2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should clarify from now until the end of 2020. I wonder if they'll do it quietly or actually announce it like the last time.
Couple of sources I listened to say after the initial 200 in December, it will be 300-500 stores a month till the end of the fiscal year. Don't know how true obviously, but a good amount will close in 2020.

I think it's smart that they're closing a ton of stores. In the bay area, as populated as it is, there's absolutely no need to have 40-50 gamestop's in a 50 or so mile radius. A number as low as 10 would suffice, it wouldn't spread out inventory as much and would make for a much easier shopping experience. If they're smart about this, I think they can still last awhile. GS sells tons of things that are still in demand.

So where do all these "tech trades" get reported? Pre-owned hardware? Can't see how they plan to become a big player in that market... or if it will even exist with how disposable our phone habits are these days. 

Pull it together Gamestop

Dont leave meeeeeee[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just dropped by my local "mall" gamestop.  Manager said they were in the top 5% in sales in the country.  His store is up for a remodel soon, half digital lounge, half physical store.  He also said GS will be opening/converting to 3 types of stores, digital lounges, retro stores, and combos.  First time I've ever seen that manager, so who knows.  In fact, most of my local stores have new faces.  They must have cut back on their seasoned employees and brought in minimum wage workers.

Camelot331 is warning customers of closing stores. If you have a reserve at a closing store, get your money back ASAP. Every reservation not cancelled will be put of a GC given to the DM to be shipped back to corporate. Yes, they can legally do this!

Switch is ringing up as $175 *with the $50* bonus? It’s $125 regularly? No way that’s right.

Wow guess it is.

Camelot331 is warning customers of closing stores. If you have a reserve at a closing store, get your money back ASAP. Every reservation not cancelled will be put of a GC given to the DM to be shipped back to corporate. Yes, they can legally do this!
That doesn't make any sense though, they usually send them to the nearest store.

But it's GameStop, and they usually do the dumbest shit they can, so probably true,

I have no dog in the fight on whether flipping is good or bad. All I'll say is Gamestop, more likely than not, would prefer to close off this practice since it doesn't bring in actual revenue, and ultimately nets negative for them once product sold and revenue and costs are summed together.

Those who do this can justify it in whatever they please. But the fact is there is zero monetary incentive for the company to encourage or condone this practice. I suspect GS will increasingly move/instruct their management to stop it. I doubt very much they would care about losing those customers.

I like Camelot, but just because his shady ass managers did something doesn't mean that it's policy or legal. These closures happen all the time and the pre orders are transferred to another store. They could not as a company take all the money and run and get away with it.
Toysrus did the same thing

All gift cards towards the end of there demise were not usable

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you all really want to nerd out on the financial stuff, listen to the 45 minute conference call > https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/dk2bdxpw

One of my favorite parts is around the 13 minute mark where the CEO brags about how consumers are spending more time on their new website. UH YEAH GEORGE thanks for the inability to filter on availability of items and having to click "load more" 50,000 times a day. Thank you for the friction-less experience.

"Gamestop $GME saw EPS of -49cents vs +11est. " Double ouch.
"New Hardware sales declined 45.8%
New software declined 32.6%
Accessories decline 13.4%
Pre-owned declined 13.3%
Collectibles increased 4.3%
Net loss of $83.4 million for the quarter"
What do you think the major investors would think if they knew those preowned sales were fabricated? And that there isn’t even really that big of a preowned market, and they gut new games, put them through a grinding machine, and then sell them as used, to boost their used games sales figures?

Want to see if you got any of these games? It’s simple. If you have ordered off GameStop.com within the last month, look at your game cases closely. Does one side have a shredded look to the plastic like someone scraped the side on cement? Congrats, that’s a brand new game.

Brand New “Preowned” Games:

[attachment=33322:9E3ADB35-9A07-4D48-A349-0D312D2F637D.jpeg]

[attachment=33323:F054DFD8-FF97-42C7-BEE7-2BBD6BE54EE8.jpeg]

That doesn't make any sense though, they usually send them to the nearest store.

But it's GameStop, and they usually do the dumbest shit they can, so probably true,
Why would they do a giant PR nightmare like that? People have to realize Camelot isn't out there as some sort of consumer watchdog - he's an ex-employee with an axe to grind, now trying to make a living as a YouTuber, something that requires constant sensationalism.

What do you think the major investors would think if they knew those preowned sales were fabricated? And that there isn’t even really that big of a preowned market, and they gut new games, put them through a grinding machine, and then sell them as used, to boost their used games sales figures?

Want to see if you got any of these games? It’s simple. If you have ordered off GameStop.com within the last month, look at your game cases closely. Does one side have a shredded look to the plastic like someone scraped the side on cement? Congrats, that’s a brand new game.

