2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now we have Deals of the Day apparently on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Online only.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - $34.99 new.

Monopoly Overwatch - $19.99

Megaman X Buster prop - $49.99

Expires 13 hours and 45 minutes from now.
I feel like "Double Daily Deals" would have had a nicer ring to it instead of "Deals of the Day on two days out of the week". :wall:

Oh, and discounting the preowned price would have been nice, too.

I'm sure it's been noticed already but why in the world is the sort for low or high set at the original price of an item instead of the current site? Whoever helped code this redesign needs to go back to the drawing board and take some basic sorting classes.

I am wondering if anyone else has not yet received their $10 credit for buying Code Vein. I purchased the game on Friday and traded it back in on Saturday, so I should have already received my rewards certificate based on the responses of users here. However, the terms and conditions of the offer states:

Rewards Cash: PowerUp Rewards Pro members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you pre-order Code Vein by 9.26.2019 and purchase by 10.6.2019. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active offers within 7 business days of purchase. Rewards Cash valid from 10.9.2019 – 10.22.19. Limit one per customer.

It seems odd that some users are already receiving a certificate that expires on 10/5 when the terms states that it should be valid from 10/9 to 10/22. Perhaps a glitch in the system? 

I ordered an X Buster almost 5 hours ago for in-store pickup, and never received a confirmation e-mail or anything. The Daily Deal price DID show up in the cart though.

I am wondering if anyone else has not yet received their $10 credit for buying Code Vein. I purchased the game on Friday and traded it back in on Saturday, so I should have already received my rewards certificate based on the responses of users here. However, the terms and conditions of the offer states:

Rewards Cash: PowerUp Rewards Pro members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you pre-order Code Vein by 9.26.2019 and purchase by 10.6.2019. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active offers within 7 business days of purchase. Rewards Cash valid from 10.9.2019 – 10.22.19. Limit one per customer.

It seems odd that some users are already receiving a certificate that expires on 10/5 when the terms states that it should be valid from 10/9 to 10/22. Perhaps a glitch in the system?
Haven't gotten mine. But I have also been having a bunch of issues with my account, so I am not surprised.

I ordered an X Buster almost 5 hours ago for in-store pickup, and never received a confirmation e-mail or anything. The Daily Deal price DID show up in the cart though.
It says online only so the store probably won't honor it, that's why you probably haven't received a confirmation email.

It says online only so the store probably won't honor it, that's why you probably haven't received a confirmation email.
I think he means that he paid for the order on the website but used the new site feature of "pay online, pick up in store".

During the early days of the site, there were many issues with customers not receiving order confirmations for a long time, stores not receiving site orders for hours, and customers not receiving "ready for pick up" emails for even longer.

I am wondering if anyone else has not yet received their $10 credit for buying Code Vein. I purchased the game on Friday and traded it back in on Saturday, so I should have already received my rewards certificate based on the responses of users here.
Did you pre-order it before buying?

LOL that's not how that works. Even if the store refused the order due to stock, I should have received a confirmation e-mail. I ended up placing another order, and everything worked out.

Got my $10 Reward today even though I returned Vein on Sunday. Used the $10 reward and a $15 on an Amazon $25 gc no issue

Any clue why this Perfect Dark / Joanna Dark Totaku is pre-order for a date in the past, 9/30/19 ?

I asked an employee today, but he was as helpful and knowledgeable as a pile of rocks.

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/figures/products/perfect-dark-totaku-collection-joanna-dark-figure-only-at-gamestop/10176221.html
I preordered it a while ago and they just charged my card, so I'm assuming it just hasn't rolled over to officially "in-stock" yet

So going to use $15 off coupon on persona 5.
It's $19, but comes down to $17.09 after 10%.So it's $2.09+tax or $17.09+tax, then $15 off?

When did they remove PSN/ESHOP/XBOX currency from PUR rewards? I think it was there over the weekend but I just checked and it's GS certificates only now. 

Any clue why this Perfect Dark / Joanna Dark Totaku is pre-order for a date in the past, 9/30/19 ?

I asked an employee today, but he was as helpful and knowledgeable as a pile of rocks.

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/figures/products/perfect-dark-totaku-collection-joanna-dark-figure-only-at-gamestop/10176221.html
The totakus and pop figures really just come in as they please. I had the recent Space Invaders and Mega Man totaku figures preordered, then they completely disappeared from the system, and then randomly showed up one day several months later. If you’re on the east coast prepare to wait extra long. One years Black Friday ad had a Crash Bandicoot pop I had preordered but had still not arrived yet in the east coast.

