2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in my N3ds XL and got $100 for it towards the regular switch. My friend traded in his PS4 500gb towards the switch lite and got $125.

ede143561b.jpg
Is this still going on? I didn't see it on the website. I'm looking to trade in my New 3DS XL. Does anyone know if I can just get that credit back if I don't want to buy a new switch?

Is this still going on? I didn't see it on the website. I'm looking to trade in my New 3DS XL. Does anyone know if I can just get that credit back if I don't want to buy a new switch?
You'd have to return the console. But then it's YMMV at that point if the employees will be anal about it because they see you traded in for the promotion.

You'd have to return the console. But then it's YMMV at that point if the employees will be anal about it because they see you traded in for the promotion.
That's why you get a gift receipt when you do the trade. Return it with the gift receipt and not the original receipt. Problem solved.

I put $5 on Zelda before and when I picked it up the code for 48hr return was on the receipt. Also extra 20% towards Zelda is still working.
20% extra (meaning 30% Pro, 40% elite) towards Zelda? Was that on non-Switch/PS4/Xone games? I picked up a few stacks of 360 games at yard sales this AM and will take them in today if they're getting 40%.

For people who got the Zelda holiday accessory bundle, have any of you tried the console skins? If so, has it caused any damage?
I haven't bought the holiday bundle, but bought that skin on launch day and used it for 2 years. It doesn't damage the dock or the system. My only complaint is that the joycon skins didn't hold up as well as the rest. The thumbstick covers that come with it make a world of difference for handheld comfort too.

I traded in my N3ds XL and got $100 for it towards the regular switch. My friend traded in his PS4 500gb towards the switch lite and got $125.
Shiiiiiiii, thanks for posting the 3ds xl trade, as I missed it when I looked at that advertisement. They were only giving about 30 bucks for it a couple months ago so this is a no brainer...just need to convince them to let me use it on a regular switch and then return rebuy the lite I have preordered.

I traded in Lego Worlds (NSW) and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition and the $5 attached to both. Horizon originally rang up as $2.00, so I had to show my saved trade quote, but the associate manually fixed it.
Yeah I had a GS employee try to tell me it was California law to discount the trade in value in store from what is shown on the app. Didn't ever try to argue with her other than asking her to stop making shit up when they don't want to match what the app/website shows as the trade value. I only opened one of my two copies so I'll probably just return the other unopened one for full price on Monday.

The pro day bonus $5 ends Sunday, right?

So not sure, but heard about certs not working on sale items or discounts applying in weird ways.

I want to redeem $15 off one used item on Rage 2, but want to know it will work.

So not sure, but heard about certs not working on sale items or discounts applying in weird ways.

I want to redeem $15 off one used item on Rage 2, but want to know it will work.
I'm not sure about used items but they definitely do not work on new pro day sale items.

Thanks noobcake,

I wanted to trade in my XB1S but $125-$150 is just a bit too low. Hopefully there's one last promo where I can get up to $200 for it before the next gen comes out.

The iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S9 actually get $300 (instead of $200) for Pro Day weekend so I was hoping consoles might get a Pro Day bump as well...
You can buy an xbox s for 200.

Especially with the holiday season in 2 months the xbox s will be sub 200.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a GS employee try to tell me it was California law to discount the trade in value in store from what is shown on the app. Didn't ever try to argue with her other than asking her to stop making shit up when they don't want to match what the app/website shows as the trade value. I only opened one of my two copies so I'll probably just return the other unopened one for full price on Monday.
The pro day bonus $5 ends Sunday, right?
Burn her on the receipt for lying to you

Did not get the full credit TIV code for Zelda LA's Dreamer Edition. Not sure if it's just not eligible, or it's ymmv which stores offer it. Preordered the base game and got the code at one store. Picked up dreamer edition at a different store (no preorder) and did not get a code.

Did not get the full credit TIV code for Zelda LA's Dreamer Edition. Not sure if it's just not eligible, or it's ymmv which stores offer it. Preordered the base game and got the code at one store. Picked up dreamer edition at a different store (no preorder) and did not get a code.
Special editions are never eligible.

New copies of Harvest Moon for PS4 are on clearance for $9.97 and trading in for $13.40 with elite.

Also I traded in 17 games and the values all matched the website.

Has anybody done the donation for the Make A Wish promotion they’re doing and gotten triple reward points? I’m wondering if it applies to the entire order amount. I know it did a couple years ago when I bought a New 3DS XL.

“GameStop invites customers to donate $1, $5, $10, or “round up” their total bill at checkout at all GameStop store locations. GameStop will also be offering triple PowerUp rewards points for those who donate at checkout.”

Has anybody done the donation for the Make A Wish promotion they’re doing and gotten triple reward points? I’m wondering if it applies to the entire order amount. I know it did a couple years ago when I bought a New 3DS XL.
“GameStop invites customers to donate $1, $5, $10, or “round up” their total bill at checkout at all GameStop store locations. GameStop will also be offering triple PowerUp rewards points for those who donate at checkout.”
Only donation amount.

Recently it’s been only triple points on the donation amount. Not sure if it’s still that way.

For people that still care

Black ops 4 Pro edition $119.99 MSRP has been converted to preowned

I picked up two for $22 dollars each with my elite pro membership

I picked up Link's Awakening at the midnight release on Thursday and my receipt did not come with the guaranteed to Lovett code. I just took it back to one of my regular stores and asked if Link's Awakening was part of the "Guaranteed to Love it" promo, and the ga confirmed. So I just told them the code, and everything went through fine.

Anyone else finding it impossible to buy anything?

All I get is: The transaction was declined. Please use a different payment method or contact Customer Service.

I've tried all different cards and PayPal accounts, all declined. 

I even tried using my parents' CC. I think I've been blacklisted.
At least you can login. I haven’t been able to for over a week and their customer service is trash. I’ve called 4 times and they always ask me to reset my password. When that doesn’t work they say to wait for their IT department to figure it out. I’m at the point of filing a complaint with the BBB.

I even tried using my parents' CC. I think I've been blacklisted.
I can't checkout with anything but store credit on the website. No PayPal or credit cards. My address from my bank apparently doesn't match even though I've copied it from my banking app. The only place in the world not interested in my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back