2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are. Used inventory on the app/website has been spotty for a while. It also doesn't have a listing for used on either to buy which I think is why. Astral chain has been like that but noticed today they now have an option to select used and checked inventory and suddenly a few places have it in stock.

Also I traded a copy in earlier today and it's not showing it on the app for me at that location.
I think so too. My GS had a used Astral Chain a few days after it released, but it never showed a preowned in stock until the option was added online to buy preowned.

Mine is up next month. My days of shopping at GameStop with any regularity are likely numbered. I have barely stepped foot in a best buy since my GCU expired.
I have one order left with BB from the gcu goodbye coupon, but otherwise have not purchased anything (or stepped into) since my my gcu ended. my best buy shopping post-gcu is the same as pre-gcu...non-existent.

unlike bb, gs at least gave notice and i was able to stack elite til 2025...i hope it holds out as long as GS is around lol

So need to use my b2g1 this week, expires 9/29.

Thinking of getting rage 2,spyro switch and not sure what else. Don't think zelda used will show up this week.

I have one order left with BB from the gcu goodbye coupon, but otherwise have not purchased anything (or stepped into) since my my gcu ended. my best buy shopping post-gcu is the same as pre-gcu...non-existent.

unlike bb, gs at least gave notice and i was able to stack elite til 2025...i hope it holds out as long as GS is around lol
Now that you mention it, I never received by GCU farewell coupon when mine expired back in July. And now I'm all bent out of shape about it. Thanks for the reminder to be upset irrationally.

Rage 2 isn’t that great...it will be $15-20 on Black Friday

I have the season pass if anyone is interested in buying I think the dlc comes out soon

Rage 2 isn’t that great...it will be $15-20 on Black Friday

I have the season pass if anyone is interested in buying I think the dlc comes out soon
I see mixed reviews, some say it's good and others hate it. $20 on gamefly.

Was also looking at the metro series, but never played it.

Did anyone who grabbed a links awakening amiibo from gamestop get a Japanese one? I just looked at mine and it’s the Japanese version

My dad found one of my old Game Informer magazines in their house from 15 years ago.  I compared it to the magazine today, and I can see why I once had good memories of the magazine.  It's a shell of its former self. 

My dad found one of my old Game Informer magazines in their house from 15 years ago. I compared it to the magazine today, and I can see why I once had good memories of the magazine. It's a shell of its former self.
Really? I thought it became much more interesting after they redesigned and started writing more features a few years ago.

Really? I thought it became much more interesting after they redesigned and started writing more features a few years ago.
It feels too serious to me now. The dumb humor made (and still makes) me laugh. I loved reading the really low reviews, and they don't give those out anymore.

The features are nice, but it's a magazine that I would read in a particular location, and the longer articles are not good for that

Cash app Boost ???
https://cash.app

It's an app for sending money between people. You can get a debit card which uses the app balance and they have a series of "boosts" for retail establishments. Most of them have a 10% discount if you use that debit card linked to the app. I often use it because I get a dollar off from coffee shops. I also used it at taco bell quite a bit, but they removed the "boost" recently. It links directly to a bank account so you can pull out any amount instantly.

I wonder if it applies to gift cards, it should. The boost mentions that it will only discount up to $7.50 and you can use it once per hour.

So I'm assuming there will be a not so Stealth Bump this week, but thanks to the website change, we're stuck at the mercy of waiting to see if Gamestop releases a PDF on Friday, correct?

It's value will probably drop Friday regardless, which would most likely negate any bump...this past pro weekend would have been ideal tbh
Going with the $16 trade-in at Best Buy instead. Hopefully that will stay in place to at least tomorrow as the pawn laws in my county limit trade ins after 7 pm during the week...

Not totally relevant, but I had to tell someone. I scored twice this week buying stuff from people that came to trade in and Gamestop didn't want all of it.I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.  Among other things, I got an R.C. Pro-Am II for NES, a Gameboy Player Start-up disk that was inside a Fire Emblem Path of Radiance case, and a couple of the .hack games for PS2.  So, still great deals at Gamestop :)

Not totally relevant, but I had to tell someone. I scored twice this week buying stuff from people that came to trade in and Gamestop didn't want all of it.I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Among other things, I got an R.C. Pro-Am II for NES, a Gameboy Player Start-up disk that was inside a Fire Emblem Path of Radiance case, and a couple of the .hack games for PS2. So, still great deals at Gamestop :)
Did you do all of this inside the store in front of the employees?

If someone has something retro or really rare, fuck it, I do it right in the store. They can kick me out if they want. Worth the risk to get a $3 duck tales 2 nah?

But usually I only do it if I see someone carrying stuff in. Like "pssst hey I'll pay you more for that".

If someone has something retro or really rare, fuck it, I do it right in the store. They can kick me out if they want. Worth the risk to get a $3 duck tales 2 nah?

But usually I only do it if I see someone carrying stuff in. Like "pssst hey I'll pay you more for that".
I personally don’t see a problem with this...rather it goes to a fellow gamer then GameStop.

Does the 48 hour guarantee only apply to pre-orders, or can I purchase the game within the 48 hour window and still be eligible for the guarantee?

Just went to a GS that's a bit farther out of my area, and I swear I must've stumbled into Narnia at some point.

The pre-owned PS4 games selection there was amazing, and most importantly, complete.

Kind of nuts.

Wish the GS in my immediate area were like that store. T___T

Did you do all of this inside the store in front of the employees?
Both times the money changed hands outside the store. First time I talked to the guy and the employee working to see what was left. The we had to leave to find an ATM in the mall so I coudl get more cash. Second time we started talking in the store and the employee yelled at us to take it outside.

Well, both times I didn't notice until they had already started the process with the employee, so no I'm not going to interrupt that. Gamestop is a source of income for me, so I'm not trying to screw that up. If I had caught the people before they made it into the counter, I'm not sure what I would have done. Maybe discreetly tried to get them to go back outside. Would also depend on the store and who was working.

That's like me when I went out of my area on Prestige day last time for a kids birthday party. I hit 4 stores in the area, all stocked up with every Switch title pre owned. Then back in my town I was lucky to find 1 or 2.
The 4 stores in my area are basically all very hit or miss.

I'm not sure if it's because they're super busy, or just because people in the area suck at trading in (or smart about it and sell it online), but just can never actually get the right games I want in stock at the stores here.

So many games I found at this one store, I didn't even find once in any of the 4 stores in my area, lol.

Some places have all the luck, and I hate the people who get to be near that store. *shakes fist*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back