Brand New “Preowned” Games:

attachicon.gif
9E3ADB35-9A07-4D48-A349-0D312D2F637D.jpeg

attachicon.gif
F054DFD8-FF97-42C7-BEE7-2BBD6BE54EE8.jpeg
I find them in that condition in stores as well.

This is another one of those things that people trust him too easily on. Maybe they do buy some games and sell them as preowned, but that's all accounted for on the balance sheets. They convert stuff all the time. It's not fraud in the sense they are suggesting.
I would be more likely to believe that they pump up pre owned numbers by leaving open loopholes like the 4/20 we are all currently plundering. This is the longest I can remember something like this lasting.
Q4 results are going to be equally as brutal for them. I just need them to hang on a bit longer. So much for that new PUR program saving them. I'm sure all the casuals will be there in force to spend those 5 dollar coupons at the expense of those of us who actually bought...games.
They just need to survive 2020, and they will be okay through 2023, likely. But, 2020 is going to be a pita for them.

Why would they do a giant PR nightmare like that? People have to realize Camelot isn't out there as some sort of consumer watchdog - he's an ex-employee with an axe to grind, now trying to make a living as a YouTuber, something that requires constant sensationalism.
I agree 100% and don't trust a god damn word he says, but everywhere I go I see comments citing his videos. Wario64 retweets that you can preorder RE3 CE in store, and all the replies are about "Phase 3" and that they won't even be around by then. Then you have people here saying they've "heard" figures regarding store closures, when they just got it from one of his videos.

I'm not even going to fight the bullshit anymore, just ride the wave until we find out he's wrong, then cherry picks shit he was right about to save face.

I agree 100% and don't trust a god damn word he says, but everywhere I go I see comments citing his videos. Wario64 retweets that you can preorder RE3 CE in store, and all the replies are about "Phase 3" and that they won't even be around by then. Then you have people here saying they've "heard" figures regarding store closures, when they just got it from one of his videos.

I'm not even going to fight the bullshit anymore, just ride the wave until we find out he's wrong, then cherry picks shit he was right about to save face.
Better yet, not watch any of his videos. I've only seen 2 of his videos in the past years, he seems like a bitter prick of an ex-employee that wants nothing but to see the company fail.

Anyone remember when the Gamecube ports of Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica were rare and out of print, and Capcom re-printed them, and almost immediately, gamestop took a $30 new game, gutted them all, and resold them as "Used" for like $40+? :D/ :D/

Anyone remember when the Gamecube ports of Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica were rare and out of print, and Capcom re-printed them, and almost immediately, gamestop took a $30 new game, gutted them all, and resold them as "Used" for like $40+? :D/ :D/
Or the Xenoblade Wii second run they marked to a sickening $90 preowned before they were called out.

Or the Xenoblade Wii second run they marked to a sickening $90 preowned before they were called out.
and Metroid Prime Trilogy

And Digital Devil Saga 2 with that box cutter slice along the back of the case. They're not doing it to defraud investors, they're doing it so they can price it well above MSRP without upsetting publishers.

They have been doing this for years. I remember specifically when I worked there we had mysteriously gotten some "used copies" of Guitaroo Man for PS2 and the new price was like $19.99, but used it was at least double that at $40, may have been a bit more but I can't remember. These were definitely new copies of the game though. I had seen the same earlier with stuff like Suikoden 2.

I didn't know they reprinted Suikoden II. I shoulda been all over that.

I do remember the games that started all this madness, when Gamesquestdirect mysteriously got brand new copies of Rhapsody and Persona 2 and everyone figured out they were reprints because they didn't come with the Playstation security sticker. Gamestop received stock of the same games eventually with a boost in price.

Quick Question and just so I can avoid a ban (although at this point, I don't know why I care): I'm good with trading in 4 copies of the same game in a month, but trading in a 5th copy will get me banned?

I take it there's no good deals/trade promos, since the conversation has devolved into talking about that one YouTube guy again.

I take it there's no good deals/trade promos, since the conversation has devolved into talking about that one YouTube guy again.
4 for 20 boomerang is still going strong.

I think everyone was just talking financials since GS's quarterly report came out yesterday and the results were quite bad.

I still need gamestop for just a few more cheap vita game's.

Being banned sucks. I did a 15 hour move and the couple gave me the OG ds and all the mario game's with case's (keeping these). And a ton of xbox one game's i don't care for some as new as 3 month's ago.

