2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why you can't check TIVs for PS2 games or PSP games on Gamestop?

EDIT* Actually seems like some GBA and N64 games aren't showing up either. And some PS2 games do show up.
They don't take all games for those systems. It's just a select few, best bet is to search "retro" in the trade-in page and narrow it down from there on what they take.

As for PSP, not sure. Can't find a way to search, even though they are selling a few PSP games online. There's no way to search trade-ins for it.

Turns out that I hit my limit for the month during Prestige Day. Sooooooo time to wait for LP to get back to me, hopefully I can get my limit bumped so I can still trade in the games later this week.

:whistle2:

Shit, hope this isn't a glitch and it works on older games. I got a ton of old, cheap games that aren't worth selling on eBay but might meet the $2 min on GS to be traded in for the $5 bonus.

Anyone know why you can't check TIVs for PS2 games or PSP games on Gamestop?

EDIT* Actually seems like some GBA and N64 games aren't showing up either. And some PS2 games do show up.
PSP games haven't been taken for years and years.

And PS2 games they only take stuff with a decent amount of demand.

The new website and app are not much improved at all. I can’t find new PS4 or Switch consoles, and it’s difficult to see a used game’s inventory for stores around me on the website.

The new website and app are not much improved at all. I can’t find new PS4 or Switch consoles, and it’s difficult to see a used game’s inventory for stores around me on the website.
Well if they break the app and website, I guess you'll just have to go in store to find things! Riiiiiight?

That’s one strategy lol the $225 trade credit for the original Switch makes it tempting to upgrade to the revision for $75.
I might just do this as my Switch gets noisy right at startup and I've put hundreds & hundreds of hours into it.

That being said, I'm unaware if the Switch requires any transferring between units to preserve data or if it's all just tied to the account...

Got my Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance from when it was in stock online the other day. Came with the case but no manual...can’t complain for $77 shipped (elite plus CAG16), all of which came from flipping over the 4th of July B2G1 deal. Just need to find the manual now.

I might just do this as my Switch gets noisy right at startup and I've put hundreds & hundreds of hours into it.

That being said, I'm unaware if the Switch requires any transferring between units to preserve data or if it's all just tied to the account...
Some game saves do not allow cloud back up and would require transferring.

Just got back from a trade in run and can confirm that:

Vita, PS3, & PS4 games all got the +5 bonus.

It appears the pro trade in values are a bit off on the website. For example, for the pro value, the website shows a game as $2.00 instead of $2.20. A $2.00 game fetched me $7.20 in store.

Also, I saw someone mention that you cannot sort by trade in price on the website, but I was able to.

So haven't gotten update for gamestop app yet, but site looks too big.

Tempted to trade in left alive for $7.

I bought 3 for $15 and can trade them in for $21... $2 base + $5 each. $6 profit...

How so? I can for example bring up Switch games but I see no filter to sort them by trade value.
These are the steps I would take to search all vita games (as an example):

Click trade-ins

Type vita in the search box and hit enter (or ps4, ps3, etc.)

Click the drop-down box on the right side and select "price high to low" or "price low to high". The drop down is right under the search button for me.

You'll get systems and some accessories in your results, but seems to work well for me (but you probably could just filter by games on the left side of the results).

They don't take all games for those systems. It's just a select few, best bet is to search "retro" in the trade-in page and narrow it down from there on what they take.

As for PSP, not sure. Can't find a way to search, even though they are selling a few PSP games online. There's no way to search trade-ins for it.
Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

Should I bother calling CS about my points? It's been more than a week since Prestige Day, but I don't need them looking carefully at my transactions.

So haven't gotten update for gamestop app yet, but site looks too big.

Tempted to trade in left alive for $7.

I bought 3 for $15 and can trade them in for $21... $2 base + $5 each. $6 profit...
I traded my copy of Left Alive in. I picked it up figuring I'd one day play it to see how bad it is for myself, but I am sure I can pick up again for cheap in the near future if I want to.

Is the weekly ad still on the website I don't see it? Wanted to get the PS4 gold headset bundle with the $34.99 worth of Fortnite crap for my son's b-day but can't find it. Think it releases today and I wanted to see if stores had it near me yet.

be aware on the new site. when you look at the items in your "saved trades" it shows a different value than when you click on the actual item. I was worried because a bunch of items i added yesterday that were $2 were now showing up at $1.76, but when you click on it, $1.76 is just the elite cash value, the base credit value is still at $2.  

Got my Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance from when it was in stock online the other day. Came with the case but no manual...can’t complain for $77 shipped (elite plus CAG16), all of which came from flipping over the 4th of July B2G1 deal. Just need to find the manual now.
I called around a few stores that had it in stock and found one in Arlington, TX that had the case and manual. Sent a friend that lives there to buy it. Used my elite and 20% off birth day coupon to get it for like $45 complete. But then they talked my friend into the protection, so that cost me another $3 or whatever.

Is the weekly ad still on the website I don't see it? Wanted to get the PS4 gold headset bundle with the $34.99 worth of Fortnite crap for my son's b-day but can't find it. Think it releases today and I wanted to see if stores had it near me yet.
How much could I sell the fortnite stuff for?

Want to buy $100 sony headset and sell the fornite pack to get some money back.

Could only find DS4 bundle:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/accessories/controllers/products/ps4-dualshock-4-fortnite-neo-versa--wireless-controller-bundle/11096333.html

My PUR reverted to Pro, had 2 years of Elite left -_-
What makes you think that? Mine still shows up as Elite on the website.

edit: it doesnt show elite on the trade-in value but it does say it on the top right of the screen.

Going to assume they will add Headset bundle later today, DS4 bundle already up.
I keep buy cheaper headsets for him but he breaks the wired ones. Right now he's using the one that plugs in the controller that comes with the PS4. Figured a wireless one will be better, think he snags the wires or something. I have the 500 Million Headset and it's been great.

Anyone else try retro yet with the $5 promo? I've seen some conflicting answers with some saying it worked for them and others saying it didn't.
Retro is still getting the $5 bonus as of a few hours ago. Traded in NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 games and they all got it.

I traded GameCube, N64, and genesis. The bonus applied for each console. The game advisers were surprised because they were told it was only supposed to apply to xbone, switch, and PS4. I traded in 360, PS3, Vita, and 3ds and bonus applied to those as well. Trade tonight!

I traded GameCube, N64, and genesis. The bonus applied for each console. The game advisers were surprised because they were told it was only supposed to apply to xbone, switch, and PS4. I traded in 360, PS3, Vita, and 3ds and bonus applied to those as well. Trade tonight!
I worded that poorly. I traded in games for gamecube, n64 and genesis. Not consoles. bonus applied to all the games I traded in

Need advice buying digital currency. If something on the Xbox game store costs $9.99 will I be able to buy it with the $10 GS reward thing, or even trade cred, or will I end up having to type my damn PayPal stuff in anyway to cover tax (or overbuy $20 worth of store credit)?

Edit: or if there is a way to temporarily change my location to Delaware/Oregon like you can with the eShop?

Need advice buying digital currency. If something on the Xbox game store costs $9.99 will I be able to buy it with the $10 GS reward thing, or even trade cred, or will I end up having to type my damn PayPal stuff in anyway to cover tax (or overbuy $20 worth of store credit)?
Edit: or if there is a way to temporarily change my location to Delaware/Oregon like you can with the eShop?
You will need to pay for the taxes on XBL. If you buy a game card at Gamestop tho...not sure.

Is anyone trading in their Switch to get the new one?  $200 + $25 bonus trade-in.  $75 to upgrade, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back