2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody who bought Jedi Fallen Order from GS received their $15 Fandango credit as of yet? I did the redemption on Friday but still have nothing back from them.

Thanks

Has anybody who bought Jedi Fallen Order from GS received their $15 Fandango credit as of yet? I did the redemption on Friday but still have nothing back from them.

Thanks
Nope, same here. It says 2 to 5 business days to review/receive, but I am sure there is some variance and hidden factors in that.

Nothing yet here, either. And was the $5 coupon/certificate ever confirmed for buying this game, or was that just a rumor?

Thanks

I mean specifically the part about the 10% going into June, just in case I wasn't too clear about it. I only heard that the 10% goes until it's replaced by the new program. Otherwise you'd get 10% off plus the coupon. What you're saying is the opposite of what I have heard.
Yeah, I had to make sure to ask all my questions since I needed to make sure as well, but after asking them several times, and over multiple visits, my understanding is that the program for existing members before January 2020, will still get the 10% off pre-owned until June 2020.

From what I know, this is how I've been told about it, but I will be dropping by tomorrow anyways, so I can double check, and make sure again for you as far as what I'm being told by the staff in all the stores in my area, and I'll report back to confirm, or clarify then.

Getting to keep the discount until June would be pretty sweet. That plus the $5 coupon seems too good to be true though.

Am also curious about what they'll do for elite pro customers since the card cost double in the beginning. Would be really scummy to just downgrade and give no refund.

I bought online yesterday with Trade Credit like 3 times (ds4 flips) and had no issues. I wonder if it's the card itself? I recently started using a new trade card instead of the membership card.

Also, it looks like CAG16 is gone for now? I tried to do an online order for pickup with it and nothing applied.

Forgot who mentioned NMS going up in value for Xbox to $13.50, but it's apparently gone up again to $14.85, which is weird. Might be time to bite on trading it now.

So select DS4 controllers are only $38.99 during the early sale, do you guys think the trade value tanks on/before the sale? Also how much is the refurb fee and do you still get the extra $10 if your controller gets a refurb? Do you have to buy the new controller when you trade or can I trade in now and then wait until Sunday to buy the new one?

My son has a camo controller that works but something is rattling inside (I think maybe the rumble came loose). 

Ok so what's the general consensus on using trade credit online lately? Is it to be trusted or is it a gamble that could end up requiring a call to support?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok so what's the general consensus on using trade credit online lately? Is it to be trusted or is it a gamble that could end up requiring a call to support?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I've made probably 3-4 online orders, using trade credit, in the last week. One of those orders was as recent as 8pm-9pm last night.

The main issue I’ve had with trade credit online is it still charges tax. I figure it is because it would likely be shipped from out of state or GameStop.com is a multistate entity but haven’t tried to recoup that difference even when picking up in store

I mean specifically the part about the 10% going into June, just in case I wasn't too clear about it. I only heard that the 10% goes until it's replaced by the new program. Otherwise you'd get 10% off plus the coupon. What you're saying is the opposite of what I have heard.
What I know is from the Reddit GameStop threads.

In Spring 2020, ELITE is going away. Everyone who is Elite is being downgraded to (old rules) Pro, to live out their subscription duration (until it gets nixed, soon after). I'm not really sure about loss compensation will be handled. Extra (new rules) Pro, likely.

The ultimate plan is to phase out Elite first, then (old rules) Pro later.

At some point, (old rules) Pro will likely be nerfed.

You can no longer purchase Elite or (old rules) Pro. (Unless it's a glitch.)

Essentially GS is bleeding money. They WANT to eliminate the programs (which were too complicated even for them -- example -- see how you flip stuff at their expense?), and normalize everything. That way, when they do profitable sales, they don't need to worry about the 1 or 2% who are going to sodomize them.

The benefits of the (old) programs may have been easy for you and me to understand. But at GS, there isn't clear leadership, and the turn-around for job placement is high. IMO they want it simple for them to understand.

Problems arise. They are noticing them. They used to just pass the buck (which is why we could flip stuff, while they bleed money) - they are getting wiser, imo (not fully, but better).

Good 1/2 year of viable flips left, honestly. So don't go banging your head into the wall.

Do I take advantage of loopholes? Are you high?

I'm just saying stuff as I see it. .. For what it's worth, I'd rather visit a GameStop than a frickin' Walmart to buy games. [oh you want to see a game, oh, ohhkay, let me find someone with the key.. he doesn't have the key, hold on... Zzzz]

Is it possible to get a refund for the unused months / years of pro. If my Elite Pro gets downgraded, I have no use to shop at Gamestop for used games and would be a waste of money at that point.

Is it possible to get a refund for the unused months / years of pro. If my Elite Pro gets downgraded, I have no use to shop at Gamestop for used games and would be a waste of money at that point.
I suppose the interesting part of this post is how you used plural months/ years.

