2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody attempted to trade separate games as a collection/bundle to maximize trade potential with the bonus? I thought about trying to with some PS3 and 360 games, don't want to come off as scummy though.

Has anybody attempted to trade separate games as a collection/bundle to maximize trade potential with the bonus? I thought about trying to with some PS3 and 360 games, don't want to come off as scummy though.
What would an example of this be? I traded MGS2 and MGS3 from my PS2 collection separately. You don’t come off as scummy because you are taking advantage of the promotion that they are offering.

Ok so took my launch day switch in for a trade, the kickstand won't stay closed, it's loose.

They want to cut $50 off the trade in - ugh - i left.

i guess i'll have to see if there is a easy fix, am tempted to just put tape behind it so it stays closed.

Ok so took my launch day switch in for a trade, the kickstand won't stay closed, it's loose.

i guess i'll have to see if there is a easy fix, am tempted to just put tape behind it so it stays closed.
I would try a different location if possible. Some stores in my area are crazy about certain things but other stores just pass things through without raising an eyebrow

yeah GC version. I'll report back after I try a different store tomorrow. The person who rang me up today did put some sort of retro refurb fee for $0.00 though. Maybe that's why, we'll see.
They tag that on all retro trades as it's the protocol so they know to send them to the warehouse.

So does TC still work on gift cards like Domino's, Subway etc?
My eyes have been opened because I assumed they did not, like BB doesn't allow but I was wrong. Used some of my credit on a $50 PSN card tonight and have to visit a store closer to work tomorrow since they didn't have Starbucks GCs. IDK why I never thought it worked all these years but damn, the possibilities now. . .

Anyone have experience with used controllers from gamestop?

Tempted to buy some N64 controllers for my WII U. Going to do more research and see if an adapter exist for Wii/WiiU.

Some games are harder to play with non-original layout.

I took the plunge and bought the switch revision, brought it home, and transferred my user/save data from my old switch.

Afterwards, I took the old switch back to GS for trade. As an aside, while trading in my switch (for $225 trade credit) I was able to pickup $120 in Netflix cards and $20 in eShop cards using trade credit from the switch (same transaction).
What value Netflix card did you buy? $30, $60, or choose your own?

Went and cleaned out some games I got for super cheap or just games I didn’t want and wouldn’t fetch much more online or locally. I called two GameStop’s, one said it’s only for current gen games, the other said it’s any game, provided it’s in their system. I stranded in PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, X1, PS4, 3DS, DS, and Wii games. 37 games in total for an average of $8.70/game. Not bad at all.

Edit: My picture didn't load, I traded in some games, got $322.36 back in trade credit. No idea what to do with that money. 

What would an example of this be? I traded MGS2 and MGS3 from my PS2 collection separately. You don’t come off as scummy because you are taking advantage of the promotion that they are offering.
An example of what I'm hoping to do is trade Infamous 1 & 2 which have no trade value separately together as the Infamous Collection. Another example would be trading CoD4: MW and CoD: MW2 for PS3 which have little trade value separately together as the MW1 & MW2 Collection.

Took my old Switch in today, got the full $225.

All he did was open the card slot and kickstand to verify nothing was left inside, didn't bother checking to see if it still worked (kickstand)

Try a different GS if you can.

As a follow up, I received all of my points this morning (elite pro) for both transactions yesterday. (switch purchase then switch trade with $120 netflix, $20 eshop)

Stealth Bump is in the house or a lot of items went up in value. For some reason the app shows more retro games then the website example Spud's Adventure and Megaman 7 is no longer listed so not sure what is going on there.

If anyone tries a switch game today, please confirm it is actually 30 base. I am concerned that part of the new website nonsense is they are putting in the 5.00 bonus across the board. Would be the difference between 35 and 41 with elite.

An example of what I'm hoping to do is trade Infamous 1 & 2 which have no trade value separately together as the Infamous Collection. Another example would be trading CoD4: MW and CoD: MW2 for PS3 which have little trade value separately together as the MW1 & MW2 Collection.
See if you can find the cover art online and print it out, put both discs in the case with the printed collection cover art and you should be good.

