2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is looking for a cheap present for a child the division 2 teddy bears are on clearance for $10.xx in GameStop stores. The 30% off clearance collectibles will not work on the website for some reason.

GameStop's GC disk resurfacing is garbage. They somehow manage to destroy the center circle and have buffing compound seep into the plastic interior. I've had awful luck with getting this hack "refurb" work done to disks I've bought.
They don't maintain their resurfacing machine properly and the employees are probably overworked/underpaid so they don't put any care into making sure it's being done right. The small retro store near me can make badly scratched games look practically new to the untrained eye at 4 for $10. The huge company Gamestop charges more for many disc refurbs and makes the games look worse.

Just found out the district manager for my area didnt make the cut.  Real bummer as he's one of the main reasons why the stores kept their retro stuff.  Here's hoping his replacement doesn't make the stores send everything back to the warehouse.  

Does anyone remember what Xbox one controllers were trading in for back when they were running a 25% bump on them?

Trying to decide if the $19.80 cash is good enough or hold onto them for a bump.

There has to be something else thrown in there. Something is missing from this. I can't see them upgrading regular pro % and downgrading elite would just piss those people off too.
Elites are going to be mad no matter what. But if you give me 15% off and don't raise the price of the pro membership, i will be ok.

Had left alive,watch dogs, and prey for 3 for $15, but left them behind. Have too many games to play and left alive looks like shit.

Decided to grab a Wii U 32GB set, since I can't find one cheaper locally than GS.  Turned out to be missing the sensor bar, had composite cables instead of a HDMI cable and the gamepad wouldn't connect to the system.   Returned it and got one with the right stuff and it had Mario Kart 8 preloaded on it.  Turns out the store I originally got it from has a bad reputation for not checking consoles.

Also grabbed Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures on Wii U for the 3 for $15.   Got a sealed new copy of Left Alive for $9 "used" while I was there too.

On Prestige day can I buy two items from a non-Prestige Gamestop and take it to a Gamestop and return/buy those two and another item? And get B2G1. Or would Gamestop be against that.

On Prestige day can I buy two items from a non-Prestige Gamestop and take it to a Gamestop and return/buy those two and another item? And get B2G1. Or would Gamestop be against that.
That's never worked when I've tried it. They feed you some line about how they can only do it if bought at a prestige store that day. You can try though, your employees might be nicer than mine.

That's never worked when I've tried it. They feed you some line about how they can only do it if bought at a prestige store that day. You can try though, your employees might be nicer than mine.
Ah okay. Thank you.

It's worked with nation-wide B2G1's before but I was thinking because Prestige day is store specific it might be a bit different.

Decided to grab a Wii U 32GB set, since I can't find one cheaper locally than GS. Turned out to be missing the sensor bar, had composite cables instead of a HDMI cable and the gamepad wouldn't connect to the system. Returned it and got one with the right stuff and it had Mario Kart 8 preloaded on it. Turns out the store I originally got it from has a bad reputation for not checking consoles.

Also grabbed Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures on Wii U for the 3 for $15. Got a sealed new copy of Left Alive for $9 "used" while I was there too.
I bought one about a month ago that was "Gamestop premium refurbished", even though I asked for a preowned one. The premium refurbished Wii U wouldn't even turn on when I hooked it up. I took it back and they gave me a preowned one that one of their pickier guys took in. That one works perfect and is virtually scratch/blemish free. It also had Splatoon and Smash Bros already installed.

I bought one about a month ago that was "Gamestop premium refurbished", even though I asked for a preowned one. The premium refurbished Wii U wouldn't even turn on when I hooked it up. I took it back and they gave me a preowned one that one of their pickier guys took in. That one works perfect and is virtually scratch/blemish free. It also had Splatoon and Smash Bros already installed.
Yeah, just reading their reddit page makes me never want to consider a refurbished from there. Most of them post that a bunch of the "refurbished" consoles they send back the stores are DOA. I made sure to mention used when I bought it. But I'll still probably go back to get the 1 year warranty before the 2 week period is up just as a CYOA moment.

Yeah, just reading their reddit page makes me never want to consider a refurbished from there. Most of them post that a bunch of the "refurbished" consoles they send back the stores are DOA. I made sure to mention used when I bought it. But I'll still probably go back to get the 1 year warranty before the 2 week period is up just as a CYOA moment.
Planning on buying a WII U, am i better going with used?

Also about storage, I have a 250gb ssd for storage, would paying $10 less for 8gb vs 32gb matter much?

Should be able to run WII,gamecube and WII U games. Not to mention emulators.

Just need to verify if third party controllers like hori usb controllers works.

Planning on buying a WII U, am i better going with used?

Also about storage, I have a 250gb ssd for storage, would paying $10 less for 8gb vs 32gb matter much?
It's up to you if you'd rather have 24GB more on the system. Plus it's harder to find one of those white 8GB models anyway, as they were phased out quickly into the Wii U's life cycle. It also means you'll get an older model.

As for used, I would suggest that instead. Refurbished usually means something was wrong with it. Which judging from their reddit page, the warehouse usually doesn't fix whatever is wrong with it most of the time anyway.

GameStop's GC disk resurfacing is garbage. They somehow manage to destroy the center circle and have buffing compound seep into the plastic interior. I've had awful luck with getting this hack "refurb" work done to disks I've bought.
Yes, it’s quite amazing how bad they are at this. I own one of those JFJ Easy Pro resurfacing machines... I can make a disc look brand new, yet GameStop makes it look like garbage. The swirls left on discs are from not using enough detergent on their buffers. Their buffers are also too rough. I’m wondering if they actually use a quick sandpaper run on all of their discs first as well, which isn’t necessary. I rarely ever use sandpaper.

