2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry it's huge/faded
QDSp3Pk.png
Thank you so much! Guy asked to see my receipt when I tried to do the G2L, but was okay using the picture of it, thankfully. I cropped your points total off just to be safe.

Well, it literally says when you pre order & purchase. In the past the requirement had been pre ordering, but not sure if that's the case here, we'll see.

This. I always had to pre order first.
Luckily the jackass that quoted me earlier cleared that up for no one.
I love this site.

Walked in with COD. Associate: "so you didn't love it?" Me: "Nope." Turns out I didn't have the G2L code on the receipt. After five minutes of calculating and a couple signatures on the pad I have a fully paid off Death Stranding pre-order plus 33 cents on a trade-in card left on the counter for the next kid a couple cents short.

I’m in GameStop and I’m trying to trade Call of Duty

However the cashier is saying the code is invalid when typing it in

How is that possible?

Coupon code on the receipt says it expires 10/27

Is the cashier lying to me or has the code legitimately expired ?

The GS exclusive calling card for MP that also triggers the donation by GS to the CoD Endowment Fund.
Ok thanks. I actually just traded it back in through the G2L promo and left the code in the box for the next person. Hopefully it gets redeemed. I thought the donation to Vets was triggered by just buying the game but I guess I was wrong.

Don't waste your time with the 20% off bags. It only applies to $25 worth of collectibles, max. So you are literally buying a $5 bag to save $5 (off $25 worth of stuff). The employee even said that the reason for this "sale" was just to get rid of DBZ bags. A literal fucking joke. 

Ok thanks. I actually just traded it back in through the G2L promo and left the code in the box for the next person. Hopefully it gets redeemed. I thought the donation to Vets was triggered by just buying the game but I guess I was wrong.
It might be triggered by the sale, I’m not for certain. But if I know GS, they would go by code redemptions as that would be a lower number.

Don't waste your time with the 20% off bags. It only applies to $25 worth of collectibles, max. So you are literally buying a $5 bag to save $5 (off $25 worth of stuff). The employee even said that the reason for this "sale" was just to get rid of DBZ bags. A literal fucking joke.
I think the employee told you incorrectly. You need to MAKE a purchase of at least $25 to break even on buying the bag, then the rest is profit.

LOL that's not true at all. There's only one joke here and it's not the promo.

Ah yeah you're right. I called and went back. For some stuck-in-the-90s reason, only 1 of their 2 registers would do the bag discount correctly. I went back and rebought all the collectibles I bought last week to get the discount with which I ended up getting 3 B2G1 pre-owned PS4 games for free. 

This. I always had to pre order first.
Luckily the jackass that quoted me earlier cleared that up for no one.
I love this site.
I stated earlier in the thread that the fine print says purchase by 10/31. Why would they have it in the ad past release date? They did the same thing with Collection of Mana and people bought it after release date and still got the reward. But feel free to name call when you can just ask a gamestop employee or something.

I stated earlier in the thread that the fine print says purchase by 10/31. Why would they have it in the ad past release date? They did the same thing with Collection of Mana and people bought it after release date and still got the reward. But feel free to name call when you can just ask a gamestop employee or something.

👍

Uuuuuummmmmm

My elite pro expired Oct 21, reverted to Player 22nd, and I put a new year of $15 pro on the account on the 26th...

When I add pre owned games to my cart on GS.com on desktop, it’s calling me an elite pro member and giving me the 20% off.

Uuuuuummmmmm

My elite pro expired Oct 21, reverted to Player 22nd, and I put a new year of $15 pro on the account on the 26th...

When I add pre owned games to my cart on GS.com on desktop, it’s calling me an elite pro member and giving me the 20% off.
Wth is "Player 22nd"?

Unfortunately you aren't the first and won't be the last. GS CS won't be much help. It's definitely a risk to bank points in today's environment.
GS CS will be plenty of help. This happens to tons of people all the time and it's usually corrected quickly - tons of reports of loss and successful recovery in this thread. You'll call, they'll send you a link to change your password, put you on a little hold while you do that, and usually come back on the line telling you to check your balance to see that they've restored the points and even sometimes some extra. On the new website you usually have to log out and back in to see the points total change that quickly.

i found out the other day, someone stole almost all my points. did anyone else happened also? not even sure how they stole it.
Happened to me dumb bastard never used the code he redeemed tho so I just didn't report it. Everyone else said to complain to cs and they're good about fixing it. I wish I had bothered.

Thanks GameStop for the secret flips yesterday that I didn't tell anyone about. Turned $.50 into $10,000 credit, a new car, and paid off my mortgage. Maxed out all 20 of my elite pro accounts but it was worth it.

Thanks GameStop for the secret flips yesterday that I didn't tell anyone about. Turned $.50 into $10,000 credit, a new car, and paid off my mortgage. Maxed out all 20 of my elite pro accounts but it was worth it.
I retired due to this flip

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I retired due to this flip

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nice I only managed to get $600 in my 4 hours and 15 stores. You must have 20+ stores within 20 minutes.

Secret flips? I have a spreadsheet and it pretty much shows everything that nets a profit do you also have your own spreadsheet can we share some data? You got my links just click on spreadsheet v3.4 updated 10/28/2019. Just use filters to remove all the games that get negative values and search by price then buy them accordingly. Do not TRUST THE BEST BUY VALUE tab I haven't got it working.

Nice I only managed to get $600 in my 4 hours and 15 stores. You must have 20+ stores within 20 minutes.

Secret flips? I have a spreadsheet and it pretty much shows everything that nets a profit do you also have your own spreadsheet can we share some data? You got my links just click on spreadsheet v3.4 updated 10/28/2019. Just use filters to remove all the games that get negative values and search by price then buy them accordingly. Do not TRUST THE BEST BUY VALUE tab I haven't got it working.
He was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back