Do much B2G1 ? :)

Oh I've known for longer than most what was coming (and why). I think I was the first one here to confirm that EP was going to go away permanently. But the funny thing is the confusion, as what you've just posted is like the 3rd or 4th version I've read of what's going to happen. It's almost comical at this point.
Correct us all, and spill it all out!

I think all 4 of your stories end badly for the older Pro (including Elite) models? Just a hunch.

Details might change, but the end result is the same.

I just got the email from Fandango this afternoon
still waiting for mine. How did you get the entire receipt in one shot? I only sent in the top 2/3 of the receipt and the print was really small. The receipt had the preorder, bonus DLC code, Fandango instructions and I think the return blurbs on it. I think it was close to about 2.5 feet long?

I have 4 years of Elite Pro. Wasn't going to have another GCU situation so when I heard they were doing away with it, I stocked up.
I'm really not sure how it will get converted. GS might just stack up what you paid and give you 8 years (or whatever's left) of their new Pro program. $5 a month for the next 70+ months!

You'll be buying PS6 online store cards by then!

Will you get a refund? Not likely, just sayin'.

As a rule, Business's are happy to take your money ... but if you ever try to get it back, there will be problems.

I can't correct anyone, as no one really seems to know. But today is the first time I've heard anyone say that people can keep their 10% and double dip everything into June of next year.

Version 1, which is what I hear the most on GS discord and elsewhere, says EP and Pro get converted to the new Pro in Spring of next year. No more 10% and everyone gets the coupons now. But those who have it already can keep the 10% until then. All new sign ups are on the new version.

Version 2...Same as above, but because the "system" sees EP differently or some other thing those who have EP can keep it until it expires. I think this is unlikely of course.

Version 3 is what I commented on today. EP goes to normal Pro in the spring but everyone who had it keep the 10% until June and also gets the coupons. Keep in mind the one of the new 5 dollar coupons right now specifically can't be used on preowned because they didn't want people double dipping on the discount, so I also see this as unlikely.

And your version may be slightly different than these too, I'm not really sure.
Thanks for your response!

I'll run through them:

(1) Plausible

(2) NO

(3) NO (there is no credible information to substantiate)

---

I'm not really sure how my version differs much from your Version #1 (Elite ends, Pro continues for a time).

Maybe the motives of such cessation were the reason? /shrug.

My elite expires today. I can do the renew glitch tomorrow correct? Can I use points to renew? Does it matter if I renew for 15 or 20?

My elite expires today. I can do the renew glitch tomorrow correct? Can I use points to renew? Does it matter if I renew for 15 or 20?
The glitch was corrected. You are 2 weeks late.

$20 will at least give you something to read while on the toilet. Value added.

I just picked up a game today. Dude commented about me being elite, and when I pointed out I was covered until 2025 he showed me his system says I expire June 1 2020.

IDK what their plan is, but mine isn't to silently let them downgrade/cancel me without compensation for what they sold me.

Also, whomever asked about a custom link for discount toys and collectibles I can't figure out any better way than to load links like this: Toys 512 results and then just look for anything that has two prices. You can either look manually or somehow automate it if you have that ability.

EDIT: I just clicked my own link and somehow the CAG affiliate shit at the end changed my link to only show 12 results  :bomb: 

Here's how to make your own:

- Open a GS page of whatever you want to see more results for.

- Filter it how you want it filtered.

- Sort it how you want it sorted.

- Scroll down to that load more button.

-
right click that button and then click inspect element. It'll open html with some highlighted. Right click that highlighted part and click copy element. Paste it into wordpad/notepad/word/etc. Remove everything before https: and everything after the sz=12. Change that 12 to 512 or whatever large number you want to view at once. Copy and paste that link into your browser. Enjoy viewing a fuck ton of items on one page.

I'm betting if we have to call for compensation, they will refund what remains of our elite membership by issuing the equivalent in rewards points.

I can't find where to ADD my account number to get my PUR discount anywhere since they updated their website. It gives me the option to join only, not use existing. Called customer service he told me to give them a few weeks. Um what?

Deal of the Day is $12 Starlink Starter Packs, $4 Starlink Ships, $2 Weapon Packs, and $1 Starlink Pilots. Looks like I'm finally buying in. Also a headset for $24, a Gears 5 Drone for $100, and a Fortnite Pinata for $50.

I also have very few games to trade in, but there seems to be a Stealth Bump. (EDIT: could be an app glitch. I haven't had one for a while but values are different on the website.)

Happy pre-Black Friday Friday.

So, overall - not too excited about their ad. Not many random/oddball games on sale, and they were beat by ads that came out two weeks ago....not sure how that happens.

Either way, the biggest question is whether the used prices will drop in accordance with the BF prices. That's been the case for the past few Pro Day sales, so hoping it continues here as well. That could make the B2G1 actually worth a damn, especially since Switch is included this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back