2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to do with gamestop I just feel the need to brag.

I just grabbed a 32gb with 3 wii remotes and 9 games for $75 off of local facebook marketplace. 2 of the games were mariokarts for wii, mario party 9, super mario bros u, donkey kong country returns, and the rest were kind of shit.
NICE, congrats! Don't sleep on New Super Mario Bros. U - it's ugly as a mother fuck er, but the level designs are splendid.

I could have told that guy the phat PS3 was gonna overheat. All people do is get them running enough to trade them to Gamestop. Also not exactly shocking he got far less in trade in value that they bought them for. It is a business after all.
But good video overall. Gotta laugh that GS hesitated to sell them the stuff though. It's like they are allergic to money lately.
More moving parts means more things can break. Combine that with the heat these new systems produce and it's no surprise these systems have issues

I could have told that guy the phat PS3 was gonna overheat. All people do is get them running enough to trade them to Gamestop. Also not exactly shocking he got far less in trade in value that they bought them for. It is a business after all.

But good video overall. Gotta laugh that GS hesitated to sell them the stuff though. It's like they are allergic to money lately.
It would be foolish not to scrutinize orders that exceed $700 in order to prove they did their due diligence to prevent fraud.

You might want to replace the game name text with a hyperlink to the game’s pre-owned inventory lookup.
There is no longer a separate page for that. Just the item page.

Well GameStop now shows a error message of

TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
GameStop.com is temporarily unavailable while we undergo scheduled maintenance. We'll be back soon. I was hoping to add the pre-owned values now but it killed my progress.

Welp waited until today and still haven't gotten my Code Vein coupon...what a dumb program. Happened the last time I bought a game supposedly offering it too.

Welp waited until today and still haven't gotten my Code Vein coupon...what a dumb program. Happened the last time I bought a game supposedly offering it too.
Did you contact customer service? Last time I didn’t get the $10 Cert, I emailed them and they added 10,000 points to my account.

Scrutinizing is one thing. On the video they told the guy he would have to wait 2 weeks to get the purchase cleared with his manager. They sell 500 dollar consoles by themselves, so a purchase of this size should not need a 2 week buffer. If it's cash, check all the bills carefully. If credit, check the card and ID for a match, and the last 4 digits after you run it. If it's check then either call the bank or tell them no. What approval took 2 weeks?
Nah, you misunderstood because their video is vague but they only mention two weeks in regards to waiting to return the consoles back. "We've waited two weeks so that we're outside of the return policy."

https://youtu.be/4o_JjYV1OZE?t=607

I called them this morning and they gave me 10000 points. It was a surprisingly easy conversation.

Can I get the Starlink starter kit and the $25 gift card if I buy a new Switch or is it one or the other?

Got the $10 reward certificate for Ghost Recon on my old account but didn't get Code Vein. My new account hasn't gotten it for Ghost Recon yet, they said it would take a few more days. They did give me 10,000 points for Code Vein onto my new account though (cannot log into my old account, so points wouldn't be able to be used). The certificate for GR expires on the 23rd.

Haven’t checked in for a bit...
Is it safe to order online for in-store pick up using TC or is it still wonky? Would hate to have to be on the phone with CS for 2 hours in case there is a mistake

Is it safe to order online for in-store pick up using TC or is it still wonky? Would hate to have to be on the phone with CS for 2 hours in case there is a mistake
I've done it twice this week with 6 games and they had all 6 of my games. When I do in-store pick up with TC, I always make sure I order about 30 minutes before the stores open so I'll have better luck getting everything I want. The last time I ordered and they had to cancel, it took about a week or so and the TC appeared back on my card and I didn't have to call CS

entirely depends on if their inventory is accurate. If it is, and the staff is reasonably competent its no problem.

if the game isn't in stock things can fall apart fast. Some employees give zero fucks and do nothing with your order and it just sits there, eating up your TC, until you call and complain and even then who knows how long it'll take to get fixed or if it ever will. It can take a week for them to "cancel" the order and even then the website can screw up doing a refund.

In general its mostly safe, but those edge cases where they just get in a trade, it shows available, you order for pickup, and someone else swoops in and grabs the game before the employee knows about your order are the times the site isn't designed for and it falls apart fast.

On the flip side, you could have a situation like what I just encountered. I placed an order for pickup a couple of weekends ago during the stealth bump, picked up the order, and performed a trade-in at another store that same day. Apparently the employee didn't properly acknowledge that I picked up the order, because I received an email later that week that my games were still waiting for pickup. I ignored it, the 7-day hold period expired, and I received additional emails that my order was cancelled and my "new" order had shipped.

I just received a replacement trade credit card in the mail with the amount that I paid for those games. :whistle2:

Anyone in here GS savvy and knows which Xbox one X bundles are excluded from the TRade in Promo where its $300 towards select xbox one x systems??

