2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here.
Looks like we all bought the same game on Wednesday.

I called in to inquire, I don't know how reputable this info is since my CS agent was downright awful but they said they are showing none in the system and they don't know when the "manufacturer" is getting more. I told her it was a retro game so there's no manufacturer involved and she just repeated the same line to me again twice more.

I'm not holding my breath, they give a penny in trade for it. I don't think any more copies are walking through the door any time soon. I wonder if there was even one copy to begin with.

It was lower that the other premium switch games earlier this month during the Prestige Days. Maybe its time has passed.
Yeah it's been low for quite awhile now. Sucks since I have 2 sitting around. If the others are getting $41 after the promo this seems like a pretty good time to jump ship and trade em.

As a gamer with a crazy backlog (some might call me a game hoarder) these events seem to offer a great deal in getting rid of a lot of titles that I know I'll never get to. The problem is every time this comes up I look up the values and realize I sat on them too long. Some new titles I bought for $20 are now like $3 trade in lol. I don't have the heart to trade them in, even though I may never play them, and selling on eBay/Amazon/Mercari is kind of pointless too unless you bundle them with others.

I may just bite the bullet this time and trade some in to get some credit. Decisions, decisions...
I was in the same boat as you. But I bit the bullet and ended up trading in some games I never played, and know I never will. I also needed to clear up some space. Traded in 37 games and hardly made a dent....but it's a start.

Chimeratwin, thanks for the motivation. I'm going to do it.

I have easily 500 games in my backlog. I'll go through the list the next few days and if the trade price is even close to the eBay/Amazon price I'm going to trade it in. Decluttering will be worth the small loss in credit and I can use that to flip in the future if I really care to. Thanks!

Chimeratwin, thanks for the motivation. I'm going to do it.

I have easily 500 games in my backlog. I'll go through the list the next few days and if the trade price is even close to the eBay/Amazon price I'm going to trade it in. Decluttering will be worth the small loss in credit and I can use that to flip in the future if I really care to. Thanks!
If a game takes on average 20 hours to complete, and you have 500 games. That's 10,000 hours. If you played an average of 2.73 hours every single day, it would take you 10 years to finish those games. That's assuming you accumulate no new games. Just to put things in perspective :)

At least, that's how I ended up justifying me trading in and getting rid of some of my collection.

If a game takes on average 20 hours to complete, and you have 500 games. That's 10,000 hours. If you played an average of 2.73 hours every single day, it would take you 10 years to finish those games. That's assuming you accumulate no new games. Just to put things in perspective :)

At least, that's how I ended up justifying me trading in and getting rid of some of my collection.
Get out of here with your logic. This is cheapassbacklogger for most of us.

Jokes aside it is good to take this perspective and check in on occasion. None of us are going to outright stop buying stuff.

I have around 2,000 games from intellivision to ps4 with almost every system in between. Some have personal meaning to me and I will never part with. Some stuff I keep to share with my kids, but this promo is great to help cull the herd and free up space. I am never going to play old versions of Madden or Fifa or some offbrand generic shooter with dated mechanics or other dime a dozen experiences and blah story lines.

Am I likely to go back and play the original Halo on xbox or Final Fantasy on my NES probably not especially if there are updated versions like Halo remaster. I loved these games and some stuff I keep because of that.

Things like the original Metroid and Legend of Zelda NES or SNFU on intellivision I hope to play with my kids so it is worth it for me to hold on to them.
Stuff that is weird or unique or redefined gaming is also a draw for me to keep in my gaming library. By the way once you stop thinking of it as a backlog and start calling it a library it will change the way you think of your collection.

Am I proud to have this in my library, is this cool, unique or a defining title in gaming history? Is this something I loved and would be happy to share? The hard stuff to get rid of are the things that do not meet these criteria but will only net 25 cents and that is the direction most of these $2 games are headed. Get something out of them while you can. I have purged ~40 so far and hope to do another batch or two over the weekend.

Get out of here with your logic. This is cheapassbacklogger for most of us.

Jokes aside it is good to take this perspective and check in on occasion. None of us are going to outright stop buying stuff.

I have around 2,000 games from intellivision to ps4 with almost every system in between. Some have personal meaning to me and I will never part with. Some stuff I keep to share with my kids, but this promo is great to help cull the herd and free up space. I am never going to play old versions of Madden or Fifa or some offbrand generic shooter with dated mechanics or other dime a dozen experiences and blah story lines.

Am I likely to go back and play the original Halo on xbox or Final Fantasy on my NES probably not especially if there are updated versions like Halo remaster. I loved these games and some stuff I keep because of that.