Thecoverproject.net is a good place to start for covers.

Just trying to solve the discrepancy between app and website trade prices. Differences between saved trades happens all the time, this is more unusual.

He's generally hostile. Ignore. There are a lot of crackpot theories on how things work, but sometimes those theories turn into gold, so let's not shoot those ideas down too quickly.

I also would like to know if the $30 base is correct if someone happens to trade at GS today. I went to GS twice yesterday so I’m not motivated to be the guinea pig. thanks!

So for me, the app isn’t 30 base for some titles when you search (ie yoshi) but then when you save the trade updates to the 30 base in your saved trades. Unlike a typical SB, not all top tier switch titles are $30 base (zelda, xeno, pokken, etc)

I’m secretly hoping that $30 base makes a triumphant return now that the majority of elite pro memberships are expiring.

The boom gamble potential of stacking elite pro might still come to fruition.

$51 switch tivs...please come back :)

Anyone have experience with used controllers from gamestop?

Tempted to buy some N64 controllers for my WII U. Going to do more research and see if an adapter exist for Wii/WiiU.
Some games are harder to play with non-original layout.
I bought a 64 controller like a year and half ago, they sent me a perfect condition yellow controller with a tight stick

Has anyone ever had "Awaiting product availability" on their online order? The game is still showing in stock on their site but it's been two days and it hasn't changed status from this.

Last night I traded in:

Sonic Spinball (Genesis) - $2 base + $5 bonus + $0.20 Elite 10%

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt (NES) - $2 base + $5 bonus + $0.20 Elite 10%

Jak & Daxter Precursor Legacy (PS2) - $2 base + $5 bonus + $0.20 Elite 10%

GTA: San Andreas (PS2) - $2 base + $5 bonus + $0.20 Elite 10%

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (XB360)  - $2 base + $5 bonus + $0.20 Elite 10%

Watch Dogs (PS4) - $2 base + $5 bonus + $0.20 Elite 10%

Total is $7.20 per game

These are really, really good trade-in deals. I encourage everyone to dig through your retro pile if you haven't already.

I bought a 64 controller like a year and half ago, they sent me a perfect condition yellow controller with a tight stick
I buy a lot of vintage stuff from them, but I've always been wary at trying to get controllers. I look at the condition of the used modern controllers in stores and figure the vintage stuff is just as beat up. Good to hear that may not be the case.

I think this might be a stealth bump weekend. I just got the "You Have X Items Worth $X in Credit!" email from Gamestop.  One of the games on my list is New Super Mario Bros U Delux and it states that the pro trade credit value is $33 so that would mean that the switch games showing $30 base is correct.

I think this might be a stealth bump weekend. I just got the "You Have X Items Worth $X in Credit!" email from Gamestop. One of the games on my list is New Super Mario Bros U Delux and it states that the pro trade credit value is $33 so that would mean that the switch games showing $30 base is correct.
Just got the same e-mail and it included a link to the new 'Most Wanted Trades' list:

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/081619_MWT?utm_campaign=20190816_MWT&utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta-button-see-trade-list-bottom&utm_term=20190816_5570&kxconfid=tbxx5hfqc

As a gamer with a crazy backlog (some might call me a game hoarder) these events seem to offer a great deal in getting rid of a lot of titles that I know I'll never get to. The problem is every time this comes up I look up the values and realize I sat on them too long. Some new titles I bought for $20 are now like $3 trade in lol. I don't have the heart to trade them in, even though I may never play them, and selling on eBay/Amazon/Mercari is kind of pointless too unless you bundle them with others.

I may just bite the bullet this time and trade some in to get some credit. Decisions, decisions...

See if you can find the cover art online and print it out, put both discs in the case with the printed collection cover art and you should be good.
Thecoverproject.net is a good place to start for covers.
Thanks for the info, I hadn’t thought about doing it that I way.

Edit: The only covers I could find so far are for the Infamous Collection and the Modern Warfare Trilogy for 360. I'm kinda surprised I couldn't find the covers for the CoD: BO 1 and 2 combo pack and MW 1 and 2 collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back