2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn! 10 dollars for 20 boxes!! that is crazy
They were likely just going to be donated anyways, so around lunchtime, it's either sell stuff now, or drive to a donation center later. Lunchtime is prime for bulk deals.

If only I had more time and a truck :)

The good old days dumpster diving at the Library and cleaning them up a bit then trading them in McKay's wonder if it is still good and safe to do.
You have to magic erase the library stamps away... Probably some good DVD's in there though. I don't have a disc resurfacer .. all yours.

Same price on Amazon as cart only so not outrageous. GL finding a complete copy for $40.
You're on Cheapassgamer and you price retro games on Amazon? lol. Anyways, I was buying the games to flip. I already flipped DQ IV, V, and IX for a $60 profit total. VI might take a little longer because I listed it at like $108. So, even at $32 with my elite there was no money in the Chrono Trigger and I already have a my personal complete copy I paid $20 for.

Having a hard time finding anything to buy. Have $30 in credit,$5 off online order and $15 in-store order.

Is their really any benefit to gaming headset vs. normal ones? Have some decent Sony headphones, not sure gaming headsets are even good or better than regular ones.

Having a hard time finding anything to buy. Have $30 in credit,$5 off online order and $15 in-store order.
Is their really any benefit to gaming headset vs. normal ones? Have some decent Sony headphones, not sure gaming headsets are even good or better than regular ones.
If virtual surround sound is something that interest you and your on ps4, best value is the sony gold headset. Easy to setup and use. Gaming headsets are no better than standard. I personally use astro a50s. They are comfortable and sound great but overpriced. If you dont require wireless your options are unlimited

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I actually have a tiny nitpick with the Sony golds. They are made of plastic. I take what I consider really good care of all my shit, and these things began to crack. Eventually they just tore apart

I actually have a tiny nitpick with the Sony golds. They are made of plastic. I take what I consider really good care of all my shit, and these things began to crack. Eventually they just tore apart
Yep they can crack and the fake leather on the cushions peel off after awhile.. not the best but great value for 7.1 virtual surround sound

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok so I was trade limited back in june and the other I try calling the CS to get the limit lifted.  I was told they would put in the request.  How would I know the result?

Was at Gamestop today. The controller trade in signage didn't have an end date on it. Just the ever ominous "Gamestop reserves the right to end this promotion early" 

So quick question regarding picking up order.

I'm able to apply 10% pro and CAG16 when selecting store pick up. Is this intended or not? I can basically save 16% by just ordering online and pick up, instead of buying it directly at store.

So quick question regarding picking up order.

I'm able to apply 10% pro and CAG16 when selecting store pick up. Is this intended or not? I can basically save 16% by just ordering online and pick up, instead of buying it directly at store.
It’s always been like that...

Tried to use the B2G1 coupon to order 3 sets of joycons (green/pink, Odyssey red, neon blue) and it told me my card declined. Check my account and sure enough I have a $152 pending hold. Thought about trying again but the discount died right when they said it would.

Round of applause to anyone that can get any orders to work through this shit show. I regret not taking everyone seriously when they said they were having issues checking out. fuck.

With all due respect, the people who live FURTHER from the big bookstores are more likely to find alot of quality books.

The local residents are going to be continually picked HARD, to the point that it's not even worth trying.

Distance is an asset.
No, distance=time and time=money. I'd rather spend less time, gas, and wear on my car than drive more than an hour to some store 40 miles away, when I can make similar gaming profit locally.

Gamestop done shaqed up. 

One of my vintage bogo orders was for Gamecube games. I ordered:

1 Mario Party 4

1 Mario Kart DD

1 Mario Party 6

1 Smash Bros

Order arrived yesterday. I receivedL

1 Mario Party 4 in box

1 Mario Kart in box

1 Mario Party 6

1 Smash Bros...and 

Another Smash Bros.

To top it all off, not only did I get cases for two of the games (rarely do I get any cases), not only did they send TWO copies of Smash Bros- these are the nicest looking discs I've EVER received. This is the first time I've not had to resurface a GC game from them. The first time not one disc looks like it's already been through a war and their crappy resurfacing systems a dozen times. 

I'm sorry that it's taken the combined bad luck of all of CAG concerning GS for me to have some good luck, but I appreciate it!

GoodWill is the wrong place to shop for deals.

But I am not too picky on titles. Good hardback, decent dust cover, nice pages, no mold spots. No stickers. No stamps. I don't care who the author is, or what the title is. I care little. They'll buy it.

You got to find a place near you the sells books by the brown bag / by the box. Cheap. Like $2-$3 per bag/box. It's the only way this can work. Because big bookstores are only going to give you ~~$0.50 per book or so. It's got to be in mass volume to be worthwhile.

Google around for charity thrift stores, as an idea. Seriously.

(GoodWill stopped being a charity years ago. .. *sigh* )
Why all this work when you can just sign up to sell on Amazon and use their app, or one of the better low price paid apps, to scan books to sell FBA or even FBM if you don't mind individual shipments? It's much more profitable and you know before the buy *precisely* how much profit each book will bring.

does it still gives you the elite discount or bonus?
That the first thing I checked, and yep I still get my 20% off of pre-owned games. I won't know until tomorrow if I still get 30x points of purchases, but if the 20% is still working then I have no reason to think the rest of the bonus' won't work as well.

