2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to renew to pro anyways, do it online through the renew your account from the account screen as some of us have has success with getting Elite Pro back doing it that way.

As far as what's going on, right now you get a $5 bonus if you get a pro membership and then every month you will get a $5 gift/reward certificate and then sometime next year they're doing away with the 10% off of pre owned games fro everyone.
Thanks for the help!

Such a lackluster Black Friday for GameStop.

I can see why all the staff hours were not allocated.  They were not expecting a big crowd.

The SEGA Genesis mini for $50 is a good deal though, since that mini delivers.  I got mine a couple months ago though by trading books into my local chain bookstore.

The stuff on "sale" seems to be similar items for Pro-Days, or Deal of the Day.

The doorbusters are OK, you'll save money if you are looking for very specific games.

Mostly a disappointment, though.  GS waits till after their competition releases their own flyers.  How can they NOT blow them out of the water?

What a disaster.  A company that specializes in games can't beat Target, Best Buy, or friggin WalMart?

You can tell which members were noobs as kids if they are looking forward to the Sega Genesis Mini now... (Mode 7 activated!)  :speaktothehand: 

You can tell which members were noobs as kids if they are looking forward to the Sega Genesis Mini now... (Mode 7 activated!) :speaktothehand:
But mode 7 was the SNES???

I am fully prepared to be schooled on how this is some deep Sega reference in that one game where the thing happened. I had a Super Nintendo and a Turbografx.

Didn't realize GS closes at 7!!!! I showed up to BB to grab something and walked to GS in the same Plaza around 7:45. If I had know I would have gone earlier :(

Didn't realize GS closes at 7!!!! I showed up to BB to grab something and walked to GS in the same Plaza around 7:45. If I had know I would have gone earlier :(
It depends on which stores. Some close to me close by 8pm, others close at 9pm. On Sundays, all stores by me close by 6pm.

It depends on which stores. Some close to me close by 8pm, others close at 9pm. On Sundays, all stores by me close by 6pm.
Stores often have extended hours around the holidays. It's usually 6 PM Sundays most stores until Christmas season, then it could be pretty much anything.

Battlefield V trades in for $16.50 with Pro and is on sale for $15.99 on PSN. Good way to convert to digital. I do this for multiplayer games so my oldest son can play with me on his PS4.

Samsung Pay has 20% cashback for gamestop. Wondering if anybody has attempted to use it.

Looks like it has tiers:

20% is preowned games and hardware, collectibles and accessories
15% is gaming accessories
10% is new consoles, hardware and digital currency
5% is everything else [that isn't listed above]

Looks like it's a $100 cap. Might be able to be used multiple times online.

Samsung Pay has 20% cashback for gamestop. Wondering if anybody has attempted to use it.

Looks like it has tiers:

Please note the terms and conditions. If you use any additional coupon code or offer such as CAG16. You will NOT get the Cash Back on the transaction. Just a heads up.

the 50 online rewards coupon doesn't work for like half the items i try. No preorders/legos/accessories like wtf. Half the statues/collectibles dont count either.

Does the instore rewards coupon have similar limitations?

Good God, does it always take 20 minutes to trade a phone in? I stopped in to pickup my yooka layee online order and someone was trading in a phone. The kicker was that they did the whole tech check and the associate forgot to ask for his id first so there wasn't even a trade in performed

Good God, does it always take 20 minutes to trade a phone in? I stopped in to pickup my yooka layee online order and someone was trading in a phone. The kicker was that they did the whole tech check and the associate forgot to ask for his id first so there wasn't even a trade in performed
Sometimes I just leave when I see people doing trade ins. Even normal transactions can take up to 20 minutes if you've got a chatty cathy employee.

Looks like it has tiers:

Installed the app to check the promo and closed it, then I re-opened the app to check the end date and it had different values than before, up to 4%. Don't know if these things are targeted or not but I uninstalled it right after.

Make sure you get the Glacier White PS4 Pro CUH-7216B model. That is the newest model that is suppose to be the quite one. Not sure what Gamestop is going to sell tomorrow, but just ask for that model number.

[snip]
Thank you so much for this.

That’s the one GameStop has from what I was told when I asked what version it was.

