2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long ago did you place the order? I've placed orders before that took as little as 30 min and some about 8-9 hours.

Very confused. Just had an “auto issued reward certificate” on my account for -15000 points. Went to a store the morning but didn’t ask them do anything with my rewards. What’s going on?
Came in here to ask the same thing. Had a -5000 auto issued certificate, which I'm fine with, but it's not anywhere in my account or my email. Is there a delay?

Any problems ordering for store pick up with TC?
Haven't gotten anything for BF, wanted to pick up a couple things but don’t want to deal with any hassles or having to call CS. Anyone order online for store pick up have any issues?
so far all of my orders are getting thru, just one item (free game) was out of stock and cancelled. tried the customer service but no help and instruct me to just to talk to the store employee and explain the situation. probably just gonna have to return the other two games.

so far all of my orders are getting thru, just one item (free game) was out of stock and cancelled. tried the customer service but no help and instruct me to just to talk to the store employee and explain the situation. probably just gonna have to return the other two games.
Dang that sucks bro. Sorry to hear that. I’ve learned it’s best to call the store your ordering from and checking to see if they have what you want in stock before making the order. It’s proven to be quite helpful for me. Maybe try this next time.

Got most of my BF order in today. Out of the 3 games that were supposed to be in the order, 1 wasn't even included (RE2 used) and the 1 New game (Man of Medan) was "GS used" with a sticker slapped on the case (no shrink-wrap, of course). So now unless RE2 magically gets inserted into my remaining delivery, I'm going to have to fight with customer service to get it straightened out.

I'm guessing the local stores wouldn't be able to assist with this, would they? They are usually pretty cool, and might be able to help me out with an actual New copy of MoM, but not sure about the missing RE2 - since it was an online order to begin with.

Any problems ordering for store pick up with TC?
Haven't gotten anything for BF, wanted to pick up a couple things but don’t want to deal with any hassles or having to call CS. Anyone order online for store pick up have any issues?
Yeah. My first in store order with trade credit and I didn't get a chance to pick up until the next day. Then all of a sudden I get an email that my item was picked up and my order was complete.

Now the order doesn't show on my account so I have to call customer service and request a refund. Of course the wait is over an hour.

Sigh GameStop cancelled my b2g1 order (out of stock) but posted a $3 charge on my credit card. The authorization was originally $99 and finally posted as $3.

If I do a B2G1 used online, can that be combined with the “$15 off single item at GameStop.com” PUR certificate? Or is it technically “not a single item” and they then won’t let it work?

Trying to determine before I redeem points for the reward cert.

If I do a B2G1 used online, can that be combined with the “$15 off single item at GameStop.com” PUR certificate? Or is it technically “not a single item” and they then won’t let it work?

Those coupons are very tricky to use with a B2G1. Say you get three $20 games and try to use a $15 off coupon. That will make one of those games five dollars.. and the system will automatically ring that one up as the free game, making the coupon go completely to waste.

Anyone know how long it takes for authorization charges to drop? Got a bunch of cancellations, but the money was still taken from my account.
From what I hear in this forum, the charges won't be dropped. You need to call customer support.

I would not recommend doing a store pickup because of the risk of cancellations. The GS inventory is grossly FUBAR, and items they show in stock don't actually exist. (personal experience too - don't do it.)

When they can't complete your order, they cancel it. Which is dandy. Except they don't reverse charges (sometimes). [roll the dice.]

One more time:

I would not recommend doing a store pickup because of the risk of cancellations. [and a waste of personal time.]

For what it's worth all 9 of my transactions went through. In shipment, next week. I'm not relying on any particular store to have my items.

The sale window is small, so choose the best option. If you need to deal with customer service, the window is already closing .. or closed. RIP.

Long story short : Store pickups is not a good bet (IMO).

The other posters have already told you about how they are only good for getting one higher value game + two lower value games to even out the prices on the B2G1 set of three.

However, the bigger issue is that the ONLINE certs are well known for having problems working at all (it's a "known issue"), and most likely you'll just end up having to call up customer service for a hour to get your points back.

