2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi can someone tell me a game title that dropped value today? All the games I've looked up the trade prices haven't changed they are the same price on the app and web so I want to make sure mine is correct

Hi can someone tell me a game title that dropped value today? All the games I've looked up the trade prices haven't changed they are the same price on the app and web so I want to make sure mine is correct
if it shows up correctly on the website you have nothing to worry about. they have to honor that value. unless you get a real clueless turd of an employee you won't have a problem.

I am grateful for the receipt being posted was able to turn $43 in credit to $72 while being able to have my 7 week old with me on his way to his checkup. I grabbed the first 8 games I saw he had posted at my local store than immediately trading them in to the GS in the same plaza as the doctors office.

I am grateful for the receipt being posted was able to turn $43 in credit to $72 while being able to have my 7 week old with me on his way to his checkup. I grabbed the first 8 games I saw he had posted at my local store than immediately trading them in to the GS in the same plaza as the doctors office.
Yea I dont understand why people are crying about a receipt being posted. Isnt this website about sharing deals and how to prioritize saving? GS knows it goes on so theres no point in trying to hide it.

Besides, you have to not care at all about how big of a goofball you look like to do this. Flipping 8 or so games is fine, but when you're taking up both your and the clerks time for an hour+ buying like 7 copies of Far Cry and Fallout, you really need to, as the other guy said, find a woman.

Do we know if all Glacier White PS4 Pro's are the "quiet" model or is it still a bit of a toss-up?
They are all 7200 Pro’s. Even the original ones in 2018 were 7100 Pro’s that were quieter than the original but ran WAY hotter. 7200 fixed the heat issue & also shrunk the power cable back to the normal one.

exactly, put these fuckers out of business for good, they want inventory? we will give them their own inventory back at a huge loss.
Damn right! They will go down as the worst retailer in history by not understanding that most basic of business concepts, buy low sell high.

I called it about a year ago and I’m still sticking to my guns. Bankruptcy somewhere around the end of q1 2020. GameStop will not make it to next gen.

Damn right! They will go down as the worst retailer in history by not understanding that most basic of business concepts, buy low sell high.
I called it about a year ago and I’m still sticking to my guns. Bankruptcy somewhere around the end of q1 2020. GameStop will not make it to next gen.
You think they will be bankrupt in 3 months? Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh. If Microsoft and Sony both announced today that their next consoles wouldn't support discs, that still wouldn't kill the company that fast.

You think they will be bankrupt in 3 months? Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh. If Microsoft and Sony both announced today that their next consoles wouldn't support discs, that still wouldn't kill the company that fast.
yep, we need alot of slick deals help to put them out of business that fast.

Damn, i formatted my xbox one to trade in for 125$ and then i was looking at getting the xbox one s jedi bundle. Damn price is up 300$ from 200$ sale price.

Now considering either a used xbox one s. Battlefield green model near me sells for 189.99.

Any advise on buying used systems at gamestop?

Damn, i formatted my xbox one to trade in for 125$ and then i was looking at getting the xbox one s jedi bundle. Damn price is up 300$ from 200$ sale price.

Now considering either a used xbox one s. Battlefield green model near me sells for 189.99.

Any advise on buying used systems at gamestop?
yes, dont do it

Yeah I get so many people are rooting for the demise of GameStop (actually no I don't understand) but for them to go bankrupt in 3 months with Christmas on its way takes the cake.

Not real sure why they don't just hire somebody who does what blackbeard did, and make it that person's full time job to make sure trade values are NEVER higher than sale price (even in best case scenarios, i.e. with cag16 and elite discount).

Got a set of B2G1 delivered today and one of them was the wrong disc (bought GR Breakpoint, got GR Wildlands), even though the case was correct.

Not real sure why they don't just hire somebody who does what blackbeard did, and make it that person's full time job to make sure trade values are NEVER higher than sale price (even in best case scenarios, i.e. with cag16 and elite discount).
The number of people who do it as a percentage of their customer base is too small to make that worthwhile. For every 1 person who does this there are at least 20 trading in their copy of Madden for $12 3 months after dropping $60 on it. People who flip are outliers. Further, now that they stopped allowing us to use TiC on gift cards, they still probably make a slight amount of money on us in the long run.

Anyone know how long we have to pick up an online order? My email confirmation didn't say.

The number of people who do it as a percentage of their customer base is too small to make that worthwhile. For every 1 person who does this there are at least 20 trading in their copy of Madden for $12 3 months after dropping $60 on it. People who flip are outliers. Further, now that they stopped allowing us to use TiC on gift cards, they still probably make a slight amount of money on us in the long run.

