2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This worked out great for me, found a 20GB backward compatible PS3 at local store. Note that the POS did not take $20 off, needed an override for that. Firmware on the system is 2.42, crazy. Used a bunch of reward certs, so only ended up paying about $10.
Nice find, used to have one. If you notice it's fan being really loud or it running quite hot, I highly recommend re-applying the thermal paste (use Arctic Silver 5). Way back when the ps3 slim was new I did that to mine and it was night and day with how it ran quiet and pretty cool too (put something under the base like 4 little rubber feet to allow air flow). This way you can avoid it ever dying on you.

I ended up selling my 20gb phat for a slim that had a bigger heatsink before it was shrunk on the next revision. Didn't bother me much to lose the ps2 compatibility personally.

This worked out great for me, found a 20GB backward compatible PS3 at local store. Note that the POS did not take $20 off, needed an override for that. Firmware on the system is 2.42, crazy. Used a bunch of reward certs, so only ended up paying about $10.
I found the 60 GB launch PS3 at a pawn shop. The owner said it was broken and didn't work. I offered him 20 bucks for it with no cables or anything. Brought it home and hooked it up and has worked like a charm ever since and that was 8 years ago lol

I bought a 360 that was supposed to be 500GB at gamestop.com for $120 back in May. I didn't hook it up until yesterday and found out it only has 13.8GB with some jury-rigged hard drive installed with tape.

I bought a 360 that was supposed to be 500GB at gamestop.com for $120 back in May. I didn't hook it up until yesterday and found out it only has 13.8GB with some jury-rigged hard drive installed with tape.
Jesus that sounds like mine, The model S 500GB taken out, 20GB launch era one extracted from the silver thingy, installed bare with tape to keep it from wobbling

Sorry?

I bought a few 250GB hard drives from GS during the last holiday B2G1, and couldn't download the OG Xbox backwards compatibility files because they weren't official Microsoft hard drives and didn't have the BC partition installed. I'm assuming GameStop got some 250GB drives on the cheap and threw them in the 3rd party black cases, but figured nobody would try to play Halo 2 in 2018 to notice.

I still own a 60 gig launch PS3. I got it fixed after it failed, but then I bought a new slim that's worked ever since and I put the old one away. I know it still works and I never wanted to sell it, but it's time remaining may be limited because the repair shop guy said that the heat had warped the board.

If the PS5 is a glorious machine that is backwards compatible with everything then I'll probably try and sell it.
I have a 60gb ps3 as well that got the YLOD from playing Modern Warfare 2 (friday night of mw2 launch week)

That Saturday morning I researched YLOD (never heard of it unlike the RROD) and then took apart the ps3....complete teardown to get to the mobo.

I reflowed the board with a heat gun and let it rest. I went to the store to get thermal paste and food. Upon return, applied paste and put humpty dumpty back together.

That night I was playing MW2 again. The ps3 lasted about a month before YLOD struck again. I fixed it again, but decided to buy a slim versus play the “reflow” game.

It’s in a bin for posterity just like yours lol

Is there a way to know if you're blocked from ordering online, without having to call and wait on hold?
The "your credit card isn't work, etc" message that multiple people have mentioned here means that you're blocked. If you're getting that over and over and you didn't type something in wrong, you're blocked online.

I will always question why people acquire so many games and how they find the time to play them.
I'm a collector but I have no intention of keeping the majority of these.

Did you do this in store or online? I cant get the 3 for 25 to show up in cart. It is only showing my pro discount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
In store only. 4 stores actually, no way you can find that many decent games in one store.

The "your credit card isn't work, etc" message that multiple people have mentioned here means that you're blocked. If you're getting that over and over and you didn't type something in wrong, you're blocked online.
I am getting "The transaction was declined. Please use a different payment method." And given I am using the same TC that I did during the Labor Day sale, I am going to guess I have been blocked.

I am getting "The transaction was declined. Please use a different payment method." And given I am using the same TC that I did during the Labor Day sale, I am going to guess I have been blocked.
Just tried a GC and the order went through. Anyone heard of not being able to use their TC online anymore?

How many orders did you put through on labor day? I thought I read here, a long time ago, that if you put in too many orders in a short period of time they block you and you cant make purchases. That or you buy multiples of the same game.

How many orders did you put through on labor day? I thought I read here, a long time ago, that if you put in too many orders in a short period of time they block you and you cant make purchases. That or you buy multiples of the same game.
Apparently they didn't like the USPS proposed address they wanted me to use. So I changed it to how I write my address, and my orders went through. Not really sure why your billing address matters with TC but that's GameStop for you.