Things like the original Metroid and Legend of Zelda NES or SNFU on intellivision I hope to play with my kids so it is worth it for me to hold on to them.
Stuff that is weird or unique or redefined gaming is also a draw for me to keep in my gaming library. By the way once you stop thinking of it as a backlog and start calling it a library it will change the way you think of your collection.

Am I proud to have this in my library, is this cool, unique or a defining title in gaming history? Is this something I loved and would be happy to share? The hard stuff to get rid of are the things that do not meet these criteria but will only net 25 cents and that is the direction most of these $2 games are headed. Get something out of them while you can. I have purged ~40 so far and hope to do another batch or two over the weekend.
I generally keep my Nintendo stuff, like my N64 collection I have too many memories that is not worth the money I would get. So I totally get you. But yes, these sales are great to get rid of stuff that are generic, play-them-once-and-forget type games. I still have a massive backlog, despite the games I got rid of.

Yeah it's been low for quite awhile now. Sucks since I have 2 sitting around. If the others are getting $41 after the promo this seems like a pretty good time to jump ship and trade em.
It was lower that the other premium switch games earlier this month during the Prestige Days. Maybe its time has passed.
Sad to see this passing. I built my GameStop trade fortune on the back of the Wii U version of this game haha. I also have 2 Switch copies just hanging out. I'm on then fence about trading them in now though. CAG decisions decisions....

Is there an easy way of checking trade values now, by system? Typing in "switch" in the trade estimate search and sorting highest to lowest isn't working.

This is fucked.

Going to take advantage of this trade bonus as there is a lot of games I want to get rid of just hope they will take my retro games as I have had trouble in the past with that.  Also debating on if its worth getting rid of some first party switch games or not especially if they are $30 base.

Hmm. Just tried another store and same issue. My GC Splinter Cell did NOT get the automatic $5 bonus. I didn't want to fight it, so just went ahead and traded it in. Maybe it's only that specific game? Also can confirm the $30 TIV for the switch games. got $38 for them with the pro bonus. 
EDIT: jesus how do i make this photo smaller!? LMAO

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:32632]

Chimeratwin, yes that's exactly right. After having kids, I am lucky to play 30 mins a day so you can imagine how long that'd take. There are some games I'll likely never trade in, but they're few and far between.

At this point I think I will make a spreadsheet of Gamestop value / eBay value and chart them out like that. Some of them are clearly not worth it (sell for $20+ on eBay and get $0.25 or something in GS), but many are very close with this $5 promotion :).

Thanks again for your advice!

Woah, Let's Go on Switch gives that much? Gonna have to trade that since I got the one with a pokeball for $50 at BB. Will just sell the ball on eBay or something but never gonna play the game since it was a wash.

All the PS2 games I tried to trade were either below $2 or not taken at all. Same for a majority of PS3/Xbox 360 games I tried. Then again, anything I wasn't giving up or putting on eBay were worth far more than they'd give, so makes sense, the bastards.

As a gamer with a crazy backlog (some might call me a game hoarder) these events seem to offer a great deal in getting rid of a lot of titles that I know I'll never get to. The problem is every time this comes up I look up the values and realize I sat on them too long. Some new titles I bought for $20 are now like $3 trade in lol. I don't have the heart to trade them in, even though I may never play them, and selling on eBay/Amazon/Mercari is kind of pointless too unless you bundle them with others.

I may just bite the bullet this time and trade some in to get some credit. Decisions, decisions...
Just do it. I looked at it the same way. Now I have (had) $450+ in credit...

How does price matching work? I heard that they price match now but I have no idea how it works and can't even seem to find details when googling it. There is a game that they charge $24.99 for USED that is $19.99 new at both Amazon and Best Buy. Who do they price match and can I just show them the site on my phone or does it have to be some kind of physical ad? Would they price match a used game price to a new game or is it only for new games?

Are you guys having issues redeeming reward coupons on the app? I’m getting an error message[attachment=32633:25749710-17EA-42A6-915B-838133A7A4B6.jpeg]

Got my $99 Zelda Wii U system today, the Tablet controller looks brand new and it has Mario Kart 8 installed. They did a great job packing it, it was in a box with bubble wrap and then inside another box with even more air pockets. It even had instructions.

Got my $99 Zelda Wii U system today, the Tablet controller looks brand new and it has Mario Kart 8 installed. They did a great job packing it, it was in a box with bubble wrap and then inside another box with even more air pockets. It Even had instructions.
I bought 32gb black last week and honestly looked great condition. No dents or noticeable damage.