I didn't even think to use Gamestop credit or reward certs to buy a gift card! I see them at all the stores I go to, so I convert them if I can.
A few months ago GS shut off being able to spend store credit to purchase the various store gift cards stores carry. And stores do have them as they weren’t in the original fall store reset, but GS sent up to 2K count of cards per store & had someone come in to reorganize them (see GS Reddit thread.)

You may still be able to use the money off purchase reward certificates to buy store gift cards, but there were some unverified reports of that being shut off as well.

You can still use store credit to buy gaming cards like PSN, XBox currency, etc.

That....sounds like a high labor/low reward sicheashun.
Like I said..its a slow process. The GS shares a parking lot with the Target I frequent a lot...so I keep an eye out for small flips from GS to Amazon to hopefully stay under the radar. The problem is..with Target there...I seem to get trade in credit at GS from Target clearance games faster than I can move it anywhere else. So I really am hoping that they (GS) stay in biz since I'm not a high volume purchaser from them and have trouble signicantly drawing down my card.

Or maybe I'll just get Scarlett when it drops. 🤬

It's pretty easy to convert PSN/eShop credit to Pay Pal on a site like gametz. I see it go for 90% value pretty constantly, so if you just want to move that $200 to real money you can turn it into $180 without much fuss or muss.

Most people already know this, but xbox credit is MS store credit.

Couple of months ago converted $300 of my gamestop credit to xbox credit by buying $50 cards. Ended up buying 8tb hdd,samsung t5 ssd and some other stuff. Might work for some, mostly if it's on sale as MS store prices are sometimes too high.

No there's no middle man on gametz. It's just a trading platform.
Sounds high risk. But I'm not familiar with the service anyways, so I don't know either way. But shenanigans could happen (sellers loss)?

---

On another note, the GS website was working this morning again to make online purchases using gift cards (store credit, etc). I was getting worried since some certs I needed to unload expire at the end of the year. It worked and I used all of them .. whew!

All last week and part of the week before, I was getting the error "Transaction declined, please use another payment method", upon clicking Place Order. I thought it was just my account at first, but I saw others complaining they couldn't place orders either.

Maybe they rebooted the server, I dunno.

Like I said..its a slow process. The GS shares a parking lot with the Target I frequent a lot...so I keep an eye out for small flips from GS to Amazon to hopefully stay under the radar. The problem is..with Target there...I seem to get trade in credit at GS from Target clearance games faster than I can move it anywhere else. So I really am hoping that they (GS) stay in biz since I'm not a high volume purchaser from them and have trouble signicantly drawing down my card.

Or maybe I'll just get Scarlett when it drops. 🤬
That target is a mess. If you're talking about the P Hill one, do you go right away when you get a notification that a clearance game dropped? I've never seen a good deal at that one. But then again, I've never seen a good deal at target ever.

That target is a mess. If you're talking about the P Hill one, do you go right away when you get a notification that a clearance game dropped? I've never seen a good deal at that one. But then again, I've never seen a good deal at target ever.
No I work closer to the one in Richmond off of Macdonald. So lunch break between that location and/or the Albany one I usually can find some deals every few weeks. The GS in the Macdonald shopping center is a prestige...despite it being where it is. 😄

Most people already know this, but xbox credit is MS store credit.
Couple of months ago converted $300 of my gamestop credit to xbox credit by buying $50 cards. Ended up buying 8tb hdd,samsung t5 ssd and some other stuff. Might work for some, mostly if it's on sale as MS store prices are sometimes too high.
Holy smokes, thanks for the reminder! Totally forgot about this.

Sounds high risk. But I'm not familiar with the service anyways, so I don't know either way. But shenanigans could happen (sellers loss)?

---

On another note, the GS website was working this morning again to make online purchases using gift cards (store credit, etc). I was getting worried since some certs I needed to unload expire at the end of the year. It worked and I used all of them .. whew!

All last week and part of the week before, I was getting the error "Transaction declined, please use another payment method", upon clicking Place Order. I thought it was just my account at first, but I saw others complaining they couldn't place orders either.

Maybe they rebooted the server, I dunno.
Gametz is garbage. Years ago when I was there, it was basically a small clique of low-ballers who would trade amongst themselves and troll the heck out of anyone who dared to offer trades that weren't slanted in their favor. Also when trading, you have to buy two or three types of tracking to protect yourself from the scammers on there who would say they didn't receive what was traded or they'd say the item wasn't as described.

Got trade banned. Was able to get 3 switch lites and a spider man PS4 pro with only spending 18$. Thanks Gamestop ❤️❤️❤️
lol nice. I'm flirting on the line of being banned, but it's worth the risk. This has been the best flipping I took part in since the glory days of FYE and their $27 values
for games that were under $5 at EB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back