2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooooo...I was able to use the remaining trade credit I had ($215.00) and my credit card to buy 2 pre-owned switches (red/blue and gray) and then a refurbished red/blue unit during yesterday's B2G1 slickdeals deal.
The transaction went through just fine, but it took almost 24 hours for the order to be ready for pickup at my local GS.

When I went in tonight for the pick up, the manager (who I'm super cool with) comes out with 2 brand new switches (v2) and a premium refurbished unit. No questions asked, he said "Enjoy your systems, that B2G1 deal was amazing and glad to see you were able to score big on it!"

Not sure what the hell happened, but these units are definitely brand new and I paid used prices for them.
I thought about doing this deal, but what are you going to do with 3 of them? You happened to get lucky since you were given new ones, so they should be easy to gift or sell, but how would you offload 2 used ones? GS trade-in is only $150, BB is even worse at $120. You paid $520+tax.

I thought about doing this deal, but what are you going to do with 3 of them? You happened to get lucky since you were given new ones, so they should be easy to gift or sell, but how would you offload 2 used ones? GS trade-in is only $150, BB is even worse at $120. You paid $520+tax.
Everyone wants a used handheld console that only costs 90% of the price of a brand new one, hence why GameStop prices them out that way for soggy systems.

I could venture to say they were probably for Ebay, but the risk is not one I would take, even for $250 / ea. Someone's gonna rip you off, netting a big fat loss. (ie, return it with their busted joycons, return a different broken Switch, etc.) Too risky.

The plausible outcome would be to sell them back. The poster mentioned they had $215 credit ... I guess they could spend (520-215=305) $305 dollars to convert their store credit into cash (3X$120), or $360 cash.

So, convert $215 store credit into $55 cash .. hmmm, not a good option. Nevermind, I have nothing.

Soooooo...I was able to use the remaining trade credit I had ($215.00) and my credit card to buy 2 pre-owned switches (red/blue and gray) and then a refurbished red/blue unit during yesterday's B2G1 slickdeals deal.

The transaction went through just fine, but it took almost 24 hours for the order to be ready for pickup at my local GS.

When I went in tonight for the pick up, the manager (who I'm super cool with) comes out with 2 brand new switches (v2) and a premium refurbished unit. No questions asked, he said "Enjoy your systems, that B2G1 deal was amazing and glad to see you were able to score big on it!"

Not sure what the hell happened, but these units are definitely brand new and I paid used prices for them.
sounds like a huge mistake on his part

What controllers have a trade in bump currently? i know the joycons do but does a xbox one conrtoller? also what is the xbox controller is gonna have a refurb feed, what would it be?

Everyone wants a used handheld console that only costs 90% of the price of a brand new one, hence why GameStop prices them out that way for soggy systems.

I could venture to say they were probably for Ebay, but the risk is not one I would take, even for $250 / ea. Someone's gonna rip you off, netting a big fat loss. (ie, return it with their busted joycons, return a different broken Switch, etc.) Too risky.

The plausible outcome would be to sell them back. The poster mentioned they had $215 credit ... I guess they could spend (520-215=305) $305 dollars to convert their store credit into cash (3X$120), or $360 cash.

So, convert $215 store credit into $55 cash .. hmmm, not a good option. Nevermind, I have nothing.
I cashed out credit by selling them on Facebook at $240. Around $60 profit each.

Thinking of trading in Let's Go towards Shield and was wondering what was the highest TIV people received for Let's Go from GS in the past?  45 with a bump and a bonus?  

If it bumps tomorrow to $30 (hypothetically) then I could get up to $39 for it...maybe that's as good as it gets at this point. 

Chance for any trade in deals soon? Got some mid tier stuff. Look in your crystal ball please.

You accidentally posted on your main account, just say'in.
I don't know what my first account was so I would call this my main account. I was scammed by a user Donny Stafford was the name for the mailing address and I left the site angry over what occured. I came back just recently.

Think this is the most we'll get for it assuming no deals in the future? Scammed myself a few months back and bought it for $30 at BB. Only losing $17 would be ok.
No idea really but it's as low as sub $10 on clearance at Target if you can find a copy.

It seems that the trend for GS now is for pre-owned titles to reflect the discount of their respective games on sale, so this might be the best incentive to shop at GS (in-store, at least) for great BF deals.

I like where your head is at. I wouldn't say it's a sure thing by any means(they took away pre-owned from some of the recent dotd's), but something to watch for.

Is the Switch promo still up? I saw it in store Tuesday... Would go today to trade if it's still up.

Is the Switch promo still up? I saw it in store Tuesday... Would go today to trade if it's still up.
Alright, I'm way out of the loop - what's the Switch promo? The app nor site have shown bupkis on hardware related trade-in promos for me for a while now.

EDIT: Disregard, just saw...

Way to come and post it here afterwards, jackass
You're being unrealistic. Stealth bump prices went into effect today... and that deal was posted on the 11/11. You expect him to be able to tell the future? There's no way he could have known it would get the tiv it's currently getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back