Had micro scratches, but those happen even if you take care of it, as it's glossy.

Mine wasn't packed too well, but it was only instore, so no shipping.

Still haven't removed top plastic they put over screen, waiting for screen protector.

Woah, Let's Go on Switch gives that much? Gonna have to trade that since I got the one with a pokeball for $50 at BB. Will just sell the ball on eBay or something but never gonna play the game since it was a wash.

All the PS2 games I tried to trade were either below $2 or not taken at all. Same for a majority of PS3/Xbox 360 games I tried. Then again, anything I wasn't giving up or putting on eBay were worth far more than they'd give, so makes sense, the bastards.
I am thinking I need to trade my copy in as well. $38 is solid for Let's Go. I haven't played it in quite some time and honestly liked it more than I thought I would, but it's just way too easy even for a Pokemon game and I didn't like the Pokemon Go style mechanics.

Wow the new website sucks, so there is no way to apply another person's PUR account number when checking out online now? Used to order with a friends Elite pro account online all the time!

Just making sure, but retro games don't need cases or manuals, right? And do they check each one? I have a bunch of ps2 games sitting around on a spindle that I assume work, but don't have a way to check at the moment.

Just making sure, but retro games don't need cases or manuals, right? And do they check each one? I have a bunch of ps2 games sitting around on a spindle that I assume work, but don't have a way to check at the moment.
No manuals or cases needed.

They just check for scratches and no poop stains

I got a bunch of ps2 games but none of mine are worth $2 or they aren’t even listed on the website...I’d say some good $10-$15 games too too bad as I started to sell my ps2 collection off these were the remaining games I’d love to get rid of them for $7 a piece

Hmm, Wii sports is higher than usual. I have a pair of copies and with the $5 bump they'll trade in for 12.70 it looks like. Question is do I trade them in now or wait on a stealth bump since they usually for up to $18-20...

If anyone used to shop on Think Geek, unused Geek Points are supposed to get converted to Gamestop rewards after they closed down. I just got mine today. It's a rewards certificate but it's only valid for a month.

If anyone used to shop on Think Geek, unused Geek Points are supposed to get converted to Gamestop rewards after they closed down. I just got mine today. It's a rewards certificate but it's only valid for a month.
Just got mine as well and I don't really remember how many points I had... but a free $10 is a free $10 I guess. Says I can use it in store or online but not sure what input if I want to use this online.

Will wwe 2k20 smackdown edition come back in stock or is that it? Can I still order from store, even if out of stock online?

Not really related, but ordered some usb charging cables for Wii U gamepad.

2 of them are fine, but third one is ds charger...

Just got mine as well and I don't really remember how many points I had... but a free $10 is a free $10 I guess. Says I can use it in store or online but not sure what input if I want to use this online.
I'm assuming it's the letters and numbers underneath the barcode.

Not sure about where to enter it though. There's no PIN.

Lol, called back GS to see what happened with my trade in status and they are telling me the state of CA has stopped me from trading in for 90 days.

Edit: I did not trade in 4 or more of the same item in the last 30 days.

Lol, called back GS to see what happened with my trade in status and they are telling me the state of CA has stopped me from trading in for 90 days.

Sounds like you got hit by a JD.

image.jpg

What have you traded in, the last 2-3 months?

nvm, you said you hit the limit.

I went ahead and paid off Pokemon Shield and picked up another game, still have over $500 credit and tons of points. This has been a great promo and we still have another week of it? Awesome 

Hmm. Just tried another store and same issue. My GC Splinter Cell did NOT get the automatic $5 bonus. I didn't want to fight it, so just went ahead and traded it in. Maybe it's only that specific game? Also can confirm the $30 TIV for the switch games. got $38 for them with the pro bonus.
EDIT: jesus how do i make this photo smaller!? LMAO
yeah it must just be that game. I traded in only one gamecube game, starfox adventures, but it got the bonus. I've traded close to 100 games now over the last 5 days and had no problem. I'm sure if you'd mentioned it they would have given you the promo on that game.

Now, what to do with $800 in trade-in credit and over $100 in points. I pre-ordered one of the pokemon Switch Lites, I reckon I can flip that pretty easy, but what else?

So I received one of the $10 ThinkGeek emails and it says you can use it on the website but ... I don't see how since it is not the usual #'s and no PIN. I'm guessing they meant in store only?

Where are you finding games to trade in?
facebook marketplace and thrift stores/pawn shops that have PS3/360 games for $2-$3. Also got lucky getting PS4 games for $3 today as part of my bundle. GTA, Spiderman and LBP3 to name a few. Making the most with these flips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back