2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually so my elite expired 11/21. Logged in today to basic member. Kept reading posts today from the past few hours and saw someone posted they recently renewed and got elite again so I decided to give it a go and purchased the $14.99 with trade in credit about an hour ago. I'm elite again :) Took a couple of minutes to update. Logged out and logged in after 15/20 min. I was initially scared cause when you click renew on website it just adds pro to your cart. Thank you to everyone who posted on this awesome glitchy matter <3 Gamestop reps been harassing me to renew in store with my points the past couple of weeks. Glad I kept saying no even if they were being at times annoying about it. Also glad no one did me dirty and renewed it sneakily. I had a sneaky store manager try to add a "free" protection to a pre-owned game I ended up getting when I cancelled a 20% bonus $5 pre-order deposit.
Ahh GameStop.

I guess they only fixed part of the glitch. I stand corrected.

If your elite just expired (leaving you with basic membership), you can renew then, apparently, for full elite.

I have a feeling their website code is an outdated mess, where you fix one thing and break something else. Or it's nearly impossible to fix without spending hundreds of $k (spaghetti code, or cross platform languages nobody can correlate/follow).

It will likely be patched, breaking something else :)

In any event .. grats!

If I'm looking to trade my PS4 Pro in, should I hold until there is a promotion, or just take the $200 for it?  I just want to get a Switch Lite for it, and I'm not in a rush.

I also had an elite account expire around this time last year. Website seems to call it an expired pro account. Given option to renew pro.

My conjecture is that this is only working for recently expired elite accounts which were still active when the website was overhauled earlier this year.
I was wrong. Decided to gamble $16 gs credit on this since I expect to be buying a lot next week. Worked for me. Thank you for everyone who posted about this.

I was wrong. Decided to gamble $16 gs credit on this since I expect to be buying a lot next week. Worked for me. Thank you for everyone who posted about this.
Did you renew on the website or on the app? My wife's expired about a year ago so I'm gonna try and renew.

Oh shit, anyone who downloaded the gamestop pdf this morning, look at it again. There's like 4 more pages added. Wtf now I see all these extra deals you guys were mentioning!

Gamestop Black Friday Thread is up: HERE

Everything shown on the ad is already listed, I'll check periodically to see if they update anything.

Something is definitely up with the trade limit. I'm over $2,500 in credit, and traded in 5 copies of Wii Sports last week, but I'm still good.

Starlink trades in for $9 after $5 Switch bonus (more with Pro/Elite) so it was well worth getting the $12 bundle for another Arwing/joycon holder.

Something is definitely up with the trade limit. I'm over $2,500 in credit, and traded in 5 copies of Wii Sports last week, but I'm still good.

Starlink trades in for $9 after $5 Switch bonus (more with Pro/Elite) so it was well worth getting the $12 bundle for another Arwing/joycon holder.
And I'm sub-$2k by almost $200 and got a trade limit exceeded notice at one store 2 days ago. I did abuse G2L a bit - 4 copies of Jedi Order PS4 and 3 each of Sword and Shield, so that may be it? Whatever it was, it wasn't a junior detective thing, because all of the employees know me and know exactly what I do or make it know just how much they do not care.

Only thing that looks interesting is the White PS4 Pro + 25GC for $299. Maybe, just maybe the B1G1 on old last gen games. I don't get excited for B2G1 anymore. Everything else is just meh ..

unless I'm gonna spend money just for spending it. PS3 for $59.99 is slightly interesting, but do I really want yet, another PS3? I just bought one last year. OG Xbox for $99 is slightly interesting, but I already have 3 Xbox One.

Vita could be good only if Sony still supported it. None of the apps work anymore, maps gone, Netflix lags severely, Hulu don't work, youtube app is just a icon. Browser crapped out this year. No games. $99 for Vita is too much. Should be free with rebate.

How does a Game store dedicated to games get beat by a random retailer like Best Buy? Smh...

Didn't quite get to make it out to the GS stops today, but I will be out there to several stores tomorrow.

I will ask each store, and confirm the details I've been hearing about with Pro moving forward.

Sorry for the delay. :(

I think I have Wii sports somewhere, not 100% sure.

Haven't played my wii in years, but remember having some party games. It had golf and bunch of others.

If I find it will trade it in, my wii is modded no need for the disc.

Not sure if this is it, but one thing I noticed before when I stopped getting points was that any transaction where I traded something in didn't show up at all on my recent activity page (back when we still had that). I never got to test my idea that maybe the system just wasn't keeping track anymore. It would be a very Gamestop-ish lazy way to make that work on their end just to stop giving points lol.
I remember a member having a theory regarding that, maybe it was you? I haven't been getting points so there might be a connection after all.

