2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the place that I thought could be good to pick up some old PS3 and 360 games to flip turned into an instant bust. The guy who runs it is bit of an odd ball and doesn't seem like the price negotiating type. Oh well, gonna check out some nearby pawn shops and see what games they have in stock.

So going to likely buy 8 $50 xbox codes and maybe buy this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-notebook-flash-np530xbb-k03us-laptop/8skp2ddbvcpr/719n?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Not the type who buys many games, so gamestop credit is not too useful. Only games I'm buying for now is COD MW.
Do yourself a favor and sell the credit and buy a better laptop somewhere else. Even if you only get 85% face you will find way better laptops out there.

Should easily get a I3 8th gen or maybe even a i5 with better hard drive space and ram with maybe even a decent graphics card for some light gaming. That laptop is a joke.

I checked found some better ones at $299.99-$249.99.

Do yourself a favor and sell the credit and buy a better laptop somewhere else. Even if you only get 85% face you will find way better laptops out there.

Should easily get a I3 8th gen or maybe even a i5 with better hard drive space and ram with maybe even a decent graphics card for some light gaming. That laptop is a joke.

I checked found some better ones at $299.99-$249.99.
What do you think of this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-ideapad-s340-81qg0000us-laptop/8tc1txs7wj2m?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Specs are good/decent, but have heard screen is a terrible TN.

What do you think of this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-ideapad-s340-81qg0000us-laptop/8tc1txs7wj2m?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Specs are good/decent, but have heard screen is a terrible TN.
The price is high unless you really want a touch screen. As stated before just sell the gift cards at those prices and buy elsewhere.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/605979/ideapad-330-15ast-156-laptop-computer---grey

NVM bad processor give me some time.

Maybe that one is decent for a touch screen.

similar price ($100 more) better specs.

Lenovo Flex 14, 14.0"

Features:
  • Memory: 16 GB DDR4 2400MHz
  • Hard Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive
  • Product Weight: 3.52
  • Battery: 4 Cell Li-Polymer
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 4.2
  • Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
Product Attributes:
  • Display Type : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, glossy, multi-touch
  • Finger Print Reader : Fingerprint Reader
  • Graphics Memory Technology : Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
  • Language : EN
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
  • Processor Type : 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 3.90GHz with Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
  • Screen Size : 14.0
https://www.rakuten.com/shop/lenovo/product/81SQ000AUS/?scid=af_linkshare_208164&PublisherName=Slickdeals+LLC&ranMID=36342&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-EduvzYG9jNWbh3aSmh8eDw&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-EduvzYG9jNWbh3aSmh8eDw
He is buying Microsoft credits with Gamestop credits. He would have to sell his credits to use it there so picking one with a lower price seems more logical. At that point I probably just go with the Dell G3 Microsoft offers so I could do some more heavy gaming.

Just want something with good battery life and not a thick laptop. Gaming is a plus, but not needed.

Going to run linux on it mostly, so not as heavy as windows. Windows really does use a lot more ram.

He has a budget or $440 in credit. He may wish to spend more but I think $599.99 is a little out of range but I may be wrong. I would recommend that one if he was doing medium to light gaming though.
Okay. Best in his range is this:

• 15.6-inch Full HD touchscreen

• AMD Ryzen 3 3200U

• 8GB memory/128GB SSD

Buy an external HD later and you're set.

Also looks like most non-mainstream 360 games are showing up as "unavailable" on store pickups. I know that's false because I've been tracking multiple 360 games that are too far away for me to go out of my way for that have been available for MONTHS in multiple locations around. The likelihood that someone bought them all since the update is 0%.

Now I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get my hands on them after this absolute disaster of an update.

Nope, also can't choose "available for shipping" on the website either.
That's just terrible. Not only for convenience but for business as well. So many price drops that they dont advertise that will go unnoticed and will likely lose them a good amount of sales. Almost no reason to worry about shopping there now.

Well the place that I thought could be good to pick up some old PS3 and 360 games to flip turned into an instant bust. The guy who runs it is bit of an odd ball and doesn't seem like the price negotiating type. Oh well, gonna check out some nearby pawn shops and see what games they have in stock.
The pawn shop I was going to would give me better deals if I bought more games, but the last time the manager wasn't feeling it and told me he wouldn't go lower than $5 per game or he would be losing money. I wanted to either call bullshit that he's paying out $5 for last gen games (especially since most of his inventory was garbage) or run home and come back with boxes full of PS3/360 games.

Also looks like most non-mainstream 360 games are showing up as "unavailable" on store pickups. I know that's false because I've been tracking multiple 360 games that are too far away for me to go out of my way for that have been available for MONTHS in multiple locations around. The likelihood that someone bought them all since the update is 0%.

Now I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get my hands on them after this absolute disaster of an update.

That's just terrible. Not only for convenience but for business as well. So many price drops that they dont advertise that will go unnoticed and will likely lose them a good amount of sales. Almost no reason to worry about shopping there now.
Are you on the app or the website? The app hasn't been showing accurate preowned inventory since the beginning of July, and that would really suck if they broke the website now too.

The pawn shop I was going to would give me better deals if I bought more games, but the last time the manager wasn't feeling it and told me he wouldn't go lower than $5 per game or he would be losing money. I wanted to either call bullshit that he's paying out $5 for last gen games (especially since most of his inventory was garbage) or run home and come back with boxes full of PS3/360 games.
I would have gone back with the boxes full of PS3/360 games and make him eat his words. At the pawn shop I go to it depends on who's working that day and if they're willing to negotiate. Hopefully tomorrow I can find a good bundle of games and the person at the counter is willing to work with me on pricing.

So how long will my xbox code order be "in progress"?