Anyone know how long we have to pick up an online order? My email confirmation didn't say.
You have a week. It's at the top of the ready to pick up email in smaller print. Easy to miss.

UFC 3, Hello Neighbor PS4, GT Sport, and Horizon complete are the 5 dollar titles that I have found. Several 3 dollar titles as well, and no shortage of 2 dollar ones. Traded 12 games and I'll probably leave it at that...unless this all stays the same tomorrow again lol.
What game is GT Sport? I searched and couldn’t find it.

Just swung by my local Prestige GameStop, no signage for 4/$10 or 4/$20 and the employees said there isn't one going on. Did I misread previous posts?

Had a really really weird Gamestop.com experience.  Like Black Mirror type of experience.  I know this is not a blog but I had to share.  Ordered a few games (new) on Black Friday and they all arrived shrink-wrapped :shock: :shock: :shock:.  Doesn't make sense.  One maybe, but all three.  Legit scared

Just swung by my local Prestige GameStop, no signage for 4/$10 or 4/$20 and the employees said there isn't one going on. Did I misread previous posts?
GS Employees are one of few groups of retail employees who have stock in the company and desire to succeed at their shitty job. Unless you have a friend working at GS, the employees are usually always working against you.

^ This.

Do we need posts with miles long receipts? Hand holding to the finest detail?

Couldn't we just say the the 4/$20 deal has plenty of potential and let people do a little work on their own.
I just have to disagree. The spirit of this community is that we help each other out and in particular, help those who are new CAGers as much as possible. I mean, how useful would the Black Friday ad threads be it just said "ads are available, there are deals to be had and wink, wink, there may or may not be glitches." I'm not saying you personally, but some people who complain about not having sheets are the same people who don't want to share it with anyone else. In general, I'm not sure where all this hostility or paranoia came from in regards to sharing of info. It didn't used to be like that in this community.

All that said, I need to put my money for my mouth is and help out more. I have tried to give back by mailing things to CAGers at a loss that I previously have gotten from GS. I already told you all that I called it quits with GameStop earlier this year, but the least thing I can do is answer questions when I can.

So yesterday Overwatch Monopoly was $6.50 today it’s back up to $50.00. I don’t understand how items get removed from clearance and put back to full price. That’s not how clearance works.

Does Gamestop have a way to search a specific customer by what they ordered (e.g. serial number on a console), for the purposes of contacting them?

Reason I ask is, instead of my 6 game set of B2G1 PS4 games (packing slip listed my stuff which I didn't get), I received a gigantic box, inside which was a used PS3, a generic controller, and several kids games like Toy Story Mania and Cars Race o Rama.

I feel pretty bad for the kids that ended up with my Contra Rogue Corp, Generation Zero, etc. as their Christmas present.

I wish there were still easy ways to convert trade credit to other currencies. That Mario Red Switch at Walmart looks so good :/

Anyone looking for quick flips just use the search function for ps4 games under $10. The top 25-30 all have trade values of $2-5. Buy 4/$20. Its not that difficult people. 

UFC 3, Hello Neighbor PS4, GT Sport, and Horizon complete are the 5 dollar titles that I have found. Several 3 dollar titles as well, and no shortage of 2 dollar ones. Traded 12 games and I'll probably leave it at that...unless this all stays the same tomorrow again lol.
Hello Neighbor actually rings up higher for both systems in store, despite the online price still being 9 dollars.

I just have to disagree. The spirit of this community is that we help each other out and in particular, help those who are new CAGers as much as possible. I mean, how useful would the Black Friday ad threads be it just said "ads are available, there are deals to be had and wink, wink, there may or may not be glitches." I'm not saying you personally, but some people who complain about not having sheets are the same people who don't want to share it with anyone else. In general, I'm not sure where all this hostility or paranoia came from in regards to sharing of info. It didn't used to be like that in this community.

All that said, I need to put my money for my mouth is and help out more. I have tried to give back by mailing things to CAGers at a loss that I previously have gotten from GS. I already told you all that I called it quits with GameStop earlier this year, but the least thing I can do is answer questions when I can.
I'm all for sharing info. The spreadsheets were great back in the day. But the flamboyant posts and the spelling out of every title gets GS attention much faster than sharing info. This round is also pretty straight forward as it's tough to miss something of some value. When the info is shared and then we get the posts that basically ask the community to do every ounce of work for them over and over it's basically waving a "hey GameStop, over here!" Flag.

