2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diablo III on switch for $40 seems fairly slick. Not $12 on BF from Walmart slick, but reasonable since I don't think it goes on sale often.

Preordered Zelda the other day in full with TC but decided to cancel since it doesn't have d-pad support (though on 3DS the DX version supports analog and d-pad) and I'll just play it on 3DS. When I called to cancel it they said I had to cancel in person. Is this true?
It's a different game why are you expecting it to have dpad support? Definitely doesn't seem like a reason to skip the game over unless you have some sort of disability where you can't use an analog stick.

Man of Medan is very much worth $20 if you enjoyed Until Dawn. 

Not too much I am seeing that I need to get, but Saints Row on Switch is tempting at that price. Does anyone know if it's been patched to run well on Switch? I remember hearing it ran pretty poorly. 

Man of Medan is very much worth $20 if you enjoyed Until Dawn.

Not too much I am seeing that I need to get, but Saints Row on Switch is tempting at that price. Does anyone know if it's been patched to run well on Switch? I remember hearing it ran pretty poorly.
Man of medan was the only thing that stood out to me, might pick that up for $20

Not really seeing anything worth a trip during the sale. Seems like a lot of games that they've had for the same prices during their sales the past 6 months.

Is it just me or is Forza Horizon 4 $30 on page 3 and $50 on page 6?
It's not just you. Maybe one is new and one is used? Although it would be pretty stupid if the new copy is the one that's $30.

What are you considering to be 8 good flips? I am not seeing a ton of profit for anything here?
Eh, I agree with you mostly. But I'm seeing ~$17 profit off of 5 games, so that's good enough for me. And since I don't have gigantic stashes of credit like some people here, every little bit helps.

Yeah it's a remake which is a completely new game. Why not refuse to play it because instead of just a two button game like on the gameboy they have expanded it to all the buttons? Seems like a bizarre reason to skip a game for.
Oh boy, coming in with the sass I see! :p The game itself is good but I don't find this iteration 10x better than the DX version I already have. They added a couple shells, hearts, and a half-baked, no-share dungeon creator thing. The lack of d-pad support and frame rate struggles don't help. To each their own but upon review, this isn't a game for me to own at $60.

Why is one 128gb SanDisk micro sd card $19.99 and the same size but "for Nintendo Switch" is $34.99?  Does the more expensive card have faster transfer speeds?

In the weekly ad, the TIV for certain tech (iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S9) towards a Switch is $200...but in the Pro Day ad those 2 same items are worth $300 TIV towards a Switch.  That's a big bump. 

I wonder if any consoles will also see an additional bump in TIV (towards a Switch) for Pro Day. 

Gungeon for 20 is a superb deal if you've never played it before and like to have physical media. There's so many hours of fun in that game. I suck awful at it but I probably played it for 60+ hours. I actually bought it digital as well as physical for my ps4 because I like to revisit it randomly.

Very highly recommended by me.

Preemptively putting the bug in anyone's ear to report on whether the 20% bonus towards Zelda applies tonight *and* also tomorrow morning. I have lots of trades to do but they're now barely worth it unless that is in effect.

Preemptively putting the bug in anyone's ear to report on whether the 20% bonus towards Zelda applies tonight *and* also tomorrow morning. I have lots of trades to do but they're now barely worth it unless that is in effect.
Same. Pro Day, plus 20%, plus $59.99 buyback would be nice af.

Diablo III on switch for $40 seems fairly slick. Not $12 on BF from Walmart slick, but reasonable since I don't think it goes on sale often.
$17, but yeah, after missing out on that deal, it's been tough to settle for anything that isn't at least close to that

Assuming they're PS4/XB1/Switch games with base values between $2 and $20, wouldn't the $5 automatic bonus be better for tomorrow?

Assuming they're PS4/XB1/Switch games with base values between $2 and $20, wouldn't the $5 automatic bonus be better for tomorrow?
I'm looking at certain flips that are only (to me) worthwhile if there's 40% (I'm elite, so 20% plus bonus 20%) towards Zelda plus the bonus $5. I live in a very low-density area for Gamestops so there's supply and logistics issues to deal with.

I'm looking at certain flips that are only (to me) worthwhile if there's 40% (I'm elite, so 20% plus bonus 20%) towards Zelda plus the bonus $5. I live in a very low-density area for Gamestops so there's supply and logistics issues to deal with.
The bonus $5 won't stack with the Zelda promo. Promos never stack with anything other than Elite/Pro.

The bonus $5 won't stack with the Zelda promo. Promos never stack with anything other than Elite/Pro.
Could have sworn the last $5 per game bonus stacked with trade-in % towards a pre-order. Naturally I don't have my receipts. I'm not looking at the guaranteed to love it Zelda 59.99 deal, just the trade in 20%.

Why is one 128gb SanDisk micro sd card $19.99 and the same size but "for Nintendo Switch" is $34.99? Does the more expensive card have faster transfer speeds?
It does, but the equivalent microSD is like $23, so there is still a markup.

FWIW, the Nintendo branded ones were on sale at Best Buy recently, the 128 GB one was only $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back