My home store finally scored Prestige Status - no more driving 70 minutes one way minimum for Prestige Day.  When does the Q4 Prestige Day usually fall?

Long time reader, first time poster.  Wanted to post this here as I know I am not the only one having Gamestop gift card problems - lots of reports about this on twitter, reddit, and other sites.  And GS subreddit banned me and removed post as soon as I posted there:

To anyone unable to redeem Gamestop gift cards online/instore: please consider reporting this to the Texas Attorney General's Consumer Complaint form online and also look if your own state Attorney General has a similar complaint form to submit.  It needs to be reported in TX specifically because that is where Gamestop HQ is.  I have already done so myself, and the more affected customers that report it, the more likely some kind of investigation may be opened.  I have read the multiple reports of GS gift cards being unusable online here and on Reddit, Twitter and others, and for me, mine are also unusable instore as some scumbag area "manager" has apparently told all the stores that are in my local area to not accept the "digital" eGiftCards that GS sells on their own website in any of the stores this "manager" has control over.  So that is a separate issue I am dealing with.  But the "transaction declined" when attempting to use GS gift cards on their website is inexcusable, and GS may even be violating laws regarding gift cards.  And they are clearly breaching their own gift card terms and conditions which state the cards are able to be used instore and online.

It may take a few minutes of your time, but if you are like me and can't get help from Gamestop directly regarding this, lots of separate people reporting it may be the only hope of getting someone with authority to look into Gamestop's gift card practices.  And pass this on to any friends/family you hear are having the same issues.

It won't let me post the links, but if you google "texas attorney general consumer complaint form" it should be the first one.

Google "find your state attorney general" - first site should help find the AG for your state.

Here is the info needed to make the report on the TX AG website:
Business name: GameStop Corp.
Phone: 817-424-2000
Address: 625 Westport Parkway
City: Grapevine
County: Tarrant
State: TX
ZIP: 76051

Long time reader, first time poster. Wanted to post this here as I know I am not the only one having Gamestop gift card problems - lots of reports about this on twitter, reddit, and other sites. And GS subreddit banned me and removed post as soon as I posted there:

To anyone unable to redeem Gamestop gift cards online/instore: please consider reporting this to the Texas Attorney General's Consumer Complaint form online and also look if your own state Attorney General has a similar complaint form to submit. It needs to be reported in TX specifically because that is where Gamestop HQ is. I have already done so myself, and the more affected customers that report it, the more likely some kind of investigation may be opened. I have read the multiple reports of GS gift cards being unusable online here and on Reddit, Twitter and others, and for me, mine are also unusable instore as some scumbag area "manager" has apparently told all the stores that are in my local area to not accept the "digital" eGiftCards that GS sells on their own website in any of the stores this "manager" has control over. So that is a separate issue I am dealing with. But the "transaction declined" when attempting to use GS gift cards on their website is inexcusable, and GS may even be violating laws regarding gift cards. And they are clearly breaching their own gift card terms and conditions which state the cards are able to be used instore and online.

It may take a few minutes of your time, but if you are like me and can't get help from Gamestop directly regarding this, lots of separate people reporting it may be the only hope of getting someone with authority to look into Gamestop's gift card practices. And pass this on to any friends/family you hear are having the same issues.

It won't let me post the links, but if you google "texas attorney general consumer complaint form" it should be the first one.
Google "find your state attorney general" - first site should help find the AG for your state.

Looks like poor ol’ Dave got laid off...

Went to pick up my last order from the Labor day deal today, said it was ready for pickup. Employee couldn't find the preowned switch game, and ended up just handing me a new copy of the game. The order still shows ready for pickup. I'm sure he verified I had the order on his end, but he just looked at the email I showed him and didn't give a receipt or anything.

Well, it is the only system that plays PS3 games.
True, but for $70 though. Nearing the end of PS4. I don't think PS2's were $70 when the PS3 was ending.

Name checks out.
Not all of us can be movie stars that save the world. So much anti-CAG mannerisms lately.

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with Gamestop gift cards in-store. Online, is a whole other beast.

More than half the time, it won't even check the balance. Gives an invalid message, rather than $0 or whatever is on the card.

Someone give me a lead, so I can join the flipping crusade. Current generation, here I come!