I get that Vita labels are so tiny they are basically impossible to read, but still. They've sent me the wrong Vita game four times now. 3 times I got BlazBlue: Continuum Shift when I wanted Chrono Phantasma, so they must have that wrong in their computer. And just now I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus when I ordered 2 Plus.  I've got a bunch more Vita games coming, so if they are going to screwup it would be nice if they did one in my favor lol.

Honestly, so many things can and frequently do go wrong that I was hesitant to make an online order at all. But that sweet CAG16 savings was worth the potential trouble.

Got most of my BF order in today. Out of the 3 games that were supposed to be in the order, 1 wasn't even included (RE2 used) and the 1 New game (Man of Medan) was "GS used" with a sticker slapped on the case (no shrink-wrap, of course). So now unless RE2 magically gets inserted into my remaining delivery, I'm going to have to fight with customer service to get it straightened out.

I'm guessing the local stores wouldn't be able to assist with this, would they? They are usually pretty cool, and might be able to help me out with an actual New copy of MoM, but not sure about the missing RE2 - since it was an online order to begin with.
You can return any online item to any local GameStop (within 7 days?). Just bring the printed invoice with you (that was included).

If you really want to take precautions, take the box and shipping label too.

They will either apply store credit back to your account, or give cash (if you paid via credit card / debit).

Their return policy is fairly solid.

If an item item wasn't included in the package, my stores locally have been helpful. I suppose this can lead to alot of dishonesty to break the system [ ..!..] but overall it works well, as most people are honest. (there is a difference between being a cheap ass gamer and being a thief.)

If it's new - don't break that sticker seal - you have 30 days to return it. As for the missing RE2, GS started shipping from stores within the last year or two. If you got a shipping email for the game, I would look up your order on the website. Every item in the order should have a tracking number listed, so you can see if it matches the rest of your order.

You can return any online item to any local GameStop (within 7 days?). Just bring the printed invoice with you (that was included).

If you really want to take precautions, take the box and shipping label too.

They will either apply store credit back to your account, or give cash (if you paid via credit card / debit).

Their return policy is fairly solid.

If an item item wasn't included in the package, my stores locally have been helpful. I suppose this can lead to alot of dishonesty to break the system [ ..!..] but overall it works well, as most people are honest. (there is a difference between being a cheap ass gamer and being a thief.)
I've never had any problems with online orders myself. I had a couple of those loose disc arrivals from the sealed game. They swapped it out in store, no questions asked!

Got my first (4) Birthday 20% off pre-owned game coupons under active offers... is that typical and do they stack with the B2G1 B1G1 that would still be going on tomorrow? 

I've never had any problems with online orders myself. I had a couple of those loose disc arrivals from the sealed game. They swapped it out in store, no questions asked!
Aye loose discs are the bane of my collection. I've never had the luxury of a GS employee switching stuff out, but in my GameCube collection, I am looking for at least cases with valuable games.

Sometimes I get really good "brand new" discs [in a sleeve]. Mostly I just get BAD discs with dis-colorization in the inner rim. I return those (greenish color in the rim, I believe it's part of the cleaning process, but I don't want discs like that -rather yucky).

These are returned to my local GameStop. Store Credit back, for what I paid.

Thank you, but no thank you at the same time.

--

On newer games, swapping cases is a definite possibility ,,not so much for older games, as cases are not readily available.

From what I hear in this forum, the charges won't be dropped. You need to call customer support.

I would not recommend doing a store pickup because of the risk of cancellations. The GS inventory is grossly FUBAR, and items they show in stock don't actually exist. (personal experience too - don't do it.)

When they can't complete your order, they cancel it. Which is dandy. Except they don't reverse charges (sometimes). [roll the dice.]

One more time:
I would not recommend doing a store pickup because of the risk of cancellations. [and a waste of personal time.]

For what it's worth all 9 of my transactions went through. In shipment, next week. I'm not relying on any particular store to have my items.

The sale window is small, so choose the best option. If you need to deal with customer service, the window is already closing .. or closed. RIP.

Long story short : Store pickups is not a good bet (IMO).
They weren’t store pickup. They were online orders. Like 11 got canceled. So unless I call I won’t get that money back? I’m currently out of $600

Has anyone been able to get more than one $25 coupon when buying a eligible system? I already bought a switch lite but wanted to buy a ps vr and was wondering if it would print out.