I'm sure it's been noticed already but why in the world is the sort for low or high set at the original price of an item instead of the current site? Whoever helped code this redesign needs to go back to the drawing board and take some basic sorting classes.
Does that hat from Harry Potter teach those?

If Ghost Recon is a G2L it title, then I can find no information on that anywhere. It is no where on the GS website. So as long as there is not information to support that it is, how can I act as if it is?

Try going to a store? There is literally signage and a GSTV add supporting it, plus the associate would probably tell you the same.

They are likely holding back from blasting G2L because it doesn't apply towards the Gold/Ultimate versions of the game.

Instead you are spreading your assumptions as information and causing headaches for people actually in the know.

If Ghost Recon is a G2L it title, then I can find no information on that anywhere. It is no where on the GS website. So as long as there is not information to support that it is, how can I act as if it is?
You shouldn’t post as if you are confirming something then. You’re not doing anyone a favor by spreading information that isn’t true.

I can also confirm that it is apart of the promotion.

Aww man I would have definitely pre-ordeeed it up if I had known that on Monday. G2L plus a $10 reward is a no brainier.

I was asking here over the weekend but shame on me for not picking up the phone and just calling GameStop to ask lol.

Aww man I would have definitely pre-ordeeed it up if I had known that on Monday. G2L plus a $10 reward is a no brainier.

I was asking here over the weekend but shame on me for not picking up the phone and just calling GameStop to ask lol.
If true it will be the perfect GS trifecta: TIV bonus, $10 credit, and G2L. That being said, I have not seen any signage saying it's G2L and all other games have been advertised in an email at least a week before release.

If true it will be the perfect GS trifecta: TIV bonus, $10 credit, and G2L. That being said, I have not seen any signage saying it's G2L and all other games have been advertised in an email at least a week before release.
I just called a store (that is usually pretty cool) and they said Recon is part of the promo. Wish I had just called for myself on Monday because I want to unload Madden and would have got $39 for it with the bump.

He couldn't find any other games on the G2L list though.

He said I could still preorder before 6 pm but I feel like that's cutting it too close to guarantee I'll get the $10 promo as well.

My elite pro ends next week. This will be the first time in a few years where I won't have renewed it right away. Do I have to spend my points before it expires or will they carry over to the free account?

My elite pro ends next week. This will be the first time in a few years where I won't have renewed it right away. Do I have to spend my points before it expires or will they carry over to the free account?
Just make sure your account isn’t setup to auto spend points & you’re fine.

What do you think the chances are of Modern Warfare being a G2L title? That will be a surefire hit that seems like it would follow their selection trend so far. It's also a $10 reward cash game, so that would be a nice bonus.

What do you think the chances are of Modern Warfare being a G2L title? That will be a surefire hit that seems like it would follow their selection trend so far. It's also a $10 reward cash game, so that would be a nice bonus.
I have a good feeling it will be. It seems like most AAA games going forwards are going to be in the hopes of them landing more trades + PO sales

Your account reverts to auto issue points when your sub expires.
Mine just expired and the setting was still stockpile.

Hmm... do I want to renew, though? I'm not particularly looking forward to any new releases, and the last flipping opportunity was during the latest B2G1 sale, which has been a few months now. Realistically, there won't be any more good promotions until Black Friday. If there's a decent promo, the $15 is recouped quickly. Anyone else in the same situation?

I still don't understand the point of pre-ordering when I get fucked on delivery dates every time. I went in to pay off ghostbusters remastered (releases tomorrow) and they tell me it might come next week because it wasn't in their delivery. Three times in a row now.

I just renewed for the B2G1. Even with pro sucking compared to elite, it's still basically free if you flip back all the games. Figured why not.

Keep in mind too that if you renew you will likely be switched over to the new garbage Pro at some point in your subscription.
The new garbage Pro isn't bad to me as long as the monthly $5 certs still work on game currency. You can pick up PSN cards and it'll pay for the newly discounted annual $60 PS Now subscription.

It doesn't work out cleanly because the lowest denomination PSN card is $10, so in reality, you're only getting half off cards, but if you always put the certs towards PSN cards, it's kind of like a deferment plan.

Reward points hacked today. Anyone got the email for recovery? A-holes bought uber cards. Out 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back