If GS gave $250 for a Pro instead of $200, I would trade my 7200 Red Dead Pro for the White one, as both times it’s released in North America it’s been GS exclusive.

last year I sold my 7100 White Pro for $500 on Amazon once reviews of the 7200 came out, & how I was afraid I would scold my hand when I went to take that model to the Extra Life LAN I participated in. That value would make it much easier to upgrade to a PS5 next year selling a White Pro on Amazon.
Sorry if I'm parsing your post incorrectly - and I'm not expecting you to predict the future - would you guess that this Gamestop White/Glacier model will sell for more than whatever the GS TiV is likely to be for the inevitable PS4 Pro trade-in for PS5 launch (I would guess $200 for standard PS4 Pro)? That might get me off the fence, as I loathe my Pro for its noise.

I know there were at least two reports of the $10 controller bonus being dead yesterday. Was anyone able to successfully get the bonus?
Around 5pm EST today I'm headed to my store to trade some switch games in. Going to see if the signage they had for the controllers is still up and check on the $5 switch bonus.

Isn't there supposed to be a designated pick up area at the counter for online orders? A big sign hanging from the roof. The last time I picked up a game they just handed it to me from there and I walked right back out. They didn't even ask me for the order number :lol:

Isn't there supposed to be a designated pick up area at the counter for online orders? A big sign hanging from the roof. The last time I picked up a game they just handed it to me from there and I walked right back out. They didn't even ask me for the order number :lol:
There was only one person working and the line was 2 deep after the cell phone trade in. They didn't even have all of my online order ready either despite my email saying it was ready. Most importantly, my switch yooka laylee was ready

Will any of the Black Friday games have used prices reduced as well?  Debating using a $25 certificate for Gears 5 now and getting it for like $16-18 used.

Thank you so much for this.

Sorry if I'm parsing your post incorrectly - and I'm not expecting you to predict the future - would you guess that this Gamestop White/Glacier model will sell for more than whatever the GS TiV is likely to be for the inevitable PS4 Pro trade-in for PS5 launch (I would guess $200 for standard PS4 Pro)? That might get me off the fence, as I loathe my Pro for its noise.
Yes that’s what I’m saying. I sold my 7100 White for $500 last year to get the 7200, & even now the White Pro’s are going for over $400 used.

Anytime it’s a retailer exclusive color it generally goes for more money than a standard GS trade in. I sold my GS exclusive Diablo Switch for $400 to buy the new battery life model in August.

Problem is the TIV dropped $25 on Sunday to $175 b/c of the current sale.

Will any of the Black Friday games have used prices reduced as well? Debating using a $25 certificate for Gears 5 now and getting it for like $16-18 used.
I would just get game pass if you don't have it for a buck( I think three months), play for a buck and wait for a better deal on physical.

So how good are the yooka laylee games?
I know one is more of a donkey Kong or banjo clone, 3d platformer.

The newer one looks to be a 2d platformer.

So how good are the yooka laylee games?
I know one is more of a donkey Kong or banjo clone, 3d platformer.

The newer one looks to be a 2d platformer.
The Impossible Lair is a 2D platformer and the original is a 3D platformer. I really want to get the sequel on Switch, but none of the Gamestop's by me have any copies for Switch. I have the original on PS4 so maybe I'll just spend the extra $5 and get it for $15 on PS4, I have heard it's quite good though.

I have heard it's quite good though.
Picked it up yesterday and have been playing it. Outside of the initial horrendous load time on switch, yes it is pretty good. Levels are a mix between the recent rayman games and DKC. What surprised me is that there is also lot to do exploring the top-down overworld map.. (feels old-school zelda like).

Better than the first game. Though I wish they pulled off 3d platforming with the same amount of polish instead of just leaving it behind.

Are people still having trouble ordering online with trade credit? I want to place an order, but I don't want to call in, in case it gets cancelled.
If it gets cancelled you will have to call to get it back, and good luck on that. If it's a hot item I wouldn't risk using credit it if you think it might go out of stock.

What’s the title?
"Get $5 off $25+ at GameStop."

How to Redeem the Offer

Activate

Add this offer to your account with PayPal. Available for the first 20,000 saves.

Shop

Make one purchase of $25 or more at GameStop using PayPal by 12/2/19.

Save

Your $5 savings will be applied automatically and reflected in your PayPal email receipt**.

You can find it by logging into Paypal and clicking on "Shopping"

Only the first 20,000 who claim it can get the deal. Must make a purchase using Paypal before December 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back