But, I’m just a dude at home resurfacing discs like an amateur and can make them look new. How GameStop is capable of making every game look like garbage is beyond me.

Its a bit more work but if you buy 3 equally priced items at a Prestige Store for the B2G1 free and get a gift receipt. Then you can go to your Non-Prestige Store and return/exchange the two games that you don't want for the one's that you do want.

Its a bit more work but if you buy 3 equally priced items at a Prestige Store for the B2G1 free and get a gift receipt. Then you can go to your Non-Prestige Store and return/exchange the two games that you don't want for the one's that you do want.
That's what I do. I tell the people what game needs to be free since it'll be the one I'm keeping, and that they need to scan that one last. After all of the confusion washes of their face and they start to slowly move again, i get my games and head off to another store that has what I really wanted

I was trading in some stuff towards Madden and saw a girl and her boyfriend trade in a Fortnite Purple XB1 for only $100 cash. Jeez that value is just bad. I get values have tanked since cash = credit but damn. An OG x1 500gb trades for only $15 less lol. I was so tempted to just tell them I'd buy it for more outside of the store but I already have an S and barely even play that haha.

I was trading in some stuff towards Madden and saw a girl and her boyfriend trade in a Fortnite Purple XB1 for only $100 cash. Jeez that value is just bad. I get values have tanked since cash = credit but damn. An OG x1 500gb trades for only $15 less lol. I was so tempted to just tell them I'd buy it for more outside of the store but I already have an S and barely even play that haha.
actually that has been the value for some time, up a little bit from the $85-$90 it was getting (before bonus) when the extra $25 for trading in a console was going on.

I know certain stores get buy two get one free, but can you do a instore online order to get the B2G1F?

Also dunno why the locations they pick are the ones I go to the least in my area. Two are out of the way and the third I haven't visit since someone tried to rob it and got killed by the police.

Also dunno why the locations they pick are the ones I go to the least in my area. Two are out of the way and the third I haven't visit since someone tried to rob it and got killed by the police.
Because those locations get low foot traffic, and the people that do go there actually fill out the surveys on the receipts. Meaning good #s.

so what's the best stuff to get on Prestige day (for later trading)? Just top-tier switch games? Any accessories good flips normally?

I'm in California and have one prestige store per mile lol

Still not worth it for me, most store don't have much.

Not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but sitting on games to flip later is too risky with the way things are going with Gamestop right now. Bumps are not as good as they were in the past and trade promos are far and few.

Not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but sitting on games to flip later is too risky with the way things are going with Gamestop right now. Bumps are not as good as they were in the past and trade promos are far and few.
The big switch games will never fetch less cash on Craigslist/Facebook or whatever than the $29 you paid for them with B2G1, at least until the switch is long cancelled and the follow up doesn’t have back compatibility. They never go on sale at places soccer moms shop so it must be easy to unload them for $40 or especially $30 to break even given these games maybe go to $49.99 on Black Friday at best.

The big switch games will never fetch less cash on Craigslist/Facebook or whatever than the $29 you paid for them with B2G1, at least until the switch is long cancelled and the follow up doesn’t have back compatibility. They never go on sale at places soccer moms shop so it must be easy to unload them for $40 or especially $30 to break even given these games maybe go to $49.99 on Black Friday at best.
Agreed...top tier switch games are the only games worth sitting on at the moment. PS4 and XB1 values drop too much past 30 day guarantee. I miss the 3ds games retaining their value, but I don't miss dealing with scratched up 360/PS3/Wii game discs.

How about the Xbox Elite Controller (white)? Think it will get any better than my current $72? It seems most promo's only apply to games and not accessories including tomorrow's prestige.

I've honestly never heard of Prestige stores, but apparently most of them around me qualify. Are they just stores with higher sales and foot traffic or something? Prestige sales are exclusive to these stores?

I've honestly never heard of Prestige stores, but apparently most of them around me qualify. Are they just stores with higher sales and foot traffic or something? Prestige sales are exclusive to these stores?
Yes, Prestige sales are only exclusive to those store. Just google gamestop prestige and it should bring up if there are any in your area.

As for the store, it's high foot traffic, sales, trade-ins and positive feedback on surveys. Although stores can lose it as I just noticed the 1 in my area lost it and 2 others an hour away gained it since May.

Well apparently Madden 20 is MTX ridden so I traded it back in quickly.

Code is EBC3061573 for $59.99 back.
What is MTX Ridden? I'm renting the game and it's pretty underwhelming...lots of glitches when playing the CPU but still ok for tournament or online head to head play.

Well apparently Madden 20 is MTX ridden so I traded it back in quickly.
Code is EBC3061573 for $59.99 back.
1. It’s a major sports game & it’s EA. FIFA may get the headlines worldwide, but Madden Ultimate Team is the No. 2 money earner. And it’s popular; compare the No. of videos on YT for MUT vs. franchise/story mode.

2. The $59.99 offer requires a GameStop receipt. If you didn’t originally buy from GS, congrats.

1. It’s a major sports game & it’s EA. FIFA may get the headlines worldwide, but Madden Ultimate Team is the No. 2 money earner. And it’s popular; compare the No. of videos on YT for MUT vs. franchise/story mode.

2. The $59.99 offer requires a GameStop receipt. If you didn’t originally buy from GS, congrats.
A lot of stores will just accept the code or a picture of the code. I forget the receipt when I did MM2 and they didn't care.

So the one you want is a gift receipt? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back