2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else have issues trading stuff in and putting it on a trade card tonight? One employee tonight told me I couldn't swipe my trade card because it would be wiped clean and the amount from that transaction would be the only amount on there.

Any truth to this? He had to give me the balance on a GS gift card, which I can't put more trade credit on apparently. Not sure what's going on.
I've had the same trade card for over a year and have gone through thousands on and off it in all amounts. Did over $1500 in transactions tonight, plus and minus, without issue, as normal.

Anybody else have issues trading stuff in and putting it on a trade card tonight? One employee tonight told me I couldn't swipe my trade card because it would be wiped clean and the amount from that transaction would be the only amount on there.

Any truth to this? He had to give me the balance on a GS gift card, which I can't put more trade credit on apparently. Not sure what's going on.
Traded in today and had no issues. Been using the same TC card for months. Maybe it’s just a problem with that store in particular?

i use my elite card for my trade-in money. never had an issue, including today, i got a Wii Sports and Sports resort traded in :)

i use my elite card for my trade-in money. never had an issue, including today, i got a Wii Sports and Sports resort traded in :)
It's not a huge deal if you aren't a hardcore trader that brushes against the quantity/dollar limits, but generally it is inadvisable to use your membership card to store your trade credit.

Reason being, if you ever get banned the balance on your membership card gets wiped out as well.

It's not a huge deal if you aren't a hardcore trader that brushes against the quantity/dollar limits, but generally it is inadvisable to use your membership card to store your trade credit.

Reason being, if you ever get banned the balance on your membership card gets wiped out as well.
As ridiculous as it sounds, this is GameStop we're talking about, so anything is possible. I do the same thing.

Hey does anyone know if I need the battery cover to trade in defective Xbox one Controller's? I got two of them from a friend and they're missing the battery covers and a shoulder button on each lol.

This is legit. Traded in 2 joy cons earlier and got the $10 boost for each.
Same here, Friday evening traded in an Xbox one controller for $18 + $10 bonus for $28 total (not a power rewards member). It had a sticky LB but passed their test. Gonna get a replacement with bluetooth dongle from amazon for $51 as I am switching more and more to pc gaming.

Anyone know if Fallen Order has to be returned by end of close today (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday) to get the $59.99 back?  It says it expires the 17th, but just wanted to confirm I have until tomorrow.  Thanks!

How long does pick in store orders usually take to process? I picked up a Switch copy of Northgard as part of the deal of the day and it's been sitting for a few hours now. 

After your last story with the new Switches, I'm just going to assume your store is full of idiots. LOL.

Traded in 2 Xbox One controllers, 2 Wii Remote Motion Plus, and Wii Sports Resort (~$88 total). They convinced me to upgrade to pro as it was only $8 after my increased trade values. Would you all please share the most efficient use of these monthly $5 pro coupons? Appears to exclude used games and accessories - thank you!

Traded in 2 Xbox One controllers, 2 Wii Remote Motion Plus, and Wii Sports Resort (~$88 total). They convinced me to upgrade to pro as it was only $8 after my increased trade values. Would you all please share the most efficient use of these monthly $5 pro coupons? Appears to exclude used games and accessories - thank you!
They can print out $5 xbox code's, which you can use for digital games and anything on the online Microsoft store. I think they can do eshop also at $5.

I'd either use them on digital currently (if that's allowed) or wait for one of these DOTDs when something is already cheap. Don't see much use beyond that. I think they want you to use them on their cheap junk like pop figures.

Why are GameStop employees so incompetent when trying to exchanging retro online orders? Especially ones from the b1g1. Blows my mind at what I just witnessed. This chick was literally just gonna charge me an extra $100+ to exchange my games that mind you don’t even work! Because they were the ones I got for $0.00.... it’s a 30 day guarantee I should be able to exchange the game for no price at all to me...

There are some decent $5 new games you could get for free.

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/black-friday There ad isn't up but they have the page up.

Why are GameStop employees so incompetent when trying to exchanging retro online orders? Especially ones from the b1g1. Blows my mind at what I just witnessed. This chick was literally just gonna charge me an extra $100+ to exchange my games that mind you don’t even work! Because they were the ones I got for $0.00.... it’s a 30 day guarantee I should be able to exchange the game for no price at all to me...
Should have shown email confirmation on your phone instead of bringing in a packing slip that says $0.00

Wow looks like first party switch games are running at 30 base. Do we have any idea what the eshop Black Friday deals will be as I’m debating trading in all my switch games for credit and rebuying digitally

Should have shown email confirmation on your phone instead of bringing in a packing slip that says $0.00
It shouldn’t matter if it cost $0.00 it’s a 30 day same item exchange guarantee. She even tried to say they were out of stock at the warehouse I just pulled my phone out and was like really? Cause I can make an order for one online right now.

I don't get employees who make up their own rules for such things. You aren't losing money or your job by following the stores own policy, why do you feel the need to make it harder for customers.

