2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop typically holds back some inventory. They then release it a few days later. This is a good practice, but they also have made mistakes (e.g. KH3 PS4 pro)

how much were top tier switch games trading for before the bump? 25ish?

You guys think nier game of the yorha will drop around $20. Tempted to trade in my original version for $20.80 and buy ultimate edition once it drops in price.
It just went on sale for $25 at Best Buy. You could get it there or try for a price match at GS if one of your local stores is included in that.

I know this is a bit different than the people saying some of the inventories have been off. But I ordered the Fire Emblem Seasons of Warfare Edition on Friday and I got an order confirmation for it. I see that version is sold out pretty much everywhere else, and I’m just afraid my order might be cancelled because it’s actually sold out or something.

Anyone have any issues with orders or anything? I just can’t believe I could still order that version online, seems like it should be sold out.
My debit card was disabled when they tried to charge it last week, but I emailed them back with the RESOLVED thing and they charged me, then I got an email 10 minutes ago saying my order was cancelled. I can't check my order history at all, so I'm not sure if their website is broken or my account is locked after the Elite Controller B2G1 glitch.

Amazon and Best Buy had stock longer than I would've expected (I actually ordered from Best Buy Thursday, so GS cancelling saved me a return), and the bozos on OfferUp in my area are only asking for $20 over MSRP, so I don't think it was as limited as we expected.

Okay in the Ad it says the Stealth 600 for xbox are 49.99....but online shows 89.99 even after adding it to the cart. Winder if I can get that in store

Okay in the Ad it says the Stealth 600 for xbox are 49.99....but online shows 89.99 even after adding it to the cart. Winder if I can get that in store
Might be a price mistake in the ad. If you can get the ad in-store, they should give it to you for the price listed.

It just went on sale for $25 at Best Buy. You could get it there or try for a price match at GS if one of your local stores is included in that.
Thanks, will trade in for $20.80 and maybe order off google express, have 20% off.

If not, I'll just go to bestbuy and buy it.

stealth bump was ridiculous for me this weekend. traded in

Kirby Star Allies for $40.50 (paid $45 for it)

Bloodstained ROTN for Switch for $22.50 (paid $32.xx for it. I reckon I'll take the loss and pick it up once it's been patched to oblivion multiple times; I play it a lot on PS4 anyhow)

Dead or Alive 5 Plus for Vita for $12 (paid

Manager at my local Prestige store said there should be a prestige sale this saturday.  He wasn't sure what it would be, but mentioned Buy 1 Get One Half Off. 

Have $300 in credit,tempted to get PSVR, but don't have much space for it. I can get Doom bundle for $225, but would need move controllers. Do also have b2g1 coupon.

Is PSVR good even if just playing standard games on the headset?

The ps4 trade in promo ain’t bad but I feel like it’s too late to upgrade to a pro now. Plus there ain’t many special edition ps4s to choose from. Let’s see if death stranding will have its own ps4 pro

There's a topic on the GS subreddit about some guy using a joke name on his PUR account, and a manager is saying it's against the terms and conditions, and corporate could delete the account.

What a miserable existence, if only corporate cared half as much about them as they care about petty shit like this.

So want to use my b2g1 coupon on some items, but only available online.

Can I buy the 3 items, return them, and rebuy with b2g1? Want to buy PS camera and 2 move controllers.

If I get them before Pro day, could I return/buy using b2g1 promo,instead of using my coupon?

August 1st. The rumor was that elite pro was only going to go for one more year before they killed it for everyone. Sounds like typical Gamestop thinking to me. But we shall see what happens. I still think a big change is coming in August no matter what they do with elite.

Sucks that Prestige day is Saturday, I have to take my family to a kids birthday party that day. The first real opportunity day in a long time and I gotta miss it.
Wait? Their killing elite even for those who already got it locked in?!?!?! SMDH I'm suppose to be good till September 2020. Can they cancel something I already paid for? Best Buy still letting those keep GCU till it expires. I was going to spurge on a few titles with Elite & cag16 but knowing a B2G1 free coming up I'm going to hold out. Wonder what I'll get in exchange if elite truly get killed off?!?!

Can I buy the 3 items, return them, and rebuy with b2g1? Want to buy PS camera and 2 move controllers.

If I get them before Pro day, could I return/buy using b2g1 promo,instead of using my coupon?
yes and yes. Just return/rebuy within the 7 day return period and you should be good.

Woke up to a bunch of games missing from my cart on the website. I guess everyone else had the same idea with a few games. I can do some driving to find single copies (who know what condition) within the next couple cities, but it's probably not worth it without discounts.

YMMV on the second question. They may not let you return/rebuy for the b2g1 on Prestige day. It happened to me a few Prestige days ago and the guy wouldn't let me because he claimed they could only do it on games purchased in a Prestige store. So, as always, depends on the rep.

YMMV on the second question. They may not let you return/rebuy for the b2g1 on Prestige day. It happened to me a few Prestige days ago and the guy wouldn't let me because he claimed they could only do it on games purchased in a Prestige store. So, as always, depends on the rep.
If this happens, then just return the games to that rep, burn him on the survey (if you feel compelled), and if it's the morning you could always attempt a revisit at shift change.

Looking in the app it seems Marvel UA 3 BO is almost sold out everywhere...is the game doing that well? All the reviews have been just above average.

Will the prestige day 10% trade bonus stack with the 20% pre order bonus?  My goal is to get 50% total between 20% for elite and 20% for pre order and 10% for prestige.

Looks like they fixed the thing where if you put a hold on something for a store online, it would still show up in the app as being in stock there (you just couldn't put a hold on it since someone else already did). Now it doesn't show up at all until that person's hold expires 24 hours later.

Found a used PS camera V2 for $25 on ebay. Also a PS move controller for $10 on ebay.

Will likely just find some games for B2G1.

Looking in the app it seems Marvel UA 3 BO is almost sold out everywhere...is the game doing that well? All the reviews have been just above average.
Yes the only thing that slowed down it’s sales was Fire Emblem, which is pretty well sold out nationwide.

Most stores that have Marvel in stock have 1-3 copies.

So can I order a used PSVR at a prestige store online, not pick it up until Saturday and used B2G1?

Might buy PSVR and maybe a WII U. Not sure what else of value is worth it.

Could always just trade in the third item back later for free credit.

Found Mario Maker 2 & MUA3 complete preowned today. Probably gonna trade in my FE saturday and rebuy it with these two. Been looking for a PO MM2 since launch, very surprised to find MUA3 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back