2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's interesting...the others have been just a 48 hour window. This extends the trade in period an extra 2 days. Couple that with the $10 reward and it seems they really wanted people to try this game.

Edit:  I misread the quote above mine...apologies for any confusion.  The trade in period is only 2 days (48 hours). 

Went to GS today to use my monthly $5 on a $5 dollar xbox gift card code on a receipt, but now it doesnt work, but you can get an acutal gift card PSN or Xbox $10 or $15, so dont know if anyone else is having this issue.

Stupid question, but if i go to a gs right now and buy fifa 20 with credit, can i return it within the next two days and get credit back? without a preorder of course.

I would wait since the regular season ends this week. I’ve noticed they’ve done bumps in the past when the playoffs are about to start and when the World Series is around.
But it goes free on PS Plus next week. Also it didn’t bump from its value when I traded in on Wednesday ($15.) Also i did get reward points for trading it & doing a preorder on Last of Us 2 CE.

So why the F is Rage 2 bumped to $20 base on PS4 but XB1 dropped to $10?! Inversely why is Bloodstained the lowest TIV on PS4 vs. the other two consoles?

How strict is Gamestop about returns?  

I bought a used game about 8 days ago, and I won't be able to get to a store until tomorrow.  Any chance I could still return it, eventhough it's past 7 days?

Yes. And it had a $10 reward certificate tied to it.
I don’t think I got the $10 reward. There’s a code on my receipt though for bonus content. “Thank you for purchasing Code Vein! Your code to access bonus content is below:”

They gave me a big poster in store though

I don’t think I got the $10 reward. There’s a code on my receipt though for bonus content. “Thank you for purchasing Code Vein! Your code to access bonus content is below:”

They gave me a big poster in store though
The $10 reward shows up on your account in a few days after you buy the game.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

How strict is Gamestop about returns?

I bought a used game about 8 days ago, and I won't be able to get to a store until tomorrow. Any chance I could still return it, eventhough it's past 7 days?
I've had cool stores tell me it's fine, crappy stores tell me no, and some stores didn't even pay attention to the date.

But it goes free on PS Plus next week. Also it didn’t bump from its value when I traded in on Wednesday ($15.) Also i did get reward points for trading it & doing a preorder on Last of Us 2 CE.
Unless the app was messed up Gamestop was giving $12 base for it yesterday while Bestbuy is giving $16 for it.

So went to gamestop to use my B2G1 coupon, one of the games wasn't there. Even had employee check and couldn't find it.

So going to take one last look tomorrow before B2G1 expires. Might not use it.

So went to gamestop to use my B2G1 coupon, one of the games wasn't there. Even had employee check and couldn't find it.
So going to take one last look tomorrow before B2G1 expires. Might not use it.
Had the same thing happen to me today, even worse was that I put holds on all three and received ready for pickup confirmation emails...

Is everyone getting the code vein 48 hour code printed on their receipt this time? I legit want to try it out but I'm concerned because I've had those codes not print before.

Anyone else get a random "The Wait is over For Dragon Quest XI:S" thank you for preordering and it will soon be in your hands (October 3),  and if you don't like the game you can return it for store credit -- email? Mine even has an order number attached (which does not register on my account). I never preordered the game. Weird. 

Anyone else get a random "The Wait is over For Dragon Quest XI:S" thank you for preordering and it will soon be in your hands (October 3), and if you don't like the game you can return it for store credit -- email? Mine even has an order number attached (which does not register on my account). I never preordered the game. Weird.
I got two. Looked up the order numbers in my email and found they are both purchases of DQ11 for PS4. Who wants to try?

I've paid off all my GameStop charges on my CC and all the pending ones that were declined have been cleared up, but the website is still declining my payments.

I already called Customer Service and after waiting 1+ hour, someone picked up only to hang up on me. Someone please help. 

so, are all gamestop's doing this switch lite bundle stuff? i went in store to buy one and they said all they had were bundles with hugely overpriced sd cards. i did a hold online at the same store where it showed just the console was available and my hold was denied. maybe this and the talk of the lite still having drift problems is just a sign to stay away all together.

So, after over 2 weeks of not being able to get into my account (either via browser or app), and about 6 different phone calls to customer service, one of them finally decided to recommend something other than resetting my password. They told me to make a new account online, then they would transfer over any points I had currently, plus 5,000 for my troubles and 15,000 to signup for a Pro membership (still had a little over a year left). Decided just to do it because I was getting sick of waiting for them to figure out the issue.

Now I have to call them again because I bought Code Vein on my old account and won't have access to the 10,000 points.

Anyone else get a random "The Wait is over For Dragon Quest XI:S" thank you for preordering and it will soon be in your hands (October 3), and if you don't like the game you can return it for store credit -- email? Mine even has an order number attached (which does not register on my account). I never preordered the game. Weird.
This is the email that I’m looking for. Did you get an EBC code with it? I got that with my Zelda LA online purchase and the code is universal.

I got two. Looked up the order numbers in my email and found they are both purchases of DQ11 for PS4. Who wants to try?
Post the EBC code and I’ll trade in my DQ11 with it. I’m pretty sure it will only work with the new released Switch version but maybe it will work with the cheaper ps4 copy as well.

so, are all gamestop's doing this switch lite bundle stuff? i went in store to buy one and they said all they had were bundles with hugely overpriced sd cards. i did a hold online at the same store where it showed just the console was available and my hold was denied. maybe this and the talk of the lite still having drift problems is just a sign to stay away all together.
Burn them on the receipt. Looks like its just that store trying to get rid of Sd cards. There is no SKU for that type of bundle. online.

Has anyone ever figured out a reason why the website is not letting perfectly legitimate trade credit cards be used for purchases? Has anyone circumvented this problem? Thanks in advance for any info.

Has anyone ever figured out a reason why the website is not letting perfectly legitimate trade credit cards be used for purchases? Has anyone circumvented this problem? Thanks in advance for any info.
What's your purchase amount? I can usually do below $75 without problem.

I was able to buy the PSVR blood and truth bundle from the new website using trade credit without issue. So far I haven't had any issue ordering from the website as long as it doesn't get cancelled.

If cancelled, then they put a hold on your trade credit and I had to call to get the funds released.

But seriously, has anyone run into the issue of all transactions getting denied? It's like I've been blacklisted. I even waited 1+ hour on customer service only to get hung up on.
Aircobra mentioned something similar where they've been unable to place an order (or even sign into their account I think?) for the last few weeks; customer service finally suggested creating an entirely new account. But I wouldn't do that unless they are in agreement, since CS was going to be assigning them points to compensate for what was lost with the other account.

There have been multiple people that have had issues placing orders on the site using trade credit (myself included). It was suggested back when the site revision was new to try keeping orders under a certain threshold - possibly around $75. Personally, there was a period I was unable to place orders for 2 Switch games at a time, with my cart total around $90 - $95. When I tried placing orders for single games, I had no issues completing the purchase using only trade credit. After about a week or so of that, I haven't had issues placing orders that total around $90 again since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back