2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, Wii sports is higher than usual. I have a pair of copies and with the $5 bump they'll trade in for 12.70 it looks like. Question is do I trade them in now or wait on a stealth bump since they usually for up to $18-20...
Sheeesh. I traded in three copies for $8 each. My three copies were heavily scratched, and I received them from gaming lots I bought over the past few years. So I lost out on $12. Oh well. I netted $340 after my trade ins so I bought a brand new Switch V2.

facebook marketplace and thrift stores/pawn shops that have PS3/360 games for $2-$3. Also got lucky getting PS4 games for $3 today as part of my bundle. GTA, Spiderman and LBP3 to name a few. Making the most with these flips.
You can find some great games locally. I sadly missed out on NCAA 14 (PS3 disc only) for $2, and six Switch games for $10 each. Kirby, Fifa, Ark, Lego, and two other games. You gotta be quick!

You can find some great games locally. I sadly missed out on NCAA 14 (PS3 disc only) for $2, and six Switch games for $10 each. Kirby, Fifa, Ark, Lego, and two other games. You gotta be quick!
someone has an XB1 console bundle up near me right now that I could profit $60 of store credit from with the current extra $25 promo but I'll let someone else have it since I'm good right now lol

someone has an XB1 console bundle up near me right now that I could profit $60 of store credit from with the current extra $25 promo but I'll let someone else have it since I'm good right now lol
Ha, I know the feeling. It's addicting, but it's also funny to see how people price things. For instance, there's a guy selling used Xbox One controllers for $40-$45. Umm, no. You can typically snag Xbox One controllers for $40 new from Amazon, Newegg etc.

Ha, I know the feeling. It's addicting, but it's also funny to see how people price things. For instance, there's a guy selling used Xbox One controllers for $40-$45. Umm, no. You can typically snag Xbox One controllers for $40 new from Amazon, Newegg etc.
yeah I'm looking at a Wii bundle right now with games that probably get around $15 store credit combined and they want $175 for it lol

yeah I'm looking at a Wii bundle right now with games that probably get around $15 store credit combined and they want $175 for it lol
HAHA, that's great. People are so out of touch. I like seeing the overpriced Switch bundles. There was a listing where the guy wanted $450-$475 for the lot. I think it came with the system, one game, and third party accessories. You might get $300-$325 max.

HAHA, that's great. People are so out of touch. I like seeing the overpriced Switch bundles. There was a listing where the guy wanted $450-$475 for the lot. I think it came with the system, one game, and third party accessories. You might get $300-$325 max.
as bad as some of them are, there's some fantastic flips as well. Just gotta watch it throughout the day!

I went to a few second hand stores and picked up 8 games for $10.  Ended up trading them in for $72 in credit.  Wii Sports alone goes for $12 credit.  Pretty crazy for one of the best selling games of all time.

I went to a few second hand stores and picked up 8 games for $10. Ended up trading them in for $72 in credit. Wii Sports alone goes for $12 credit. Pretty crazy for one of the best selling games of all time.
my flips today got a profit of almost $80. I believe that brings my total from this one place to over $220 in two trips this week.

I had one game today, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories on GBA that got the bump even though it was only worth $1.  It was definitely worth at least $2 when I added it to my list on wednesday. And oddly it shows up twice when you search for its value on the desktop site, both entries say $1. But I got $6.20 today.  Unless he just added the promo to it manually because I've traded in so much stuff lately.

Bought Wii U on Saturday, 7 day return policy means I can return that this Saturday until store closes?

The Wii U is cool and everything, but gamepad battery is like 1 hour. A pain to get into hombrew and overall gamepad not that impressive.

Still undecided.

Have a decent PC that can run gamecube/wii games in higher resolution and better picture. Need to think hard about this.

Here's the relevant convo...

"Waits till 8:45 on 7th day to say oh i just didnt like it"

"You mean 8th day

They never remember to count the day they bought it"

"Hahahaha im so strict if its a day off NOPE

Trading that bitch in for cash"

"My favorite is when someone buys on the 10th and wants to return on the 17th

Sorry sir, day seven was yesterday"

"Naw man I bought it on the 10 it been 7"

"Exactly. The tenth is day 1. That makes the 17th day 8.
I can get you $18 right now tho"
If they really want to play like that, 7 days is 168 hours....

"You mean 8th day

All these employees cant do simple math. I guess whatever rocks their jollies.

gamestop are you fucking kidding me with this website

did you really fall for the "nothing but tiles and 85% white space, you know like an app!" meme this hard?

did you actually classify dlc and microtransactions as "games" now in search results? do you really believe that 3 items listed need to take up 50% of the screen? and that you have the condition and price written in a tiny bar that takes up 1/20th of the space below the item picture you put there?

im a fan of blocking the people who see the word "gamestop" and come out of the woodwork to post about stocks or some garbage clickbait video on why gamestop is doomed but this is an honest reason for me to say that my business done with gamestop will reduce. and you cant even say its more stable since now the site will simply never load on chrome at all ever. this is a fucking embarrassment and im baffled as much as i am pissed. 