Thanks

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/accessories/controllers/products/nintendo-switch-pro-controller-assortment/10160063.html

Might be YMMV, but I found this listing on their website and placed an online order for in-store pickup for $40.49. Only after I completed the order did I get suspicious enough to check the customer reviews to see if it was truly a Pro controller, and pretty much all of the comments were describing a third party controller like the Power A enhanced wireless controllers even though all of the imagery shows black or Smash pro controllers. However, when I got to the store to pick up the controller, it was indeed a legitimate Nintendo brand Pro controller.

Thought I'd mention it in case it's more than just a lucky break for me.
Well, what did they end up sending you for this price?

"However, when I got to the store to pick up the controller, it was indeed a legitimate Nintendo brand Pro controller."

Read first, then formulate a response

I have made a decision to do a complete revamp. If you notice values change tell me else wise the sheets will not be updated till the revamp is done.

Due to how the bestbuy is setup I cannot grab values of each game easily and there are rarely any flips there. With that being said version 2.1 is done all there is left to do now is add and remove games to streamline the process.

Ewww...Pro membership hurts the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off for online orders.

I put two $4.99 games in my online cart. Second game is $2.25 after discount for a total of $7.24 before tax/shipping/handling.

Rather than 10% off $7.49 for a total of $6.74 before tax/shipping/handling.
Noticed this too. Anyone know if it works right in-store?

I bought a Switch v2 about two weeks ago, anyone know if I can do a return rebuy to get Starlink bundle and a $25 gift card for the current promo?

I should have qualified for Starlink, cause that promo was going on, but the rep didn’t ring me up with it for my original purchase. GS website says 30 day return policy on new items.

New weekly ad is out but I don't see any good deals.

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_101319
No great deals, but reminds me that releases start picking up again for me.

Going to get Overwatch on Switch. Want to pick up Witcher 3 as well, but thinking I will wait for a sale since I have it on PS4 already and don't have time to play it again right now. Overwatch on the other hand is going to be awesome to have on Switch and it's probably the only time I am glad I can buy the physical box and get a download code since I will play it often.

In store you still get the 10 or 20% for pro or elite with the b1g1 50% off if thats what is being asked about. Bought a few games yesterday.
For the fun of it. Go to Gamestop's website and put those exact games you bought from your local Gamestop in the website's shopping cart.

Let us know, if your total money owed before tax/shipping/handling is the same as what you paid for in-store.

I bought a Switch v2 about two weeks ago, anyone know if I can do a return rebuy to get Starlink bundle and a $25 gift card for the current promo?
I should have qualified for Starlink, cause that promo was going on, but the rep didn’t ring me up with it for my original purchase. GS website says 30 day return policy on new items.
I picked up a V2 today and the Starlink and giftcard are either one or the other both don’t work. The rep tried and one cancelled out the other.

Should hopefully get one next weekend, they seem to be doing SB on the third weekend of the month. I've got one more month of Elite Pro, so I'm going to go all out to get as much as possible during the next SB
Aside from a few random Switch titles (like SSB Ultimate trading for $48 Elite), was there a formal SB last month and I just missed it? I'm hopeful for one next weekend, as a local Pawn Shop got in a couple of Wii Sports and Minecrafts.

There was one the weekend before Ghost Recon came out...was a weird one I think that started maybe in the middle of the week compared to how they used to always start on Fridays.  

Was thinking of trading in my Xbox One S for an X but is the difference really that big?  I see the 2k20 S bundle is $299 and the 2k20 X bundle is $499...man is the gap that huge?  Is it a $200 difference between those machines?

Also wasn't GS giving $200 credit for an S towards an X a few months ago?  I wonder if the S trade credit will go back up that high towards a console again. 

How many simultaneous orders can you have?
Was gonna purposely order the games I want in groups of two to get the deal most efficiently as possible

Was thinking of trading in my Xbox One S for an X but is the difference really that big? I see the 2k20 S bundle is $299 and the 2k20 X bundle is $499...man is the gap that huge? Is it a $200 difference between those machines?

Also wasn't GS giving $200 credit for an S towards an X a few months ago? I wonder if the S trade credit will go back up that high towards a console again.
The difference is noticeable. Do you need 2K20? Because GS has a couple X bundles for $399.

Was thinking of trading in my Xbox One S for an X but is the difference really that big? I see the 2k20 S bundle is $299 and the 2k20 X bundle is $499...man is the gap that huge? Is it a $200 difference between those machines?
I notice the difference most in Forza Horizon 4 where I have 60fps now. Is it worth $200 more? Not to me. I only upgraded because I got a super deal at Meijer (Fallout X bundle for $275 with $100 store credit included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back