Here's the Star Wars G2L code if anyone needs it. I need to stop going to the store with the shitty receipt printer. Code is EBC3062653. I'll be back with the one for Pokemon later tonight.
vwHQbvO.jpg

They can print out $5 xbox code's, which you can use for digital games and anything on the online Microsoft store. I think they can do eshop also at $5.
Have you actually ever used the dollar off coupons on these print out codes?

The reason I ask is because when I renewed my Pro last week, I tried to buy a $10 PSN print out code, and the $5 renewal coupon wouldn't work on that. However, when I bought a physical $25 PSN card from their gift card rack, the coupon worked just fine. The employee theorized that the physical cards are characterized differently in the system from print out codes, which is why one worked and the other didn't.

Traded in today and had no issues. Been using the same TC card for months. Maybe it’s just a problem with that store in particular?
If I understand others correctly, I believe the problem is not with individual stores, but rather using store-credit to make online purchases. (ie - buying in store is fine, buying on their website kicks errors.)

I've been "banned" before .. essentially I "reached my trade limits".

I never got any balance on my card wiped. Or points. I could still use them, but I could no longer trade.

The reason? It was a Wii summer last year, got like 40 Wii motes, dozen sensor bars, dozen power supplies, AV cables, etc. I mistakenly traded in more than 4 Wii motes in a rolling 30 day period.

Oops!

The systems? worthless. More valuable to donate them, than to sell as a complete Wii system.

So the 90 day ban on over 4 trades might be changed. Went through some old receipts and figured out I traded 5 of a game a month ago, yet I can still make trades today. Friend also renewed his card using the method to get elite pro back from his expired pro card and he only has regular pro again. Trolls gonna troll.

So the 90 day ban on over 4 trades might be changed. Went through some old receipts and figured out I traded 5 of a game a month ago, yet I can still make trades today. Friend also renewed his card using the method to get elite pro back from his expired pro card and he only has regular pro again. Trolls gonna troll.
The one time I was banned it was for 30 days. YMMV. I called customer service in that case. Spoke directly to India. I explained the situation and volunteered who I acquired so many Wii Motes from (yard sales). They said in my case, the ban would be for 30 days from the trade date. It was!

Went back into GameStop 6 weeks later, with a pile of "stuff", told them I recently "exceeded my trade limits (cuz I don't want to waste their time). They tried one game and attempted to complete the trade, then said : "nah your cool".

Traded it all in.

India might also look at your trade history. Like I said, YMMV.

Went back into GameStop 6 weeks later, with a pile of "stuff", told them I recently "exceeded my trade limits (cuz I don't want to waste their time). They tried one game and attempted to complete the trade, then said : "nah your cool".
Yup that's what happened to me. I've only heard of trade bans lasting 90 days but yeah maybe it is ymmv. Could only get 30 for too many games or 90 for going over the amount. Idk.

I haven’t seen a sale on it and it’s a top notch game, A plagues tale.

I need some advice/recommendations. I have that $10 coupon from COD and I wanted to pick something up, but most of what I want is going to be cheaper on Black Friday. Does anyone have any idea of a good game, that's not going to be a part of Black Friday that I could pick up before the coupon expires? I have a PS4 and Switch. Any responses are appreciated. I've played a shit ton of games so maybe if you have a few to recommend you could drop them in a response.

As far as my gaming tastes goes, I play just about everything except for racing and sports games. I feel like most of the games that I've missed are ones that have probably flown under the radar. Another thing is that the games don't necessarily have to fantastic.

So the 90 day ban on over 4 trades might be changed. Went through some old receipts and figured out I traded 5 of a game a month ago, yet I can still make trades today.
Same-ish. I traded 4 regular wiimotes in one transaction a bit over a month ago, then brought in a wii motion plus controller the next week, and the GS employee put it in as a regular wiimote as I wasn't paying attention. So 5 Wiimotes in a little over a week. Next day I was fine to trade and have been since. Not interested in finding out what the limit is or isn't on my account, so I'll stick with 4 of a thing for now.

Wow looks like first party switch games are running at 30 base. Do we have any idea what the eshop Black Friday deals will be as I’m debating trading in all my switch games for credit and rebuying digitally
"Some" first party Switch games are at 30 base.

Across multiple retailers, apparently Mario Oddessey, Zela, and Mario Aces, are taking a big hit.

Target, Best Buy, etc got deals to do this, so I really don't expect values to go higher.

Trade your shit now, don't wait.

It's not a huge surprise, since Price Charting shows them decreaseing in "new" values.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say the price is gonna flatline at about $30.

They are really good games .. it's just that they sold multi-millions .. and they are now "common".

--

MK8 Deluxe is the #1 selling Switch game, in the past 6 months, regardless of GameStop analytics. I wouldn't trade that one in, just yet.

So couldn't trade in controller because no serial visible lol. Kept saying how it could be reported stolen.

It seems like bs, it comes off normally after couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back