"You mean 8th day

I've seen that on the subreddit too. I'd trade for cash, burn them on the survey and get the difference back from the DM.

So since moving to the middle of nowhere I have way less sources for cheap trade fodder. Any good Redbox flips currently?
i feel you. sonic mania plus (ps4) is $12.99 near me and trades for $17 ($12 base +$5). that's about as good as it gets... i picked up shadow of the tomb raider (X1) earlier this week for $9.99 and flipped it for $18 but they nerfed the TIV shortly after.

there are several break-even trades if you just want those sweet, sweet points lol - DMC5, RDR2, Divsion 2, Just Cause 4, PES 2018 to name a few

Think I will trade the Switch games that probably won’t hold their values until the next SB/50% trade in like MUA3 and Pokémon and hold onto MM2 and NSMU

I am thinking I need to trade my copy in as well. $38 is solid for Let's Go. I haven't played it in quite some time and honestly liked it more than I thought I would, but it's just way too easy even for a Pokemon game and I didn't like the Pokemon Go style mechanics.
I derped and read it as $38 base, with the 3+5 tacked on top. Not worth it to me for $38 since I can just sell it on eBay with the pokeball for $85+. Still have the steelbook from when BB was handing them out for a dollar, so tacking that on and it'd go for $120. GS can't beat that lol.

Got home last night only to open up my games and see that they forgot to put the disks in the cases. FFS!!!! 

Hell, I was tired enough not to notice either so I don't particularly blame the new guy for having a brain-fart. I just hope nobody gives me shit when I come in again today to get the actual games I bought (and do more trade-ins while I'm at it.)

Got home last night only to open up my games and see that they forgot to put the disks in the cases. FFS!!!!

Hell, I was tired enough not to notice either so I don't particularly blame the new guy for having a brain-fart. I just hope nobody gives me shit when I come in again today to get the actual games I bought (and do more trade-ins while I'm at it.)

That happen to me the other day too!!! They gave me 10% credit back for the inconvenience when I went to pick them up. Said they were training a new guy. Guess it happens so whatevs.

I always make sure and check my games while I'm in the store. A few times they have given me the wrong game inside a different case or they forget to give me the second disc in a 2 disc game. Let this be a lesson to everyone else on here, always check your games before leaving the store.

I always make sure and check my games while I'm in the store. A few times they have given me the wrong game inside a different case or they forget to give me the second disc in a 2 disc game. Let this be a lesson to everyone else on here, always check your games before leaving the store.
I started doing this, too. After I'm done paying I just step aside and use an extra counter space to check. You kinda look like a fool when you're doing it, but I'd rather check than have to come back.

I started doing this, too. After I'm done paying I just step aside and use an extra counter space to check. You kinda look like a fool when you're doing it, but I'd rather check than have to come back.
Yup do the same thing. I do it standing inside the store near the door. Probably look even more foolish but who cares :)

I do this as well every time. Last b2g1, they gave me an empty case for breath of the wild which was reserved.

They couldn’t find the game so the employee (who didn’t fill the reserve) apologized and then bought back “zelda” for the full preowned price ($55+tax), purchased another top tier switch game for the elite price ($44+tax) and gave me difference in cash.

lastly, i returned the $44 game and rebought as b2g1 at another store

my ocd was justified imo :D

This kind of happened to me.

I bought Uncharted 4 off the website for $5 and they sent it without case. I decided to return it to the store and the girl stops and says "this is the wrong game". I look at the disc and it says "The Lost Legacy".

So instead of getting my $5 back, I decide to trade Lost Legacy in for $10.

About the only nice thing I can say about the new website is that at least when I search a game's title, the top results are the actual game, and that all possible condition types (new, used, digital) are right there too. So annoying when instead of the game being at the top of the list, 72 different types of DLC would be instead. Saves some scrolling,

Just noticed that the refurb fees are treated as a "purchase" with sales tax
If they are charging you sales tax for a service its because where you live requires them to. You are technically buying a service, they are refurbishing your game to a saleable condition. In Florida that is not one of our taxable services though, so no tax. Gamestop doesn't have any say in what gets charged sales tax and what doesnt.

Went yard saleing the last couple of days and got 12 PS4 and 3DS games. Along with a couple of Vintage games I got for cheap that were worth as much as I would've gotten on ebay I ended up getting like $166 trade in credit.

Good haul ^ I went to the flea market and some guy I usually buy stuff from had some 360 and Wii games....but he wanted 120 for all them lol

Idk sometimes these sellers are bipolar when it comes to pricing...one time he called me a side handed me some Gba games gears 3 controller and Mario kart Wii and new super Mario Bros for $12....next time he had regular 360 controllers and wanted $15 each lol

Me too. I mean a lot of the games I got would've been a steal at $5 apiece, let alone $1-2 apiece. This weekend and the trade in credit has pretty much funded my gaming for the rest of the year.

So was able to return wii u, no problems.

If anyone wants screen protector, 10ft usb cable and ac adaptor for gamepad pm me. Just pay shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back