2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too switch games trade-in back down to $25 base value.
Since the prestige day timing isn't during the SB, do I pickup and hold a bunch of top tier switch games for next SB?

The risks are a) elite rumor doesn't come to pass and b) this past garbo SB was just a CSAC anomaly...hmmm

IMO $25 base at 50% or $27 base at 40% isn't worth my time :(

Looking in the app it seems Marvel UA 3 BO is almost sold out everywhere...is the game doing that well? All the reviews have been just above average.
Yes the only thing that slowed down it’s sales was Fire Emblem, which is pretty well sold out nationwide.

Most stores that have Marvel in stock have 1-3 copies.
I have been having a lot of fun with Marvel UA3 and am absolutely loving Three Houses as well. Glad both games are selling well so far. I feel like Ultimate Alliance 3 will do big number during the Holiday season as well being a Switch exclusive and a Marvel game.

Dang, Disgaea 5 dropped down, as I was planning on "converting" it to digital today with the eShop sale that went live yesterday. Should've went last night after work, but I only had about a 15 min window before stores closed.

So can I order a used PSVR at a prestige store online, not pick it up until Saturday and used B2G1?

Might buy PSVR and maybe a WII U. Not sure what else of value is worth it.

Could always just trade in the third item back later for free credit.
You can't do an online hold for it until Friday if that's what you want to do. They will only hold it until the end of the next business day.

If you actually order it and pay for it online with store pickup, you'd have to do a return/rebuy on Saturday,

Seems Switch Lite is starting to show up for preorder. Just need gamestop to have it up and I'll go preorder.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitchlite/
Switch Lites up at gamestop, hopefully in store too.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles/nintendo-switch?nav=28xp0,13ffff2412-1e8-42&utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Twitter&utm_campaign=2&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=0wLgH49VWzI-FzP7wq5IBrmKOHIbapX5sA

edit: Called and my local store has them up He did say the only one Zacian and Zamazenta edition available for pre-order, which I thought was strange because it's been up awhile on Amazon.

Since the prestige day timing isn't during the SB, do I pickup and hold a bunch of top tier switch games for next SB?

The risks are a) elite rumor doesn't come to pass and b) this past garbo SB was just a CSAC anomaly...hmmm

IMO $25 base at 50% or $27 base at 40% isn't worth my time :(
If elite isn't killed $25 Base with 50% & an extra 30% prestige+elite could be worth it with B2G1 free. $45 a pop and turn around and get 3 games for $96tax. Can trade in 2 tier switch titles and get a 3rd for $6 out of pocket. Or trade 3 and get them back or a different 3 titles for a $39 profit. It's all up in the air tho, elite may end, values could drop, ect. You know how the game go.

This is also a good move because there may be trade promos towards it.
I just did my trade ins last week, don't think game bonus will beat the 50%+10% bonus.

Hopefully move controllers don't drop in trade in price.

Bought 2 for $23 and can trade for $64 credit. They get to me Thursday.

I never preordered anything online from gamestop, but shipping has been slow for regular orders. Rather go pick up/preorder at store.
Called and my local store has them up for pre-order. He did say they only had one Zacian and Zamazenta edition available for pre-order, which I thought was strange because it's been up awhile on Amazon.

If elite isn't killed $25 Base with 50% & an extra 30% prestige+elite could be worth it with B2G1 free. $45 a pop and turn around and get 3 games for $96tax. Can trade in 2 tier switch titles and get a 3rd for $6 out of pocket. Or trade 3 and get them back or a different 3 titles for a $39 profit. It's all up in the air tho, elite may end, values could drop, ect. You know how the game go.
I think your math is off (25 x 1.5 = 37.50 and 27 x 1.4 = 37.80)

40% trade in bonus (includes elite( + 10% prestige or 30% trade in bonus (includes elite)

I just preordered one from Gamestop.  The manager called me around 2 pm to say that they could start reserving systems.  He also told me that they are only getting one of the Pokemon Switch Lite for the store.

Yeah, can't decide if I should move the Switch Lite instead. I like the form factor better and I play 95% of the time on handheld, but that last 5% for docked local multiplayer makes a difference.

I got mine. Got my Xenosaga III & Conker's Bad Fur Day. Xenosaga III was Case & Discs no Manual. Conker was Cart Only.
This is what I ended up getting:

xoFTyb2.jpg

-

Both conkers appear to be real at first glance I'll have to take a closer look later.

The games with cases all had no manuals, quarantine had no anime dvd. Xenosaga 3 had both discs but curiously someone removed the ps2 dual disc insert plastic part.

I wish I didn't get that weird order glitch/cancel and the order under review. Otherwise I would have went a little crazier.

Edit: has anyone gotten a truly complete ps2 game?

I got mine. Got my Xenosaga III & Conker's Bad Fur Day. Xenosaga III was Case & Discs no Manual. Conker was Cart Only.
I got my 2 CBFD in today, cart only in a ziplock bag. Haven't tested them out yet, gotta dig my n64 outta storage.

I think your math is off (25 x 1.5 = 37.50 and 27 x 1.4 = 37.80)

40% trade in bonus (includes elite( + 10% prestige or 30% trade in bonus (includes elite)
The extra 50% going on right now is automatic, it's not including pro/elite buddy. So it's 25 base + 12.50 (50% bonus in CSAC cali) + 5 (20% elite from base) + 2.5 (extra 10% prestige) = $45. Assuming everything going to stack, which it should.

Called around to a bunch of stores and can confirm they all got 1 pokemon switch allocated for preorder. That's nuts man.

Think Target still has preorders open and a few other places though. Preorders are probably limited for now but doubt it's going to be too hard to find on release day.

I had a mixed bag. My xenosaga 3 came in a case and artwork, and 2 copies of disc 1.

I also got pokemon xd and that came with original artwork, but in a ps2 case.

I had grabbed 2 copies of sonic dx and hunter the reckoning, but all came loose, as they always tend to do.

My copy of pokemon emerald was in good shape, and not a repro, but I ordered classic bubble bobble on the gbc, and they sent regular bubble bobble for the original gameboy instead.

Kohl’s will likely have that switch bundled with a screen protector or something so just get the gift cards

I got my 2 CBFD in today, cart only in a ziplock bag. Haven't tested them out yet, gotta dig my n64 outta storage.

The extra 50% going on right now is automatic, it's not including pro/elite buddy. So it's 25 base + 12.50 (50% bonus in CSAC cali) + 5 (20% elite from base) + 2.5 (extra 10% prestige) = $45. Assuming everything going to stack, which it should.
I’m not in cali...so its only CSAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back