2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly how'd it go.

What did you expect?

"Hi I'd like to return all these games."

"What's the reason?"

"I'm the Queen of France!"

"Ah, alright then."
Well I'd expect (considering you have a weeb profile picture, I'd say more of a hope) that youd have the integrity to not do this at all. Due to people in this country having an all time low of self respect I cant say I'm surprised that you do this however. Just find it sadly funny is all

I've been shot down multiple times trying to return rebuy games during a sale that I purchased the day before. I can only imagine how unwilling to help you they'd be if you try this during black Friday.

I got my code on Thurs night. I submitted the code when i picked up the game on the 14th so I assume I got in before the waves of submissions on the release day.
Still waiting for mine. I think I submitted it on Sunday so I think I'm another day or two out given some of the current comments.

I've been shot down multiple times trying to return rebuy games during a sale that I purchased the day before. I can only imagine how unwilling to help you they'd be if you try this during black Friday.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that some gamestop employees act like they have a personal ownership interest in gamestop, and the company will only survive if they make it their mission to stop anyone from trying to take advantage of sales

Well I'd expect (considering you have a weeb profile picture, I'd say more of a hope) that youd have the integrity to not do this at all. Due to people in this country having an all time low of self respect I cant say I'm surprised that you do this however. Just find it sadly funny is all
If this is how you gauge integrity and self-respect, then I feel sorry for you.

Our country is in bigger trouble than you thought.

Isn’t more than 4 returns in a 30 day period one of the things that gets you trade banned? Triggers an automatic loss prevention thing or something

Early BF deals are live on the site just in case anyone is interested. Placed my order for the PS4 "Only on PlayStation" 1TB using my card and it went through just fine. Happy shopping!!!

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that some gamestop employees act like they have a personal ownership interest in gamestop, and the company will only survive if they make it their mission to stop anyone from trying to take advantage of sales
That sounds like a lot of the GameStop around me. Not even flipping, just spotting good deals seems to get under their skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you finally use gift cards again on Gamestop's website?

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on PS3/360/Vita/Wii/Wii U/DS seems nice.

Looks like the incentive to buy a PS4 Pro just want up with that $25 coupon and $299 price point.
I don't know if I just got lucky but I was able to buy Killer Queen Black with a gift card for store pick up no problems with my account and I was having just as many problem as anyone during the B1G1F a few weeks ago and I couldn't get an order to work no matter what I tried. Between you asking and one other user on the 19th having issues maybe others are not having this problem anymore?

Okay wtf. The Death Stranding Pro is now $299.99 online. If that's the same in store I'm definitely return rebuying since I haven't opened it yet. $100 off weeks after release is a dick move.

Days Gone has the wrong TIV on the app. Got $17.50 base tonight.

All the other games I traded tonight (6 others) had the same base values as app.
Ahh, I was wondering what was up with Days Gone. It was on the Most Wanted List, so i bought a copy at the pawn shop to trade in. But then when I double check the TIV, it was crap, so i just sold it on ebay for $25. Would have much rather gotten $17.50+Elite at GS. Maybe I can find another one.

Attempted to buy some redbox games, with the intent to flip them to GS... but all of my credit/debit cards got denied (and I tried at multiple redbox locations). Figured may as well share with you guys, as it will otherwise have been a waste of time putting all this info together.

ZtgvaOB.png
Thank you for the work, I've done this before and know what a pain it is. BUt why are you adding 20% and 40%?? I'm guessing maybe you're stacking the 20% promo for trading toward a game, but all the games thats valid on are out already. is it possible to get the bonus and end up not buying the game like it is when you do it towards a pre-order?

Looks like discounted prices for the early Black Friday sale are now live.

Apparently Medievil, Judgment, and Catherine for the PS4 are early discounts.

Okay wtf. The Death Stranding Pro is now $299.99 online. If that's the same in store I'm definitely return rebuying since I haven't opened it yet. $100 off weeks after release is a dick move.
Blame Sony. All the PS4 Pro version’s are $300 currently at all retailers.

With it still sealed I’d return & rebuy also since GS has 30 day return on new, sealed product.

Ahh, I was wondering what was up with Days Gone. It was on the Most Wanted List, so i bought a copy at the pawn shop to trade in. But then when I double check the TIV, it was crap, so i just sold it on ebay for $25. Would have much rather gotten $17.50+Elite at GS. Maybe I can find another one.
I doubt the TIV stays there as the used price dropped along with the new price tonight.

Blame Sony. All the PS4 Pro version’s are $300 currently at all retailers.

With it still sealed I’d return & rebuy also since GS has 30 day return on new, sealed product.
Yeah we are in the holiday returns period so I should be good until December whatever. If I do it on BF, I'll get the $25 gc too, correct?

Thank you for the work, I've done this before and know what a pain it is. BUt why are you adding 20% and 40%?? I'm guessing maybe you're stacking the 20% promo for trading toward a game, but all the games thats valid on are out already. is it possible to get the bonus and end up not buying the game like it is when you do it towards a pre-order?
20% is elite. 40% is trading towards Death Stranding, Pokemon Sword/Shield, SW Jedi Fallen Order... which you could probably just get a gift receipt for and then just return (though I haven't ever personally done a gift receipt return, so not sure how successful you would be doing that). The $5 is/was only applicable towards switch games.

On a side note, really kind of bummed I wasted most my night looking up the games on redbox, checking the TIV on gamestop, checking the locations of all the switch games in my area and coordinating my route to the kiosks accordingly... only to have the redbox kiosk reject each and every one of my credit cards. Was a huge waste of time.

