went to purchase an item today instore, pulled out my card.. only to find out I have NO credit left.
Where did my 6.22 go?
Is this a glitch, what's going on!?

(Edit: The items have NOT shipped yet)
Why haven't you just contacted GameStop directly?

1-800-883-8895
https://m.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/Home/ContactUs

wwe 2k19 will be on sale at best buy for $15(12 with gcu) tomorrow or today for those that have mybestbuy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fellow CAGs, hear me. I regret to inform you that at the end of trading today, Gamestop's stock dipped below $4 a share at a terrible $3.98 each. Let us take a moment to mourn the soon-to-be loss of a gaming giant.

Bye Felecia.

Trade in ban question. My brother traded in two Xbox 360 batteries on my account with his id. I traded 4 in today on my account with my id. Do they go by id, account, or both. I'd hate to get banned for trading in 6 battery packs, when I really only traded four.

Trade in ban question. My brother traded in two Xbox 360 batteries on my account with his id. I traded 4 in today on my account with my id. Do they go by id, account, or both. I'd hate to get banned for trading in 6 battery packs, when I really only traded four.
Bad news, you're banned.

Based on the account, not sure if there is a limit on battery packs.

Fellow CAGs, hear me. I regret to inform you that at the end of trading today, Gamestop's stock dipped below $4 a share at a terrible $3.98 each. Let us take a moment to mourn the soon-to-be loss of a gaming giant.

Bye Felecia.
I bought some ar $4.09, need to hedge against them stopping our trading one day.

You’re banned. It is by account.

Was trying to find an email, or a phone #, or even online chat.
I've not been able to access any of their online customer care for a few weeks. Only the mobile app feedback and phone number have worked (but the responses have been useless/ wildly misinformed).

If you just redeemed it then sometimes yes. Although from the employee perspective if it scans, they should take it. The system has safeguards in place to keep people from just re-using screenshot coupons or they'd be getting fraud all day every day.
I meant legit coupons I had purchased the day before. I had a free strategy guide coupon not show up for them one day, then a $10 a week later. Not a big deal at all (though I could see myself getting shut down with a JD), just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Woo: Found a copy of minecraft 360 for cheap to trade into gamestop during the bump

Boo: Accidentally bought resident evil umbrella chronicles again because it was cheap and I thought I didn't own it. :(

I knew this day would come eventually, I honestly have no recollection of buying umbrella chronicles for the wii before. The copy I bought today at the thrift store was more beat up too. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back