True, but for $70 though. Nearing the end of PS4. I don't think PS2's were $70 when the PS3 was ending.
It's also a wireless smart blu-ray player, which don't really drop below $40. People are obviously still buying them or else they wouldn't be that price. I mean Amazon Marketplace's cheapest 12GB PS3 is $75... https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-Playstation-System-3/dp/B00E369SDM/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=playstation+3+12gb&qid=1568113425&s=gateway&sr=8-2

PS2s never really dropped below $50 IIRC, but they weren't the multimedia machine that the PS3 is. They just had a basic DVD player and no WiFi

I've been checking for the cheapest consoles to get the extra 20% off and the UFC trainer game qualifies too? Has anyone actually tried that in store?

Long time reader, first time poster. Wanted to post this here as I know I am not the only one having Gamestop gift card problems - lots of reports about this on twitter, reddit, and other sites. And GS subreddit banned me and removed post as soon as I posted there:

To anyone unable to redeem Gamestop gift cards online/instore: please consider reporting this to the Texas Attorney General's Consumer Complaint form online and also look if your own state Attorney General has a similar complaint form to submit. It needs to be reported in TX specifically because that is where Gamestop HQ is. I have already done so myself, and the more affected customers that report it, the more likely some kind of investigation may be opened. I have read the multiple reports of GS gift cards being unusable online here and on Reddit, Twitter and others, and for me, mine are also unusable instore as some scumbag area "manager" has apparently told all the stores that are in my local area to not accept the "digital" eGiftCards that GS sells on their own website in any of the stores this "manager" has control over. So that is a separate issue I am dealing with. But the "transaction declined" when attempting to use GS gift cards on their website is inexcusable, and GS may even be violating laws regarding gift cards. And they are clearly breaching their own gift card terms and conditions which state the cards are able to be used instore and online.

It may take a few minutes of your time, but if you are like me and can't get help from Gamestop directly regarding this, lots of separate people reporting it may be the only hope of getting someone with authority to look into Gamestop's gift card practices. And pass this on to any friends/family you hear are having the same issues.

While you are at it you should complain about them selling open and sometimes clearly used games as new. Maybe an AG will finally care about their shady business practices.

Anyone have issues ordering more than 2 games when using CAG16? When I do 3, it takes the discount off but I always get 'transaction declined' when submitting the order. I have no issues when placing it for 1 or 2 games though.

Anyone have issues ordering more than 2 games when using CAG16? When I do 3, it takes the discount off but I always get 'transaction declined' when submitting the order. I have no issues when placing it for 1 or 2 games though.
I've never been able to get 3 to go through even though the terms of the promo code say it applies to 3 games

Anyone ever use the gamestop layaway program? I was thinking of putting a few bucks down on a blue switch Lite just to ensure I have one saved for me, and then canceling later if I find a bundle near black Friday or something.

I wanna get it for my mom for Xmas.

For the labor day sale, I did the "pay online, pick up in store" option and used TC on my purchases, and like all online orders, tax was charged. However, TC is not taxed in store in my state, so I asked the associate at the store if they could refund the tax when I went to pick up the orders, and he told me to call customer service. I finally got around to that today, and the rep told me that it's working as expected - tax is charged on all site orders (if the state charges tax) and there was nothing he could do about it.

I know some people here had luck getting the tax refunded; how did ya'll go about doing that?

I just got 2 “blank” emails with the title my order has been shipped and nothing in the email itself. Thing is I didn’t order anything.

To anyone that finds Ice Kait controllers at Gamestop the DLC by itself sells for easily $50+ online so a $15 Xbox One controller.

Fortnite Dark Vertex Cosmetic also sells for $80-100 online so a easy Xbox S for $220 new which is not a great deal.

SueMana, thanks for the tip! The million dollar question is: How do you sell digital codes / DLC without the buyer receiving them, redeeming them and then saying "The code didn't work, I want my money back" on eBay?.

SueMana, thanks for the tip! The million dollar question is: How do you sell digital codes / DLC without the buyer receiving them, redeeming them and then saying "The code didn't work, I want my money back" on eBay?.
In that case, contact Microsoft CS through chat and they should be able to tell you when the code was redeemed.

I just got 2 “blank” emails with the title my order has been shipped and nothing in the email itself. Thing is I didn’t order anything.
I got one this morning. Figured it was for Borderlands 3, until I opened it and saw it was blank. Checked the order status and it hadn't shipped yet.

DO NOT USE eBay to many scammers try another digital code selling site

SueMana, thanks so much! I have two of these controllers ordered and don't need the DLC so that's perfect :). Do you have any in particular besides CAG? I've never really sold DLC codes successfully (so many scammers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back