I have yet to find any switch games for sale at any of my redboxes. Must be for certain states. Also Gears 5 is another you can add to that list.
The switch games are only available in select areas, according to this post on slickdeals:

At this time, Nintendo Switch™ games are only available at limited kiosks in the following cities: Albany, GA, Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, Colorado Sprgs, CO, Denver, CO, El Paso, TX-NM, Erie, PA, Eugene, OR, Ft. Smith, AR, Greenwood-Greenville, MS, Laredo, TX, Macon, GA, Marquette, MI, Meridian, MS, Mobile, AL-FL, Nashville, TN, Odessa-Midland, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Portland, OR, Reno, NV, Richmond-Petersburg, VA, Salt Lake City, UT, San Antonio, TX, Seattle-Tacoma, WA, Spokane, WA, Springfield, MO, Traverse City, MI, Tulsa, OK, Yakima et al, WA.

I have yet to find any switch games for sale at any of my redboxes. Must be for certain states. Also Gears 5 is another you can add to that list.
The switch games are only available in select areas, according to this post on slickdeals:

At this time, Nintendo Switch™ games are only available at limited kiosks in the following cities: Albany, GA, Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, Colorado Sprgs, CO, Denver, CO, El Paso, TX-NM, Erie, PA, Eugene, OR, Ft. Smith, AR, Greenwood-Greenville, MS, Laredo, TX, Macon, GA, Marquette, MI, Meridian, MS, Mobile, AL-FL, Nashville, TN, Odessa-Midland, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Portland, OR, Reno, NV, Richmond-Petersburg, VA, Salt Lake City, UT, San Antonio, TX, Seattle-Tacoma, WA, Spokane, WA, Springfield, MO, Traverse City, MI, Tulsa, OK, Yakima et al, WA.

How long has CAG16 only applied to only 3 games? I mean sort of stupid, since you can just do multiple orders, but still annoying.
Sometime shortly after new website went live. It sucks but you can split up orders in a smart way unless you're buying several games that won't add up to free shipping

Amazon has matched Crystal Crisis at 19.99 - the best advertised price I’ve seen.

I had Star Wars Pinball at GS as the lowest at $25, but Amazon is $19.99 as well.

So far GS is 1 for 3 on my list.

So yeah, the info I got before on renewing is the same.

Though the timeframe doesn't seem as clear as before.

They say the email mentions by end of Spring 2020, but don't give an actual date.

I guess we'll just have to enjoy it while we still can. :D

So if you plan on renewing to get the $5 to use on a new product now, make sure to do so before 11/30, since that's when the renewal bonus expires, and you will get to keep your pre-owned discounts up until everybody gets the axe.
What’s going on with renewals? My Elite just went out, and I’m probably going to renew to Pro soon, it have seen no emails.

What’s going on with renewals? My Elite just went out, and I’m probably going to renew to Pro soon, it have seen no emails.
If you're going to renew to pro anyways, do it online through the renew your account from the account screen as some of us have has success with getting Elite Pro back doing it that way.

As far as what's going on, right now you get a $5 bonus if you get a pro membership and then every month you will get a $5 gift/reward certificate and then sometime next year they're doing away with the 10% off of pre owned games fro everyone.

Is this early Black Friday stuff just online or is it at the store right now as well? I wanna pick up some games and am curious if I can just run to the store today, or if I have to order it online.

My local store is almost in walking distance of my house so I usually prefer to just go in there when I can.

I was skeptical. But I did get elite pro when renewing online. It said renew your pro membership even though I had elite pro that expired last year.

Amazon has matched Crystal Crisis at 19.99 - the best advertised price I’ve seen.

I had Star Wars Pinball at GS as the lowest at $25, but Amazon is $19.99 as well.

So far GS is 1 for 3 on my list.
Star Wars Pinball has been 19.99 at other retailers for a few weeks. I got mine for 19.85 at Wal-Mart on 11/7. For some reason stores are going to have it for $25 for Black Friday. :shock:

20% is elite. 40% is trading towards Death Stranding, Pokemon Sword/Shield, SW Jedi Fallen Order... which you could probably just get a gift receipt for and then just return (though I haven't ever personally done a gift receipt return, so not sure how successful you would be doing that). The $5 is/was only applicable towards switch games.

On a side note, really kind of bummed I wasted most my night looking up the games on redbox, checking the TIV on gamestop, checking the locations of all the switch games in my area and coordinating my route to the kiosks accordingly... only to have the redbox kiosk reject each and every one of my credit cards. Was a huge waste of time.
Well, even at 20% it will be worth my time on a few of them. Btw, I had a similar issue with my credit cards and Redbox before. Two things you can try, first, buying the game on the website for pickup at the kiosk. Second calling them. I called them, talked to a Filipino girl and she said something along the lines of them disabling credit cards for purchases at redboxes with high rates of fraud. yada yada yada. Didn't help with that machine but I was able to buy from another machine later on that day. Can't hurt to call.

Well, even at 20% it will be worth my time on a few of them. Btw, I had a similar issue with my credit cards and Redbox before. Two things you can try, first, buying the game on the website for pickup at the kiosk. Second calling them. I called them, talked to a Filipino girl and she said something along the lines of them disabling credit cards for purchases at redboxes with high rates of fraud. yada yada yada. Didn't help with that machine but I was able to buy from another machine later on that day. Can't hurt to call.
I called yesterday morning, and the CS rep I talked to said pretty much the same thing you said; that any machine that had reports of getting "paper copies" or fakes at, they temporarily disable game rental/purchases at. Was told all my cards still worked, but later yesterday evening I tried at another different kiosk and still wasn't able to buy any games.

Only thing I can think of that may be an issue is if there's a quantity/dollar limit (I had 3 games I wanted to buy).

I might try buying online and picking up at the kiosk, in a couple days.

Thanks for the tips though. This probably goes without saying, but I imagine the TIV's may have changed, so I'd probably recheck them if/when you decide to get the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back