And I'm sub-$2k by almost $200 and got a trade limit exceeded notice at one store 2 days ago. I did abuse G2L a bit - 4 copies of Jedi Order PS4 and 3 each of Sword and Shield, so that may be it? Whatever it was, it wasn't a junior detective thing, because all of the employees know me and know exactly what I do or make it know just how much they do not care.
Damn, sorry :/ Even some of the employees that have been there for years and are out of fucks to give are starting to get pissy with me (one tried making me put all of my credit towards the preorder instead of just $5, the day after I preordered 5 Hot Wheels to pad his numbers), I really thought that guy would Jr. Detective me.

Attempted to buy some redbox games, with the intent to flip them to GS... but all of my credit/debit cards got denied (and I tried at multiple redbox locations). Figured may as well share with you guys, as it will otherwise have been a waste of time putting all this info together.

ZtgvaOB.png

traded some controllers, no trade bonus on gamecube style wireless switch controller. gave bonus on the wired switch controller last monday, dont know if they fixed it.

Days Gone has the wrong TIV on the app. Got $17.50 base tonight.

All the other games I traded tonight (6 others) had the same base values as app.

traded some controllers, no trade bonus on gamecube style wireless switch controller. gave bonus on the wired switch controller last monday, dont know if they fixed it.
So the gamecube wired controllers like this:

gyUiUU8.jpg

The one I have says "PowerA" on the back, thought it was 1st party only? I'll give it a shot I suppose. I will never use a wired controller anyways... $6.6 + $10 would be better than taking space.

today i found out "pay online to pick up in store" is now temperamental depending on what location you pick

one store yes, another store no

Attempted to buy some redbox games, with the intent to flip them to GS... but all of my credit/debit cards got denied (and I tried at multiple redbox locations). Figured may as well share with you guys, as it will otherwise have been a waste of time putting all this info together.

ZtgvaOB.png
I have yet to find any switch games for sale at any of my redboxes. Must be for certain states. Also Gears 5 is another you can add to that list.

Not sure why thiers 2 wii classic controllers for trade in. They look like third party in the picture.

Assuming it's a mistake and should be fine trading in? I have the ones that attach to wiimote.

Need to get rid of one of our wii. It's better trading in wiimote($5.50) and sensor bar.($6.60). They give $15 for entire system.

Make sure you get the Glacier White PS4 Pro CUH-7216B model. That is the newest model that is suppose to be the quite one. Not sure what Gamestop is going to sell tomorrow, but just ask for that model number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibalwJXoNs

Make sure you get the Glacier White PS4 Pro CUH-7216B model. That is the newest model that is suppose to be the quite one. Not sure what Gamestop is going to sell tomorrow, but just ask for that model number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibalwJXoNs
That’s the one GameStop has from what I was told when I asked what version it was.

If GS gave $250 for a Pro instead of $200, I would trade my 7200 Red Dead Pro for the White one, as both times it’s released in North America it’s been GS exclusive.

last year I sold my 7100 White Pro for $500 on Amazon once reviews of the 7200 came out, & how I was afraid I would scold my hand when I went to take that model to the Extra Life LAN I participated in. That value would make it much easier to upgrade to a PS5 next year selling a White Pro on Amazon.

So yeah, the info I got before on renewing is the same.

Though the timeframe doesn't seem as clear as before.

They say the email mentions by end of Spring 2020, but don't give an actual date.

I guess we'll just have to enjoy it while we still can. :D

So if you plan on renewing to get the $5 to use on a new product now, make sure to do so before 11/30, since that's when the renewal bonus expires, and you will get to keep your pre-owned discounts up until everybody gets the axe.

Also, spent most of the morning compiling all the games I want for the B2G1 for BF.

Got everything ready, and just need to wait for the day to arrive to return and rebuy, so at least I can go in when it's not super early, and crazy busy with the crowds, lol.

Anyone happen to know if the +$5 trade credit promo for Switch games will continue into next week? I know it’s already been active for 2 straight weeks.

Also, spent most of the morning compiling all the games I want for the B2G1 for BF.

Got everything ready, and just need to wait for the day to arrive to return and rebuy, so at least I can go in when it's not super early, and crazy busy with the crowds, lol.
How does that conversation go?

"Hi I'd like to return all these games."

"What's the reason?"

"Because I want to rebuy them all"

Some people just have no self respect lol.

How does that conversation go?

"What's the reason?"

"Because I want to rebuy them all"

Some people just have no self respect lol.
That's exactly how'd it go.

What did you expect?

"What's the reason?"

"I'm the Queen of France!"

"Ah, alright then."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back