2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait where are you guys able to renew online? Got an expired pro account I could definitely use that discount on.
Go to your account
Under your expiration date there will be a “renew” button, click that

As others have said, the whole process called it out as a pro renewal.

I cancelled a prepaid pickup order on Monday and have not received the money back on my trade card nor have i received a email with a giftcard for it has anyone had this issue

I cancelled a prepaid pickup order on Monday and have not received the money back on my trade card nor have i received a email with a giftcard for it has anyone had this issue
I’ve always received a gift card refund in the mail, even when it says it’ll be emailed.

Go to your account
Under your expiration date there will be a “renew” button, click that

As others have said, the whole process called it out as a pro renewal.

I understand how to renew. I’m looking for evidence. No one has proven to me they’ve gotten elite yet. Not about to rebuy just to get pro.

Trade credit not working online for me either. It's sad so many GS employees are super cool, only to be getting screwed by terrible management. The website is a trashcan now, won't be surprised if there are glitches on Black Friday. Glitches or it just straight up won't work, i.e. not let me pay with trade credit online.

Went to trade for the Proday special brought a few games after checking prices. A few $2 games didn’t work and the manager basically told me since we sell this for $8 we aren’t going to give you $7 for it...... These were ps4 and Xbox One games. Is told him look at the flyer $2 is minimum. He said computers do it all can’t help you....

Traded in 5 games that were $2-3 before bonus, but only two of them got the bonus for whatever reason. I asked about it and the employee added the $5 to each that didn’t apply.

Dying Light Xb1
Wwe 2k18 xb1
Knack PS4
Far cry 4 PS4
Uncharted 4 PS4

so no ones gonna show a pic of their new elite pro which expires a year from now??? guess it was a troll..nice
yep, we all met on the secret, secret discord and hatched this plan to trick people into spending $15, knowing it would break most CAGs and get them evicted.

Is this Gamestop way of saying they are doing so bad right now, TC and GCs won't work online, forcing people to go in store instead?

After hitting the place order button, I had multiple occasions telling me the billing address doesn't match with shipping address. This doesn't make sense as I'm using TC online...

so no ones gonna show a pic of their new elite pro which expires a year from now??? guess it was a troll..nice
Was surprised few knew about this. Renewed a few days ago online and found out for myself, but assumed it was already known and didn't want to spread it around and get it fixed.

WKUpKet.png

Traded in 5 games that were $2-3 before bonus, but only two of them got the bonus for whatever reason. I asked about it and the employee added the $5 to each that didn’t apply.

Dying Light Xb1
Wwe 2k18 xb1
Knack PS4
Far cry 4 PS4
Uncharted 4 PS4
Do you remember if "Uncharted 4 PS4" automatically applied? I'm about to trade that in myself. Thanks.

Oh are people having trouble only online using Credit? Why the hell not go into the stores? Are people scared or something?

Regardless, I was always told to never even use TC or anything gamestop related payment wise because it seems to always screw up. Just go into stores. Dont see what's so hard about that

Do you remember if "Uncharted 4 PS4" automatically applied? I'm about to trade that in myself. Thanks.
Dying Light and WWE 2k18 ($2.75 base each) applied automatically, the others were manually added as “Promotion Not Found”.

My theory was that it has to be MORE than $2 since Uncharted and Far Cry are base $2, but Knack is $3.

It’s interesting to me that she effectively gave me a slightly higher bonus because she added the $5 to the three games that didn’t apply automatically and then Power Up Pro added on an extra 10%. Got an extra $0.50 per game that way since it ended up with 10% on top of the bonus value and not the base.

I’ll take it!

Oh are people having trouble only online using Credit? Why the hell not go into the stores? Are people scared or something?

Regardless, I was always told to never even use TC or anything gamestop related payment wise because it seems to always screw up. Just go into stores. Dont see what's so hard about that
Maybe because Deal of the day is online only. You can pick up in store but have to pay online to get the DotD price. Oh and also some people the closest gamestop is 70 mins away...

Yes, that’s why we shop online, we’re all scared of going to a store. You’re so smart. Is there any other wisdom you want to grace us with?