There's definitely a difference between helping and doing all the work for someone.

A little effort goes a long way is all.

In general, I'm not sure where all this hostility or paranoia came from in regards to sharing of info. It didn't used to be like that in this community.
Because there have been actual "deals" (read: glitches) that were killed much faster than they would have otherwise specifically because people on this site advertised them.

Loose lips really do sink ships.

still havent gotten everything, but highlights from what I got today are a complete Godfather II Don's Edition for PS3, Persona 4 Golden and Hyper Dimension Neptunia rebirth1 with cases, and an honest to goodness, complete with case and manual, Pokemon Heartgold. I almost shit myself. I paid $25 for a complete Heartgold :)

Forget what I said earlier...I've traded in 24 games now (different stores). This is kinda insane still.

Here's what I can offer. ...all games are PS4 unless specified

5 dollar base...(again, all PS4 unless specified)

God of War

Horizon Complete

Gran Turismo Sport

UFC 3 (both systems)

Hello Neighbor PS4 IF you can get them to manually adjust. Price is 8.99 on app and website, and stickers on most boxes.

4 dollars

The Last of Us Remastered

3 dollars

Bloodborne

Little Big Planet 3

Uncharted lost legacy

Uncharted Collection

Arkham Knight

Metal Gear V Ground Zeros

Metal Gear V Phantom pain

Lego Star Wars Force Awakens

Watchdogs

Battlefield 4

Mad Max

WWE 2K17

Unjustice Ultimate edition

Knack

Genesis Alpha One

Dishonored 2

Dragon Age Inquisition

Extinction

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

WRC 7 (Xbox One)

And the 2 dollar games are tons so find those on your own. But these here are max value IMO.

I just think starting January 1 everyone is probably on the 5 dollar coupon garbage plan, so this is the last ride. The final charge of the GS brigade so to speak. Just throw it all out there I guess.
These are more $3 easily found games.

Mortal Kombat X

Need for Speed

Thief

WWE 2K17

Lords of the Fallen

Past Cure

Plants vs Zombies

I traded in 27 games today at Store B and was hit with a refurb fee on Mad Max. I took it back to Store A where I bought it from to get an exchange but I did not have a receipt. The cashier said I could only trade it in and then she charged me a refurb fee. The irony is that she just sold me the game in bad condition. I did not know that they charge tax on refurb fees. I should have asked for a lower price on the game when I was buying it, since it was damaged. I am not mad because it was a flip anyway. Lesson is to not buy scratched up games.

Forget what I said earlier...I've traded in 24 games now (different stores). This is kinda insane still.

Here's what I can offer. ...all games are PS4 unless specified

5 dollar base...(again, all PS4 unless specified)
God of War
Horizon Complete
Gran Turismo Sport
UFC 3 (both systems)
Persona 5
Hello Neighbor PS4 IF you can get them to manually adjust. Price is 8.99 on app and website, and stickers on most boxes.

4 dollars
The Last of Us Remastered

3 dollars
Bloodborne
Little Big Planet 3
Uncharted lost legacy
Uncharted Collection
Arkham Knight
Metal Gear V Ground Zeros
Metal Gear V Phantom pain
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens
Watchdogs
Battlefield 4
Mad Max
WWE 2K17
Unjustice Ultimate edition
Knack
Genesis Alpha One
Dishonored 2
Dragon Age Inquisition
Extinction
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
WRC 7 (Xbox One)
Mortal Kombat X
Need for Speed
Thief
Lords of the Fallen
Past Cure
Plants vs Zombies Garden warfare

And the 2 dollar games are tons so find those on your own. But these here are max value IMO.

I just think starting January 1 everyone is probably on the 5 dollar coupon garbage plan, so this is the last ride. The final charge of the GS brigade so to speak. Just throw it all out there I guess.
Unless I'm missing something, unless you go sperg mode and buy as many of the $5 games you can in your area, this doesnt seem worth it at all. If you pay $20 for 4 base $3 games, you're only profiting $12 in GS money. I mean if you're really hurting for cash I guess? But it really seems like more trouble than what its worth.

Unless I'm missing something, unless you go sperg mode and buy as many of the $5 games you can in your area, this doesnt seem worth it at all. If you pay $20 for 4 base $3 games, you're only profiting $12 in GS money. I mean if you're really hurting for cash I guess? But it really seems like more trouble than what its worth.
Did you factor in the $5 bonus on each game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back