My elite is still good until the end of 2020 so I suppose there's reason to put points into a renewal. especially since they still havent said what they plan to do for people who have remaining membership left when the switch to the new plan happens in the "spring" 

My elite is still good until the end of 2020 so I suppose there's reason to put points into a renewal. especially since they still havent said what they plan to do for people who have remaining membership left when the switch to the new plan happens in the "spring"
You can't renew if you still have Elite Pro, my membership ran out yesterday which is why I was able to use the glitxh and get Elite Pro again.

If anyone is having problems ordering off of Shitshop via Online, use the app on your phone. Seems to be working quite well this way.

I tried every payment method online, multiple addresses, and only had it work once by pure luck (web browser/phone web browser) (Gamestop also didn't charge me tax for the order, thanks Gamestop. Sorry Big Brother.)

I can confirm that renewing on gamestop.com after your Elite Pro has expired does in fact give you Elite Pro again
Thanks for the heads up. A few questions, if you or anyone can help: does it matter if I buy the $15 or $20 version? I'm currently regular Pro but had Elite before and Pro is expiring soon. Would it bring back the Elite or does that have to be my most recent status level? If it brings Elite back, do I need to wait for Pro to expire? Finally, does Elite still not stack with CAG16? Thanks for any info you may have!

Thanks for the heads up. A few questions, if you or anyone can help: does it matter if I buy the $15 or $20 version? I'm currently regular Pro but had Elite before and Pro is expiring soon. Would it bring back the Elite or does that have to be my most recent status level? If it brings Elite back, do I need to wait for Pro to expire? Finally, does Elite still not stack with CAG16? Thanks for any info you may have!
Unless you want the hardcopy magazine, go with the $15 version. Should be the same benefits.

Dunno about the other questions. I had to renew early October before the online renewal glitch was reported.

I did the $15 digital game informer. I'm going to guess it just renewed whatever you were prior to running out, in my case Elite Pro, so you would probably just get Pro if that's what you are now. CAG16 does in fact still stack with the 20% Elite Pro discount

Why all this work when you can just sign up to sell on Amazon and use their app, or one of the better low price paid apps, to scan books to sell FBA or even FBM if you don't mind individual shipments? It's much more profitable and you know before the buy *precisely* how much profit each book will bring.
A fair question. I used to sell online, but I guess I just got tired of the clutter, the most inopportune times someone chooses to buy an item, how infrequently books sell (unless they are current releases), and the threat of return / actual returns / feedback extortion.

Selling online en masse is a full time job, imo. Don't get me wrong though, I do look up unusual books, and sometimes sell them online if they are expensive and have a good sales rank.

I went to my chain bookstore again today, got about ~100 store credit for multiple boxes of books. They had SMB U Deluxe for $45+tax (loose), flippable for $49 at GS .. and a few PS3 Dualshock 3 controllers for $15/ea+tax flippable for $18 at GS.

The downside to the bookstore idea is that they generally don't have new releases, or anything that you actually want to buy. So that is where store credit "transfers" from store-to-store come into play.

It's not for everyone, I can admit that, after hearing some of your feedback.

On another note..

I've got about $600 in GS credit saved up .. I'm kinda hoping JoyCons in all colors go on sale for Black Friday. Not just red and grey (Zzzz...[!]).

Oh yeah, and the GS website kind of sucks. That flashing from white / dark grey / white / dark grey while your trying a title name. Man if someone is susceptible to seizures .. don't use the GS website. I only get eye strain headaches, fortunately. (others mentioned the sorting crapiness already, so goes without saying [oops too late].)

If anyone is having problems ordering off of Shitshop via Online, use the app on your phone. Seems to be working quite well this way.

I tried every payment method online, multiple addresses, and only had it work once by pure luck (web browser/phone web browser) (Gamestop also didn't charge me tax for the order, thanks Gamestop. Sorry Big Brother.)
Did trade credit work?

I've got a little over $200 in credit and that makes me nervous. Wish I could just move it to Amazon like the old days. Can't even magine how some of you bammas deal with having $500+. 😁

This really is unhealthy behavior from one person. It used to be funny but this dude clearly has mental issues he needs to focus on rather than continually coming back here with new accounts.

Edit: Damn, he got banned quick this time.

His frequency of posting has gone up now. See something say something comes to mind.

Soooooo...I was able to use the remaining trade credit I had ($215.00) and my credit card to buy 2 pre-owned switches (red/blue and gray) and then a refurbished red/blue unit during yesterday's B2G1 slickdeals deal.

The transaction went through just fine, but it took almost 24 hours for the order to be ready for pickup at my local GS.

When I went in tonight for the pick up, the manager (who I'm super cool with) comes out with 2 brand new switches (v2) and a premium refurbished unit.  No questions asked, he said "Enjoy your systems, that B2G1 deal was amazing and glad to see you were able to score big on it!"

Not sure what the hell happened, but these units are definitely brand new and I paid used prices for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back