Last couple came in seconds.

edit: came in 20 minutes.

Are you on the app or the website? The app hasn't been showing accurate preowned inventory since the beginning of July, and that would really suck if they broke the website now too.
I usually only use website for inventory. I haven't figured out a way (haven't really tried tbh) to find out how to have the app show me stores 15+ miles away. At least on my end the website is completely screwed up when it comes to inventory.

I really think the website only shows in stock now if they have at least 2 copies on hand.
If that's true then that's absolutely devastating. Many people swear off gamestop but if that's a new change then there is basically no reason to shop there. My main business to gamestop now is 4 for 10s and 4 for 20s to try and build a collection of 360 games I hope to get to someday, and it would absolutely not be worth the hassle of going to every gamestop to single handedly check inventory just for a yellow disc case when you can probably get it on Amazon for a little bit more but in an actual case.

That would just be so sad. Why gamestop, why?

Did a 2nd trade-in right after work today for a brand new v2 Switch.

Note: 1st trade-in for a 2DS XL on Wednesday.

IMG-3220.jpg

IMG-5063.jpg

All games + controllers on the receipt bought from thrift stores (half of them this past weekend - all discs in 7 and under condition) and redbox (got them awhile back) = $66 out of my pocket.

Note: I only keep and re-sell discs 8 and up condition.

Turned $66 into $236.4 store credit. I could have thrifted for more games (Goodwill had a 50% off promo on electronics / toys / video games) but LA traffic is horrible so I got lazy and coughed up $94 to get the v2 Switch.

Pretty much got a brand new v2 Switch for $160. 

Traded in another stack of titles last night, and picked up the revised Switch (for the first time). Thanks GS!

Now I just have to buy totally different games, and pick up eShop credit for a 'brand new to me' system....so I guess GS kind of wins in the end???

Crazy that you guys are finding this amount of games. I have never seen a single game at any Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. and the pawn shops here have old Wii games for like $8 a pop. I'd be cleaning up too if I could. 😭

The thrift stores in my area are pretty much dead at this point, they are definitely pulling games and other valuables and selling them elsewhere. I do have luck occasionally at the by the pound outlet stores, but garage sales are where I find most of my stuff now. And yes if something sells for way more on eBay I’ll list it there, but if it’s around $10 and has a $2 base, it’s worth it to just ditch it at GS.

Likewise, I've been to Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. in different cities within the past few weeks. Usually no games at all, but if there are, it's only last gen Maddens or something.

We had a local religious thrift store chain that used to get a decent amount of games, but sadly they filed for bankruptcy and went out of business earlier in the year

Looks like the switch value has held its trade value, just need it to hold until tomorrow when I get back from vacation.

Anyone know if it matters what color joy con is included with a switch trade?

Thinking about getting a gaming PC with my credit, but I feel like it would be such a dumb decision since I already own all six platforms for this current console generation and barely have time to play my 600+ backlog as it is.

Reports are coming in that half of the Game Informer staff was laid off today...

This is either a sign of Gamestop trimming some fat, getting ready for a sale, or the worst case scenario.

Edit: 2nd worst case scenario...since worst case scenario is gsdave coming back....

Can rewards certificate be used on digital codes online?

Want to buy a $15 off any item code and use on PS card.
i'm not sure if that would work since they offer PS cards as a reward anyways. Why not just cash in your points for a PS card and skip the middle step? IF they don't show up on the app, use the website instead.

Thinking about getting a gaming PC with my credit, but I feel like it would be such a dumb decision since I already own all six platforms for this current console generation and barely have time to play my 600+ backlog as it is.
"All six platforms" for this current generation...So XBOX One, XBOX One S, XBox One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, and Switch?

"All six platforms" for this current generation...So XBOX One, XBOX One S, XBox One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, and Switch?
PS4, Xbox One, Switch, 3DS, Vita, and...Mobile? :whistle2:k

i'm not sure if that would work since they offer PS cards as a reward anyways. Why not just cash in your points for a PS card and skip the middle step? IF they don't show up on the app, use the website instead.
Thanks, had been looking at the app and had no PS codes. Desktop site shows them.

Did a 2nd trade-in right after work today for a brand new v2 Switch.

Note: 1st trade-in for a 2DS XL on Wednesday.

IMG-3220.jpg

IMG-5063.jpg

All games + controllers on the receipt bought from thrift stores (half of them this past weekend - all discs in 7 and under condition) and redbox (got them awhile back) = $66 out of my pocket.

Note: I only keep and re-sell discs 8 and up condition.

Turned $66 into $236.4 store credit. I could have thrifted for more games (Goodwill had a 50% off promo on electronics / toys / video games) but LA traffic is horrible so I got lazy and coughed up $94 to get the v2 Switch.

Pretty much got a brand new v2 Switch for $160.
Twilight Princess was worth double that on eBay FYI. Only reason I know is because I'm thinking about lot selling the Zelda games I have to GC to get rid of them.

Crazy that you guys are finding this amount of games. I have never seen a single game at any Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. and the pawn shops here have old Wii games for like $8 a pop. I'd be cleaning up too if I could.
I live in los angeles so there's like a thrift store in every corner lol. I have a few favorites (gets a lot of video games and accessories donated by target and gamestop) that I know get games on a weekly basis. It's my go to spot.

Here is a couple snap shots of my thrift adventures last weekend. I kept super smash bros and pokepark since they are in pristine mint condition. I'm picky when it comes to disc condition.

IMG-4397.jpg
IMG-3855.jpg

Picked up a switch bundle from fb marketplace real cheap today. Thinking about trading this switch for the new one and keeping my old one to mod.

Can you transfer saves system to system? I know dark souls doesn’t have cloud saving and I have 10-15 hours in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back