2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread reminded me why I stopped going on CAG. Just morons screeching about nonsense for attention

On the topic of gamestopmcom though, I've been unable to make orders too. Even my wife tried buying stuff and was denied. I don't think she ever used her card at gamestop before and it was a guest account, so it's not like she was banned or anything. I have no idea how a modern retailer can have a site this broken, it's embarrassing

Hold up so it's $28 for ps4 controllers? Oh man I might have to trade a few in for that. I can't see the promo listed anywhere.
wasn't there some deal last black friday where controllers were $40 and you got $30 for trading yours in? I can't remember the exact details but I know pretty much all ds4 and xbox controllers were $40 at multiple retailers

I'm seeing joy cons at $12.5 base trade in with no +$10 bump. Are you seeing $25 for a single con ($50 for a pair?). 

I'm seeing joy cons at $12.5 base trade in with no +$10 bump. Are you seeing $25 for a single con ($50 for a pair?).
I can't remember where I saw this promo, or if I'm imagining it but I believe the bonus would be added at the register, like the $5 Switch game bonus. Tempted to trade my grey ones for some different colors.

Newegg blocked me after a credit card dispute so maybe GameStop blocked you.
Maybe. The best parts are that they initially told me they would contact me within 48 hours regarding the fraudulent charge to my card and I didn't get a response from the until a month later and it was solely about the reward points that were already refunded. Luckily my cc company took care of it with ten minutes and overnighted a new card.
And to top it off, when I tried to use PayPal to complete this latest order, it went through PP THREE times and is still showing 'pending' on their end, yet they were immediately declined on GS's site.

Interesting, is the bonus on the controllers combinable with the +20% preorderas well? (guessing no) - anyone got a receipt scan?

I was able to buy one with in store pick up using my debit card on the app. I haven't been able to purchase anything through the mobile or desktop site in a while.

Ugh I really want forager for the deal of the day but I need to go to gs anyway Friday. If I order and pay for it will they hold it until Friday?

Edit: n/a for store pickup nvm. Ugh gotta find something now to round up for free shipping. Dotd my balls.

These might be glitches. Sekiro X1 and Breakpoint PS4 showed $19.99 on the search results page, but clicking into the details showed that price for a second then they went up to $39.99. Pretty much the same as MK11, which is now showing as $39.99, but I did get an in-store pickup order for that one at the lower price. Just waiting on the confirmation email.

It actually says you can't buy used games or accessories either. WTF!? LoL Holy crap they are giving it to people good.

It says restrictions may apply, good for one single in store, in stock item only. Applied to the highest retail item. Gift cards or game cash not mentioned.
My local GS manager stated that the initial coupon does not work for used games or accessories as they do not want a double dip with the 10%/20% off with the Pro/Elite Pro memberships. Once the used discount is discontinued, subsequent $5 month certificates will be able to be redeemed on used games/accessories. The manager also mentioned something about that used prices will be discounted further than the 10% off once the new program rolls out as well.

I was also told regarding the $10 boost for controller trade ins; they mentioned to me that some 3rd Party controllers also receive the $10 boost as well.

I placed an in-store pickup order for MK11 while it was still showing at $14.99. After PUR and CAG16 discounts it came to a little under $12 with tax. I paid with a debit card and it went through without any problems.

Just waiting for the confirmation to pick it up.

How did you pick it up so fast only got the email confirming order no pick up.
Probably because the store in the small town I'm in is slowish in the morning and had time to fulfill it right away.

Ordered at 9:47 as soon as I saw Wario64's tweet.

Ready for pickup at 10:14 and I'm like a few mins away.

I placed an in-store pickup order for MK11 while it was still showing at $14.99. After PUR and CAG16 discounts it came to a little under $12 with tax. I paid with a debit card and it went through without any problems.

Just waiting for the confirmation to pick it up.
Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back