My store was literally out of every game I was interested in that was on sale. No Sekiro, No LEGO games, they didn't even have the Sega Genesis Collection. At least they had Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on clearance for $20. Hopefully the website will be fixed soon, looking to pick up RDR2 digital for $34

I traded 22 games today, all with at least $2 trade value. Several did not automatically get the $5 bonus, but the employees were apologetic, and nice, and added the $5 to each of them as "Promotion not found". The total ended up being a little more than I was expecting, because when they add the bonus like that, the Elite 20% gets calculated on the $5 bonus, too. The games that didn't get the automatic $5 bonus were:

King's Quest Collection (PS4)
Hidden Agenda (PS4)
Yoko's Island Express (PS4)
Eagle Flight VR (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (PS4)

Also, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete traded higher than the app was showing, $10 base, $17 after Elite and $5 bonus.

Dod are online only dude.

My store was literally out of every game I was interested in that was on sale. No Sekiro, No LEGO games, they didn't even have the Sega Genesis Collection. At least they had Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on clearance for $20. Hopefully the website will be fixed soon, looking to pick up RDR2 digital for $34
Totally understand that. But then I resort to my second comment which is why not use a credit/debit card when you hear the horror stories about using GS credit online?

Totally understand that. But then I resort to my second comment which is why not use a credit/debit card when you hear the horror stories about using GS credit online?
Why would you use real money if you have store credit? Just accept the fact that you were wrong on both accounts and move on.

Maybe because Deal of the day is online only. You can pick up in store but have to pay online to get the DotD price. Oh and also some people the closest gamestop is 70 mins away...
There hasnt been a good DotD since it started, so not sure what you're on about.

I apologize if this has been asked before but, can you go instore and get the dotd item at that price or is it an online only thing? Pokemon Sun at that price would make for a nice birthday gift for the nephew. Also can you use PUR certificates on Pro Day sale items? Would like to use a $5 cert. and get Sekiro for myself.
Online only but you can pick up in store if you pay first from what I've read in this thread.

Why would you use real money if you have store credit? Just accept the fact that you were wrong on both accounts and move on.
The main reason why you shouldn't ever try to use credit online is if Gamestop messes up you will have to fight trying to get your credit back.

And usually it will take a month before you get it back. If it is a hot item I would never risk using credit online to get it.

There are dozens of post in this thread where orders that were not shipped/cancelled where the person was not automatically refunded the credit. And if anyone has ever tried to contact customer service you will know that is a nightmare, You usually are on the phone for more than a hour and might have to repeated multiple times.

Just look at last Black Friday where people didn't get orders shipped and then the credit gets put in limbo. A bunch of people didn't get there credit back till after January.

The main reason why you shouldn't ever try to use credit online is if Gamestop messes up you will have to fight trying to get your credit back.
And usually it will take a month before you get it back. If it is a hot item I would never risk using credit online to get it.

There are dozens of post in this thread where orders that were not shipped/cancelled where the person was not automatically refunded the credit. And if anyone has ever tried to contact customer service you will know that is a nightmare, You usually are on the phone for more than a hour and might have to repeated multiple times.

Just look at last Black Friday where people didn't get orders shipped and then the credit gets put in limbo. A bunch of people didn't get there credit back till after January.
Thank you for explaining it even though you shouldnt of had to. Dont know how some people have made it this far in life not knowing how to read.

Then again, any time I see the dude on here he acts like a chicken with his head cut off. Seeing him beg and panic for the Death Stranding code was hilarious.

Dying Light and WWE 2k18 ($2.75 base each) applied automatically, the others were manually added as “Promotion Not Found”.

My theory was that it has to be MORE than $2 since Uncharted and Far Cry are base $2, but Knack is $3.

It’s interesting to me that she effectively gave me a slightly higher bonus because she added the $5 to the three games that didn’t apply automatically and then Power Up Pro added on an extra 10%. Got an extra $0.50 per game that way since it ended up with 10% on top of the bonus value and not the base.

I’ll take it!
This basically happened to me today. 2 of my 7 games didn't trigger, one's base was 2 exactly, the other was a little more than 2...I got 50 cents extra on both of them, but then the manager had to apply the extra 5 on each.

In store signage shows two more switch games are part of pro-day sale.

Guacamelee one-two punch is $24.99 new (was $39.99). I think the Ps4 version is on sale as well.

Umihara kawase fresh is $19.99 new (was $39.99).

Used prices are $2 cheaper.

So my gamestop no longer advertises 10% off for games with membership. Just the monthly  $5 coupon. they did say however current members get both until the discount goes away early 2020...so.. November and December, and maybe January for both is my guess.

Thank you for explaining it even though you shouldnt of had to. Dont know how some people have made it this far in life not knowing how to read.

Then again, any time I see the dude on here he acts like a chicken with his head cut off. Seeing him beg and panic for the Death Stranding code was hilarious.
Oh, look, Dave is back. Get help dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back