Got my first (4) Birthday 20% off pre-owned game coupons under active offers... is that typical and do they stack with the B2G1 B1G1 that would still be going on tomorrow?
bday coupons are just broken atm. I didn't get any at all a few months ago. They will work in the system in a b2g1 or b1g1 set and will apply to the highest priced game.

They weren’t store pickup. They were online orders. Like 11 got canceled. So unless I call I won’t get that money back? I’m currently out of $600
Interesting. Well nobody here knows the full degree of your TOTAL order. Did you make 25 orders?

No idea for cancelled online orders, personally. There appears to be a problem, apparently. (did your card run to its limit?) Did any orders on your payment method work?

Too many questions. Lets be realistic. Your bank probably thought the transactions were happening too fast - so they shut you down. Thus everything was cancelled.

Lets be realistic. Your bank probably thought the transactions were happening too fast - so they shut you down. Thus everything was cancelled.
This.

I placed 9 orders, a mix of trade credit, paypal, and cc. None were cancelled and all have been at least partially shipped.

I did have one trade credit order decline somehow so I had to revise payment. I had to call in today to get the credit back on my trade card. Surprisingly I had a minimal wait and the cs rep was able to solve the problem in under 10 min.

Does anybody think Control will be $20 any time soon? They have a used copy at my local store might pickup with my 10% Pro and CAG16 but I probably won’t get to it any time soon.

Does anybody think Control will be $20 any time soon? They have a used copy at my local store might pickup with my 10% Pro and CAG16 but I probably won’t get to it any time soon.
Yes. From everything I've seen it isnt that good, which is why it was my free game in my B2G1. Itll be 20 possibly even 15 at christmas

Received a few of my purchases from Wednesday night online. Thes cases of these "used" games have clearly been put through the "Turn a new game into a used game" machine. Pretty awesome. Brand new games.

Received a few of my purchases from Wednesday night online. Thes cases of these "used" games have clearly been put through the "Turn a new game into a used game" machine. Pretty awesome. Brand new games.
I received 6 of my games so far, not looking great. Got 3 of my 6 NS games, 2 with cases but in rough shape. And also got 5 Vita games- only one with a case but it's water damaged.:whistle2:(

It just looks really bad. Worse than a QB clone. Havent heard a word about the story which means there likely isnt one and from the videos I've seen it looks like it has a very dark, lifeless color palette.
Don’t make it a habit of giving your opinions of games you haven’t played. Especially if they’re going to be this shitty.

I haven't played Control yet, but yeah, solid review up there. Why even bother playing games or seeking out any information about them if you can tell everything you need just by looking at the box, or maybe a few screenshots and a trailer? Ultimate cheap move, you save a ton of money that way.

Got shipping confirmation for Dec 4th. Maybe last gen stuff is causing the delays with your orders?

I did have one trade credit order decline somehow so I had to revise payment. I had to call in today to get the credit back on my trade card. Surprisingly I had a minimal wait and the cs rep was able to solve the problem in under 10 min.
That is surprising. I had to make two hour-long calls for one failed transaction, and I don't even remember how that turned out. I just remember the frustration and the useless CSR.

That is surprising. I had to make two hour-long calls for one failed transaction, and I don't even remember how that turned out. I just remember the frustration and the useless CSR.
Well wait times have improved from my last two calls. Just be firm and explain the situation. They will give you a call back if your missing a item so make sure to answer a 1800 number.

Got my GS games today. Ordered Thursday night. Not elite... Regular $5 shipping. Can't complain 🤷🏿‍♂️

Games all shipped out. Only remaining item is my Gaems Sentinel. Went from preparing to ship to awaiting product availability. Hoping I got a store that said, "I'll ship it when I can, we're busy", and not, "They give us trash hours, I've got 20 customers and 72 picks *cancel*".

All 9 of switch games were sent out...one was out for delivery today but not sure why it didn't deliver.  The other two are expected by Monday, all during B2G1 and I used Trade Credit with no issues. 

Looks like their website still struggling a bit.

Just placed an order, but couldn't load final page, but got a confirmation email for order from Paypal, then GS.

But now I keep getting sent emails about finishing checkout with the game I got earlier, and can't get them to stop because there's nothing in the cart, but the system still thinks it's there.

Funny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back